bottlehed


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bottlehed

Wha'dya think?

Artist's dilemma:

shemoos


quality posts: 0 Private Messages shemoos
Misskari wrote:

Just working on something happy and lighthearted.

edit: That's cool, SG. :D



I am totally in love with this! I'd buy it right now! You should make it anyway and sell it to me!

shemoos


quality posts: 0 Private Messages shemoos
zwartepaard wrote:Here's what I've got. I went with red and green.



in case the concept isn't as clear as I'd like it to be, I'd probably call it something like, "Big Head, Little Arms" or "Why T. Rex is NOT a Painter." If it's still not clear, Mr. T. Rex is trying to paint a still life, but his head is too big to let his lil' arms reach the canvas, so he gets mad, throws his paints down, takes the chicken/turkey/duck out of his still life and leaves a trail of painty footprints.

Comments and suggestions are most appreciated! :D



I'd vote! I'd buy! I'd wear!

Spiritgreen


quality posts: 217 Private Messages Spiritgreen
SkekTek wrote:No no no.... you should do it! Just because I did this doesn't mean you didn't come up with the same idea independently, and your design could be 100% better with the color scheme you picked!

And reading back, a lot of my fellow derby readers agree. I just thought it really funny that we both thought of the old velocipede as a tron thing.



Thanks ST', very nice of you! I'll see how it turns out then.

Cheers. :^)

midgerock


quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
kevlar51 wrote:Here's one of the designs I've been working on:



I've tried it on Brown, Asphalt, Navy and Black. In the end it came down to brown and black but I think black works best to make the ghost pop out.

Feedback is welcome and much appreciated!


I like this a lot but which is the ghost?
I thought the green kneeling character only because of the sketchyness of its rendering. Plus I'm not too crazy about the angle you chose. He looks like he's *cough* being serviced. You might want to go 3/4 quarter view.

kevlar51


quality posts: 46 Private Messages kevlar51
midgerock wrote:I like this a lot but which is the ghost?
I thought the green kneeling character only because of the sketchyness of its rendering. Plus I'm not too crazy about the angle you chose. He looks like he's *cough* being serviced. You might want to go 3/4 quarter view.



I was afraid of that.

The green one is the ghost--since he's transparent.

The red one is a suit of armor on display

midgerock


quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock

I guess I'm going with this.
since I heard no "no".

bsweber


quality posts: 1 Private Messages bsweber



midgerock wrote:I have to say this looks amazing.




Thanks guys, really appreciate it!!

JesseBYAH wrote:This is amazing and beautiful! But I guess this begs the question of whether the shirt color can be one of the complementary colors or not... has this been answered already? I read through the thread but didn't see anything... or is the other ink color a dark green, meaning that it matches the theme?

Sorry, I'm really not trying to be nit-picky at all, I'm just honestly wondering what the rules really state; it's hard to tell what's allowed and what's not.



Hmm, that's a really good question. I assumed the shirt could be any color--including complimentary. The two inks involved are red and green, so that part should be fine....Not sure about the shirt though.




kevlar51


quality posts: 46 Private Messages kevlar51
bsweber wrote:


Hmm, that's a really good question. I assumed the shirt could be any color--including complimentary. The two inks involved are red and green, so that part should be fine....Not sure about the shirt though.



I think as long as your inks are red and green you're fine.

Though I have been wrong before.

kevlar51


quality posts: 46 Private Messages kevlar51
midgerock wrote:I guess I'm going with this.
since I heard no "no".



yes, that's the one i liked

kevlar51


quality posts: 46 Private Messages kevlar51

Does this help any?


Misskari


quality posts: 8 Private Messages Misskari
midgerock wrote:I guess I'm going with this.
since I heard no "no".



FYI, chopsticks sticking straight up out of rice is taboo. The Japanese do that at funerals.

Also, if this were mine, I'd take out the weathering.

And I like the version of shock that you have in this version.

specsmachine


quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine
kaseyfleming wrote:ok, i think im done with this piece. you guys think these shades of blue and orange will be ok?



I'm the opposite of lkackman. I see the orange, but that second color is way more cool grey than blue.

Misskari


quality posts: 8 Private Messages Misskari
shemoos wrote:I am totally in love with this! I'd buy it right now! You should make it anyway and sell it to me!



Thanks. XD

How do you like this version?

bassanimation


quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Misskari wrote:Thanks. XD

How do you like this version?



Really love this! Got my vote in the derby!

bassanimation


quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
lkackman wrote:

UPDATE... I think im done with the dragon and I started on the tiger. This is where I stop for the night. Maybe I can finish it tomorrow before noon.

Any thoughts or suggestions?



This is really striking and cool, I love the boldness of the design!

bassanimation


quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
jasneko wrote:I was low on time tonight and am now feeling mightily zzzzzzzz, despite a number of ideas. But here is one...

"On the fence".



Cute, Jasneko! I like the shade of purple and yellow you've chosen!

bassanimation


quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
kaseyfleming wrote:ok, i think im done with this piece. you guys think these shades of blue and orange will be ok?



I really love this, Kasey, she's so beautiful, and she has a slightly mischievous air about her ^_^. I see the light blue as sort of a turquoise on my screen, so it looks fine as far as the color rules go. Awesome work!

healsr4f


quality posts: 0 Private Messages healsr4f
bottlehed wrote:Wha'dya think?

Artist's dilemma:



Haha, I like.

midgerock


quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Misskari wrote:FYI, chopsticks sticking straight up out of rice is taboo. The Japanese do that at funerals.

Also, if this were mine, I'd take out the weathering.

And I like the version of shock that you have in this version.



