hashimotoyoshio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hashimotoyoshio
gimmethatplz wrote:Looks like a tranny.

huwaaa!?? WHy, Cuz of the hair?

mizzangelica

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mizzangelica
Re: Works Every Time

The fire guy reminds me a lot of cumsprite.

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
mrwednesday wrote:I'm going to have to disagree with the cleverness. This joke has been made by pretty much every person that's ever seen the app or by anyone who's ever just held up a cell phone at a concert. I'm not saying it's lifted, but the idea itself is nothing special.

What really pulls the shirt down in my opinion is the faux sloppy shininess that can only be a mildly subtle attempt to trick ramy voters into clicking. Really not your best work by any stretch.

Must have phoned this one in......

Here's a cool little art lesson, plastic and polished metal reflect when non diffused light shine on them Both the phone and lighter are made out of these materials hence shine. I like giving my pieces dimension, and adding simple high lights and low lights enables this. These practices were being used in cartooning long before Ramy or I came onto the scene and I suspect will continue on past us. I don't however put shiny "spots" on furry or non shiny animals or surfaces like some other artists though.

On the idea, I appreciate your critique, it's valid. The joke has been around since cell phones started to enter into the mainstream and have glowy screens. However after looking for similar use through many sites I wasn't able to find anything similar to this so I thought it fair game as far as being unique was concerned. Sorry you don't like it, maybe next time though

Thanks to everyone else who likes this though. I appreciate it

mindslashed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mindslashed
gimmethatplz wrote:Looks like a tranny.

right, because there's so many tranny's running around out there with a dragon and 6-pack abs... * eye roll *

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
tjost wrote:I like my Droid X better too, but the fact remains, for the time being at least, that iPhones have a greater market saturation then Android or any other smart OS enabled phone. Plus Android phones come in all shapes and colors while Apples are a little more uniform in appearance.

Naw, Android has surpassed iPhone. And Blackberry is more prevalent than both.

http://www.informationweek.com/news/smb/mobile/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=229000356

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
pure5152 wrote:now try eating a ghost chili xD

I intend to someday! I'm just scared of what I've read about the method that I thought I would try:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/chunkys-burgers-san-antoniop

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow
Re: A Brif History of the Aha Moment Ver 2

Now in blue! Thanks to Midgerock and Freezo1994 for suggesting the color change.

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Re: A Brif History of the Aha Moment Ver 2

looks sweet on the blue!
gmv!

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
sTyLeS wrote:Naw, Android has surpassed iPhone. And Blackberry is more prevalent than both.

http://www.informationweek.com/news/smb/mobile/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=229000356

Let me clarify, the iphones are the highest as far as single type of phone. There are more android os phones but not of a single type and not all android phones are on the same level or running the same os. RIM is starting to die because they sat on their laurels too long they just recently got phones that could actually surf the web using html browsers. Apple has the most visual prescence and will remain around for a while especially because of the new verizon deal. But like I said I like my Droid X

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
tjost wrote:Let me clarify, the iphones are the highest as far as single type of phone. There are more android os phones but not of a single type and not all android phones are on the same level or running the same os. RIM is starting to die because they sat on their laurels too long they just recently got phones that could actually surf the web using html browsers. Apple has the most visual prescence and will remain around for a while especially because of the new verizon deal. But like I said I like my Droid X

You people with your fancy phones. Some of us are still on Sprint, with our lowly Palm Centros. MLEEHHHH :P (don't even get a Windows 7 phone over there, daaaaang)

whonation

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whonation

Unfortunate Implications
( I hope)
I have family in NYC and and I just look at this and go nope- wouldn't be able to wear this arround them

Absconder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Absconder
Re: Scoville Scale

If this shirt prints, I'm in for three. Love it.

kevlar51

quality posts: 45 Private Messages kevlar51
Re: Camping Out Under the Bubbles

Thanks a lot; always appreciate the support!

trixydan

quality posts: 8 Private Messages trixydan
Schrobblehead wrote:definitely brown. I have that problem sometimes too. especially with navy and brown. and thanks!

Thanks for all your comments!

Great holy mother of us all! What forsaken armpit backcountry corner of the world do you live in?!! that people would blaspheme to such an extreme as to desecrate the sanctity of ceviche with katsup!!!!!! No, no, I'll be all right....just need to lie down for a bit.... Got myself a little worked up.

Necrotech

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Necrotech
blanked wrote:Did you mean for this to be on the brown shirt? Cause tht is one huge block of color on cream if not.

Too much? Should the shirt just be brown? I wasn't really sure what the rest of the shirt color should be . The brown was placed to let me know how much space the design was allowed.

pfaver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pfaver
Re: You're Fired!

ha ha, rich!

