kittysoup

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kittysoup
ocg wrote:I really like your design, but I'm afraid you'll get rejected... I think you need to use blue and orange as the ink colors, since the rules say the shirt color doesn't count.

That's light blue, not white. So the ink is light blue and orange on really dark blue shirt. So unless they claim the blue ink is too light, it should count.

Anyway, I love it. The cuteness is giving me diabetes. ^_^

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: Shadow Fish

I like the goldfish

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh
Re: Head in the Clouds V2

I don't think this meets the derby criteria. Your sun is yellow, it needs to be orange.

morleyt2009

quality posts: 2 Private Messages morleyt2009
Re: Here a sheep, there a sheep......

I like these cute little sheep, but I wish there was just one big one or something. From a distance it looks like flower power all over the shirt.

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
sTyLeS wrote:Although why are you showing 5 color swatches in your comp image? Are those three blues the same, and those two oranges the same?

Yes I was afraid someone would ask that...there's only 2 colors. I just grabbed a swatch of dots from the shirt and thought it looked cool there. Thanks for letting me clear that up, I shoulda put that in my first post.

deboscio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deboscio

I don't like the beaks, otherwise I would have voted it...

uniique

quality posts: 2 Private Messages uniique
fishbiscuit5 wrote:uniique, I bought two of your shirts over at teefury today then checked out your website. You have some serious talent. Good luck with this design. I really hope it gets printed!

Wow! Would you believe I totally forgot it was going up today.. I was all zoned out watching the Doctor Who marathon. Thanks for reminding me, fishbiscuit. And thanks for the great comment and tee buy. Really zowied with all the great comments for this one on woot. Thanks! :D

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: safety first

I don't even need to say it. We all know.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

mindslashed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mindslashed
hashimotoyoshio wrote:I had a lot of fun making this. I wanted to create a little scene with a samurai and dragon in the dark with a small glow. It's all halftone shading. I think it turned out really well. Tell me what you think, what you like and don't like.

I think the important part is you had fun making it.

mindslashed

Re: The Demon Within

I can say, while i really did like the red one you submitted for the mid-century modern art derby, i like the purple one more! (maybe something to do with purple being my favorite color?)

mindslashed

Re: Instant Noodle Guardian

I really love the idea of this design! however for some reason the anatomy of the claw clutching the noodle cup bothers me...

DJTweekNYC

quality posts: 4 Private Messages DJTweekNYC
uniique wrote:Excellent character work and nicely roughed. Kingly cartoon expression :D GMV!

Thanks man! You did some killer work this week. Congrats on the TeeFury success and interview.

DJTweekNYC

Re: The Artist's Dilemma

I really like your style on this one. I admit, I don't exactly understand the concept but I like it. It's very retro and cool looking. Tight work man.

DJTweekNYC

Re: Time and Space

haha cool design man. I think your half-tone clock could be a little more obvious though as it could be easily missed. Any way, good work dude.

uniique

Re: Custom Devil

Nice filigree strokes and face work!

DJTweekNYC

fungusamongus wrote:So I made a number of "logistical" errors in my original submission, but it's a new year now so here's a cleaned up and proper version. Hope you enjoy!

Not another mountain submission! A couple of things, I hate you because you also did a mountain submission and yours is way cuter. I love the way you present your piece. I do agree though that your sun needs to be a little more yellow, but hey, see how this one goes as is you know?
Any way, great work, good art.

uniique

Re: 100 pt Buck

Mezmorizing colors and angles +1!

DJTweekNYC

kylemittskus wrote:I don't even need to say it. We all know.

HAHA! Nice dude.

DJTweekNYC

Re: Light On II

I'm glad you fixed the texture issue. This is a killer design. Your detail is really tight. Awesome dude. I'm totally buying one if it wins.

uniique

Re: BluBot

Excellent contrast, vibrant colors and adorable character +1!

