kbloomq1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kbloomq1
bsweber wrote:

This is fantastic. I can't wait to vote for it.

uniique

quality posts: 2 Private Messages uniique
jasneko wrote:To anyone still watching... any color preference here Royal blue?
Baby blue with dark whale, baby blue with lighter blue. Thanks!

Unsettled

Whoa! That's tight! So nice. Looks like a walmazan, it's top notch. I like the top one. GMV!

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
bsweber wrote:I like the top one best.

ditto

also came up with another idea.
won't have it done today.
I am a fan of the show Glee. Yes, I'm a GleeK. well that got me remembering the monkey from Super Friends who was the pet of the Wonder Twins, Gleek.
Well as on Glee they do smash ups all the time my next idea will be Gleek dressed up as Mr Shue with his hand on his forehead in the form of the "L/loser" sign.... you get all that?
I'm excited about it and thinking a purple/yellow scheme.

bsweber

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bsweber
kbloomq1 wrote:This is fantastic. I can't wait to vote for it.

Thanks so much! It's up! Here's my detail:

omnitarian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages omnitarian

HalfWheat

quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat
uniique wrote:Here's what I've been tinkering with, trying to figure out the colors. Either shades of violet and yellow on royal blue, or shades of blue (navy) and orange on brown. Thoughts, anyone?

Any input is greatly appreciated. :D

Do you have more than two in colors, though? It looks like more than one blue, for sure...

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
uniique wrote:Whoa! That's tight! So nice. Looks like a walmazan, it's top notch. I like the top one. GMV!

Thanks so much!! :D (and thanks bsweber too). I was leaning towards the baby blue at the bottom because someone off-woot liked that one, but since you two both like the top one, maybe I'll go with that one.. still working on it now...

GSimmons01

quality posts: 3 Private Messages GSimmons01

Where do these shirts go when they don't win? Do you guys just edit them for another dirby and keep trying? I always love about six shirts, but only three can actually win. It's kind've like going to a strip club with only $150. But at least I know I might find a few of the strippers in the bursar's office. What happens to the awesome designs?

moronbrigade

quality posts: 23 Private Messages moronbrigade

Well I already voted for over half of the shirts entered. Voted for everyone in the fog except one. I guarantee that I will be walking away with at least two shirts form this derby!

Seize the Opportunity.

omnitarian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages omnitarian
GSimmons01 wrote:Where do these shirts go when they don't win? Do you guys just edit them for another dirby and keep trying? I always love about six shirts, but only three can actually win. It's kind've like going to a strip club with only $150. But at least I know I might find a few of the strippers in the bursar's office. What happens to the awesome designs?

Sometimes they get printed elsewhere, but all too often they end up going to shirt design heaven :[

lkackman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lkackman

UPDATE: This is where I am now, I have to add the tiger stripes and some minor details, but otherwise you get the gist. I wont have time to finish it tonight, not only is it new years eve, but also my birthday. So party on people, drive safe all you wooters!

Any thoughts or comments on color or changes?

jewelwing

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing

Maybe my monitor is messed up, but is anyone else noticing that there are a LOT of entries that didn't follow this rule: Your design MUST be comprised of ONE of the following color combinations: blue & orange, yellow & violet, or red & green.

I'm seeing a lot of turquoise and orange and a few blue and reds. I know we're allowed to use shades of a color, but once blue turns into turquoise it's now a tertiary color, isn't it? Technically it's not blue anymore.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
jewelwing wrote:Maybe my monitor is messed up, but is anyone else noticing that there are a LOT of entries that didn't follow this rule: Your design MUST be comprised of ONE of the following color combinations: blue & orange, yellow & violet, or red & green.

I'm seeing a lot of turquoise and orange and a few blue and reds. I know we're allowed to use shades of a color, but once blue turns into turquoise it's now a tertiary color, isn't it? Technically it's not blue anymore.

perhaps bluey is in the eye of the beholder.

Barc7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Barc7
kaseyfleming wrote:Thanks! I don't think I will be adding wings. It's a woman either fishing for or already accepting compliments for the complementary derby:P

Oh, good! While I might wear the woman, I wouldn't wear Tinkerbelle...

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
jewelwing wrote:Maybe my monitor is messed up, but is anyone else noticing that there are a LOT of entries that didn't follow this rule: Your design MUST be comprised of ONE of the following color combinations: blue & orange, yellow & violet, or red & green.

I'd argue a turquoise is still decidedly blue-ish. But blue and red is clearly off topic. And there are definitely questionable definitions of shades. Hopefully woot decides to make some decisions instead of just sitting back and taking it.

pg83161

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pg83161
bjanele wrote:Isn't it complementary colors?

Yup. They spelled it incorrectly.

jeleavitt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jeleavitt
jasneko wrote:To anyone still watching... any color preference here Royal blue?
Baby blue with dark whale, baby blue with lighter blue. Thanks!

Unsettled

The top one really "pops".

sefjwm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sefjwm

Ugh 2 dragons, yin yang, bunny, koi. Why can't we ever do something different?

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
sefjwm wrote:Ugh 2 dragons, yin yang, bunny, koi. Why can't we ever do something different?

The same reason you should never let someone deaf, like the staff of Pitchfork Media, judge music. If you have no competency to judge, yet you make up a huge chunk of voters, eventually everything ends up the same, and when something "different" does break through, usually the difference is it's so ugly and worthless that only that group could possibly see merit in it.

Democracy can only work if you have checks and balances in place to make sure the uninformed voting public cannot supersede the informed voting public. The rejectorator only does a menial cleaning of entrants. We need checks in place for the voters, as well. Or else, yes, all we will get is Flavor of the Month Pop and Generic Trash a Fetus Could Design

iffy525

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iffy525

Why is every good derby opportunity wasted...

pat8uo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pat8uo
sefjwm wrote:Ugh 2 dragons, yin yang, bunny, koi. Why can't we ever do something different?

This was same thing I was thinking. Aren't there enough dragons shirts in the world. Do you really need to get on shirt.woot to find a chinese dragon shirt? Maybe they will make a rule against asian style dragons. I mean it's cool if you're 12 or a wearer of Ed Hardy.

chennai8

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chennai8

Trees, birds, penguins, cityscapes, turtles, marios, starwars, food with faces - Woot artists pretty much covered everything in the universe, so...

neyfam2000 wrote:Woot!--going from "Deal-a-day" to "Site-a-day"