Jake1364

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jake1364

I like the bear, especially his expression. Just not a fan of the super bulgy black sad eye design for the dragon....

so sadly I cannot give you a plus one.....

fishermanswife

quality posts: 6 Private Messages fishermanswife
Re: Aurora Vulcanis

Wow! Gorgeous! GMV.

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
spratman wrote:thanx! Yea I think I might have over done the cuteness level on the baby dragon.

Sorry, I wrote that right before I was going to take a nap. Dunno why I called him a dino; I think I was half-asleep. Obviously a dragon.

bottlehed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bottlehed
Re: The Bully

4 Colors on Cranberry.

neoheraclitan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neoheraclitan

I still think it would look better on a blue shirt. The orange would show up better.

Re: Tyger Tyger

tacolover99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tacolover99
hikerjohnd wrote:I like it! GMV!

I LOVE IT

scarletrayne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scarletrayne
jmmbell1987 wrote:On the shirt decal, there are some clear boxy outlines at the top.

Will this be fixed if it prints? The boxy-ness looks bad. It looks like you erased around the area instead of it fading naturally.

darel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages darel

Thanks all!

scarletrayne wrote:Will this be fixed if it prints? The boxy-ness looks bad. It looks like you erased around the area instead of it fading naturally.

Man yeah, it only shows in the halftones so I'll definitely fix that, my apologies. It didn't show in the working file and I must have missed it when I was converting the design into halftones. Will just leave this here and if it does print, I'll send a new file over.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Devil Will Ride

So awesome! I think it's one of your best..

dijay

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dijay
Re: Danger, Fire... Attack!!!

Thank you very much for the comments, I'm glad you like it.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: The Djinn

My grandmother says she has seen Djinns in the old country. She said they were gentle and mischievous and would steal bread that was cooling on her windowsill. I like your version better. It has a cool samurai/Darth Maul/demon feel to it. I'd definitely wear the heck out of this shirt.
Oh, and congrats on your first print on Monday. Groovy!

motorwerks

quality posts: 1 Private Messages motorwerks
Re: The Scientific Fondue!

This makes me think of Pinky and the Brain.

tattooedbear

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tattooedbear
Re: Fiery Hotcakes

I was just about to send a message... then read Jimiyo's comment.

starlght25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages starlght25
Re: Foxfire

I was iffy on this shirt until I clicked on the link. GLOWING FUNGUS and FOXES?? sweet. GMV

starlght25

uniique wrote:welcome to the derby, penthus! pretty nice work. looking at it makes me invent stories. +1

My thoughts exactly Great job on your first entry--keep it up! I'd love to see more. Good luck!

rglee129

quality posts: 27 Private Messages rglee129
Re: Dragon vs Robot

I'm rooting for the robot.

5 colors on red.

starlght25

I <3 anything HP related.

brianginther

quality posts: 9 Private Messages brianginther
Re: First Time Burners

Holy crap, this is awesome! First thought of Walmazan when I saw this. Great textures!

starlght25

I just saw your shirt, "revenge" on your site. and thought.."Lol wow.. I've been spending hours on the wii playing the new Zelda and I get the heck away from any chickens in it for this exact reason! I spent too much time getting the crap beat out of me in Ocarina of Time because I accidentally slashed a chicken with my sword." I love your idea!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
kbloomq1 wrote:I like the concept... I just kinda wish they looked a little more like foxes. I'm getting kind of a raccoon-y vibe.

Perhaps surprisingly, red foxes are not the only kind of fox we have! I thought that the grey fox would work better in the light from their campfire, with the fur reflecting the light, and the body color being mostly invisible. I think my drawing is pretty good in that regard.
Grey foxes do have a kind of raccooney vibe to them. However,raccoons' ears are smaller, and rounder and they have this big BLACK MASK across their faces, and a stripey tail. The raccoon I included I picked to show how similar they can be to the grey fox. Mostly, though, their faces look a lot flatter, and their ears a lot rounder than these.

lkackman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lkackman
Re: The Ominous Fire Breathing Squirrel

Lucky, I always look forward to your entries every week. Great as always, and nice texture on the flames.
GMV as always.

mlovesr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mlovesr

Robots, dragons and fire, oh my!

