Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
Re: Dragon vs Robot

ah, I'm definitely thinking the robot will win!

celia1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages celia1
Re: Breakdown

SHIRT COLOR?

paulandstacy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paulandstacy
hashimotoyoshio wrote:Ah yes, the Fire salamander. What a cool looking amphibian. Odd that an amphibian would get a rap for being a symbol of fire. Upon doing research on that it appears that they secret a substance that is very resistant to heat. However the true myth comes from the fact that they would sleep in dead wood and when that wood was used for fire the salamander would pop out where they weren't before in the flames, giving rise to the idea that these little critters were born of fire.

It's since then taking it's own thing in art and literature but here you can have the other symbol of fire in a creature (not the phoenix) on a shirt. Hope you like it.

It brought to mind Heinlein's fire salamanders in "Magic, Inc.".....

celia1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages celia1
Re: earth, wind, water, fire

WONDERFUL!! elemental, GOOD LUCK

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
Re: First Time Burners

brianginther wrote:Holy crap, this is awesome! First thought of Walmazan when I saw this. Great textures!

Thanks man!! (o;

expo01

SnowQueenVT wrote:Very very nice, I love your artwork!!!

Thanks SnowQueenVT! (o;

remster7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages remster7
Re: Fiery Hotcakes

Yum. I want a stack of them.

spratman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages spratman
Re: Goldfish On Fire

Really very cool, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it rejected on Monday for being off-topic or because the comp and thumbnail don't match. But you never know the rejectionator is capricious.

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan

Wow! this is an amazing execution! I Love the atmosphere here! and you have my vote

spratman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages spratman

That hilarious! And a great use of color.

remster7

Re: Tonight We Dine on Campers!

Where 's the chocolate?

fjrrider

quality posts: 3 Private Messages fjrrider
Re: A Practical Guide

Having this shirt would make me top GEEK at work. MUST HAVE!

expo01

Re: Evel CORNieval

So much fun man, amazing as usual, supported!

(o;

expo01

walmazan wrote:Wow! this is an amazing execution! I Love the atmosphere here! and you have my vote

Thanks a lot mate , appreciated!! (o;

expo01

spratman wrote:That hilarious! And a great use of color.

Thanks spratman! (o;

remster7

Re: Danger, Fire... Attack!!!

I really like the design and concept.
I want one.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

This is so awesome! Great concept and super execution. I kind of wish the background wasn't quite as squared off, like perhaps rounded a bit, but really that's a nitpick. Great work, expo! +1

morleyt2009

quality posts: 2 Private Messages morleyt2009

Too bad it's been rejected. So lovely. I would like to see it pop up again in a derby that fits.

uniique

quality posts: 2 Private Messages uniique
Re: Goblet on fire

cool stylized blue hotrod flames
i'd totally drink from that goblet and wear the shirt!

morleyt2009

quality posts: 2 Private Messages morleyt2009
Re: Job Security

I work at a summer camp and we have a Smokey figurine with a fire danger meter. Anyway, we all think he's super creepy without a shirt, so we always dress him up. How funny would this be on him?!

uniique

quality posts: 2 Private Messages uniique
Re: earth, wind, water, fire

very peaceful tee. especially like the deer feeding in distant pasture. very nice

expo01

bassanimation wrote:This is so awesome! Great concept and super execution. I kind of wish the background wasn't quite as squared off, like perhaps rounded a bit, but really that's a nitpick. Great work, expo! +1

Thanks a lot Shawnna ,actually tried a little round ones but this one worked the best with the pines ,

cheers! (o;

tizbazua

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tizbazua
Re: Heart Burn...

everything on my submissions are halftones. If that is not what people are doing then i don't get it!

jboshaw

quality posts: 10 Private Messages jboshaw

i'd really like for this to be resubmitted. fix the comp. it was in the fog when i voted for it so maybe it could make it again. it's only saturday! one of the few shirts i'd actually buy.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
starlght25 wrote:I was iffy on this shirt until I clicked on the link. GLOWING FUNGUS and FOXES?? sweet. GMV

As was noted earlier and then deleted, glowing fungus is not fire. If you think it is, I would love to see you attempt to barbecue.