Thanks for the feedback.
that's funny you mention the taboo of the sticks because now knowing that, I think that adds to the design, because saying "cheesenrice" is a euphemism for saying something else considered taboo by some.
edit:
I also want to say I really dig the dragon/tiger fist bump! very sharp and wearable!

midgerock


quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
kevlar51 wrote:Does this help any?



yeah that helps out a lot.
is there any way of maybe giving the ghost a glow?

uniique


quality posts: 2 Private Messages uniique

Here's what I've been tinkering with, trying to figure out the colors. Either shades of violet and yellow on royal blue, or shades of blue (navy) and orange on brown. Thoughts, anyone?



Any input is greatly appreciated. :D

Misskari


quality posts: 8 Private Messages Misskari


I tried one with a rabbit for Chinese New Year, too.

morleyt2009


quality posts: 2 Private Messages morleyt2009
missmissa07 wrote:Orange + Blue = U of Illinois = I can wear it to the college football bowl games that woot describes in the description! Yay!



As an native of Tallahassee and a Seminoles fan, my mind went straight to the freaking Gators. If I see a single Gators-inspired tee I might just throw my computer at the wall.

uniique


quality posts: 2 Private Messages uniique
kevlar51 wrote:Does this help any?



The display case gave it new life. I really like this. Puts it right in the museum with a visiting spirit paying homage. I love it. I'm way into asian themes.

uniique


quality posts: 2 Private Messages uniique
marnelra wrote: This is a quick sketch of the idea I am working on. Any feed back would be appreciated.



Very styling. Colors looking good. Should do well. Stylish dsigns always seem to stay on top.

morleyt2009


quality posts: 2 Private Messages morleyt2009
CapSea wrote:While I admit this is very neat, I have yet to spot the taco. Hmm....



The clouds look amazing! And I'm sure the taco is somewhere on the ground. That's why those birds are circling.

Misskari


quality posts: 8 Private Messages Misskari
uniique wrote:Here's what I've been tinkering with, trying to figure out the colors. Either shades of violet and yellow on royal blue, or shades of blue (navy) and orange on brown. Thoughts, anyone?



Any input is greatly appreciated. :D



This is ridiculously great. Really cool.

The light tint of the orange and dark shade of the blue almost make it look monochromatic. I don't know if I'd be concerned about that or not.

Great job, uniique. I'm loving your stuff.

uniique


quality posts: 2 Private Messages uniique
Misskari wrote:This is ridiculously great. Really cool.

The light tint of the orange and dark shade of the blue almost make it look monochromatic. I don't know if I'd be concerned about that or not.

Great job, uniique. I'm loving your stuff.



Thanks, MissKari. I think when you get closer, the violet/yellow color comp has more depth/balance. It's a small sample pic. For some reason, I'm more drawn to the violet/yellow on blue than the navy/orange on brown.

Your tiger and rabbit Chinese New Year is smashing. No need for suggestions. Looks fantasic already. All your stuff is great.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 583 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

JesseBYAH wrote:When I first saw this, I thought it was really cute but I didn't know exactly what was going on. After I read your description, I loved it even more, but I think the second pane needs to be a little clearer. It looks like he's just ramming his head into to board. If you had his head more upright, with his snout bumping into the board and his arm straining with the brush towards it, I think it would be a lot clearer.

Very cute concept and style, though!

I agree with this. Perhaps move the action lines to the brush so you can see that he's trying to paint but can't reach.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

sTyLeS


quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
lkackman wrote:

UPDATE... I think im done with the dragon and I started on the tiger. This is where I stop for the night. Maybe I can finish it tomorrow before noon.

Any thoughts or suggestions?



That's looking rocking now. Good job.
You have the dragon tail wrapping around to the other side, so maybe you could have a tiny bit of the tiger tail doing the same?

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
bassanimation wrote:Cute, Jasneko! I like the shade of purple and yellow you've chosen!

Thanks Bass


zosai


quality posts: 1 Private Messages zosai

hey, here's what I came up with. any suggestions?

Complimentary Colors (intentionally misspelled)


Bird Stache


Spiritgreen


quality posts: 217 Private Messages Spiritgreen

My finished "Ancestry" design:




Thanks again to SkekTek for the all clear.

---

Some really cool finished designs already! Big fan of omnitarian's tee.

BSWeber, kasey' and uniique looking ready to pwn. ^__^ And a whole lot more.

Glad you went ahead with your's midgerock!

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Spiritgreen wrote:


Thanks again to SkekTek for the all clear.



No problem. It came out nice! I was intending to send mine to woot eventually as a daily, but now I have the dilemma about what to do with mine. I'd try subbing it myself, but that would be d*ck-ish.

zosai


quality posts: 1 Private Messages zosai
odysseyroc wrote:Here's what I got



lots of great designs in here, but I'm looking forward to voting for this one especially

bsweber


quality posts: 1 Private Messages bsweber





jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

To anyone still watching... any color preference here Royal blue?
Baby blue with dark whale, baby blue with lighter blue. Thanks!

Unsettled


bsweber


quality posts: 1 Private Messages bsweber
jasneko wrote:To anyone still watching... any color preference here Royal blue?
Baby blue with dark whale, baby blue with lighter blue. Thanks!

Unsettled



I like the top one best.




moronbrigade


quality posts: 23 Private Messages moronbrigade
Spiritgreen wrote:My finished "Ancestry" design:




Thanks again to SkekTek for the all clear.

---

Some really cool finished designs already! Big fan of omnitarian's tee.

BSWeber, kasey' and uniique looking ready to pwn. ^__^ And a whole lot more.

Glad you went ahead with your's midgerock!



If this one wins I will make sure that I am first in line to buy it! Love both tron movies!

Seize the Opportunity.