uniique

quality posts: 2 Private Messages uniique
Re: Rain day

Very cheerful and warm colors. Friendly comp. Nice!

uniique

Re: The Artist's Dilemma

Art, to infinity and beyond!
And that makes me think of Galaxy Quest :D
Kudos! Nice style

ressamac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac
Re: The Sun Sets on a Concrete Forest

This is gorgeous, odysseyroc! Am I correct in assuming there is a taco stand in one of these buildings? GMV.

uniique

Re: The Beautiful Heartbreaker

I really dig this concept with the thorn enshouded heart

uniique

Re: Something To Sing About

Makes me want to whistle ;D +1

insomniasah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages insomniasah

very nice :D

humbert

quality posts: 0 Private Messages humbert
Re: Time and Space

If it gets rejected, then it does. However, I did try to avoid any actual copyrighted material - no mention of Doctor Who, the word TARDIS, or even the "Police Public Call Box" lettering (which would have been outside the derby's rules anyway).

I do believe I'm well within the guidelines, but as there's no chance of the design winning, it will hardly be the end of the world if the Rejectionator strikes.

DJTweekNYC

quality posts: 4 Private Messages DJTweekNYC
Re: The Impossible Discovery of Fire

HAHA! This design actually made me LOL out loud. Great work. I really want this one. I'm rooting for you.

uniique

humbert wrote:And uniique, unless I'm mistaken I believe I just bought one of your t-shirts today! (The subject matter is related...)

Yah! Thanks for buying one. :D Artists get $1 per tee sold. Every little bit counts. I actually totally forgot about the Dr.Who tee being scheduled on TeeFury today until just this afternoon. Wasn't until I saw a comment like yours here on woot. lol

DJTweekNYC

Re: Instant Noodle Guardian

Sweet design dude. Tight lines and great half-tone work.

DJTweekNYC

Re: Custom Devil

Tight vector work. I think this is fantastic. Very biker tattoo. Excellent work.

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
Re: A Little Perspective V2

this would look a hole lot better if it was on a neutral color like black white or gray....i personally would have liked it on the asphalt color.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages odysseyroc
ressamac wrote:This is gorgeous, odysseyroc! Am I correct in assuming there is a taco stand in one of these buildings? GMV.

One of the buildings? How about a taco stand in each building?!?

uniique

artulo wrote:I like the goldfish

I 2nd that. The markings on the fish are both striking and somehow fitting for a goldfish. A cool goldfish. ;D

uniique

Re: What's this?

I love how they're all so intent on that flower.

uniique

Re: Yellow Moon

Amazingly realistic lighthouse with just one color for it

uniique

topfrog56 wrote:Possibly a substance-enhanced snowflake ------- nothing that nature has ever produced, but fun to look at!

I dunno, nature has produced some fractalishious stuff.. I wouldn't be surprised if this very design existed in flora-form on a distant planet.
Good work!

lalouque

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lalouque
Re: Tour de 1800's

I think he needs to work on his TT position on the bike. ;-)

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Double Dragon Instant Noodles

Added another dragon and some extra details.
Violet and yellow on navy.

fungusamongus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fungusamongus

[quote postid="4296196" user="DJTweekNYC"]Not another mountain submission! A couple of things, I hate you because you also did a mountain submission and yours is way cuter. I love the way you present your piece. I do agree though that your sun needs to be a little more yellow, but hey, see how this one goes as is you know?
Any way, great work, good art.

Ack! I didn't realize another mountain work was here, and so kingly! Everything has been crazy what with the New Years to the point that I'm apparently having great difficulty telling colors apart. Thanks for the compliment and best of luck to your majestic mountain piece!

celia1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages celia1
Re: Custom Devil

GREAT DESIGN, REALLY ROCKIN', DON'T KNOW WHY IT DOESN'T HAVE MORE VOTES
GOOD LUCK 2 U

lkackman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lkackman
Re: Complementary Mobius

"Complementary Möbius"

Two colors on navy. (obvious, i know)
631c & 7413c

I truly enjoyed working on this piece, and I thank those who gave feedback in the forums. I hope you enjoy it.

Comments are always welcome! Cheers

hashimotoyoshio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hashimotoyoshio
Re: The Sun Sets on a Concrete Forest

Hey man, I gotta ask. You're clouds are beautiful. I can tell they are in halftones, (which they have to be) I've been struggling on making half tone shading like that. How does one accomplish it? Please .. o please. (avec le cherri)

odysseyroc

hashimotoyoshio wrote:Hey man, I gotta ask. You're clouds are beautiful. I can tell they are in halftones, (which they have to be) I've been struggling on making half tone shading like that. How does one accomplish it? Please .. o please. (avec le cherri)

Are you asking how to become awesome like me, or do you just want to know how to make the halftones after you already have the art done?

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea
Re: safety first

Someone's been watching a lot of Phineas and Ferb recently.

DJTweekNYC

Re: Tiger, Tiger

Cutest Tiger EVER!

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
Re: Complementary Mobius

I've been waiting for you to post this one.
GMV

briacha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages briacha
Re: The Fourth Horseman

Awesome work!

sTyLeS

Re: Colorful Infidelity

Looks like you have way more than the allowed 2 colors.

sTyLeS

Re: Pinup in space

You have more than two colors, and your thumbnail doesn't match your comp.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

kylemittskus wrote:I don't even need to say it. We all know.

Oh, yes. Yes, indeed. But Imma swoon all over it, anyway.

*swoons away*

hashimotoyoshio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hashimotoyoshio
odysseyroc wrote:Are you asking how to become awesome like me, or do you just want to know how to make the halftones after you already have the art done?

Please, I don't need to be like you. I'm awesome in my own right. Just wondering the photoshop technique used to blend colors with halftones. I can do the rest. So yes, heheh, the halftones portion. Currently I'm able to create images like this, http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=48622 but the glow was accomplished by masking off the areas with the quick mask and then halftoning the quick mask so that I could erase the blue and add the orange on another layer. Gotta be a better way, since I wanted the line art to show throw both colors.
the layer option of multiply blends the colors as well as letting the black come through. So, there is some sort of technique I don't know yet. Care to let me know a little process? Thanks by the way.

lucky1988

Re: Instant Noodle Guardian

Thanks everyone!

lucky1988

Re: Barney-volution

Thanks mindputtee, Spiritgreen and fishbiscuit5!

albinoapple

quality posts: 2 Private Messages albinoapple
jmmbell1987 wrote:Seriously. C'mon, Patrick. This reached into the tackiness grab bag with a hand covered in honey. Superfluous glow? Check. Doubly superfluous fog? Check. Skulls? Check.

Never mind the Yin Yang, which, on t-shirts, usually comes off as a rich man's Ed Hardy.

Agreed, not to mention the iffy cultural appropriation.

odysseyroc

hashimotoyoshio wrote:Please, I don't need to be like you. I'm awesome in my own right. Just wondering the photoshop technique used to blend colors with halftones. I can do the rest. So yes, heheh, the halftones portion. Currently I'm able to create images like this, http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=48622 but the glow was accomplished by masking off the areas with the quick mask and then halftoning the quick mask so that I could erase the blue and add the orange on another layer. Gotta be a better way, since I wanted the line art to show throw both colors.
the layer option of multiply blends the colors as well as letting the black come through. So, there is some sort of technique I don't know yet. Care to let me know a little process? Thanks by the way.

When you are creating this stuff, it's important to not use any of those layer optioins like screen, multiply, etc. Use as many layers as you want, but they need to be at 100% opacity, and everything including your tools need to be set to "normal". If you have a blue background and fill with 50% of the color that's fine, but you can't fill with the bucket set to screen or multiply. so go nuts with the rendering, but be sure that you don't use more than one color on a layer, then make your halftones at the end

Here is a video I made a while black showing how to make halftones.

JRWorkshop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JRWorkshop

Amazing artwork Lucky!

avhienda01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages avhienda01

Spot saved for close ups
Happy New Year everyone!

lucky1988

JRWorkshop wrote:Amazing artwork Lucky!

Thanks JRWorkshop

lucky1988