murraymullet

quality posts: 1 Private Messages murraymullet
Re: Little Billy wanted to be an Arsonist

Just dropped by to say I suck at Derby. Alright talk to ya later!

mindslashed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mindslashed
manikx66 wrote:glad to see you resubmitted this one it looks great with the changes you made!!!!

zosai

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zosai
Re: First Time Burners

this is great! definitely deserves more votes than it's getting, but it's got mine!

rglee129

quality posts: 27 Private Messages rglee129
Re: Robot vs Dragon resub2

Sorry for the second resub, gang. First time through I changed it to cranberry and used an orange-ish red for the fire for some POP, and I also gave the bot a bit more battle damage to even up the fit a bit. Then for the second resub I wanted to tone down the texturing a tad and tweak the rip in the wing. Anyway, I really like the way this one turned out! Thanks for your votes and comments, and thanks to Mrwednesday and Lkackman for feedback on V.1.

Lish64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lish64
mr47 wrote:I like the way you think. I'm the year of the dragon, and since I was little I would kind of wish to be a dragon. I may still wish for it now and again ;)

Thank you kindly.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: Heart Burn

The blue flame of my heart burns the hottest.
4 colors on light blue with 30 dpi halftones.

motorwerks

quality posts: 1 Private Messages motorwerks
Re: Robot Raze the City

I don't have any technical advice to give. I just wanted to show my support for robots. I especially like old school looking robots as seen here.

marnelra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marnelra
Re: It tastes just like CHICKEN!

The rats are out for revenge and maybe a little snack when its all said and done

feedback and comments welcome!

marnelra

Re: Dragons and Snowmen Don't Mix

Really cute! gmv

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Re: EPIC FIRE SAFETY DIAGRAM

hope this prints!!!

midgerock

Re: Unstealthiest Ninja

pretty funny and love ninjas!

midgerock

Re: Bebe Burp

this came out sweet and those trees have reflections of the mid-century modern derby ala Sleeping Beauty! gmv

midgerock

Re: Baby Dragons Equal Flame Throwers

The design is sweetness and hilarious. My only crit is the color choices. Not too found of the blue for the night in contrast with the green goblins and the orange fire. just my onion. I hope it does well this week.

motorwerks

Re: It tastes just like CHICKEN!

I like the idea, but it looks to me like the cat is floating.

laughalot

quality posts: 6 Private Messages laughalot
Re: EPIC FIRE SAFETY DIAGRAM

I have to vote for this cause it made me laugh so hard!

midgerock

Re: Firefly

The detail on this is amazing!

midgerock

Re: Tyger Tyger

This design is graphically killer. great take on the theme. My only crit is the cranberry shirt. seems flat against the colors.

motorwerks

Re: The Loyal and True Fire Dog

I would be terrified of my dog if it's eyes looked like that.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Campfire Story

This came out great! The expressions are priceless. Glad to see you back. GMV.

merzzie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages merzzie

LOVE IT!!

merzzie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages merzzie
Re: Fire Rose

Amazing

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
Re: Concerts will never be the same

Lighter apps are not Rock 'n Roll

odysseyroc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages odysseyroc
Re: Concerts will never be the same

This one looks like it should rocket right into the fog.

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday

Wow! My first though was you didn't have enough colors to make a shirt swap, but the transition to cranberry looks really good. If forced, I think I'd still have to choose the red. I think it exemplifies the fire much better, but the contrast is definitely a bit better in this version.

Do you plan to leave both versions up? It doesn't appear as if either are tearing up the voting unfortunately, but I'd hate to see one lose out because of the other. Both are great and I can only assume if not a win and HM and if not that an EC (though the last batch were complete rubbish) and if not that I can think of several places where it'd have a good chance of printing.

Anyway, I have a feeling I'll be wearing this shirt at some point in the future. Sooner rather than later......I hope.

bluejester

quality posts: 557 Private Messages bluejester

This is cute, funny, and exceptionally clever.

Not only did you do a great job on the expressions of the little logs, but the placement of the story bubble in the center of the campers is great as well.

