NightGhost

quality posts: 1908 Private Messages NightGhost

Congratulations on the sellout to patrickspens. You are the Gandalf of Woot!

blackeyeliner

quality posts: 2 Private Messages blackeyeliner
tazfreeatlast wrote:This shirt reminds me more of the original pc game Diablo, than the Lord of the Rings movies or books.

Soon as I saw it I was thinking about Diablo in Diablo 2.

freyausa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages freyausa

Drat! I just signed up to buy my first shirt. Congrats on the sell out, but...mega pout!

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

freyausa wrote:Drat! I just signed up to buy my first shirt. Congrats on the sell out, but...mega pout!

Hi! Welcome to woot!

This shirt will be for sale again starting tomorrow--HERE--at $15. ALL shirts continue to be sold after the first day of sale. Every single shirt provides a link to its next-day-sale page in the first comment of its shirt-specific forum thread. A shirt will remain for sale (at $15) until reckoned.

To find out what shirts are available for sale on any given day--other than the obvious "shirt of the day" on the front shirt.woot page--please click on the "reckoning" link found in the top right corner of any shirt.woot page. All the shirt thumbnails in the reckoning are shirts that are still for sale. Click on the thumbnail or title and you will be taken to the shirt's order page.

Catkicker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Catkicker
a2j82 wrote:So does that base this shirt off the movies? Because in the books Aragorn had Anduril when they left Rivendell. Or did I just totally trump your geekiness?

its certainly based on the movies, look at the pillars in the halls of moria in the background of the shirt. that said, i dont remember if there is ever reference to andril in the movies. so, that could be the longsword he has, just not called by name. i had forgotten that he was carrying a named sword even as strider though.

edit: ah, just read an above poster that wiki'd it. its been a decade or more since i read the books, and i was thinking of the movie timeline and not the books. damn it, now i need to find my old copies of the books and reread them...again good thing im retired and have the time

Nightmry

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Nightmry
freyausa wrote:Drat! I just signed up to buy my first shirt. Congrats on the sell out, but...mega pout!

You can buy it tomorrow for $15. Just go to the Reckoning page and click on the desired T-shirt pic.

Catkicker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Catkicker

hum, it just hit me that maybe that balrogs name is lenny small

think of mice and men if you didnt recognize the name

mommycoolcoolperson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mommycoolcoolperson

NOOOOO!!!! Not Gandolf!! Oh, well.. at least he can have cleaner looking hair now.

legitimatepotato

quality posts: 0 Private Messages legitimatepotato
Tersch wrote:That settles it. Balrog's have wings.

Did someone deny that it had wings?

IgnatiusRiley

quality posts: 1 Private Messages IgnatiusRiley

Just a couple of hours ago at work I remembered that I wanted to go on woot this morning, because I was certain this shirt was going to win and even more certain that it would be sold out by the time I got home.

Sometimes I hate being right.

loaba

quality posts: 31 Private Messages loaba

Where's Boromir's shield? Come on, dude, why you gotta dis Gondor like that?

Mclargehuge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mclargehuge

On these rare occasions that the shirt doesn't suck, they are sold out. Hey guys, when the shirt doesn't suck please make more.

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

Mclargehuge wrote:On these rare occasions that the shirt doesn't suck, they are sold out. Hey guys, when the shirt doesn't suck please make more.

They do. Tomorrow. For $5 extra. Every shirt. Sellout or not. See a few posts above for more details.

stevedalbey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevedalbey

Deathwing FTW!

jkats14

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jkats14
Mclargehuge wrote:On these rare occasions that the shirt doesn't suck, they are sold out. Hey guys, when the shirt doesn't suck please make more.

Rare occasions?
Excuse me, but they are usually awesome. It's rare occasions where they are bad.
The top 1-2 derby winners are always fantastic.

