kschenke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kschenke

I really like it with just the windmills.

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
chumpmagic wrote:I may be missing something, but to me, cheese and rice was always a cheap way to get a decent amount of protein in my diet. I wish I had this shirt back in my ski bum days... along with a shirt with a sack of potatoes

Wonderful work. I really enjoy the expressions.

in some circles "cheese and rice" is a euphemism instead of saying "Jesus Christ"

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Re: Complementary Mobius

I like it a lot. The character and concept is great! you have my vote.

I do feel the need to mention that the immediate cutoffs in your halftones are a bit awkward. The piece is still extremely awesome and that issue would only effect the pickiest of people (like me!) I actually didn't even notice it the first time.

Still awesome, great work!!!!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
mindputtee wrote:Clever, but it really bothers me that the duck is in a very different style than the llama.

Thanks! I dunno about the styles- I thought it was pretty much equal in the line art aspect since I drew them to be equal. Of course, the duck has to stand out more than just the color in my mind.

redaxelrod

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redaxelrod
Re: You Are What You Eat

I love this design even though I have an odd fear of earthworms (no, I'm not kidding). Great job!

redaxelrod

Interesting design, but odd placement on the shirt.

manikx66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages manikx66
kellyann214 wrote:super precious. love the use of halftone for a darker yellow. clever. gmv.

Thanks!

redaxelrod

Love this one

mindputtee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mindputtee

Get... in... to... the... fog! I want to buy you!

mindputtee

psbaucom wrote:This is my first submission. I'm not very good at designing, but I'm practicing. I got the idea and thought I would give it a shot.

Any suggestions on where online I could go to learn design better?

Thanks!

Really,I'd say it's just a lot of looking at what works and what doesn't. Practice drawing and observe which shirts are in the fog and figure out what about them makes them appealing. Keep at it though!

redaxelrod

Re: Zombie Unicorn

Love love LOVE this, but I'd like to see it without the skull behind the awesome zombie unicorn.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages odysseyroc
Re: The Sun Sets on a Concrete Forest

For those of you who miss my taco designs...Here's my newest obsession, fluffernutter burritos or flufferitos.

To make one, you'll need a flour tortilla, marshmallow creme, peanut butter and (optionally) fruit spread. Just spread everything on the tortilla in the order I listed everything and roll that bad boy up, pinwheel style.

Lagbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert
michaelevans wrote:It's not super-saturated, but to my understanding, this brown is a shade of orange. I guess Woot will make the call. I couldn't bring myself to use anything brighter.

You are correct - brown is a shade of orange, alas woot is obviously using a narrower definition of the color.

elnumbre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elnumbre
Re: Ink-topus

awesome, want one!

redaxelrod

zeckundead wrote:Even if this doesn't win anything i would submit it to mumford and sons as a band shirt

I agree! I don't like the Mumford and Sons shirts on their store now. I would totally buy this one!

odysseyroc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages odysseyroc
Lagbert wrote:You are correct - brown is a shade of orange, alas woot is obviously using a narrower definition of the color.

It's been a while since I've mixed any pigments, but I'm sure that brown would be orange mixed with blue or any other color mixed with it's complement. So an orangey brown wouldn't amount to "orange".

krylon80

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krylon80

smacks of Watterson. an influence?

ajoustra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ajoustra
Re: The Tea Shirt

WANT

uniique

quality posts: 2 Private Messages uniique
celia1 wrote:Superb! Amazing what can be done with 2 ink colors. I was hoping for more like this in this derby

I know! You have to think about it to realize it's only 2 colors. Really loving subs & how they achieve this. Really nice job here too. Halftone lighting is really remarkable.

Also thanks for the bicubic tip!

uniique

Re: Greed - ''Mine, mine, all mine!''

rofl! never expected the inside joke
very funny :P

uniique

Re: Llama llama llama duck

llama llama duck, I hadn't heard that song. Makes me think duck duck goose. Is it too late to make a duck duck goose? Already got the duck!
either way, nicely iconic design

uniique

Re: faceplant

facebook, no face plant heh
happy to say I never bit dirt like that in my skate years (skateboard)

uniique

Re: RGB FANTASY

Welcome to the crazy derby, dalekempress. awesome username, btw. big dr.who fan here, btw. I recognize this tee right off. it's the darlek tri-dimensional astrocommune signal, a coiling particle-wave that collides with recepient antennae like droplets, right?
gmv!;D

uniique

kellyann214 wrote:Thank you very much (: at least... I think I should take that as a compliment... We'll go with yes

yes, go with yes :D
I think iconic beat heavy details in the long run. i'd love to have a distinct style like walmazan

uniique

Re: Nere D'gre

additional thought..i think it's a rare tee that looks diabolical (guessing that was your goal with the horned look) on a 'save the earth' gentle giant green. i think it works well together

uniique

Re: A rhapsody in blue city...

