chennai8

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chennai8
wootvan wrote:Beautiful work, but I feel like the title should be:
•"I already bought Girl Scout Cookies"
•"Halloween is next week."
•"I D0 N0T want to talk about Jesus."

No man...What Drakxx means by that is, "Hey... Derby artists! You shall not pass" ...into the fog that is.

As usual epic design, Drakxx!!!

neyfam2000 wrote:Woot!--going from "Deal-a-day" to "Site-a-day"

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

So I'm going in a different direction today. The pro-arson point of view, I guess. Haha. ;p

Firestarter

...I think I might use spark shapes instead of stars. Still tweaking.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Spiritgreen wrote:So I'm going in a different direction today. The pro-arson point of view, I guess. Haha. ;p

Firestarter

the stars don't work, really. match is cool.

kairanie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kairanie
Spiritgreen wrote:So I'm going in a different direction today. The pro-arson point of view, I guess. Haha. ;p

Firestarter

I love how the things that will explode (the bomb, rocket, and TNT) seem to have more horror in their expressions than the things that will just burn. Or maybe that's just my imagination.

bfr004

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bfr004

I'm just waiting for the inevitable turtle with a blowtorch threatening something furry like a squirrel. This will only be because bunnies with blowtorches are against the rules.

Or the red dragon with lots of twining flames aligned on the right side of a black t-shirt. Yeah, either one of those designs will be a shocker.

uniique

quality posts: 2 Private Messages uniique

here's where i am now. didn;t get much further last night. too many colors. any suggestions? maybe a frog or snake on fire?

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow
uniique wrote:here's where i am now. didn;t get much further last night. too many colors. any suggestions? maybe a frog or snake on fire?

Maybe a puff of smoke from his nostrils, to make it more evident that he caused all the damage?

uniique

cdrewlow wrote:Maybe a puff of smoke from his nostrils, to make it more evident that he caused all the damage?

right right! where's my brain? thx cdrewlow

bsweber

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bsweber

Fireflies at Dusk:

spratman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages spratman

Looks like there's gonna be alot of cute dragons and marshmellows. Forgive me and get your insulin shot, here's my entry.

spratman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages spratman

Firestarter

Love it! The match looks so happy.

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop
uniique wrote:here's where i am now. didn;t get much further last night. too many colors. any suggestions? maybe a frog or snake on fire?

This has a very charming quality about it. It's cute, but there's an artful style about it. There's something maybe a little off about the dragon's eyes, but I love the trees. I like how they're all different.

Spiritgreen

Thanks spratman, kairanie and Josephus.

After a few more changes this is it:

I -did- make the explosive characters look more shocked. Good catch! ^__^

uniique

theinfinityloop wrote:This has a very charming quality about it. It's cute, but there's an artful style about it. There's something maybe a little off about the dragon's eyes, but I love the trees. I like how they're all different.

thanks for the input theinfinityloop
i agree in trees that aren't identical, kinda necessary. seeing what can be done with the eyes. much appreciated!

Foreverblue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Foreverblue

So it's twenty minutes to contest start this is what I got, thoughts?

ArtistTemplate by Jesusroc, on Flickr

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=48976

Foreverblue

spratman wrote:Looks like there's gonna be alot of cute dragons and marshmellows. Forgive me and get your insulin shot, here's my entry.

Dude I absolutely love it the design is really well done.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Foreverblue wrote:So it's twenty minutes to contest start this is what I got, thoughts?

It looks like the smoke is below the fire?

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

Foreverblue

Mavyn wrote:It looks like the smoke is below the fire?

Yes, yes it is

manikx66

quality posts: 2 Private Messages manikx66

i was out of town for the past 2 days so have not had any time to do any drawing. I think i will use this sketch that i started a while back but didnt finish. basicly kid viking has his icecream cone melted by a little dragon.

please let me know what you think of the idea

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Hotdayum! Literally! So many cool entries so far :D. I also have a craving for marshmallows now....crap! (sits with spoon and jar of Jet-Puffed and watches the arts roll in)

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct

Just wasting time anyway.

logomachinist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages logomachinist
Drakxxx wrote:

YOU SHALL NOT PASS.

Should be up sometime during the contest. let me know how you fell about the drawing.

This is really a very pretty illustration, and I admire your work tremendously. But seriously? This is a scene lifted with only the scarcest of changes, directly from a hugely popular movie and book. There is no satire or twist.

This is like making an illustration of a phoenix carrying a kid with a wand out of a cave with a dead basilisk, and titling it "Fawkes".

Again, your work is consistently my favorite in these derbies, but this really isn't classy.

albinoapple

quality posts: 2 Private Messages albinoapple

I'm disappointed in the lack of more serious artsy shirts this week. Hopefully there will be more added later!

aliciabeck

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aliciabeck

So far I am very underwhelmed

bassanimation

albinoapple wrote:I'm disappointed in the lack of more serious artsy shirts this week. Hopefully there will be more added later!

CMDixon and Infinityloop will surely sub something pretty . It seems like the art driven folk come in a tad later so keep watching.

I am drawing something right now that may or may not be considered arty. I have no idea @_@. It's kind of weird, and probably won't appeal, but I really wanted to draw it. Alas, I have plans tonight, and I have to go habitat hunting tomorrow so I may not be able to finish her til super late. Blast! The Hall of Late Subs will forever be my kingdom.

I like the cute stuff so far but I am also waiting to see the pretty things that roll in a bit later. :D

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
bassanimation wrote:CMDixon and Infinityloop will surely sub something pretty . It seems like the art driven folk come in a tad later so keep watching.

I am drawing something right now that may or may not be considered arty. I have no idea @_@. It's kind of weird, and probably won't appeal, but I really wanted to draw it. Alas, I have plans tonight, and I have to go habitat hunting tomorrow so I may not be able to finish her til super late. Blast! The Hall of Late Subs will forever be my kingdom.

I like the cute stuff so far but I am also waiting to see the pretty things that roll in a bit later. :D

yeah, I am in the same boat. I totally nixed the Terry Pratchett idea and no working on a Djinn. Wow how the mind wanders. Is there a snack bar at the Hall of Late Subs?

bassanimation

midgerock wrote:yeah, I am in the same boat. I totally nixed the Terry Pratchett idea and no working on a Djinn. Wow how the mind wanders. Is there a snack bar at the Hall of Late Subs?

There is indeed a snack bar! We have ramen and peanut butter sandwich crackers...and sugar packets. :D

Spiritgreen

Mmmm, sugar packets.

zeitwolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zeitwolf

I'd like a shirt with the Fire Nation symbol from Avatar-The Last Airbender...

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct

There are a lot of nouns that look happy to be on fire. I am considering this for myself.

bassanimation

zeitwolf wrote:I'd like a shirt with the Fire Nation symbol from Avatar-The Last Airbender...

Nickelodeon would then perform a firebending move on the unsuspecting artist. ^^; Then again, if you can't afford laser hair removal...might be a good option.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

I have another design to submit this evening, I think.

manikx66

here is what i have so far, will add scorched marks to the kids face and icecream cone where the drive bye dragon melted his treat. Also will have a smoke trail or puffs of smoke trailing behind the dragon as he flys by

need to add the center line to the boys tounge though maybe it would be better without him being in mid lick of the icecream????

let me know what you think thanks.

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock

better late than never.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Hi folks. I subbed two designs late last night, and as a result they're getting no voter or comment love. If you can, feel free to do both on the image links. Thanks!

zosai

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zosai

I was also late submitting last night...

comments or feedback would be much appreciated! thanks

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 10 Private Messages SeedUvPain

My habit of not starting anything until Saturday strikes again. Here's what I'm currently working on. Anyone still lurking these pages who would like to offer feedback is welcome to do so. Thanks!

Campfire Story:

zosai

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zosai
SeedUvPain wrote:My habit of not starting anything until Saturday strikes again. Here's what I'm currently working on. Anyone still lurking these pages who would like to offer feedback is welcome to do so. Thanks!

Campfire Story:

the composition with the story fire in the same spot as a real fire is awesome. I think the story teller log looks a bit like it's floating, higher than the other logs. maybe make it taller by stretching its bottom half down? love the characters and expression!

manikx66

here is where i stand so far for this week
let me know what you think.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
SeedUvPain wrote:My habit of not starting anything until Saturday strikes again. Here's what I'm currently working on. Anyone still lurking these pages who would like to offer feedback is welcome to do so. Thanks!

Campfire Story:

the idea and composition are funny, but there is a small anally retentive part of me that asks if cut logs aren't already dead anyway.