hashimotoyoshio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hashimotoyoshio
bsweber wrote:You are correct in that the two ink colors need to complement each other. The two ink colors in this design are green and red, not sure if it's appearing black-ish on your monitor.

Unfortunately he is right. This is on a green tshirt. The colors the will be printed on the shirt is black and red. Many other shirts got rejected because of the shirt being one of the two colors and not the two colors that will be printed. I don't know how consistent woot is going to be when bad tshirt designs get rejected for this rule, but this awesome design is being overlooked... That's quite ok by me, I think you did a great job and it deserves to be left in the derby. (mostly because I disagree with the required two colors SEPARATE from the tshirt color.) As long as both complimentary colors are present and the shirt mainly consists of it, I think it fits in the theme.

hashimotoyoshio

odysseyroc wrote:For those of you who miss my taco designs...Here's my newest obsession, fluffernutter burritos or flufferitos.

To make one, you'll need a flour tortilla, marshmallow creme, peanut butter and (optionally) fruit spread. Just spread everything on the tortilla in the order I listed everything and roll that bad boy up, pinwheel style.

and the crowd goes silent...

manikx66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages manikx66
hashimotoyoshio wrote:Really? I was kinda thinking that too. I've learned a few tricks since I made it, I'll rework some of the coloring and use it again sometime. Perhaps the color shading for the glow isn't to some peoples liking. Or that they don't click on it because the thumbnail doesn't draw them in... But thanx for the compliment! I needs them, they sustain me.

hashimotoyoshio wrote:Really? I was kinda thinking that too. I've learned a few tricks since I made it, I'll rework some of the coloring and use it again sometime. Perhaps the color shading for the glow isn't to some peoples liking. Or that they don't click on it because the thumbnail doesn't draw them in... But thanx for the compliment! I needs them, they sustain me.

haha i know the feeling i usually do something pretty basic because of time restrictions to work on things. but when i come up with what i think is a good idea and no one votes on it its a real bummer. its good work keep it up. My only suggestion to improve this one would be to lighten the blue up a shade or two. i think people might just be afraid that it will be to dark to see on a black shirt. besides tht i dont think anything else needs to be worked on

fabiofranca

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fabiofranca
Re: Sporks Lucky DNA 2: the Quickening

This t-shirt is great. Don't know why it did not print on any tee site. Specially on threadless. The colors here are awesome too. A bit smaller on the placement would be fine. This would be great on kids size tee and hoodie.

Hope you can spread it one day.

hashimotoyoshio

manikx66 wrote:haha i know the feeling i usually do something pretty basic because of time restrictions to work on things. but when i come up with what i think is a good idea and no one votes on it its a real bummer. its good work keep it up. My only suggestion to improve this one would be to lighten the blue up a shade or two. i think people might just be afraid that it will be to dark to see on a black shirt. besides tht i dont think anything else needs to be worked on

thanks man. I'll see about doing that when I retouch it up. It'll be super easy, the blue is on one layer as a solid fill...

ocg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ocg
kittysoup wrote:That's light blue, not white. So the ink is light blue and orange on really dark blue shirt. So unless they claim the blue ink is too light, it should count.

Anyway, I love it. The cuteness is giving me diabetes. ^_^

Ahh, ok... sorry, thought it was white. Cool

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
hashimotoyoshio wrote:Unfortunately he is right. This is on a green tshirt. The colors the will be printed on the shirt is black and red. Many other shirts got rejected because of the shirt being one of the two colors and not the two colors that will be printed. I don't know how consistent woot is going to be when bad tshirt designs get rejected for this rule, but this awesome design is being overlooked... That's quite ok by me, I think you did a great job and it deserves to be left in the derby. (mostly because I disagree with the required two colors SEPARATE from the tshirt color.) As long as both complimentary colors are present and the shirt mainly consists of it, I think it fits in the theme.

