Jason Toon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Jason Toon

We're announcing the T-List Awards for our best shirts of 2010 all week on the Shirt.Woot blog. See, you KNEW there was a reason to get out of bed today.

T-shirt design is an immediate medium. Whether it's supposed to be funny or cute or cool-looking, we expect to be able to "get" a shirt design in the few seconds it takes for someone to walk past us on the street. We don't usually have the luxury of stopping to admire the more subtle aspects of the design. So this category recognizes the 2010 Shirt.Woot designs that, we think, exhibit particular skill, talent, merit, whatever you wanna call it. These shirts were drawn real good.

Best Use of Color
The Umbrellas
by cmdixon2

Best Linework
Kólga, The Chilling Wave
by Peter Kramar

Best Composition
The Butterfly Defect
by Rachel Caldwell

Best Use of Light
“Buzz Aldrin” Always Sounded Like a Sports Name
by DeadFrog

Best Use of Type
@–@
by David Staffell

Triple-S Award for Style, Sophistication, & Subtlety
Crane Technique
by Steven Rhodes

Take a bow, winners. You prettied up our little web page some'm nice this past year. Our eyeballs and souls thank you for it.

Tomorrow, we won't salute any shirts. Instead, we'll celebrate the Shirt.Woot community members who made this site go in 2010. Will you take home a T-List Award? Tune in tomorrow...

Quality Posts

• (12:45 PM, 2/1/2011) [STAFF] tgentry wants to know about your picks!

sittle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sittle

Tomorrow, we won't salute any shirts. Instead, we'll celebrate the Shirt.Woot community members who made this site go in 2010. Will you take home a T-List Award? Tune in tomorrow...

What are the categories... Favourite whiner? Best probation? Most outrage? Number one sychophant?...

clarinerd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages clarinerd
sittle wrote:Tomorrow, we won't salute any shirts. Instead, we'll celebrate the Shirt.Woot community members who made this site go in 2010. Will you take home a T-List Award? Tune in tomorrow...

What are the categories... Favourite whiner? Best probation? Most outrage? Number one sychophant?...

My guess is most posts, most quality posts and most shirts bought. But I really have no idea.

Also, great job to all of you winners today!!

thatrobert

quality posts: 29 Private Messages thatrobert

If I would have known there was a sycophant award I would have tried harder...

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 11 Private Messages SeedUvPain
thatrobert wrote:If I would have known there was a sycophant award I would have tried harder...

There's always next year

sittle

thatrobert wrote:If I would have known there was a sycophant award I would have tried harder...

... I've just bought a new set of knee pads and have been practicing my smile...

thurdl01

quality posts: 11 Private Messages thurdl01

My money's on Adder getting something.

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan
thurdl01 wrote:My money's on Adder getting something.

^ agree!

kaedex99

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kaedex99

I was only turned on to Woot a few months ago, so I haven't been around to see what came before then. Seeing these past winners is neat; they're all gorgeous, but the Buzz Aldrin one blows me away with the reflection in his helmet. They all definitely give me something to aspire to.

So neat. This T-List thing was really educational for me. Congratulations, to everyone involved and those who are being recognized. -:]

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
kaedex99 wrote:I was only turned on to Woot a few months ago, so I haven't been around to see what came before then. Seeing these past winners is neat; they're all gorgeous, but the Buzz Aldrin one blows me away with the reflection in his helmet. They all definitely give me something to aspire to.

300+ votes with your second entry... pretty dang good.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Great choices, Woot!

bluejester

quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester
walmazan wrote:^ agree!

I concur as well.

sittle

... yeah, but you'd probably get banned for stating what it is he will receive... *chortle*

brockart

quality posts: 7 Private Messages brockart

I was hoping for a "Best Joke/Worst Joke" Awards. Oh well! Congrats, we're all winners here at woot!

profbrendan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages profbrendan
sittle wrote:... I've just bought a new set of knee pads and have been practicing my smile...

The kneepads are fer somethin' else altogether.

bluejester

quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester
profbrendan wrote:The kneepads are fer somethin' else altogether.

Gardening?

profbrendan

bluejester wrote:Gardening?

Naturally. Also: polo.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

The more I looked at the 'Battle', the more I admired cmdixon's Umbrellas. If I got to pick, I think I'd choose it as best shirt overall of the year.

I just wish I'd bought it when I could. I meant to. :^(

sittle

profbrendan wrote:The kneepads are fer somethin' else altogether.