NightGhost

quality posts: 1908 Private Messages NightGhost

''Oh, long may my lady look
With a lantern in her hand
Before she sees my bonny ship
Come sailing homewards to dry land.''
Forty miles off Aberdeen
The water's fifty fathoms deep
There lies good Sir Patrick Spens
With the Scots lords at his feet.

wulamoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wulamoc

I would have voted for this...

but it reminds me of the creature from Alien Resurrection and that alien is terribly disconcerting.

louiemctool

quality posts: 0 Private Messages louiemctool
a2j82 wrote:So does that base this shirt off the movies? Because in the books Aragorn had Anduril when they left Rivendell. Or did I just totally trump your geekiness?

oh, snap.

shutupsara

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shutupsara

Just what I always wanted! My own little adevnturer! I will name him George, and I will hug him, and pet him, and squeeze him - *BURP* .... Dangit

michaelcosdon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michaelcosdon

I would probably order one if it weren't historically inaccurate.

jrbogues

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrbogues

Sadly, this is much like our attempts at raiding in the new wow expansion. Bought one for our GM lol

Great design, my favorite one in a loooong while.

rachelhasty06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rachelhasty06

I think I'm in love.. (with this shirt, that is.)

Kasona

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kasona

Got my shirt in the mail today! (I bought it for $12 during the wootoff because I missed it the first day)
I am very impressed with the quality of the print! I thought the image online looked great, and it looks even better on the shirt than I expected!
It's definitely my favorite of the several woot shirts I have now.

Lushadow357

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lushadow357

not only is this awesome for LOTR fans but because of world of warcraft cata having deathwing people also relate to this shirt from that game double win!

almuric

quality posts: 0 Private Messages almuric

I have yet to receive the one I ordered on 1/25/11. Here's the FedEx tracking info: http://www.fedex.com/Tracking?tracknumbers=02185456301087677468

Should I be worried?

Alex

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

almuric wrote:I have yet to receive the one I ordered on 1/25/11. Here's the FedEx tracking info: http://www.fedex.com/Tracking?tracknumbers=02185456301087677468

Should I be worried?

Alex

Dallas/FW--and thus Woot!--was iced over/snowed under last week, and so pretty much shut down. The Fedex facilities in Dallas/FW actually closed for much of last week. In addition to last week's weather disaster there, today Dallas/FW is iced over again, slowing down whatever has opened up/started again. So even if Woot was able to get to work and get your shirts printed and packaged through last week, Fedex probably hadn't--and perhaps still hasn't?--even gotten around to picking them up to deliver.
Plus, now that they're back at work, they probably have a crazy-dense backlog of orders to work on printing up and getting out.
For recently updated, proper info from real staff, please read here.

lisaholland

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lisaholland

I bought this tshirt and I love it. The poor guy looks so sad. But I was turned on by the fire so I got one. Great shirt !!!

lisaholland

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lisaholland

I bought this tshirt and I love it. The poor guy looks so sad. But I was turned on by the fire so I got one. Great shirt !!!

curzedx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages curzedx

God, I just love the look on his facel ol.

Carenath

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Carenath

This shirt brings to mind a sad question.

How many think of things from Onyxia's perspective, and how Onyxia must feel after a wipe?

elsendor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elsendor
zekecatz wrote:Not Legolas! Elves are supposed to be immortal.

...difference between immortal and invincible. Proved time and time again throughout Tolkien's works.

raiderj33

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raiderj33

I love all your Lord of the Rings shirts...just sad I was never able to purchase "Soulmates" before it disappeared...oh well that's what I get for slackin'!

Raiderj
I-o-I

jnebarton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jnebarton
bluejester wrote:Well, at least they don't have to listen to that Enya song at the end...

Boo! It was Anne Lennox and it won an academy award!

jbassman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbassman

Oh No!! This has been reckoned and I missed out. Is there anyway to get one still?

Heard!

WootFlair

quality posts: 10 Private Messages WootFlair
jbassman wrote:Oh No!! This has been reckoned and I missed out. Is there anyway to get one still?

You might try heading over to http://teetrade.org/. Maybe someone has one up, or you can post you are in need of one.

Thinaeariel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Thinaeariel

My heart just broke a little, Knowing I can never have this shirt :-(

stygiania

quality posts: 6 Private Messages stygiania

Just scored one of these in a 3-pack of random shirts on kids.woot. Too bad it isn't my size.

Six Woots
Fifteen Shirt.Woots
Five Kids.Woots