fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: The Tea Shirt

Congrats on the fog! This is such a cute and simple design, it surely gets a vote from me! :D

ahadaway

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ahadaway
Re: Playing with the wind

I LOVE This one!! Vote for it so I can buy it!!!

Lagbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert
mjc613 wrote:Not sure if this will print well.

It meets the print guidelines. The line halftone is based on 30 LPI, and the majority of the stars in the background are at least 2 points wide at 300 DPI.

If there was a problem printing it. I still have the gradient based image, and I could easily rebuild the halftones with a lower LPI.

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Kowulz wrote:Rejected because no photographs? Photographs of what?

They have some "hidden"/ permeant rules for the derby (I think they are located on the submission page). One of those rules is that artist are not allowed to work from photos (to trace, paint over, silhouette, live trace, et cetera...). This to me seems like a photo of a bike that was simply silhouetted and duplicated. it seems that the people in charge of rejecting designs felt the same way.

Even if the end result is not a photograph, if there is any suspicion that a photograph was used to create the art (as side from it just being a reference), then they usually give it the boot.

Sorry you had to find out about this rule the hard way, but I hope that clears up the confusion. And if this was indeed created from scratch, you should provide evidence (in some fashion other than words) in the comments in order to not get misinterpreted.

chumpmagic

Re: Ghosts in disguise

Awesome! I love it. I think woot should just do a special Glow-in-the-Dark version of this They would be fools not to!!! *wink and smirk*

chumpmagic

midgerock wrote:in some circles "cheese and rice" is a euphemism instead of saying "Jesus Christ"

Ahhh... gotcha.

I love that bowl of rice by the way. He is my hero!

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
Re: Little Red Riding Bug

theres hardly enough red in this design to show complementary colors. IMHO

uniique

quality posts: 2 Private Messages uniique
Re: You Are What You Eat

if this doesn't fog/place,any chance this will go up on http://tastictees.spreadshirt.com/ ? I'd definately buy a tee. wicked cool

uniique

quality posts: 2 Private Messages uniique
Bexoxo wrote:There needs to be more Doctor Who shirts/designs. The first shirt woot i bought was "It Came Out Of Nowhere." I buy this shirt without a doubt. love it.

I also bought "It Came Out Of Nowhere" as my first buy :D

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
scarletrayne wrote:I am very upset that this is no longer in the fog. This is an amazing design and my favorite in this derby. I hope it climbs back up.

At the very least it should get an HM.

bulbwheatie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bulbwheatie
Re: Escher Blues

Wooper says: Me gusta.

Kowulz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Kowulz
chumpmagic wrote:They have some "hidden"/ permeant rules for the derby (I think they are located on the submission page). One of those rules is that artist are not allowed to work from photos (to trace, paint over, silhouette, live trace, et cetera...). This to me seems like a photo of a bike that was simply silhouetted and duplicated. it seems that the people in charge of rejecting designs felt the same way.

Even if the end result is not a photograph, if there is any suspicion that a photograph was used to create the art (as side from it just being a reference), then they usually give it the boot.

Sorry you had to find out about this rule the hard way, but I hope that clears up the confusion. And if this was indeed created from scratch, you should provide evidence (in some fashion other than words) in the comments in order to not get misinterpreted.

Chump, I appreciate the heads up.

I stand by my process as art. Show me the photo, Woot.

Innocent until her mother shows up!

Rock Cowles
Kowulz.com

grahamcrackercoyote

quality posts: 25 Private Messages grahamcrackercoyote
Re: Barney-volution

Where's Barney Fife?

SatharRicale

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SatharRicale
Re: Purple Mews

Very nice, like the wings!

sharkswithlasers349

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sharkswithlasers349
zwartepaard wrote:Whenever I glance at this thumbnail, I see an upside down elephant having a chat with a very large mouse. Though this is not a bad thing

Love the elegant simplicity of this design!

Cannot be unseen!

