piakul

quality posts: 1 Private Messages piakul
neoheraclitan wrote:I still think it would look better on a blue shirt. The orange would show up better.

Blue would be perfect, and it's not just because I go to Auburn... Anywho, GMV

kevlar51

quality posts: 47 Private Messages kevlar51
Re: Unstealthiest Ninja

Wow! Wasn't this at 80-sum votes just a couple hours ago?

pure5152

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pure5152
Re: Scoville Scale

it looks like it's on brown to me.

love this shirt! nice take on the theme. hope this fogs and prints

jxchen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jxchen
Re: Foxfire

Tobias is correct in that if this submission is off theme, then so too would be the Firefly submission. It shows no flame and only has the word 'fire' in the title. The entry depicting the lighter and matches bowing also show no fire. This entry at least shows some amount of flame, though it is minimized in comparison to the characters.

If we're going to force artists to think in terms of technicality, perhaps they should create a derby for stereo instructions.

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
Re: Concerts will never be the same

I'm going to have to disagree with the cleverness. This joke has been made by pretty much every person that's ever seen the app or by anyone who's ever just held up a cell phone at a concert. I'm not saying it's lifted, but the idea itself is nothing special.

What really pulls the shirt down in my opinion is the faux sloppy shininess that can only be a mildly subtle attempt to trick ramy voters into clicking. Really not your best work by any stretch.

Must have phoned this one in......

emeycakes

quality posts: 11 Private Messages emeycakes
Re: Devil-ed Ham

I love this design!!! I would so wear this. It's hilarious.

thuglifemax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thuglifemax
Re: RESUB: Goldfish On Fire

THIS SHIRT IS PHENOMENAL
looks like it should be in an urban outfitters
whoever made this should just sell this on their own

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
jxchen wrote:Tobias is correct in that if this submission is off theme, then so too would be the Firefly submission. It shows no flame and only has the word 'fire' in the title. The entry depicting the lighter and matches bowing also show no fire. This entry at least shows some amount of flame, though it is minimized in comparison to the characters.

If we're going to force artists to think in terms of technicality, perhaps they should create a derby for stereo instructions.

I don't disagree that that should be rejected. This is, again, the FIRE derby. The main difference is that Firefly is a wearable, artistic design. that doesn't make it on theme. As for the lighter/match entries, you could certainly argue they should be rejected too, and if woot did so, there should be no whining. The difference there is that matches and lighters are directly and irrevocably linked to fire. Fireflies are not, and foxes are DEFINITELY NOT. That there is no fire around a match is less of an issue than no fire around a fox. this should be simple logic. But again, woot would be totally in the right to reject those entries, too.

This is a horrible argument. That other work would need to be rejected does not make this design on theme, or make it something that shouldn't be rejected. OBVIOUSLY a derby should reject ALL off theme work. It is simply more important to get rid of that which is off theme and also has no redeeming qualities. This is so much less on topic than the other designs which also would run the risk of rejection, and may indeed deserve to be rejected, that there is no excuse why this piece shouldn't be gone IMMEDIATELY and FIRST. If you're trying to cast a British actor in a film, and there's an Irish guy and an Italian in the wings waiting to audition, neither of them are what you're looking for, but the Italian probably shouldn't have been let in to begin with.

That doesn't limit the designers, either. Fire has lots of applications. You don't see it here because this is woot, but this is a wide-open theme. Artistry could run rampant, were this a site that went for that sort of thing. It is not limiting at all to require real, fiery fire to be present in a fire derby. It's not about forcing people into technicalities. It's about forcing people to follow the rules of the derby, and the theme is the biggest rule of all. If you are the sort of person who sees a theme like this as limiting anyone who stays on theme, you are not cut out for art. Art is about thinking outside the box. Fable has not done so, except insofar as the box said "make a design about fire," and she made a design about glowing.

teacookie

quality posts: 4 Private Messages teacookie
Re: Why dragons don't celebrate their birthday

its cute but whats that thing in it's hands thats being destroyed by fire?

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
fablefire wrote:

For those who missed this in chemistry:

How To Make Green Fire

How to Make Green Fire from Materials Found at Home

For those who missed this in art:

If it doesn't look like what you say it is, it isn't it to anyone judging it. If you want to make an abstract cubist nonsense painting and call it "mother in the kitchen," fine. If the theme is "kitchens," you can't enter it.

This does not look like fire. It looks like orbs and energy. It looks like one fox about to throw a hadoken, and another with m. bison fists. Besides the incredibly lazy concept (oooooh a kitsune...) it is incredibly lazy representation of fire. Not Everything Bright Is Fire. Fire may be colors other than orangey, but it also must.look.like.fire. This is so blatantly afterthought it's not funny. You wanted to make some glowy kitsune and made any connection to the theme (read: none) the absolute last element.

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
Re: First Time Burners

PixelPants wrote:Lots going on there to sink your eyes into. It's really well drawn and textured expo.