DJTweekNYC

Re: The Fourth Horseman

Once again, your art is killer. Love this submission. Great work dude.

uniique

I like what you did with the halftoned clock arms. I haven't seen that in a drwho design before. Nice!

bsweber

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bsweber
Re: The Fourth Horseman

awesome character, love it! +1

humbert

quality posts: 0 Private Messages humbert

Thanks, guys. I'm just trying out t-design for the first time - I know I'm not exactly a contender yet!

The "spray" behind the clock-arms was supposed to be a star-field (time and space together) but I never did get it to work. It was originally going to be a bunch of stars and clocks behind the police box, but I couldn't come up with anything that worked, so I went with the star-field and clock-arms.

It still doesn't work, but I did what I could.

And uniique, unless I'm mistaken I believe I just bought one of your t-shirts today! (The subject matter is related...)

DJTweekNYC

Re: T-Rex Sword Fight

Well well, look at you about to enter the fog of war. Great work Todd, I really hope this one goes to print.

{{VOLMOD EDIT: YOUR OWN ADVERTISING LINKS BELONG IN YOUR SIGNATURE, NOT IN YOUR POSTS. GO TO "MY ACCOUNT" TO EDIT YOUR SIGNATURE.}}

sasham62

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sasham62
humbert wrote:Thanks, guys. I'm just trying out t-design for the first time - I know I'm not exactly a contender yet!

It looks good (may want to use a darker field for generating your halftones), but from what I've seen, Dr Who Tardis shirts almost always wind up rejected. We'll see, though.

sasham62

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sasham62
mindslashed wrote:I grew up in Colorado, right near Denver. I saw this and immediately knew it was the Rockies. Good job! I love it.

Thank you. I really love the Colorado Rockies, though I've only been there twice.

I kept thinking, "purple, purple, what's purple" because I love the color, and when I thought of the song, I had to do it.

theinfinityloop wrote:[edited]
I ended up doing a very similar design! I was going to see if you minded if I submitted it, but I think I'll just save it for another contest.

Sorry for the delay. As we've seen many times over the months, people do come up with similar ideas for the same derby. I appreciate your asking, but if you were really working on it before you saw this -- and I trust you *g* -- then it's your call whether you want to submit it.
You could also save it for a rainy day where it might fit another theme. That's certainly worked for me.
Either way, good luck --- to us both!

DJTweekNYC

Re: Just a parrot

Cool work. Tight line work on the head of the parrot.

kellyann214

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kellyann214

TARDIS! eep!
Wonderfully drawn. and I do get the whole time/space thing in the background although I wish it showed up more. Hope it doesnt get rejected.

DJTweekNYC

Re: Zombie Unicorn

Awesome artwork dude! I don't know if that's yellow or white though. That being said, I think this is a bad-ass design and I would rock this shirt any day of the week.

markhollenbeck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages markhollenbeck
Re: Just a parrot

I loved the thumbnail, but the bottom ruins it for me.

otherwise known as dottarts

markhollenbeck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages markhollenbeck
Re: Light On II

I like both of your entries a lot. How does on person do 2 opposite styles so well? Nice job.

otherwise known as dottarts

uniique

DJTweekNYC wrote:Well well, look at you about to enter the fog of war. Great work Todd, I really hope this one goes to print.

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=48581

Thanks, man Fingers crossed :p This is the closest I've ever come to the F O G

uniique

Re: safety first

Delightful style +1!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Dragons Blow

Highly stylish, Boots! The mirroring makes this all the more awesome.

mhmanos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mhmanos
Re: Ancient Chinese Fistbump

Ancient Chinese Fistbump, huh?

My shirtmaker. Some hot-shot.

uniique

Re: Jack in the Green (on creme)

Ah! I like this one. Nice colors together with the tee. Has a more whimsical feel on the lighter color.

kellyann214

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kellyann214
Re: Taking Flight

Still trying to make my art better, so any comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated! :D

uniique

Re: Taking Flight

Nicely iconic

ressamac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac
Re: Early Light

Go Andy!! All these months of doing a design daily have paid off. GMV and hoping for a print!