If you read more closely, the artist says the dark ink color is green, not black. It's just a very dark green on a grass shirt.
And, I would have loved to see how this was done - looks like layers of effort that would have been so interesting. And the payoff is golden. Wonderful, wonderful design.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
odysseyroc wrote:For those of you who miss my taco designs...Here's my newest obsession, fluffernutter burritos or flufferitos.

To make one, you'll need a flour tortilla, marshmallow creme, peanut butter and (optionally) fruit spread. Just spread everything on the tortilla in the order I listed everything and roll that bad boy up, pinwheel style.

You bring a taco truck around my neighborhood selling these, and I'm in.

nblottie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie
redaxelrod wrote:Love love LOVE this, but I'd like to see it without the skull behind the awesome zombie unicorn.

Well, it doesn't look like I'm taking this one, so it'll probably get recycled into something else, and there's a good chance I'll mod it and remove the skull. I'm glad you love it so much though, that's awesome!

iamjacksego

quality posts: 2 Private Messages iamjacksego
Re: Atomic Density (Resub)

man, this is an outstanding design, I haven't seen one I liked this much in a while. It's so simple, but it's still complex. Really digging this, hope you crack the fog.

Kowulz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Kowulz
Re: Barney-volution

Worthy, except for having Barney on it!

Rock Cowles
Kowulz.com

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Re: Ancestry

not to be negative nelly, but the colors are blue and yellow. not yellow and purple or blue and orange. that definitely is blue and yellow.

barkingchicken

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barkingchicken

Did he pee in the fish tank or on the fish tank... I hope he didn't pee in the fish tank, cause the fish would die

blosmtx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blosmtx
Re: The Tea Shirt

I really love this, and would definitely buy it.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages Spiritgreen
midgerock wrote:not to be negative nelly, but the colors are blue and yellow. not yellow and purple or blue and orange. that definitely is blue and yellow.

I understand you're just saying what you see midge' but maybe there's a bit of an optical illusion at work, what with the halftones.

This is my orange next to true yellow:

bsweber

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bsweber
hashimotoyoshio wrote:Unfortunately he is right. This is on a green tshirt. The colors the will be printed on the shirt is black and red. Many other shirts got rejected because of the shirt being one of the two colors and not the two colors that will be printed. I don't know how consistent woot is going to be when bad tshirt designs get rejected for this rule, but this awesome design is being overlooked... That's quite ok by me, I think you did a great job and it deserves to be left in the derby. (mostly because I disagree with the required two colors SEPARATE from the tshirt color.) As long as both complimentary colors are present and the shirt mainly consists of it, I think it fits in the theme.

The inks that would be printed on the shirt are green and red (on a lighter green shirt). I guess the dark green is appearing black to a number of people? It's definitely green, I swear! Glad you like it, though! The high/low quality of a particular design should not determine whether or not it is allowed to break the rules! But as far as I know, this one is within the guidelines of the derby.

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
iamjacksego wrote:man, this is an outstanding design, I haven't seen one I liked this much in a while. It's so simple, but it's still complex. Really digging this, hope you crack the fog.

Thanks!

dalekempress

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dalekempress
Re: RGB FANTASY

Thanks for the support! The shirt is actually not Who related, DalekEmpress is my handle on many sites (twitter, tumblr) so I used it here. You will see Daleks in the future though with the draw and scan tip. I use Illustrator for work so my Photoshop of late has been correcting/altering not creating.

For this shirt I was playing around w brushes and patterns and liked the way this turned out.

fungusamongus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fungusamongus
uniique wrote:legs? this tee's got wings! you should rename it Terminator. it's unstoppable. or Juggernaut. or Rocket. straight to the top. just pls don't kill my dinos...lol

Ahh I love your dino-donos! I'm so happy that I'm in shock over how well this is doing. My roommates are getting worried that I haven't stopped grinning for like 36 hours straight Once again a huge thanks to everyone who has voted and commented on this!

arrrrgh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages arrrrgh
Re: The Impossible Discovery of Fire

