Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
Re: Fox Maiden

Beautiful work Bass. I really love the flow and the colors.

bluejester

quality posts: 560 Private Messages bluejester
Re: Nightmare

This reminds me too much of the fire pokemon ponyta or rapidash...

travisharben

quality posts: 0 Private Messages travisharben
bluejester wrote:This reminds me too much of the fire pokemon ponyta or rapidash...

I can see why you say that though it isn't what I was going for.

neonlime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neonlime

Interesting, but I'd love to see it on black.

Nicely done!

tazbam3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tazbam3

Nice.

tazbam3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tazbam3
yankeebird wrote:Yeah, someone's not so good at following directions.

Which directions did I fail to follow? I am new here and constructive input would be appreciated.

Thanks

gaelyia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gaelyia

Really beautiful! Cream is a great choice for this shirt, cranberry would be ok too, but I love the colours as they are now.

gaelyia

Re: Tyger Tyger

This is my favourite! Please no blue, I love the cranberry, it's perfect. Good placement, design, and colours. I really hope I can buy this one.

gaelyia

Re: No one left to play with

I like that this makes me sad and amused at the same time.

Lish64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lish64

Great work, love the style. Also I think it looks quite fine on the cream color shirt.

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday

I think you pulled it off quite well. As much as I hate cream (and I really hate cream), it's not a bad choice. I think a dark colored shirt would really ruin the overall feeling of the design. I think white could be a good choice depending on how you decided to do the clouds. I also think a blue could also work because it might tie design into the sky a little more. Light blue or even royal but again I wouldn't go dark like navy.

The only other nitpick is that the fox itself says wolf more to me. Some of that is the lack of emphasis on the tail but the muzzle and the shoulder structure is much more lupine than vulpine.

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
Re: The Djinn V2.0

Didn't see the last one but this is one is great. It may be too late to climb, but it's got a good shot at an HM I think.

melquam

quality posts: 1 Private Messages melquam
Re: Meatyor

Death by meatball! What a delicious Apocalypse!

psctink

quality posts: 0 Private Messages psctink
Re: Scoville Scale

I WANT this shirt. I work in a Mexican restaurant and we use all of these in sauces. It would be the perfect shirt.

ittybittyx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ittybittyx
hecgraphic wrote:I want this so much, I'm going to cry if it doesn't win and I can't buy it.

Same here!

soccergrl475

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soccergrl475
Re: Aurora Vulcanis

I was sad that none of the aurora designs made it for that other derby not too long ago, so I really hope this one makes it. I love what you did with it, it's beautiful. I would definitely buy it.

fungusamongus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fungusamongus

This is stunningly beautiful. The blend of colors, the imagery, all of it is absolutely top notch!

gimmethatplz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gimmethatplz
Re: Dragon at rest

Looks like a tranny.

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea
theinfinityloop wrote:Questioning stuff is a good habit to have. I'd like to think these comment threads are for critiquing. Lately they can feel like a means to just kiss up. That makes me enjoy the derbies much less than questioning things.

I hear your arguments and what you're saying about subtlety. I'm just saying in my opinion this is still a stretch.

Ha, that's funny. I was just recently thinking that comment threads in general were so positive all the time. I'm not a big fan of angry comments, but it seemed like most were critique free.

As for this design, I have no opinion if it is on theme because I think "fire inspired" in the instructions is too problematic.

mdmbunny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdmbunny
walmazan wrote:love the colors and composition! great work!

Thank you very much! =8D

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Quite stunning, from the beautifully stylized fox to the sakura-fire color scheme.

Amazing art.

Spiritgreen

Re: it's the cycle bro

Welcome to Woot, MdMBunny! International Flipnote celebrity and cartoonist extraordinaire. ^__^

This is a brilliant first design, nice characters and colors and very wearable too. Got my vote.

chunkydesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chunkydesign

This is, without a doubt, one of the best designs on this derby, so let´s hope there´s still time for it to make into the fog, where it belongs.

rocketjohn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rocketjohn
AdderXYU wrote: Fire is not green. Bio-luminescence could be, but fire is not.

orly?

Copper oxide begs to differ:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTnVdH7YpVo b

And to keep this on topic - should the foxes not have more than one tail if they are to be the kitsune type?

Spiritgreen

Re: Robot Raze the City

This is really cool for your 1st sub, I hope you'll be coming back. The robot design is awesome!

I don't have any advice other than maybe the design is a little too straight on the right-hand side.

Spiritgreen

Re: Fireball

Disclaimer: Not to be used underground or in confined spaces. ^__^

Cool design graff'!

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 22 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth
rocketjohn wrote:orly?

Copper oxide begs to differ:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTnVdH7YpVo b

And to keep this on topic - should the foxes not have more than one tail if they are to be the kitsune type?

He already got pwnd over that statement earlier but with boron.

And, kitsune only start with one tail. Foxes or kitsune, these two are young, so I doubt they'd have more than 1 tail in the latter case. :D

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

mdmbunny

Spiritgreen wrote:Welcome to Woot, MdMBunny! International Flipnote celebrity and cartoonist extraordinaire. ^__^

This is a brilliant first design, nice characters and colors and very wearable too. Got my vote.

eh eh, thank you very much Spirit =ID

and thanks for you help with woot

see you around

phraze83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phraze83
Spiritgreen wrote:This is really cool for your 1st sub, I hope you'll be coming back. The robot design is awesome!

I don't have any advice other than maybe the design is a little too straight on the right-hand side.

Thanks Spiritgreen, I will be coming back for sure! It's nice to get some encouragement Thanks as well motorwerks!!

phraze83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phraze83

Absolutely beautiful!!

nblottie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie
walmazan wrote:you have talent! nice characters!

Thank you so much, I've been looking at your past works and you too are extremely talented. I'm extra impressed with how well you simplify ideas and make them instantly fun and recognizable.

nblottie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie
Re: The Ominous Fire Breathing Squirrel

This is my kind of shirt! Love the humor.

chunkydesign

Re: Unstealthiest Ninja

Not a ninja fan, but this is quite funny, and the expressions on the ninja´s faces are priceless. Well done!

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
tazbam3 wrote:Which directions did I fail to follow? I am new here and constructive input would be appreciated.

Thanks

It states on the entry submission page that you can only use a maximum of 6 Pantone spot colors. In the future, this thread may be of help as well. Also, woot has recently implemented these guidelines as well:

If you're using Photoshop, make certain that your halftones are at least 30 LPI for a full-size design at 300 DPI.

If you're using Illustrator, please submit your final art with gradients. We'll create the halftones on our end.

Each dot that makes up your halftone must be one solid color.

In my opinion, the best thing to do is look around through the other entries to get a feel for what is acceptable. If you notice that you're doing something completely different, it isn't that you're the only one to think of it, it's that there's a reason nobody else is.

chunkydesign

Re: it's the cycle bro

Shame this isn´t getting more attention and votes... It´s a cool design that looks great on the t-shirt, and very wearable, too.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow
emeycakes wrote:I love this design!!! I would so wear this. It's hilarious.

Thank you very much!

PotRoastPete

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PotRoastPete
Re: evolution of fire (resub)

This is too good to have this few votes! I really like the look!

Dutchbunch5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dutchbunch5
Re: Ring of Fire

Yes, I agree, I like it vertical rather than across the chest.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow

Since no one else has said it, and I can't resist puns, that's one foxy lady!
Truly amazing.

mdmbunny

chunkydesign wrote:Shame this isn´t getting more attention and votes... It´s a cool design that looks great on the t-shirt, and very wearable, too.

thank you very much!

I'll try to get more attention in the future :P