1%
92%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

jr637

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jr637

Don't fall in! You're no good to anyone MIA! You'll compromise the mission!

chrisprender

quality posts: 312 Private Messages chrisprender

In case your childhood didn't include Barrel of Monkeys:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrel_of_Monkeys_(game)

NightGhost

quality posts: 1905 Private Messages NightGhost

Nothing's more fun than a pigful of monkeys!

NightGhost

quality posts: 1905 Private Messages NightGhost

and of course:

This pig will self-destruct in 5 seconds!

chrisprender

quality posts: 312 Private Messages chrisprender

"But mom, you don't understand! I need more money because the monkeys stole my allowance!"

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale

The condensed story:

A barrel of curious monkeys broke open one night, wanting to get a banana split to share. They worked together, hooking arm-in-arm, to sneak the money from the piggy bank. Then traipsed down to the local ice cream parlor and stuffed themselves silly with ice cream and banana goodness.

Then the ice cream parlor suffered from copious food/health code violations for serving animals in their restaurant and was shut down forever due to the size of the fines they were required to pay.

The End.

Congrats on the print, walmazan!

lonelypond

quality posts: 416 Private Messages lonelypond

What happens every time I buy a t-shirt...glad to see this one up, it's great fun. My nieces + nephew use those monkeys for everything so this seems a perfectly natural group activity.

doodahbtfcc13

quality posts: 20 Private Messages doodahbtfcc13

If I order this shirt, does it come with an order of Michael Nesmith, Peter Tork, or Davy Jones?
Or Micky Dolenz as a last resort..

sparrowhawk69

quality posts: 65 Private Messages sparrowhawk69

everyone thinks they're stealing. I think they may just be saving themselves for the right girl.

Sparrowhawk69 is in therapy for seeing bunnies everywhere & is currently a member of R.A.B.B.I.T. : "RamyB All Bunnies Because I'm Trippin" anonymous.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
doodahbtfcc13 wrote:If I order this shirt, does it come with an order of Michael Nesmith, Peter Tork, or Davy Jones?

Only the last three... Michael will just put a hole in the wall and leave.

dreamaster

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dreamaster

Has there ever been a comparison on the profits done off of derby winners and editors choice shirts VS the funny shirts?

I know the vast majority of my purchases are not derby champs or editors choice.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
doodahbtfcc13 wrote:If I order this shirt, does it come with an order of Michael Nesmith, Peter Tork, or Davy Jones?

This shirt comes with Zilch.

aceatmind

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aceatmind

Those are Woot Monkeys.

And that's my bank account.

klynb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages klynb

Congratulations on printing three (3) weeks in a row, Wences! In for one and cross-posted to Monkeeland. And, might I add, this gives me my black square back!

Last wooter to woot: klynb

aperfecttool72

quality posts: 7 Private Messages aperfecttool72

Once inside the Piggy, there are 3 security systems in operation whenever the technician is out of the room. First is sound sensitive; anything above a whisper will set it off.

The second is temperature-sensitive. Even the body heat of an unauthorized person inside the Piggy can trigger the alarm if the temperature rises just a single degree. And that temperature is controlled by an air conditioning vent 30 feet above the Piggy's floor. That vent is guarded by a laser net.

The third one is on the floor, and it's pressure sensitive. Just the slightest increase in weight will set it off. And any of these systems, if set off, will trigger an automatic lockdown. Now believe me when I tell you, gentlemen, that all 3 systems, are state of the art.

We must combine our forces! We must use our monkey skills! Hell, we got out of that barrel, didn't we?

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan

Wow guys! Many thanks to all the wooters for support this shirt and have a woderful year, and for all of them who don't support this shirt, have a wonderful year too!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

::cue monkey orchestra version of Mission Impossible theme::

(it's mainly screeching and coconut noises)

Congrats on the hot streak Walmazan! Super combo! ^___^

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
walmazan wrote:Wow guys! Many thanks to all the wooters for support this shirt and have a wonderful year, and for all of them who don't support this shirt, have a wonderful year too!

You too!

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Congrats, Walmazan! I love to see one of my favorites get on a hot streak :D. Wonderful design and very happy to see it print .

walmazan

bassanimation wrote:Congrats, Walmazan! I love to see one of my favorites get on a hot streak :D. Wonderful design and very happy to see it print .

Aww! thanks Bassa! you rock!

m4r1ju4n4

quality posts: 1 Private Messages m4r1ju4n4

reminds me of toy story 3...