This reminds me of a favorite Far Side. Some goldfish are standing outside their fishbowl while a fire burns inside. One fish says something like, "Well, we made it out. Of course now we're equally screwed."

uniique

quality posts: 2 Private Messages uniique
Re: RGB FANTASY

i have a bamboo tablet but can't ever get accustomed to the small pen stroke area. plus the disconnect between looking at the screen and where your hands are. really want to try those bigger ones..

i knew it wasnt' really a darlek signal ;D just joshing :D should mention though, that even tho woot has the 'out from nowhere' w the tardis crashed into the delorean, they seem to no longer be accepting anything close to copyright characters/things. who material gets rejected alot. although this derby has the tardis w clock hands. might have slipped thru because there's no text on it?

wootvan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan
Re: what, me pander?

Superb! Even one of his front teeth is missing (I'm pretty sure).

BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots
spilzer wrote:Umm, I kind of hate to bring this up because this is a beautiful piece and in general I'm a big fan of yours, Boots..but, doesn't this design use more than the allowed 2 ink colors?

They're halftones of the two colors blending to make the peach color. I tried to pick shades of purple and yellow that would blend nicely.

Thanks everyone!

fungusamongus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fungusamongus
paigeg wrote:Wences, this so cute, and actually could break the heather gray taboo.
I would SO love to see an involved, bitchin' Dia de los Muertos shirt from you.

Yes! If there were a host of these little guys runnin around in ponchos and sombreros, I think I would be so happy I would cry. He's so damn cute!

BootsBoots

BootsBoots

Re: You're Not Fat, You're Fluffy!

Aww, I like this. I think I'd like it even more with the title in a speech bubble on the shirt (even though I know there's no text allowed for the derby).

BootsBoots

Re: walk... don't walk... walk... don't walk... walk

I love the style of your characters.

BootsBoots

Re: TV Wonderland

This is awesome. I love the business and details.

BootsBoots

Re: Light On II

This is so good! I wish it were doing better. I've never bought a heather grey shirt before. This would totally be my first. I love the colors, the linework, the weirdness. Just everything.

BootsBoots

Re: safety first

While this design is up to its ears in charm, the thing I find most charming is the nose. Charming nose!

BootsBoots

Re: iron-on man

I like this one a lot. You did great work with the color combo. And the linework is really good too.

BootsBoots

melquam wrote:I called him on New Year's and told him that Woot rejected him. He thinks I'm crazy for trying to put him on a t-shirt.

I hope someday you get him on a shirt! This cracks me up.

BootsBoots

jboshaw wrote:truffle, i didn't even realize this was yours. it's fun and cutesy and as always i'm in for one.

I didn't realize it at first either. I really like it. More like this from you? It's really great.

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
lkackman wrote:Styles, Its woot... nothing should surprise us anymore.

Yes, you're right.
Maybe I should have said that I'm fairly disappointed, instead of fairly surprised.
After all, woot doesn't surprise, but it can and does disappoint.

Shigwarm

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Shigwarm
kellyann214 wrote:weirdly creepy, yet amazing. love it. gmv

Thanks Kellyann!

redaxelrod wrote:I love this design even though I have an odd fear of earthworms (no, I'm not kidding). Great job!

Thanks! Worms can be terrifying!

Lish64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lish64
Re: Ink-topus

This is my favorite design out of the ones currently in the fog. Very wearable for sure!

thefold

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thefold
Re: The Tea Shirt

Congratulations on winning a Racing Rabbit Award on The Fold!
This is not SPAM.
We want your shirt to print really bad
We are giving you free publicity to your design and that is all we can offer... for now

frik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frik
Re: Spring Egg

Very cute.

No. Yes.

nblottie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie
Re: Zombie Unicorn

WOW, I didn't think I'd even make it to 100 votes. Thanks to everyone, you guys rock!!!

amyjo910

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amyjo910
Re: Ancestry

I try not to gush, but this is worth it. Gush, gush, gush! GMV.