Perhaps the humour is lost on you..... you do know what sycophant means, right?

profbrendan

sittle wrote:Perhaps the humour is lost on you..... you do know what sycophant means, right?

Yep, just bein' silly.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

I'm curious, what designs would you guys have under these categories? Best color, line work, etc.?... Include a link if possible so we can soak in the wonders that are your picks.

bassanimation

tgentry wrote:I'm curious, what designs would you guys have under these categories? Best color, line work, etc.?... Include a link if possible so we can soak in the wonders that are your picks.

My personal picks for some of these:

Best Linework

Best Pop Cult:

kinzoku

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kinzoku

Aww, thanks Bass. <3

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

Hairy palms?

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

sittle

profbrendan wrote:Yep, just bein' silly.

Nice play... I'm putting you in the the Silly Award...

llandar

quality posts: 32 Private Messages llandar

Other than a rage-induced heart attack at the age of 45, you mean?

profbrendan

sittle wrote:Nice play... I'm putting you in the the Silly Award...

YES. I want my trophy to be a little statue of this.

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
tgentry wrote:I'm curious, what designs would you guys have under these categories? Best color, line work, etc.?... Include a link if possible so we can soak in the wonders that are your picks.

Best Use of Color
Devostation by cmdixon2

Best Linework
Mammoth Trees by Sven Palmowski

Best Composition
Air Defense by thedansterwashere

Best Use of Light
Like a Lightbulb by Michael Myers

Best Use of Type
Zu Chongzhi's estimate by thatrobert

Triple-S Award
Portrait of the Walrus as a Young Man by theinfinityloop

I don't totally disagree with Woot's picks, just thought it would be a more enjoyable challenge to do all the categories instead of picking and choosing

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

geekfactor12 wrote:
I don't totally disagree with Woot's picks, just thought it would be a more enjoyable challenge to do all the categories instead of picking and choosing

Challenging and fun. Good picks. The one definitive conclusion I've come up with is cmdixon is a color master. He's topped several people's best color list (and each one with a different entry!)

bassanimation

tgentry wrote:Challenging and fun. Good picks. The one definitive conclusion I've come up with is cmdixon is a color master. He's topped several people's best color list (and each one with a different entry!)

Yes, truly. I was going to pick CMDixon's "Night Life" for best color, but he already got that with "Umbrellas" .

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
bassanimation wrote:Yes, truly. I was going to pick CMDixon's "Night Life" for best color, but he already got that with "Umbrellas" .

Whoa! Thanks guys! Really made my day seeing all the nice comments.

staffell

quality posts: 4 Private Messages staffell

Oh Battlefield Earth (2000) just saw this! Thanks so much :D

No advertising, pls.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Is this gonna be like tee-ball, where everybody is gonna go home with a trophy? If so, I nominate Pandemonium for the Best cute thing rampaging!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
SkekTek wrote:Is this gonna be like tee-ball, where everybody is gonna go home with a trophy? If so, I nominate Pandemonium for the Best cute thing rampaging!

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea

I agree with Bass on best linework. Kinzoku did an amazing job. Also, almost anything by Draxxx.

Also, I think Crane Technique is a great choice. I'm not sure if I'd call it the "winner" of anything, but that shirt was massively underrated at the time. As was Survival of the Funnest.

kaedex99

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kaedex99
no1 wrote:300+ votes with your second entry... pretty dang good.

I still can't believe it. Not that I don't have faith in my work, but I wasn't expecting to be a contender until way further down the road -- especially when I look at all the massively cool stuff that's come before me. I definitely appreciate all the love. -:]

contemporaryscarlett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages contemporaryscarlett

Happy to see the love for Umbrellas, as I adore the shirt. Multiple washes, and the color still looks great on mine. Plus, its one of the few shirts I've seen where asphalt is part of the mood, rather than just a safe neutral backdrop.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Nice choices in here. Umbrellas is awesome, and I found myself noticing 'Kólga, The Chilling Wave' during the battle because of the linework - and it looks quite wearable.

PixelPants

quality posts: 70 Private Messages PixelPants

I realise I'm on the ground floor when it comes to shirt purchases, but I think there's a very good reason we have more cmdixon2 shirts than any other artist. Congratulations, you definately deliver in the 'unique and wearable' department.

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea

I assume I'll win the award for most likely to win the award that he said he'd win.