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987

Holy effing whatisitsface 240 sold? Seriously?

wandmlaw

quality posts: 7 Private Messages wandmlaw

So... uh... what happened here? Not for sale anymore? Not in the reckoning? I was thinking of getting this shirt for my father-in-law (Michael Gross).

karamon101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karamon101
wandmlaw wrote:So... uh... what happened here? Not for sale anymore? Not in the reckoning? I was thinking of getting this shirt for my father-in-law (Michael Gross).

I was wondering the same thing... What happened to Walmazan!!

I'm the root of all that's evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

genericsmith

quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith

Hmmm.... Not much discussion either.

Usually when there's foul play there's a bunch of discussion about it.

Weird.

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.

walmazan

I really do not know what happen neither

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

walmazan wrote:I really do not know what happen neither

Looking into it...

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
tgentry wrote:Looking into it...

isn't it obvious from the bio of the designer?

Walmazan will self-destruct in five seconds. Sorry about that, Walmazan. Hope you had a full life.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
no1 wrote:isn't it obvious from the bio of the designer?

Woot... how could you do this? Explode good ole Walmazan? And I was wearing Holy Guacamole not two days ago. D:

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

The sales for Sunday are accurate. It was up throughout the day... we're not sure why but the on-going sale this morning turned on and then off a couple of minutes after going up. It should be back up now.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU

I think it should speak volumes that the lowest selling derby tee ever is a Walmazan. Much the same way the two highest selling derby tees are a tjost and a haxrox.

Woot needs a huge internal makeover. Walmazan brings 100% of what wooters claim to like in a tee every week. His style is inarguably cute, his concepts are easy to understand, his color schemes are appealing, and you'd be hard pressed to find someone who seems more honestly good-natured (though 'round these parts, fake ass-kissers are quite plentiful). Yet when he wins, he regularly sells poorly. Why? The only thing I can think of is that he has his own style. He's not the only one using someone else's horrible style. He isn't so bland he could be mistaken for anyone. He does distinctly walmazany work. And his concepts, while simple, are not SIMPLE. Usually they're easy to read, but also usually, they're somewhere outside the box while also making sense.

And yet Walmazan gets the dubious honor of being the lowest selling derby winner. And yet woot refuses to admit that there is something terribly wrong with their site. Personally, were I Wences, I'd be proud to garner that distinction after seeing how generic the stuff that sticks around tends to be.

wandmlaw

AdderXYU wrote:Woot needs a huge internal makeover.

I totally agree. If only there were some kind of motivations or external factors that they could use to run their business better. If only there were some way that people-- maybe even people that visit the site-- could give incentive to Woot to run their business one way, as opposed to another.

Alas, these things are a mystery that can never be solved.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
wandmlaw wrote:I totally agree. If only there were some kind of motivations or external factors that they could use to run their business better. If only there were some way that people-- maybe even people that visit the site-- could give incentive to Woot to run their business one way, as opposed to another.

Alas, these things are a mystery that can never be solved.

Unless you're trying to sarcastically note that "making money = running a site correctly", which would make you worthless to listen to, there IS a basic obvious incentive.

The people who would buy worthwhile shirts have long since left this site. Anyone who has paid three shreds of attention to this site would know this. So if the site started being proactive in bringing GOOD work in, more customers would frequent the site that WANT good work. Woot has millions of registered users, and hasn't even scratched 5% of a million on any one shirt, even with one approaching three years of chart time. How many of those users no longer check shirtside because everything here is so childish? How many don't check woot at all because of that? How many fans of sites with a better pedigree have missed great tees because the average woot tee isn't worth looking at? I know for a fact that I'd never know a good tee was printed at other sites with even worse track records without being told by someone. Make it worthwhile for people with a sense of diversity to check in, and the sales will improve on diverse work. the same 10,000 people will all buy the same exact boring generic trash. People who want something good have their own taste. 100 good tees will not sell as well per tee, but it will bring in far more different customers, which in the long run is far more important. Every one of those generic buyers will still buy the occasional non-crap design, and if not, will still buy the trash being sold during woot-offs. The important thing is to bring people in who find worth in the art being put together, and the only way to do that is to improve what is being offered.

Or, we could watch people like Walmazan suffer while people with zero talent continually prosper. That is DEFINITELY not broken!

wandmlaw

AdderXYU wrote:Unless you're trying to sarcastically note that "making money = running a site correctly", which would make you worthless to listen to...

Yes and yes.

As for the rest of your post: tl;dr

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
AdderXYU wrote:
The people who would buy worthwhile shirts have long since left this site.

I'm glad you enjoy our crappy shirts! Thanks for sticking around!

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.