Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: Flame, Set, Match

Epic cuteness.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
Re: Yes!

I know I should keep my heart out of this, but I have a *burning* passion for Edgar fashion.

clarinerd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages clarinerd
Re: A Practical Guide

I started reading this right to left and got very confused very quickly. It makes much more sense going down.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Dances with Fire

A design I'm very fond of. What does a moth see in a flame? Perhaps it's welcoming arms in the flickering...

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Baby Dragons Equal Flame Throwers

Damn, this came out even BETTER than I'd imagined. GMV!!!

dooomcat

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dooomcat

This is clever! Definitely my favorite marshmallow one (I never would have thought there'd be so many!)

zackjuwayyid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zackjuwayyid
Re: Camping Out Under the Bubbles

Defiantly THE BEST shirt design in the derby so far! I hope this wins! I REALLY hope this wins!

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

Oh, yes. Yes, please. Yes, indeed. GMV, as enthusiastically as ever!

hecgraphic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hecgraphic

I want this so much, I'm going to cry if it doesn't win and I can't buy it. I used to have a hedgehog named herbie.

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic

Thank you all for the wonderful comments! I appreciate it greatly

uniique wrote:looking awesome! great colors - everything works really well together. really stoked you added the goblins. (i suggested that! *beam* so i get a cut if youwin, right? ;D )

Believe it or not, I intended to add them all along. Well, I was planning to add something. I was caught between adding goblins/ ogres (which where too big I felt), headless plucked chickens, or another dragon (fight fire with fire... literally).

chumpmagic

ramyb wrote:If you look closely, it actually does. I had originally planned to make it more obvious, but the white color of the marshmallow makes it very strange to position the fire in front of it because it gives a contruction paper feel to it instead of the bright glowing look that I think fire should have, so I just put a hint of it on each side (on the marshmallow's body and a bit across in front of the chocolate).

Thanks everyone for the kind words on the design

Ah, I gotcha. Yeah light color on light color is hard to sell most of the time. I was interpreting the break in the flame differently.

tbwulf

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tbwulf
Re: Friendly fire

That's a rabbit, not a bunny, right?

littleclyde

quality posts: 16 Private Messages littleclyde
Re: Tyger Tyger

Guess the colors were a bit off on the first version. On cranberry. Four colors. Please revote!

hashimotoyoshio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hashimotoyoshio
Re: Dragon at rest

So I have a question for the Woot community at large. I obviously have artistic talent. Meh, a little. I would like to know what are some of the qualities that you would like or have seen others like to see on Woot. I'm drawing for an audience so I'd like to know of what I should be keeping in mind. Any advice will be heeded. Thanks in advance.

penthus

quality posts: 3 Private Messages penthus
hashimotoyoshio wrote:I like your style, Good form, nice eye for anatomy. Good stuff.

Thank you! I was thinking about doing some shading or highlighting (for some reason, I can't get halftones to work right, I fought with it for hours with no success), but I sort of liked it as it was.

Any tips/suggestions are welcome!

tbwulf

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tbwulf

Nice, I'd wear it and I don't even like the color red.

uniique

quality posts: 2 Private Messages uniique
chumpmagic wrote:Thank you all for the wonderful comments! I appreciate it greatly

Believe it or not, I intended to add them all along. Well, I was planning to add something. I was caught between adding goblins/ ogres (which where too big I felt), headless plucked chickens, or another dragon (fight fire with fire... literally).

k, you're off the hook. jk
all your ideas were excellent, but goblins the best. Aced it!

uniique

Re: Fireball

there it is! looking awesome
i summon firey death! massive fireball. must be high level

somwatstrange

quality posts: 2 Private Messages somwatstrange

Too bad you had to resub. Fortunately it's still early in the game. Good luck to ya!

I had something to say, but I seem to have forgotten it.

chumpmagic

D3lusional wrote:I like the idea and I love your style, but the illustration looks poor, like you didn't really put a lot into this one. Not that I would blame you if that's the case as I would be surprised to see you win another derby.

Just because the line are rough or wavy does that make it poor? I am just curious...

Too me, its a great illustration. The overall concept, the facial expression, and the body movement are all very readable. The overall composition and a character placement is well thought out too.

I will admit he has done "cleaner" stuff in the past and it does have a "rushed" looked to it (whether it was truly rushed or not), but I wouldn't say the illustration looks poor at all. If it was poor , then we would have no idea as to what's going on in this piece. It's so strange and awkward, that our minds need to piece it together instead of instant recognition. Thats my 2 cents at least...

btw... Great work. I enjoy it!

uniique

Re: Little Billy wanted to be an Arsonist

excellent style. i really like this +1GMV
i'd really like to try this style. difficult to get my head to change gears tho. looks easy, hard to do. looks great :D

uniique

pretty darn sweet. GMV

bluejester

quality posts: 559 Private Messages bluejester
Re: EPIC FIRE SAFETY DIAGRAM

I don't want one...

I NEEEEEED ONE!!! Love the final product here.

GMV

uniique

Re: Staying Cool by the Cube

rofl! something about their expressions and body shapes that makes it hilarious. love this

uniique

Re: Danger, Fire... Attack!!!

great idea. i love the one squeezing out of the dribble hole :D
super expressions

uniique

Re: It came from the sky

good work. nice depth in the shilouettes +1!

bluejester

quality posts: 559 Private Messages bluejester
Re: Melting Defenses

Where's the requisite graham cracker?

professorbootyxxx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages professorbootyxxx
Re: Danger, Fire... Attack!!!

This is freaking adorable! I agree. Their expressions are fantastic! I would be proud to sport this.

chumpmagic

Re: Of Shadow and Flame

Great work, Truffle! I like how you seem to bring something new to the table every week (like the intense lighting and silhouetting here), but some how still keep a general style. I like it!

professorbootyxxx

Re: Friendly fire

Can you resub with a groundhog or something in the bunny's place? This is totally adorable!

spratman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages spratman
hashimotoyoshio wrote:So I have a question for the Woot community at large. I obviously have artistic talent. Meh, a little. I would like to know what are some of the qualities that you would like or have seen others like to see on Woot. I'm drawing for an audience so I'd like to know of what I should be keeping in mind. Any advice will be heeded. Thanks in advance.

Simple. Check out The Reckoning, you see all the best sellers. It's a pretty wide range tho', I'd stick with what you know and refine and practice that.

wolfchik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wolfchik
bluejester wrote:I'm not sure whether I want to laugh or cry when I see this.

But it is awesome. GMV

my thoughts exactly!

beautifully done!

uniique

Re: tiger tiger

cool cat origami. a most clever idea +1!

uniique

Re: Go together like fire and water

looks great robert! lays nice on brown
plays nice in my head. cool concept GMV!

professorbootyxxx

Re: Marshmellow

This would sell well as a kid or woman's shirt. Super adorable!!!

10 Squees for this.

uniique

squeee! this tee makes me squee with joy. superior expression and nice colorful dabs on his fur. me likie

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

I....I'm sorry, so so so sorry to be saying this, but...
No.
This is not vintage Edgar. I can't get behind this one. [Like that's worth anything.]

:<

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

uniique

Re: The Firey Eye of Providence

love the flame coming off the iris. good job!

gentrys

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gentrys

Thanks, I was affraid the renewal idea was too understated.

uniique

Re: Firestarter

very cool classic style. glad you added the dotted line, really brings it together. nice!