Oxyminoan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Oxyminoan
Leudast wrote:I have lost all hope for Woot. If this doesn't print I'll burn all my shirts and never buy from this site again. Its so sad that 'cute' wins over talent every time. Such a waste.

This. I have no idea why I bother coming to this site anymore. Guess I'm just a masochist...and I'm only a distant observer, I can only imagine the frustration some of these artists feel.

ocdboy777

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ocdboy777
Re: Scoville Scale

This is the first time I've asked a artist to please let me know if this prints somewhere else. I always buy shirts on here for my 4 year old son. This will be the first one for myself. I WANT THIS SHIRT!

agincourtdb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages agincourtdb
Re: No one left to play with

I love this one! I'd buy this, definitely.

son123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages son123
Re: Yes!

yes!

escadyn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages escadyn

This is a shirt I would buy multiples of just in case I meet a fellow pepper-lover.

-Escadyn Wraithowl III

hashimotoyoshio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hashimotoyoshio
tickldpink wrote:going to share on my fb page for ya

Thank you very much. I really like to see that sort of support. Makes me feel good!

ruga

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ruga

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea
renegadetim wrote:Really? Calm down...

How is this offensive to homosexuals? A "POTENTIAL pejorative adjective"? Well, are you saying this is like african americans using the N word? Because, homosexuals and lots of other people use "Flaming" as an adjective that aren't belittling homosexuals. So homosexuals are allowed to say it, but if someone else does, it's "pejorative"?

And homophobia on a shirt? What!?

In my opinion, I'd think ONLY homosexuals would want to wear this shirt.

However, I personally have no homosexual clout, as a straight guy, so my opinion here may not mean much. I personally don't see the big deal here though.

The artist used a visual pun to fit the derby. I doubt he/she is homophobic. Relax

And to say clearly someone found it offensive, because it got rejected, doesn't do much for me because you were probably the person responsible for it.

I don't work for woot, ergo it's impossible for me to reject it. Also, you're wrong.

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea
melquam wrote:Phew... at least we're on the same side of the fence and I don't have to argue with someone who is homophobic.

That being said, being flaming or flamboyant is not negative, it's just a state of being. Just because the term flaming, and the rainbow are associated with hoopy people doesn't make their usage an insult nor does it make it offensive. If that were the case, there could be no depiction of a flamboyant hoopy person that would be acceptable by your and/or woot's standards. And that, in my opinion, is slightly ridiculous.

The character that I drew was not doing anything offensive, salacious, sexual, or negative. In fact, he was purposely drawn as someone who is happy and proud of who he is. Even his little dog is happy and proud.

I'm not sure if you remember Jewelwing's submission with the baby carots. Woot rejected that shirt too. And those were just flamboyant carrots. People come in all flavors. I think the rejectionator should be a little more mindful of that.

*NOTE* I know their reason for Jewelwing's rejection was "off topic" but the design was a Stephen Colbert reference to a fear of baby carrots turning him hoopy (woot edited). Very much on topic. I personally think they just reject anything with any homosexual references.

I can't help you understand this, but you're wrong.

nakedart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nakedart

I love this shirt! Why haven't more people voted for it? I'd buy it.

www.lillyangeorge.com

pfaver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pfaver

lovepuff

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lovepuff
Re: Firefly

Whether or not this shirt was the best in the derby is indeed debatable, but to not even place in the fog? This was one of the only two designs in the entire derby I'd actually consider buying...

wootmuh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootmuh

Holy crap! This is an instabuy!!!

wootmuh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootmuh

INSTABUY!!

wburke4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wburke4
Re: Second Hand Smoke

wish you would have made it in...this is the only shirt i enjoyed from the derby this week, the rest look like a 2nd grader designed them and who wants to wear a dragon on their shirt

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

this shirt should have printed

that was fun while it lasted!

renegadetim

quality posts: 12 Private Messages renegadetim
CapSea wrote:I don't work for woot, ergo it's impossible for me to reject it. Also, you're wrong.