Great design, I would love telling all of my friends that it's a "tea" shirt.

dracokitty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dracokitty

Thank you! I love wings ^_^

SammichMonster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SammichMonster
Re: he knows when you are sleeping

Freddy, you've been THE baddest boy.......

lonelypond

quality posts: 424 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: Dragons Blow

excellent

lonelypond

lonelypond

Re: The Blue Dress

gorgeous

virgquest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages virgquest
Re: Winter Eclipse

Subtle and beautiful! Nice design!

virgquest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages virgquest
BrysonReb wrote:I think it looks awesome, and I also agree that more detail in the dragon would be cool. My only issue was that I still stare at the person and think..."Is that a topless girl?" If he had a manlier torso I would totally wear this.

That's a guy? I totally saw a girl, didn't even realize she wasn't wearing a shirt.

viscosity2004

quality posts: 7 Private Messages viscosity2004

Haha, this is so amazingly dorky it's amazing! Definitely would be getting this for my bro if it prints. :D

ulsterkw

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ulsterkw
Re: Marry Me

I'm not sure about this on a t-shirt, but for some reason, with the name and the colors I love this design.

penichillin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages penichillin
Re: Worth two...in the savanna?

Thanks for the comments! Hopefully I'll be able to make time to keep submitting designs. Seems like a good way to stretch and learn as a designer.

lozerette

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lozerette
Kowulz wrote:Chump, I appreciate the heads up.

I stand by my process as art. Show me the photo, Woot.

Innocent until her mother shows up!

The problem you're going to run into is that Woot doesn't have to prove a gosh-darn thing.

If it *looks* like a photo was used, they can reject it unless *you* can prove otherwise. They're just trying to protect themselves.

Also, if you didn't use a photo for that image, I'll eat my shoes. :P

aabbccddeeffgghh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aabbccddeeffgghh
Re: T-Rex Sword Fight

must win. WANT!

stayplace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stayplace
Re: Here a sheep, there a sheep......

The sheep are adorable but I wish it were just one big one instead of multiple smaller ones.

stayplace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stayplace
Re: Draconic Nox

the face is deceivingly feminine, perhaps its the hair? Also, something lightly bothers me about it as a shirt, nothing about the design, I think it might be the color shirt you have it on. Maybe it would work better on a dark blue than a black? Its really quite nice but I think it has some tweaking to do before it's a t-shirt.

TheFlyingLime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheFlyingLime
Re: The Standoff

Standoff? Looks more like hors d'oeuvres and an entree to me! I love this, especially the feel of the jungle.

Ezshrkman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ezshrkman
Re: Shadow Fish

Awesome! GMV!

hashimotoyoshio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hashimotoyoshio
stayplace wrote:the face is deceivingly feminine, perhaps its the hair? Also, something lightly bothers me about it as a shirt, nothing about the design, I think it might be the color shirt you have it on. Maybe it would work better on a dark blue than a black? Its really quite nice but I think it has some tweaking to do before it's a t-shirt.

Yees.. THis could use a bit of work. Get it better. The lighting effect detracted from the detail, because I didn't have a good method for making the halftones. I do now. It should be apparent that it's a guy. I did draw a fairly effeminate style of hair...

I do appreciate the critiques. I've been absent from an art pad for quite a few years that I seem to have lost touch with some of my artistic insight. I soak up every suggestion I get. Thank you.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: Hand

The shirt that gropes?

Placement would be...attention seeking for women.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: Rise Mecha Thulu

Might want to resubmit with the thumbnail matching the shirt comp. As is, grounds for rejection.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

deiden26

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deiden26
Re: The Impossible Discovery of Fire

WHY WON'T YOU STAY IN THE FOG?

lkackman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lkackman
Re: Complementary Mobius

Thanks all! I appreciate all the support. I hope this gets an HM nod too. In the mean time, I may add a hand on the dragon so that mimics the tiger a bit more.

If nothing happens with it, I guess it's just another piece for my portfolio.

THANKS!

sasham62

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sasham62
Mavyn wrote:The shirt that gropes?

Placement would be...attention seeking for women.

I'm not sure how many men would want a strange yellow and purple hand on their boobie either.

sasham62

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sasham62
Re: Fill Me Up

I can see the too many ink colors, but isn't that shirt white?

zekecatz

quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz
Re: Hand

Is this from the new TSA manual?

capsfanbryce

quality posts: 4 Private Messages capsfanbryce
Re: Ancestry

That is hilariously awesome!