+1

mayday226

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mayday226
Re: No one left to play with

When I first click to look at this, I thought "aww, poor fire beast..."
Then I noticed the possessions around the piles of ashes...and counted the piles...and couldn't stop laughing!
This is both amazing and adorable. Great work!

HalfWheat

quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat
Re: Fire Sprite V2

Woot doesn't have purple shirts. Wish they did, but they don't.

bluejester

quality posts: 557 Private Messages bluejester

Good grief Robbie, it's like you just sit at home and crank out awesomeness. I'm still upset that "Bioluminesence" didn't get a printing.

+1

HalfWheat

quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat
Re: Marshmellow

I love the ear flame.

marnelra

motorwerks wrote:I like the idea, but it looks to me like the cat is floating.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried out putting a shadow under the cat to give it a sense of sitting on the ground. So check out version 2.

Lish64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lish64

This came out really well! I also enjoyed watching your progress in the discussion thread.

midgerock

Re: BURN!

another design for this weeks derby.
pretty self explanitory.
If ya like it, then vote and comment.
If ya don't, then comment and don't vote.
Thanks for the support.

utterdamnnonsense

quality posts: 0 Private Messages utterdamnnonsense
HalfWheat wrote:Woot doesn't have purple shirts. Wish they did, but they don't.

it was supposed to be royal blue. :p

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 21 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth
theinfinityloop wrote:Attack or no attack, I have to agree that this isn't fire. I think it's fine to stretch the spirit of fire to a certain extent, but this is more about the spirit of kitsune or bioluminescence.

Not really. (And no, I don't see this as an attack myself.) The derby theme is fire, period. And fire is a concept used in both sides of this design. It is not slap-you-in-the-face-with-a-giant-flame fire, it is a subtle double-reference to a word. They never said 'your shirt must involve a large amount of burning, fire, or a dragon', they said 'the theme is fire', simple as that.

Stretching the theme and using subtleties are not the same thing. I might be quick to jump on that goldfish shirt, but I vaguely recall some mythology or other such history behind goldfish or koi that involves the element of fire, so even though I can't name the reference, I won't question the shirt's relevance. And I don't see why you feel the need to question this one's when it even has fire on it, as much as some of the other shirts on here I've seen. So just sit back, relax, and enjoy the derby. Or use the tattle button and move on.

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Doomed Romance

Doesn't she know he's only after her tail? Will she still love him when the fire has gone out? What will their lives be like when they're both burnt out and soggy, sitting in the life's douse bucket?

vorteks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vorteks

Original idea, very well executed. GMV for sure!

CrescentDebris

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CrescentDebris
Re: The Dungeon of the Marshmallow King

They brought Fire, they brought Sticks.... they want Marshmallows!!

Drakxxx: Drawing
CrescentDebris: Colors

Real late entry. I've been sick. Drakxxx sent me some lines. I said "What if it was a Marshmallow monster instead." He sent me a revision. Then I had things to do and then tried a different method... which didn't go as planned so it took much longer. Anyway, enjoy. Mmmmmmm

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale

I'm with Loopy, in regard to conflicting styles within the piece. I think that, while cute, it is more 'charming' than kawaii, as someone decided to use. Because of that, I am in approval of it.

Your characters surrounding the dragon have their own 'uniique' details that make them identifiable to you and only you. I would have kept the flatter, more cohesive style throughout and made the dragon more like them. Just because you slap on halftones doesn't mean you'll get a print. I honestly would have loved to have seen a version of this with a dragon that matches the rest of the design. THAT piece, would likely be the one I would support.

tavinjer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tavinjer

...and yes, that is an actual barcode...

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
Re: The Dungeon of the Marshmallow King

Legends tell of the sweet and fluffy giant monster that guards unspeakable riches within his delicious dungeon. What kind of riches the adventurers wondered...

"Riches? Who gives a #@=* about wishes?
We are talking about a freakin MONSTER MADE OF SWEET MALLOW! Merlou! Ready the inferno spell! This quest will see it's end with us dinning like KINGS!"