This design is fierce. Gmv!

lkackman

rglee129 wrote:I'm rooting for the robot.

5 colors on red.

You would... your like the graphic robot imbassador. (well your robots rock anyway)

I'm not sure if i like the shirt color in this one... seems too create a lack of contrast in the imagery. It took me a second to take this in and get the whole image.

Still full of Robbie awesomeness, but I feel this could be even greater.

lkackman

Re: AFI LOL

Why are people not voting for this?!

Jewel this is great concept, and the heart looks awesome with the fire.

ianleino

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ianleino
walmazan wrote:Pop!

I hope you like it!

Absolutely genius!

Find me on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or Google+
My Shop [/url]

darel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages darel

HA-OOH! HA-OOH! HA-OOH!

melissann34

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melissann34
uniique wrote:love the flame coming off the iris. good job!

wow thanks Im really new at this but having fun trying

~melissann

justzo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justzo
Re: Firefly

aww mr evans, look at you, damn you're good!

cdrewlow

quality posts: 8 Private Messages cdrewlow
Re: Devil-ed Ham

Okay let's try this again...

I know what you're thinking. "Won't a ham with a mustache like that get hair in the potato salad?"
Yes, he will, but he doesn't care because he's evil.

biotwist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages biotwist
JRWorkshop wrote:Love it!!

thanks

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Brushfire!

This is great! I LOL'd when I saw the little guy with the bucket.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Unstealthiest Ninja

Hilarious!

motorwerks

quality posts: 1 Private Messages motorwerks

I'm always a sucker for robots.

biotwist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages biotwist

i need to start using these forums more

clumsyangel666

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clumsyangel666
Re: The Fire Burns Within

it reminded me of limmine snicket

ericclindstrom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ericclindstrom
Re: GLOBAL WARNING

Please note. The city depicted in the above design is NOT Phoenix, since the woot rules won't allow for a drawing of Phoenix.

You may now continue to browse the designs and vote.

penthus

quality posts: 3 Private Messages penthus
hashimotoyoshio wrote:scour youtube for tutorials on halftones. Basically you have a single layer that you want to make into a halftone. the program I use is Photoshop cs3. So What you need to do with it if you are using that is duplicate the image, so you have a spare you are working with, delete all of the layers except the one that you want to make into halftones. Convert to grayscale. Lock transparency and fill with black as your primary color, this will make certain the halftone is as strong as you need it. by locking the transparency then you only effect what is actually drawn on the layer. Filling with black will make the halftone turn out right. Then convert to bitmap 30 lpi There you have your halftone. Convert back to grayscale (this is important) Then go to your channels and take the "gray" channel and pull it over to your other document that you started in. you will have an alpha channel now that you can "select" the halftone with. Do that and then fill again this time with the solid color that you want to use for halftone and there you have it. Half tone.

I guess that's where my problem lies. Haha. I have Photoshop Elements 6, so I'm missing one of the the key tools there: channels. But thank you! I can at least toy with some of that and see what I can manage. :3

If nothing else, I can cel shade.

penthus

quality posts: 3 Private Messages penthus
starlght25 wrote:My thoughts exactly Great job on your first entry--keep it up! I'd love to see more. Good luck!

Thank you! As well to Uniique. :D It's really encouraging, truly.

jewelwing

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing
lkackman wrote:Why are people not voting for this?!

Jewel this is great concept, and the heart looks awesome with the fire.

Thanks very much! I don't really expect it to get a ton of votes. It might be too simple, or too small on the shirt for a lot of voters. It was just something I wanted to draw and it was fun to take my time with all the curvy lines.

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
Re: First Time Burners

Very very nice, I love your artwork!!!

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt