sgtblink

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sgtblink
Re: A Practical Guide

Haha, excellent! Took me a second to get the reference, but now I would gladly pick this up if it went to the big time!

kcloveschocobos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kcloveschocobos
Re: I'm On Fire

This design represents what I saw when I went to a Dresden Dolls concert. At least it represents it as best as I was able to portray it using Photoshop. There are no real words to describe it, but for those who don't know who they are, you should check them out and in the meantime, this is just a musical girl on fire, which is still kinda cool, no? I had a TON of fun making this, seriously.

PS Piano skirt ftw!

Lagbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert
Re: The God of Fire

This is brilliant! A major departure from you usual style, but just as awesome! GMV + 1

Has your Fridge and Magnet design from the physics derby printed anywhere yet?

Lagbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert
Re: Firefly

Wow! Love the detail!

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Lagbert wrote:
The halftones being at 90 degrees are going to create moire patterns when printed. Tjost has on several occasions pointed out that an angle of 22.5 or 67.5 degrees should be used to get the best results.

I rarely use halftones, but I will keep that in mind next time. Thanks for the tip!

I remember farting around with the angles when converting to bit map and not really noticing a difference, but I will take you and Tjost's word for it. Thanks again

zosai

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zosai
Re: King of Fire

This is the "Lion Lion Mane on Fire" edition of "liar liar pants on fire"...

but don't impugn this lion's integrity.

5 colors on Black

here is a detail shot:

chiinkz86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chiinkz86

This reminds me of Diablo 2...

zosai

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zosai
Re: Firefly

this is amazing! GMV!

kinzoku

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kinzoku
Re: Goldfish On Fire

Lovely work. I like the style going on here.

In the future, try to keep background color consistency. The preview image shows a much too dark yellow background, and you have a white background with the fish under the shirt preview. Everything should have the same lemon-yellow background.

penthus

quality posts: 3 Private Messages penthus
shan24 wrote:Oh no, no star wars! That didn't even cross my mind. I just wanted a round window. lol It was originally a cathedral style window but I didn't like the way it looked on the shirt.

Yeah, I'll admit that 'Star Wars' was the first thing I thought of when I saw this. :S

sefjwm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sefjwm
palookaboy wrote:Clever, bunny-and-penguin-less idea. Kudos.

Yeah but I swear I've seen that dragon many times before.

yebkamin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yebkamin

JRWorkshop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JRWorkshop

A tribute to the wizard who needs no introduction.
Enjoy!!

JRWorkshop

Hahahahaha, awesome!

JRWorkshop

that tiger's hot!

JRWorkshop

Love it!!

JRWorkshop

Great vector work!

JRWorkshop

Awesome

JRWorkshop

cool colors

JRWorkshop

Nice contrast of flat shapes & volume

JRWorkshop

Those fire & smoke textures are insane!

JRWorkshop

cool and funny

JRWorkshop

Funny and well done.

hashimotoyoshio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hashimotoyoshio
Re: Lazy Salamander enjoys his bed of coals

Ah yes, the Fire salamander. What a cool looking amphibian. Odd that an amphibian would get a rap for being a symbol of fire. Upon doing research on that it appears that they secret a substance that is very resistant to heat. However the true myth comes from the fact that they would sleep in dead wood and when that wood was used for fire the salamander would pop out where they weren't before in the flames, giving rise to the idea that these little critters were born of fire.

It's since then taking it's own thing in art and literature but here you can have the other symbol of fire in a creature (not the phoenix) on a shirt. Hope you like it.

TheFlyingLime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheFlyingLime
Re: Firestarter

I love this! I only wish there were also a bunsen burner...

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01

goddessm

quality posts: 1 Private Messages goddessm
Re: Fire Rose

WOW!!!I am in love with this derby entry! If it wins, I shall tattoo it upon my personage...that is if I can find some available space.

~ the GODDESS M

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
Re: First Time Burners

Finally decided to go camp and live the cd burn experience.

Here a link for hi res samples. (o;

cndallas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cndallas
Re: Melting Defenses

Awesome shirt design. Just joined shirt.woot so sadly I can't vote yet! If/when this shirt wins I'll probably be getting one!

cndallas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cndallas
Re: Marshmellow

Super cute! I love it. Even as an adult male I'd consider getting it for myself.

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 25 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth

@Adder - Kitsune-bi, lit. foxfire, is one of the powers of Japanese foxes of myth. Foxfire is also a term FOR the bioluminescence of such fungi, as linked. It's also green. This is a play on words.

In addition, most Inari shrines will have a male and female fox guarding the entrance. So here we have a male and female fox cub playing and exploring their foxfire abilities.

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

hashimotoyoshio

penthus wrote:Thank you! I was thinking about doing some shading or highlighting (for some reason, I can't get halftones to work right, I fought with it for hours with no success), but I sort of liked it as it was.

Any tips/suggestions are welcome!

scour youtube for tutorials on halftones. Basically you have a single layer that you want to make into a halftone. the program I use is Photoshop cs3. So What you need to do with it if you are using that is duplicate the image, so you have a spare you are working with, delete all of the layers except the one that you want to make into halftones. Convert to grayscale. Lock transparency and fill with black as your primary color, this will make certain the halftone is as strong as you need it. by locking the transparency then you only effect what is actually drawn on the layer. Filling with black will make the halftone turn out right. Then convert to bitmap 30 lpi There you have your halftone. Convert back to grayscale (this is important) Then go to your channels and take the "gray" channel and pull it over to your other document that you started in. you will have an alpha channel now that you can "select" the halftone with. Do that and then fill again this time with the solid color that you want to use for halftone and there you have it. Half tone.

hashimotoyoshio

uniique wrote:very peaceful for a dark tee design. the pipe glow is nicely reined in and not overdone. just the folds of the dragon's face are lit. the other side of his face is just implied. very keen following a halftone tut!

yay, another compliment from uniique! Moving up...

hashimotoyoshio

TobiasAmaranth wrote: Kitsune-bi, lit. foxfire, is one of the powers of Japanese foxes of myth. Foxfire is also a term FOR the bioluminescence of such fungi, as linked. It's also green. This is a play on words. Is this somehow too advanced for you? Do you need to go run and cling to your precious marshmallow shirts that have the joke spoonfed to you derby after derby? Jeez.

In addition, most Inari shrines will have a male and female fox guarding the entrance. So here we have a male and female fox cub playing and exploring their foxfire abilities.

You just gave me a great Idea for my D&D game! I've been messing with the hengeyokai from the OA. hmmm.. yessss *strokes beard*

hashimotoyoshio

hashimotoyoshio wrote:You just gave me a great Idea for my D&D game! I've been messing with the hengeyokai from the OA. hmmm.. yessss *strokes beard*

oh and, nice picture. :P

lilzombie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilzombie
Re: Go together like fire and water

This is so cute!

deaddreamer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deaddreamer
Re: Unstealthiest Ninja

good one. love the poor little guy.

deaddreamer | web | facebook

darel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages darel