WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Whether it's a destructive inferno, a spark of creativity, or a warm respite from the harsh world outside, fire is one of those things that makes being human a whole lot easier. Since we've done a few elemental derbies before we're challenging you to burn a design onto a shirt that will really spark a discussion the next time we're wearing it. Give us your best fire depictions, fire aftermath, fire-inspired designs. Go!

• No video games.
  • No Star Wars.
  • No text.
  • No bunnies.
  • No phoenixes. Seriously. You were already drawing one, weren't you? Well start over.

healsr4f

quality posts: 0 Private Messages healsr4f

Fire FIre.

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert

Cool. I'm going to draw a firebird that resurrects itself from the ashes.

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
thatrobert wrote:Cool. I'm going to draw a firebird that resurrects itself from the ashes.

hahaha +1

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

There goes my idea of a bunny on fire. DANG YOU WOOT!!!

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock

so many ideas...

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 10 Private Messages SeedUvPain

So which of the three winning dragon designs will YOU buy?

Lagbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert

Woot should have band fire and ice ying-yang references too.

bellarific

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bellarific
SeedUvPain wrote:So which of the three winning dragon designs will YOU buy?

Probably the adorable one who burps and blows up an entire city on accident.

pickabattle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pickabattle

I'm definitely fired up about this one! The first thing that comes mind is "Flame R e t a r d a n t" Still don't know what angle to work it from...an ant charging into flames? Not sure yet.

Still, this should be fun. Flame on!

Edit: To note, I don't support making fun of the mentally challenged, so I hope it doesn't come across that way with my idea. I just like the play on words. That, and it just the first idea I came up with and I might have a better one.

lkackman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lkackman
thatrobert wrote:Cool. I'm going to draw a firebird that resurrects itself from the ashes.

LOLOLOLOLOL.... way to pander to the masses!

SkekTek

Lagbert wrote:Woot should have band fire and ice ying-yang references too.

booooo...

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale

So you're going to rename it something else to get it past the censors... *sighs*

shan24

JadenKale wrote:So you're going to rename it something else to get it past the censors... *sighs*

I took it as a joke.

The first thing I thought of for this new derby theme was Beavis and Butthead yelling "Fire fire fire" lol

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
JadenKale wrote:So you're going to rename it something else to get it past the censors... *sighs*

Also be sure to pixelize the nurples. :D

SkekTek

shan24 wrote:I took it as a joke.

The first thing I thought of for this new derby theme was Beavis and Butthead yelling "Fire fire fire" lol

Great. Now I can't get that out of my head. Thanks shan!

uniique

quality posts: 2 Private Messages uniique
SeedUvPain wrote:So which of the three winning dragon designs will YOU buy?

i can't resist. i saw "fire" and said "dragon". i'm doing a baby dragon with an 'oops' expression that just burned everything to kingdom come. fun!

Lagbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert
SkekTek wrote:booooo...

Sorry SkekTek,

I didn't intend any harm with that comment. I just figured the fire and ice ying-yang concept would be something that came quickly to a lot of artists.

sasham62

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sasham62

Well, my first thought was, "I did this for the fall colors derby..."

Considering the number of votes I got, I should probably go with my second thought. Unless I come up with a third.

SkekTek

Lagbert wrote:Sorry SkekTek,

I didn't intend any harm with that comment. I just figured the fire and ice ying-yang concept would be something that came quickly to a lot of artists.

No, I'm joking. This was a design I did for the Panic! derby in the 60's range of derbies.

And yes, at the time it came quickly to me. But then I got accused of hijacking the Firefox logo. Sometimes you just can't win

JadenKale

shan24 wrote:I took it as a joke.

I knew it was a joke... it just wouldn't surprise me.

JadenKale

bassanimation wrote:Also be sure to pixelize the nurples. :D

*snickers* nurples

shan24

JadenKale wrote:I knew it was a joke... it just wouldn't surprise me.

Yeah same here...but not from a regular, maybe a newbie. maybe. lol

asubobbo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages asubobbo

Hi all! This is going to be my first derby, I am excited.

Hope I can put something competitive together, I still have a lot to learn. But you gotta crawl before you can walk right?

Good luck!

rodrigobhz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rodrigobhz

Sorry to bother you with hitchhiker questions, but how many entries are allowed per designer?

Good luck everyone!

rodrigobhz

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 5 Private Messages benjaminleebates

as many as you want!

uniique

JadenKale wrote:*snickers* nurples

lol what's a nurple?

BaldBob007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BaldBob007
rodrigobhz wrote:Sorry to bother you with hitchhiker questions, but how many entries are allowed per designer?

Good luck everyone!

As many as you can finish by next Wednesday at noon CST.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Good luck asubobo! If you have any questions, technical or otherwise, post 'em in here. People are always eager to help.

I think I'm going to design something in the same style as Cheese It!, called 'Don't play with matches'. Just need to Google my idea and make sure it hasn't been done. :p

sefjwm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sefjwm
SkekTek wrote:No, I'm joking. This was a design I did for the Panic! derby in the 60's range of derbies.

And yes, at the time it came quickly to me. But then I got accused of hijacking the Firefox logo. Sometimes you just can't win

Noooooo don't tell people about fire type foxes.

I got a question though. Does an artic hare count as a bunny? What about a Hemu instead of a phoenix?

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
uniique wrote:lol what's a nurple?

they're purple.

JadenKale

midgerock wrote:they're purple.

+1

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129

A sketch...

Thanks for any feedback.

uniique

sketched idear. that's what naturually comes out. trying to change that up to mid-century modern. must.. forsake.. detail.. goddess Mary Blair, come to me in my hour of need

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc

This is what I have.

theWanker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theWanker
rglee129 wrote:A sketch...

Thanks for any feedback.

He needs to be standing on a graham cracker and a piece of chocolate, and there's another graham cracker hanging above him from a rope.

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega

This confirmed pyromaniac is certainly excited by all the possibilities of this topic, but I refuse to get my hopes up over the derbies anymore. There's usually a vast gap between shirts I would wear vs. shirts that get enough votes to print. I've decided to avoid disappointment and spend my free time this week polishing & refueling the lighter collection, rather than watch this mess burn itself out ...

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
endangeredomega wrote:This confirmed pyromaniac is certainly excited by all the possibilities of this topic, but I refuse to get my hopes up over the derbies anymore. There's usually a vast gap between shirts I would wear vs. shirts that get enough votes to print. I've decided to avoid disappointment and spend my free time this week polishing & refueling the lighter collection, rather than watch this mess burn itself out ...

uh... thanks for telling us?

nblottie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie

Fiery Sword Wielding War Chicken.

I'm going for funny and a bit weird.

uniique

nblottie wrote:Fiery Sword Wielding War Chicken.

I'm going for funny and a bit weird.

hellz yeah! funny wierd rocks