Thanks mate!! (o;

expo01

marzipanapple wrote:This is some excellent line/texture work.

Thanks!! (o;

expo01

theinfinityloop wrote:Good mixture of cute -and- creative in this one. +1!

Thanks!!

expo01

zosai wrote:this is great! definitely deserves more votes than it's getting, but it's got mine!

Thanks a lot zosai appreciated! (o;

expo01

Re: Laugh Gas

walmazan wrote:HAHAHA! love it!

Felicidades amigo, te quedo muy bien!

Mil Gracias amigoo!! , un poco desvelado pero termine! , q bueno q te gusto gracias por tu apoyo,

abrazooo! (o;

expo01

Andy47240 wrote:I really love your artwork. I am very glad that you started submitting here. Just hope you don't get bored with us and leave like so many others have.

Thanks for your words andy, im planning to stick around here as long and often as i can , thanks for your support man really appreciated.

cheers amigo! (o;

lkackman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lkackman
Re: Robot vs Dragon resub2

Oh, this is way better. I'm always happy if a suggestion helps. Anyway, GMV as always.

expo01

motorwerks wrote:This made me giggle like a little kid. I'll never outgrow butt humor.

(o;

lkackman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lkackman
Re: What Came First?

Pure awesomeness. Love what you did with it.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: The Dungeon of the Marshmallow King

Navy or black? I'm never sure on my monitor. Doesn't matter though. This is sa-Weet! If it prints, I'm in for one.

paigeg

Re: Fire Hydra

Looks great, but can you post a bigger pic or link to one? Love to see the detail...

paigeg

Hey, now, my thumbs are REAL happy about the new phone apps. I have two or three different ones on my Droid, and not one blister.
Reminds me - Disturbed is next week. Gotta see if they have this 'lighter' app for the Droid. Rock on!

paigeg

mrwednesday wrote:I'm going to have to disagree with the cleverness. This joke has been made by pretty much every person that's ever seen the app or by anyone who's ever just held up a cell phone at a concert. I'm not saying it's lifted, but the idea itself is nothing special.
What really pulls the shirt down in my opinion is the faux sloppy shininess that can only be a mildly subtle attempt to trick ramy voters into clicking. Really not your best work by any stretch.
Must have phoned this one in......

Pun alert ^
I have to disagree in part. Sure, not the best I've ever seen from tjost. But his really artful sub from last week failed, and the simplified version fogged but didn't win.
And tjost has used varied styles, one of which is a semi-chibi that is nevertheless better rendered and has better humor that most of ramyb's.
I dunno, maybe he pandered a tetch. But it still makes a cute shirt.

mpaulau2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mpaulau2
Re: Marshmellow

Haven't seen a t-shirt as good as this for a long time

paigeg

Re: Campfire Story

I have a problem. What color is that shirt? Man, if that's asphalt, I really need to look at my monitor settings. Because it looks gray.

paigeg

Re: invention of fire

Huh. I'm surprised this isn't getting more love - or the other version. Well, it's early. I know dragons are 'done' to most folks, but this is really nice. It deserves more votes.
Wait - I just realized your comp and thumb don't match. That's sure rejection. You should re-sub, quick.

hakoba

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hakoba
Re: Yes!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Lagbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert
Re: BURN!

Midgerock, this rocks! The crosshatch sketchy quality combines perfectly with the facial expression! +1 GMV

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Robot vs Dragon resub2

I like this version way better too, I LOVE the flames going through and into the robots head.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

nblottie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie
Re: Firestarter

The expressions are perfect.

nblottie

Re: Unstealthiest Ninja

Can never have enough ninja humor. Rock on!

nblottie

Re: The God of Fire

In a long list of +1's, here's one more.

Lagbert

Re: Campfire Story

You sir are a master of expressions! GMV +1

nblottie

Re: Bebe Burp

Great stuff man, GMV +1

Lagbert

walmazan wrote:Pop!

I hope you like it!

Some detail:

You design totally reminds me of this giant popcorn kernel made by some MIT students

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvRhH-rYhAw

GMV +1

bluejester

quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester
AdderXYU wrote:You ever hear of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? M.orons!

Truly you have a dizzying intellect...

As a side note, Fablefire I'm truly sorry you have to listen this guy the moment you show back up here. I can't speak for everyone, but I am glad to have you back here and say welcome back. And if it helps, just think of Adder as a squat, bald man with lisp who screams "Incontheebable!" at anything he has a problem with.

mikenytola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola

Very cool illo and take on fire. I don't think I could pull off a yellow shirt very good, but still like it.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen

I like! The layout, colors and characters all read very easily, and it's a joke anyone can appreciate. ^__^

nblottie

Re: Job Security

Meh I say, I love the design!

PixelPants

quality posts: 70 Private Messages PixelPants

Looks like those matches are in the firing line. It should come with the warning, 'Kid's, don't try this at home'. Another clever design expo.