makes me think of samurai jack, my current fav animated show. would've belonged well in the mid-century modern derby. totally invokes that era.
nice job! gmv+1

uniique

krylon80 wrote:smacks of Watterson. an influence?

watterson, of calvin and hobbes? didn't recoginze the name, had to look it up just now. not really an influence, but certainly love calvin & hobbes. :D

marzipanapple wrote:That's some crazy good anatomy you've got going on here. I'm not big on t-rex's with swords, but I have to give props on the clean execution!

thanks marzipanapple! really love your work. especially 'blue green' (going back a few derbies) the dripping green from her mouth is way cool. and 'Pride - Forest Princess Syndrome'. very nice. found them when i found shirtwhat.com

Leahbh wrote:I'm sorry I missed that shirt

sorry you missed it leahbh! i plan on printing it from my own small website. if you like, feel free to friend me on facebook.com/tod.etc and i'll post when it goes up

gimmethatplz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gimmethatplz
Re: T-Rex Sword Fight

This will make a very interesting shirt!

quark613

quality posts: 11 Private Messages quark613
kingmilk wrote:Oh well.

This is actually very clever. I think people don't realize it from the thumbnail.

kingmilk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kingmilk
quark613 wrote:This is actually very clever. I think people don't realize it from the thumbnail.

Thank you

gimmethatplz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gimmethatplz
Re: Winter Eclipse

Very nice, subtle and soft.

uniique

fungusamongus wrote:Wow this one found some legs! Thanks for the comment Draug, I'm glad that people like a little simplicity and a play on words.

legs? this tee's got wings! you should rename it Terminator. it's unstoppable. or Juggernaut. or Rocket. straight to the top. just pls don't kill my dinos...lol

spilzer

quality posts: 119 Private Messages spilzer
Re: Dragons Blow

Umm, I kind of hate to bring this up because this is a beautiful piece and in general I'm a big fan of yours, Boots..but, doesn't this design use more than the allowed 2 ink colors?

mindputtee

Thanks guys! I wanted to go for something that would be complementary colors without being in your face about it, complementary colors generally have a very striking appearance, but that can make a shirt unwearable if not done right.

mindputtee

Re: In With the New

Very pretty, and the tiger is giving me a real nostalgia vibe, it reminds me of the tiger in Aladdin. Something about the expression on its face just brings that back.

+1

mindputtee

Re: Shadow Fish

This is really nice, but I think the whale's spout detracts from the design. It doesn't seem to quite fit, and I think it would work without it.

lkackman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lkackman
chumpmagic wrote:I like it a lot. The character and concept is great! you have my vote.

I do feel the need to mention that the immediate cutoffs in your halftones are a bit awkward. The piece is still extremely awesome and that issue would only effect the pickiest of people (like me!) I actually didn't even notice it the first time.

Still awesome, great work!!!!

Agreed, The halftones do look a bit wonky in my comp. Since I work in illustrator, its hard to find the right settings between "color halftone" and the use of live trace to make them vector shapes. I haven't stumbled across that magical combination yet, but some day I will.

As requested by woot, I did leave my final art as gradients for them to make the halftones.

uneiden

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uneiden
Re: Scoot Scoot Squid

This is the best thing I have ever seen. :|

mindputtee

dalekempress wrote:This is my first try at a derby, so I stuck with something simple and wearable.
Any advice for those of us stuck with an old school mouse would be appreciated.

Very cool, I also gotta chime in and say, I love your screen name. I managed to watch an entire season of Doctor Who in 4 days... resulted in lots of dreams with the Doctor in them. Not that I'm complaining or anything ;-)

I like how this design looks, it manages to stand on its own without knowing the reference to the show and just look cool.

I don't know what advice I can give you about using an old school mouse, but I'd definitely suggest saving up and buying a tablet. It's totally worth it and makes designing/making art on the computer more fun and much simpler. Until then, drawing and inking designs on paper, then scanning them allows you to get crisp line art in. Mess around with it in photoshop or gimp and up the contrast can give you good line art. Coloring is easier with a mouse than line art because you can do fills which will help.

Kowulz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Kowulz
Re: Commuter Bikes

See the crisp picture here and please give me your vote!

Rock Cowles
Kowulz.com