chiieddy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages chiieddy
drunkenalien wrote:Really need to know what kind of tea this is. My doctor has banned me from having any black tea because I get kidney stones. They are not pleasant, so would like to stay clear of it in any form.

Have you tried white tea? While all tea {of the actual tea leaf tea) comes from the same plant, the different variations [green, white, black] have different processing in order to change the flavor profiles (sometimes this is just picking the leaves sooner). I'm drinking a white tea/herbal tea blend right now from Teavana that is really delicious. My switch to white tea was caffeine related. I wanted to knock down my intake (because I feel if I skip a day of drinking a hot beverage with breakfast, I shouldn't get debilitating headaches). It has about 1% the caffeine of black tea.

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240

Congrats fungusamongus. Hope it sells well for you.

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15

But... everyone has forgotten about tea jost! There's tea gentry and the Tea Party, but no tea jost. So:

Wear this shirt: if you're tea jost.

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

Assassin15

Jestik wrote:i am disappoint.

Tell me about it. This is one of those shirts that's extremely pointless and mind-bubblingly dull if you don't know what it's called.

spanchenblow

quality posts: 10 Private Messages spanchenblow

The placement of the kettle and cup is slightly unfortunate, as is the placement of the pasties...err, I mean 'tea' leaves.

Kuragari

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Kuragari

Dumb puns do not a woot shirt make.

tosscobble

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tosscobble

Yay!! This shirt makes me happy!!

Draug

quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug

This was definitely one of those dark horse entries, coming out of nowhere to place. Makes me proud that I voted for it! :D

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 197 Private Messages Spiritgreen

This did so well for a late entry, great result fungus'! Congrats!

^__^

KyleABrown

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KyleABrown
bpr2 wrote:ā€œIā€™m a little tea pot, short and stout. Here is my handle, here is my spout. Tip me over, and drain me out.ā€ lalalalalala

Between "here is my spout" and "Tip me over" should be "When I get all steamed up, hear me shout.". Mmmm, warm fuzzy memories of mommy holding me and singing...

fungusamongus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fungusamongus

First Woot print EVER!! I've been blown away all week with how much support this shirt received. Between watching it get into the fog and now the print cloud nine doesn't even come close to how I'm feeling. Huge thanks to everyone who supported this little guy

walmazan

quality posts: 58 Private Messages walmazan

Congrats fungusamongus!

NightGhost

quality posts: 1905 Private Messages NightGhost
drunkenalien wrote:Really need to know what kind of tea this is. My doctor has banned me from having any black tea because I get kidney stones. They are not pleasant, so would like to stay clear of it in any form.

I'm guessing this is a green Tee shirt cause its green, or at least that's the color it appears to be. See, I've never been tested to see if I was color blind, and would rather not risk the chance of getting another kidney stone.

I understand the description says grass, which typically means the color green, but I've heard of kentucky blue grass before, and don't know how blue tea would affect me. Id hate to get a blue kidney stone, cause it would hurt me greatly to know that my kidney stone was sad cause I made it blue from wearing kentucky blue grass tee.

Thanks in advance.

Black tea and green tea are made from the same plant; as such either one can cause kidney stones.

GREEN TEA POLYPHENOLS

"All tea contains oxalates that may cause kidney stones."

However, there is some thought that phenols in green tea may help break down calcium oxalate, thus preventing some kidney stones.

Kidney Stones & Green Tea

What do these conflicting reports mean? That there hasn't been sufficient research to back either position. You may have to determine whether green tea is safe for you by trial-and-error (potentially painful), or simply forgo green tea and play it safe.

Note - neither of those articles is particularly comprehensive or "scientific."

Oh - and positively no spinach!

Finally, you can always wear this shirt and drink herbal tea in peace.

peity

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peity

I got this for my mother who loves the colour green and drinks a lot of tea. It is a cute design she'll like! I suspect the whole "tea-shirt" joke will provide countless nights of amusement to her quilting and knitting friends.

bassanimation

quality posts: 97 Private Messages bassanimation

Wowweeee! I had to go to sleep early last night so I missed this go up. Amazing victory! Congrats, fungus!

BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots
mixer23 wrote:Ahhh... Just 36 votes away from an awesome shirt. One day I'll get a shirt with your leaves/scales patter on it, Boots. Thought for sure that the third time would be the charm...

I forgot I even had a shirt in the fog this week! I did! Well... now I'm suddenly experiencing disappointment,-36? Man, that sucks- which is becoming anger and frustration -Goddamn hippies and their tea!-. But, now I'm moved on to remorse -I shouldn't have said that about the tea... And now I feel some good-sportsmanship coming on. -Congrats on your first print, Fungus! Whew. What a wild 2 minutes you gave me, Mix! ;)

bassanimation

quality posts: 97 Private Messages bassanimation
BootsBoots wrote:I forgot I even had a shirt in the fog this week! I did! Well... now I'm suddenly experiencing disappointment,-36? Man, that sucks- which is becoming anger and frustration -Goddamn hippies and their tea!-. But, now I'm moved on to remorse -I shouldn't have said that about the tea... And now I feel some good-sportsmanship coming on. -Congrats on your first print, Fungus! Whew. What a wild 2 minutes you gave me, Mix! ;)

LOL, I've been there with you, Boots! It's like an emotional rollercoaster ride for about 60 seconds, complete with screaming, nausea, tears, and then relief. Sometimes pooping.

Also I will pretend the tea is actually coffee, cause coffee is superior to tea.

:P

Misskari

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Misskari
fungusamongus wrote:First Woot print EVER!! I've been blown away all week with how much support this shirt received. Between watching it get into the fog and now the print cloud nine doesn't even come close to how I'm feeling. Huge thanks to everyone who supported this little guy

Congrats on your first print, fungus! It's a classy little design.

bassanimation wrote:Sometimes pooping.

One more gargleblaster XD

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Congrats on your first print! A sweet shirt.

Vote!

JugglerPete

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JugglerPete

Today might be a bad day to sell this shirt seeing as the Tea Party's getting a lot of flack.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Huge congrats on your first print, fungus! Cute, simple design.

chrisprender

quality posts: 312 Private Messages chrisprender

The forms on this one are drawn in a very animated style, more like a cartoon than a comic book. I like it.

Puggsy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Puggsy
jasneko wrote:Congrats on your first print! A sweet shirt.

You mean a SweetTee.

I can appreciate good art, not add to it.

Assassin15

lol whom carz

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 105 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

Hey guys! The front page of this shirt is showing that it is already reckoned so people can't buy it. This happened last week with "Mission Pigpossible" so maybe some sort of weird error with the Sunday shirt or something.

I'll poke the service guys to look in to it as well. The shirt should still be on sale.

dmspalding

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmspalding

we have many people wanting to buy this shirt. what happened? is there any alternative way of buying it now

DM Spalding

uniique

quality posts: 2 Private Messages uniique
dmspalding wrote:we have many people wanting to buy this shirt. what happened? is there any alternative way of buying it now

you can always try the rekoning page (link in upper right corner) for older tees
http://shirt.woot.com/Reckoning/

the direct link to the tea tee is
http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=17117

hope that helps

fungusamongus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fungusamongus

Alright seems like the shirt is back on track! I don't know why it wasn't able to be bought earlier but it looks like it's been cleared up.

sherylsfowler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sherylsfowler

Do not put Shout or Spray N Wash on this shirt and allow it to touch the print...mine is ruined...took the print right off. I love this shirt...alas, I have to buy another. I am not happy. Just wanted to write this so that no one will do the same.

katiskarma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages katiskarma

I get a lot of compliments on the shirt when I wear it. A lot of face palms when I have to explain that it's a TEA shirt. I love the design myself.

ajanders

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ajanders

Man, I really missed the boat on this one. Didn't check woot for a while, came back and saw it but it was reckoned and gone! I'd love one for my wife, is there ANYWHERE that one can be found?

sittle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sittle

If people are looking to get this design I have a men's XXL for trade / sale!

Just send a PM.

stilzkin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stilzkin

Just got this as my random shirt....thoroughly disappointed!