Of course I am... Nice one. I meant you probably tattled on it, which was enough for woot to reject it. But, woot could have rejected it otherwise I suppose.

jayco614

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jayco614
Re: Concerts will never be the same

Can you redesign this so that it's the white iPhone instead? Great, thx!

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129
Re: EPIC FIRE SAFETY DIAGRAM

So brilliant. Love this design.

kanedax

quality posts: 9 Private Messages kanedax
Re: EPIC FIRE SAFETY DIAGRAM

I think... Yeah, I think I'm going to have to get this. But one question before I get it, since someone else is going to ask: What is happening in panel 12? Is that smoke? Ground? Water?

Woot x13
ShirtWoot x26
KidsWoot x5

kiriwren

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kiriwren

Might you be posting this elsewhere? I love it and would definitely buy it!

sully51

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sully51
kanedax wrote:I think... Yeah, I think I'm going to have to get this. But one question before I get it, since someone else is going to ask: What is happening in panel 12? Is that smoke? Ground? Water?

He's hopping.

melquam

quality posts: 1 Private Messages melquam
CapSea wrote:I can't help you understand this, but you're wrong.

It's difficult to argue with "you're wrong."

Although I'm not the spokesperson for all homosexuals, I would tend to agree with renegadetim when he said my shirt design would possibly mostly appeal to homosexuals. Not offend them.

Obviously you are against homophobia, but that doesn't mean need to take it upon yourself to feel offended for everyone. Especially when no offense occurred.

The depiction of flamboyancy, open homosexuality, effeminate men, macho women, same sex coupling, rainbows, triangles, etc. does not automatically constitute homophobia.

So, I kindly reject your "you're wrong," and wish you well. On to the next derby.

Gregarich

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Gregarich

Foxfire was the most intelligent and beautiful design in this derby. it would be a crime not to print this shirt.

Dragonfancy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dragonfancy
Re: Lazy Salamander enjoys his bed of coals

Really wish this would print- Looove Fire salamanders Have had several as pets even

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 24 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth
Re: Foxfire

I still want one, heh.

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

tigerthief

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tigerthief
Re: Melting Defenses

Awesome design! Also congrats on being today's woot. I love how the flame of fire is a dragon.

elnumbre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elnumbre
Re: RESUB: Goldfish On Fire

I'd probably go for it if it wasn't yellow..

ssoria

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ssoria

Really surprised this wasn't top 3. Hope it makes a runner up derby soon, because I definitely want this shirt.

bsurbeck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bsurbeck
Re: Friendly fire (resub)

Like this one a lot!

agincourtdb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages agincourtdb
Re: Firefly

Yeah, if woot isn't going to make this, the designer needs to self-publish (better term?) because this needs to be a shirt on my body.

stuntevo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stuntevo

Really, let us know if this gets printed on shirts, I'd buy at least 2, have you tried tanga?

ThunderPandaFury

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ThunderPandaFury

PANDA IS PLEASED.
CONGRATS, SCHROBBIZZLES.

THUNDERPANDA LOVED PANDAS BEFORE IT WAS COOL.

toodamnninja

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toodamnninja
Re: Unstealthiest Ninja

oh yes, i must have this. ^_^

infam0u5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages infam0u5

I would like to buy this shirt.. has a certain attitude and yet solitude about it...

infam0u5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages infam0u5

I agree all black would be cool.

Zagazoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zagazoo
syncsyn wrote:I would love this shirt but not in pink... Black, grey, white? Any of those colors would be better than pink..

Ps - I own several pink shirts... this one with the yellow/gold and orange all up in it doesn't go with the pink as well as i would like... Preference obviously but you may get more sales with some preferential opinion poling/consideration.

No spell check on this sorry for spelling errors.

Thanks for the input, yeah I tried it out on a gray shirt and it looked awesome. Probably should have done more experimenting with T-shirt color before I entered. What do you mean preferential opinion poll? I'm new here and not exactly that savvy yet. Is it a forum I post on or something?