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
trixydan wrote:Great holy mother of us all! What forsaken armpit backcountry corner of the world do you live in?!! that people would blaspheme to such an extreme as to desecrate the sanctity of ceviche with katsup!!!!!! No, no, I'll be all right....just need to lie down for a bit.... Got myself a little worked up.

Hahaha. That's a quote from Anthony Bourdain. Apparently it's a common practice in Ecuador. Sounds disgusting.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Draug wrote:I'm a sucker for moths. Voted lol

Thanks! I think it came out real nice with the shadows.

Nightshooter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Nightshooter
Re: The God of Fire

Such an evil shirt, what is wrong with you

SkekTek

Re: Bebe Burp

Now, everything about this is awesome except the bird with his tail on fire. Why why why??? Fine, torch some squirrels and butterflies, but the poor bird? I like birds!!

Seriously, this is amazing- the shading is spot on, and I love the trees. GMV!

SkekTek

Re: Meatyor

Poor meatwad!

SkekTek

Re: Scoville Scale

Awesome. I teach this in my Gen Bio class. And for those of you that want a free lesson- the chemical in hot peppers (capsaicin) doesn't stimulate taste buds, they stimulate pain receptors...

loathing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages loathing
Re: Face in the Flames

Rest assured there are no gradients on this, it's all halftones, 5 colors on black. Probably too late to mater, but I wanted to share this.

loathing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages loathing

Rest assured there are no gradients on this, it's all halftones, 5 colors on black. Probably too late to mater, but I wanted to share this.

jwaal

quality posts: 25 Private Messages jwaal

dpbowl842

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dpbowl842
Re: No one left to play with

this will go nicely with my

Soulmates

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
Necrotech wrote:Too much? Should the shirt just be brown? I wasn't really sure what the rest of the shirt color should be . The brown was placed to let me know how much space the design was allowed.

If you're wondering about the minute detail of submitting ask someone who has done it

As for the block of color... many feel that is makes a design something between blocky and unwearable.

blanked

hunterm94 wrote:I don't understand why parts of the left fox are green and other parts look like a normal fox. Can someone explain it to me?

If you read the artist's post you will see the fox are based on a mythical creature that can control fire. So they are pulling the green fire from their fur, concentrating it enough that you can see fire at their paws.

blanked

Re: Heart Burn v.2

It is a bit girlie for my tastes, but I like the largeness of the first better, something about the full shirt design was appealing, tho normally I go for side placements. I think the blue went better too, but that may just be cause I know what the color is in real life.

wolfchik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wolfchik
Re: The Fire Burns Within

really reminds me of the window in The Crow

Lagbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert
Re: All Out of Fire

From the Derby Prompt:

"Give us your best fire depictions, fire aftermath, fire-inspired designs. Go!"

I decided to go with the aftermath of fire angle. What's Hell like once the fire is gone? Probably pretty darn cold.

It's been ages since I did a shirt design without using Inkscape, so I thought I would try to do this derby all by hand. It's a bit of a different work flow than I'm used to, but I'm pretty happy with the results.

Comments and suggestions are always appreciated!

Thanks!

wolfchik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wolfchik
bluejester wrote:This reminds me too much of the fire pokemon ponyta or rapidash...

huh, i was thinking the last unicorn -minus the horn

Lagbert

Re: Face in the Flames

The face reminds me of the Think from the Fantasic 4 and Hellboy. Nice use of texture on the stone.

H2ORip

quality posts: 1 Private Messages H2ORip

I love the design, not really seeing it in the 'fire' category completely though so it won't get my vote for this one. For a more fishy derby, I'd be all for it :p

H2ORip

Lagbert

Re: literal fireman

Excellent use of texture! Stylistically, this reminds me of the Hungry, Hungry Caterpillar. I like how you used the trailing flames to add to the sense of motion.

GMV +1

Lagbert

Re: Flame Keeper

Your use of shape and color are excellent, but placement just feels odd to me.

Welcome to the shirt.woot derby. Looking forward to seeing your future entries.

Good Luck!

P.S.: You may want to check out the GNU Image Manipulation Program (GIMP for short). It's an open source photoshop clone. It has a very versatile halftoning system. http://www.gimp.org

H2ORip

Re: Fox Maiden

Would be in for one if i had a girlfriend to give it to. Absolutely beautiful design. I'll give ya my vote.

H2ORip

Re: Marshmellow

Cute overload, love the design though I don't think I'd buy it, its adorable! (If I had kids i'd grab it for sure)

thaoneworthleaving

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thaoneworthleaving
spratman wrote:thanx! Yea I think I might have over done the cuteness level on the baby dragon.

I think it's perfect. So adorable!