paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: what, me pander?

But, but.... No one is commenting on the SHIRT!
Yes, yes, I know - a sarcastic joke. But really, this is beautiful! I can totally ignore the fact that you did this with tongue in cheek and enjoy. I still can't fathom why your wonderfully lighted stuff doesn't grab more votes.

paigeg

Re: Nere D'gre

Mine.

paigeg

Re: Balance

I like tha patrick tries new styles - this reminds me of kharmazero's stuff.
I do not like that patrick uses so many stock brushes/cliparts.
Overall, his designs are appealing. Patrick, take my comments as constructive. Thx.

paigeg

Re: The Fourth Horseman

Wences, this so cute, and actually could break the heather gray taboo.
I would SO love to see an involved, bitchin' Dia de los Muertos shirt from you.

paigeg

odysseyroc wrote:First thing you should do is scan your art as bitmap instead of greyscale. Then you can just select the black and make a layer via copy. If you insist on scanning in greyscale, then you'll have to threshold the art to get rid of any antialiasing.

>joins in the genuflecting<
Dadburn, THAT was a little detail I was missing! SO glad I checked this out.
Oh yeah - nice picture.
NOT! I gotta add that this rocks SO hard. The light on the 'pander' sub is awesome. This, though, is almost metallic on my screen. I know it won't do that on a shirt, but it will still look fabulous.

paigeg

odysseyroc wrote:

Added my vote, hoping to help re-fog this.

paigeg

Re: Little Lion Man

Not a clue who Mumford and Sons are - probably not my genre. But without any reference or history to it, this design still rocks. I can imagine a number of different inspirations that fit. But even without that, it's beautiful, whimsical... The detailing in that background is just wonderful.

paigeg

Re: Zombie Unicorn

Oh, crap, I need two of these. No, three! I want one for me, plus one for my unicorn fan, and my zombie fan. And both appreciate the others' obsession, so they could both wear them to work. Oh, that would be TOO funny.

paigeg

paigeg wrote:Oh, crap, I need two of these. No, three! I want one for me, plus one for my unicorn fan, and my zombie fan. And both appreciate the others' obsession, so they could both wear them to work. Oh, that would be TOO funny.

Wait, got carried away there, because this really is too spot-on for a couple of friends. But is that color really considered yellow?

psbaucom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages psbaucom

This is my first submission. I'm not very good at designing, but I'm practicing. I got the idea and thought I would give it a shot.

Any suggestions on where online I could go to learn design better?

Thanks!

Phil Baucom

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
uniique wrote:It moves when I look at it. coolness! Sweet avian abstract GMV

Same here. It has the clean, wavy flow to it. Very enjoyable!

austin5454

quality posts: 1 Private Messages austin5454
Re: Complimentary Earth

It is my unbiased opinion that this shirt should have received far more votes by now. In fact, it should have received ? votes!

chumpmagic

Re: The Sun Sets on a Concrete Forest

It seems like you already notice this, but it looks like you have found your calling here. I have always liked your characters, yet it seems your pure environment designs please the masses. Keep it up, and you be a shoo-in it seems!

Very awesome design!

mqzoeller

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mqzoeller
Re: Making Happy

This design is awesome. It's way to good to be voted into the fog though - take that as a compliment (unless you're woot, then take it as an insult).
You should do band t-shirts.

chumpmagic

Re: Balance

This is pretty darn cool. I love it when PS avoids "cute/playful" and goes for something that is just simplify beautiful! It always pleases and appeals to me.

Great work!

chumpmagic

Re: Dragons Blow

Top notch!

So simple yet so complex at the same time... very elegant and gorgeous. Great work!

marnelra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marnelra
Re: A rhapsody in blue city...

Thanks, its always great to hear when people like your design. I can see where you would get the Halloween design, maybe this one will be worth a resub closer to then

marnelra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marnelra
kellyann214 wrote:i love the almost 2 different styles to this. and the background looks really quite subtle. well done. gmv.