Given the entirety of this design, there's no reason to believe this is anything but a magical glowing land of foxes. Nothing reads fire.

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
Re: Dragon vs Robot

Certainly very bold color choices. I can see the potentially questionable lack of contrast, but I think it actually works pretty well. It's always hard to judge how something will really look on the shirt but I think this will look pretty great. The brightness of the shirt is a positive not a negative as far as I'm concerned. Gives it a very distinct look.

zosai

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zosai
Re: Brushfire!

Brilliant! love all the textures and tree shadows too. GMV!

ncheremnykh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ncheremnykh
Re: RESUB: Goldfish On Fire

This is a resubmission of yesterday's design. It was the opinion of the Woot! community that the thumbnail and shirt preview background colors weren't close enough, so here are both from made from the same template. Thanks for the input and votes!

lovelydream

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lovelydream
Re: No one left to play with

you never cease to amaze me patrickspens . . I always look forward to you stuff

ncheremnykh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ncheremnykh
jboshaw wrote:i'd really like for this to be resubmitted. fix the comp. it was in the fog when i voted for it so maybe it could make it again. it's only saturday! one of the few shirts i'd actually buy.

I really appreciate the support and suggestions. I have resubmitted the design with a matching comp. and template background colors and will be more aware of this in future postings.

lovelydream

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lovelydream
Re: Tyger Tyger

I love it :D

mindslashed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mindslashed
SirSquinty wrote:Treading a little dangerous on the copyright line, don't you think...?

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=25907

I easily see six or more points of difference. i dont think it'll be an issue.

zosai

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zosai
kevlar51 wrote:Thanks chump; much appreciated.

I actually had to do the bulk of the work on this one twice, because I drew it like I normally would then realized when I applied the color (far too late) that my values were reversed. So I had to redraw it in its entirety, all while shading dark those areas that needed to appear the brightest--really messes with the mind!

whoa, yeah, I didn't think about the reversed values when I saw it. maybe there's a way to make a negative image in photoshop? at any rate, I really like your design! GMV

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

AdderXYU wrote:As was noted earlier and then deleted, glowing fungus is not fire. If you think it is, I would love to see you attempt to barbecue.

Given the entirety of this design, there's no reason to believe this is anything but a magical glowing land of foxes. Nothing reads fire.

You too can learn to give criticism without making it a personal attack.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mindslashed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mindslashed
Re: Tyger Tyger

I seriously love this one! I already own three other cranberry woot shirts, but id add this to my collection in a hearbeat!
Not only are the colors stunning, but it embodies one of my absolute favorite classic poems! :D Got my vote!

Nightshooter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Nightshooter
Re: The God of Fire

love the idea but i could never wear this. Only because the lighter is yellow. Yellow is the most unlucky color for lighters. I wont even touch a yellow lighter. please make this with a different color.

Nightshooter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Nightshooter
Re: Job Security

if only you could use text...

dragonninja

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dragonninja
Re: Hot enough for Ya

Look how cute they are. How can you not love them

elviswind

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elviswind
D3lusional wrote:No I understand, It's obviously his style. But if you look at just about every other design he has up on the web you will see a distinct lack of polish on this compared to the rest. As someone else said, he's done cleaner work, in fact most all of his other work I've seen.

You're gonna have to define polish and how the lack of it detracts from this work.

I see shorter line work than some of McHerly's other work, but I don't think it detracts. To me, it reinforces the spontaneity of the depicted scene.

Regardless, I think we all know that this isn't going to print next weekend. I'm just excited by this preview of something that will hopefully print on elsewhere if Mr. McHerly decides not to print and sell it himself.

jxchen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jxchen
Re: Aurora Vulcanis

I personally do not find this 'artsy', nor do I believe it will print well. It is also barely on theme, as the fire itself is minimal.