teacookie

quality posts: 4 Private Messages teacookie
pastorroy wrote:Ufos and Robots on Brown

ummm no see anything

kevlar51

quality posts: 42 Private Messages kevlar51
AdderXYU wrote:Great choice of shades. I actually really like how the kneeling guy looks like a hologram.

Thanks Adder--
He's supposed to be a ghost, but I'm not sure how well that comes through.

manikx66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages manikx66
sneezycop wrote:I like the idea but did you use 3 colors? What is that on the head of the orca?

halftone and the thing on the killer whale is a symbol used in anime to show anger or frustration

nblottie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie
Re: Bound by Birth

I like it! Honest Abe kicking ass is always welcome on a t-shirt.

jxchen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jxchen
Re: Finding popularity

This is a great design. Very nice use of the complimentary colors.

jxchen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jxchen
Re: Little Red Riding Bug

This is an amazing piece. I love the concept and shading in this design. Hope it makes the top three.

mrsruvi

quality posts: 7 Private Messages mrsruvi
Re: Green means fly

+1 for my two year old who said "mommy click the egg. i want that egg. oh! balloon! i want that balloon mommy! and that... whats that?" she now knows what a kite is.

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
psbaucom wrote:It's all blue and orange hues and shades. I thought that was allowed???

I think you misinterpreted. One shade of blue, one shade of orange. Maybe take a look at the shirts in the fog.

bassanimation

quality posts: 97 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Complementary Mobius

Awesome design, looks like a sports team shirt graphic! Very very cool!

Misskari

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Misskari
hashimotoyoshio wrote:I like it. Good concept. There is but one thing that bugs me a little. I have crazy attention to detail and the tigers fist seems to be like a mitten. The line that curves up into the palm makes the hand seem all floppy. The dragon doesn't do that, but it's thumb is facing you so you drew it differently. Other than that small critique it's great!

Thanks, man! Lemme tell you what I was thinking on the tiger's hand: paws are kinda these huge floppy things without much dexterity, so I stayed true to that. Dragons basically have people-hands, so I just my own hand as a reference.

This guy couldn't make much of a fist, but he could probably wear mittens.

humbert

quality posts: 0 Private Messages humbert

I didn't set out to "sell" anyone's trademarks. Of the five or so designs I was inspired to try for this derby - the first tee-shirt designing I have ever attempted - this is the only one that approached anyone else's proprietorial imagery. It's also the only one that even slightly worked... (Way down there in the voting you can spot a second failed sub of mine with purple-and-yellow trains.)

Basically I just thought the police box would look good in blue-and-orange. I certainly haven't continually submitted pop designs (though I did think of one more police box design last night!) nor do I intend to do so again unless there's a really great concept.

I may not even submit another design again - this isn't really my thing - but when I do it won't be about trying to sell someone else's trademarks, or even my own. I don't expect to ever get any money from this gig - I just liked the challenge of trying to put together something to the specifications of this derby.

And it was fun.

Thanks everybody!

BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: Inkness

This is awesome. I love the style, and the bizzaro concept is really great too. It might be my favorite in the derby.

fabiofranca

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fabiofranca
Re: Skull lines

Blue and orange on a Navy t-shirt.

uniique

quality posts: 2 Private Messages uniique
Re: Skull lines

Nice icon skull. I like designs that boil down to the best basic ingredients

Bexoxo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bexoxo
Re: Time and Space

There needs to be more Doctor Who shirts/designs. The first shirt woot i bought was "It Came Out Of Nowhere." I buy this shirt without a doubt. love it.

~Bex

uniique

sneezycop wrote:I like the idea but did you use 3 colors? What is that on the head of the orca?

Right, manikx66 did a good job of using halftone to represent a darker shade of yellow

uniique

Re: The Sea Serpent

perfect colors on brown. not too overbright. nice and subtle. Liking the combo of serpent and sea... :D

moonwick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moonwick
melquam wrote:Once upon a time, there was a yellow moon. The yellow moon was friends with the lighthouse. One day the yellow moon said to the lighthouse, "Hi, Lighthouse!"

The lighthouse said, "Hi, Yellow Moon!"

The End.

I love this...

uniique

Re: Worth two...in the savanna?

Welcome to the derby, penichillin!
I wouldn't mind a closer look at the design, maybe zoom in on the art & add a small tee presentation on the side. Good work tho!

uniique

Re: Bright Idea

Clever juxtaposition! +1gmv!

fabiofranca

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fabiofranca
Re: Abstraction

Yellow and violet on a cranberry t-shirt.

uniique

Re: Just a parrot

Yar! +1 for the pirate parrot. love it. 2nd the lower portion as a divergence from the top. really like the top tho, so +1gmv :p

chellopuddin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chellopuddin

For those who might be too young to know, that is Charles Darwin and Abe Lincoln depicted on the t-shirt. Both were born on the say day and same year on February 12th 1809.

Awesome shirt. I voted!

polluxoil

quality posts: 33 Private Messages polluxoil
Re: The Sun Sets on a Concrete Forest

This is beautiful. I want a print of this on my wall, not just on a t-shirt.

lkackman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lkackman
Re: The Fourth Horseman

Great looking death. Although, I don't know how scared I would be to die, if that's how cute death is....

polluxoil

quality posts: 33 Private Messages polluxoil
Re: T-Rex Sword Fight

I like the subtle use of orange in this one, so much that it's almost a one-color shirt. Great stuff.

manikx66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages manikx66
uniique wrote:Right, manikx66 did a good job of using halftone to represent a darker shade of yellow

thank you

LuminousMuse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LuminousMuse

The Doctor was right, bow ties ARE cool!

avhienda01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages avhienda01
Re: The Sun Sets on a Concrete Forest

That sky is amazing. The colors work perfect for this.

avhienda01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages avhienda01
Re: Little Red Riding Bug

Amazing illustration - I love how you curved the leaf into the wolf's head. The texture is awesome too I don't know if I'd wear it, but you've got my vote anyway for the illustration itself.

riddley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages riddley
Re: The Blue Dress

I'm not sure I'd wear this shirt, but can I get her phone number?

melquam

quality posts: 1 Private Messages melquam
moonwick wrote:I love this...

Thanks everyone for the nice comments and votes.

melquam

Re: Complementary Mobius

+1

I really like it... but I'd like to see the dragons hands. He kinda looks like Monorail Dragon.

melquam

Re: A rhapsody in blue city...

I really like this shirt.

the2bears

quality posts: 0 Private Messages the2bears
Re: T-Rex Sword Fight

Great design, but am I missing the use of complimentary colours? Just asking, I skipped over the rules fairly quickly. Might need some orange...

Bill

melquam

Re: Sporks Lucky DNA 2: the Quickening

One of my favorites this week. It would be great even without the parents; just the three "sporks"

melquam

Re: Inkness

Why this doesn't have more votes, I don't know.

melquam

Re: Ancient Chinese Fistbump

I like how you matched the shapes of the dragon and the tiger but stayed true to the tiger's anatomy. Really nice shirt.

melquam

Re: Dragons Blow

I don't think your mid-century art dragon (I mean duck) got enough votes. Maybe this dragon will get it done. Good luck!

walmazan

quality posts: 58 Private Messages walmazan
Re: The Fourth Horseman

Thanks guys for all the comments so far!