Thanks for the support!

chumpmagic

Re: Vinyl

The pun is too subtle for me, but I really don't care. The design stands alone as true, pleasing beauty to me. That's usually all I ask for out of art

chumpmagic

Re: TV Wonderland

Would have loved this in an orange and blue (that just a personal preference), but I can't ignore this design's awesomeness. You still got my vote

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
paigeg wrote:I like tha patrick tries new styles - this reminds me of kharmazero's stuff.
I do not like that patrick uses so many stock brushes/cliparts.
Overall, his designs are appealing. Patrick, take my comments as constructive. Thx.

I actually don't think these are stock brushes. If you look closely you can see the slight wobble of the lines. Photoshop doesn't smooth it's brushes very well, so hand drawn things tend to have a tell-tale 'wobble' if you look closely. I wish they would fix that business, it is so frustrating.

chumpmagic

Re: Orange Gina 2

Great concept and great style. I love it. I don't mind the "only character" designs, but I bet if you added and a environment, even if really subtle, you would have probably pulled in some more votes. Preferably a environment/setting that played off the pun a bit more.

Anyhoo, I still really like it as is!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Llama llama llama duck

Based on the eponymous song of the same name. And just about as serious as the song too.

swammi1203

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swammi1203
Re: Vinyl

I think I always click on your subs just to read your sarcastic comment.

megbo84

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megbo84
Re: Zombie Unicorn

Two great things combined =)

~*VOTE*~

Chaosegg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chaosegg

Love the idea, but could the little circle bits inside each yin/yang be of the opposite color perhaps?

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15
Re: Dragons Blow

Wow, Boots... not a fan of your work as a rule, but this! This is astounding. You couldn't have picked better colors, or better animals for such an intense design! I will gladly lay down my 10 when this goes up for sale next weekend.

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15
Re: Kind of a bird thingy

I think this should be more popular, if only for the sick name.

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

spanchenblow

quality posts: 10 Private Messages spanchenblow

Now I'm gonna have nightmares. That is one freaky bunny...creature.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages odysseyroc
spanchenblow wrote:Now I'm gonna have nightmares. That is one freaky bunny...creature.

I call it an amorphous bunny thing

pwned200

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pwned200

will defiantly buy if it gets printed

nblottie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie
paigeg wrote:Wait, got carried away there, because this really is too spot-on for a couple of friends. But is that color really considered yellow?

Thanks! We'll see how it all plays out. I'm pretty sure that's yellow, at least Photoshop thinks so.

manikx66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages manikx66
Re: Yin Yang YOUCH!!!

I have to say I am really surprised you do not have more votes on this

nblottie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie
megbo84 wrote:Two great things combined =)

I have to admit, I like Unicorns and Zombies a hell of lot more than peas, but all joking aside, thanks!

hashimotoyoshio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hashimotoyoshio
manikx66 wrote:I have to say I am really surprised you do not have more votes on this

Really? I was kinda thinking that too. I've learned a few tricks since I made it, I'll rework some of the coloring and use it again sometime. Perhaps the color shading for the glow isn't to some peoples liking. Or that they don't click on it because the thumbnail doesn't draw them in... But thanx for the compliment! I needs them, they sustain me.

celia1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages celia1

Superb! Amazing what can be done with 2 ink colors. I was hoping for more like this in this derby

mindputtee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mindputtee
Re: Llama llama llama duck

Clever, but it really bothers me that the duck is in a very different style than the llama.

chumpmagic

Re: CHEESENRICE

I may be missing something, but to me, cheese and rice was always a cheap way to get a decent amount of protein in my diet. I wish I had this shirt back in my ski bum days... along with a shirt with a sack of potatoes

Wonderful work. I really enjoy the expressions.

kingmilk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kingmilk

odysseyroc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages odysseyroc
chumpmagic wrote:It seems like you already notice this, but it looks like you have found your calling here. I have always liked your characters, yet it seems your pure environment designs please the masses. Keep it up, and you be a shoo-in it seems!

Very awesome design!

Funny thing is, I started doing these designs because I'm not real comfortable drawing environments. I figure I'll move away from my comfort zone for a while then see if I can bring everything together when I feel like I've reached at some level of proficiency. Expect to see more designs like this from me for a while.