tizbazua

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tizbazua
Johndis5 wrote:Hang in there, buddy. Give it a month or two, you'll figure it out. Good luck.

laugh out loud. Thx, i'm actually having a blast so far!!

criticalmassers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages criticalmassers
Re: Toucan Sheds His Tint

wow. the colors on this are beautiful. I love the concept too. wonderfully done.

jeanerz13

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jeanerz13
bongosolo wrote:I wondered who would do a Star Trek shirt this time. Getting a little tired of the same joke though.

star trek? thought ackbar was star wars... I never really watched either though.

manikx66

quality posts: 2 Private Messages manikx66
snarkygal wrote:no no a million times no

pretty sure it shouldnt be considered so. not drawn like the tmnt at all. Also the rat looks more like a mouse to me. and spinter was brown.

shaggster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shaggster
Re: Tangled

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF1nMXXrwjE

meatpopsicle333

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meatpopsicle333
Re: Time

I like it! I see your idea, you might want to add to it as it could be called simple.

somwatstrange

quality posts: 2 Private Messages somwatstrange
Re: Tornado Time

It's good looking, but I think it would do much better in a different color... I look at this and think "water tornado?"

I had something to say, but I seem to have forgotten it.

criticalmassers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages criticalmassers
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=49833]The tree of 12 essential vitamins

oh dear. now there's decisions. I'm voting for both... but I'm trying to decide which I like better. I think this one looks more like a cereal box... but I do like them both.
love the expression on the tiger. it makes me happy.

mindputtee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mindputtee
shaggster wrote:i like the packer colors in this design GO PACK GO!!

Haha I hadn't even realized, I just like the color combination.

gingembre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gingembre
Re: Tea Time

Love it!

gingembre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gingembre
Re: Tempest in a teapot

love love love it!

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: True Love

I liked the kelly green version in the pre-derby thread, but still adorable - especially the sprig of cilantro!:D

Vote!

Lollerskates1337

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lollerskates1337
Re: Thermal

Unfortunately, the thumbnail for this does the actual shirt little justice--this is effing brilliant.

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Re: Tall Tales of The Midwest

better late than never.
I'm not sure people will dig the design. I wasn't going to finish it but I'm not a quitter. So I got it done went with sepia aged feel on creme. I know people hate creme but it was fitting. Any comments are appreciated and definitely open to any feedback.
here's a link to a 16x20 detail version of the design.

kbloomq1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kbloomq1
Re: Toucan Sheds His Tint

This is beautiful!

kbloomq1

Re: Thunderbird

This would look totally sweet on the side of the van I live in!

kbloomq1

Re: turtle tutoring

From the Derby description: "And stay away from pop-cultural personas and properties (like the afore-mentioned Misters) and do something original."

Huh.

npromero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npromero

WOW! Awesome art.

I have a couple on here and I'd buy yours way before either of mine.
Best of luck to you brother.

:D,
Stinko-Man

MachineAmbition

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MachineAmbition

While I do think making money is OK and that this shirt is well done for what it is, I wouldn't vote for it, because I prefer something other than cute turtles drawn in this style. I can't design a shirt like this, so if I wanted one, I could turn to ramyb for a generous supply of them. But I don't really want one.

In fact, I am also sick of dinosaurs and shirts praising the eating of meat, but no one seems to mind those being in every single derby. And I'm sorry if this hurts someone's precious artistic sensibilities, but if it came down to it, I'd prefer this largely expressionless turtle to a shirt with a hamburger or a dinosaur.

Luckily, I don't have to vote for or buy any turtle, dinosaur or meat shirts.

tedschopf

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tedschopf
kylemittskus wrote:If you're seriously curious, I can explain why I take the stance I do. I, of course, can't speak for everyone.

What frustrates me is that there are artists here who put substantial effort into creating original, intelligent, edited designs that are so often over-looked. Many of these artists' styles, I do not like so it's not like a "I want my artists to win" kind of thing.

Further, this designer has a history of stealing designs.ideas, not following the derby rules (sometimes blatantly ignoring them), and lacking any effort. This design, for example, is on topic but is nothing close to an original idea (see posts above for similar shirts). Further, there are blatant problems with the design itself like the perspective. And, it's just boring and looks exactly like 1/3 of his other designs. The other 2/3 are made up of swirlies and anime-like art.

It gets really frustrating when a shirt like this prints ahead of other artists who have respect for both the community and art.

I understand your dissapointment. However, reality shows that the general wooters get what they want, and what they want is what they vote for. This isn't a deserve-to-win competition, and that's because Woot wants to sell the product most wooters like. Whoever wins does, and thats because people like voting on art that appeals to them, right then and there when they click on the derby image. Not everyone takes into account the hard work of artists who submit designs every week and never win. It's too bad the art critic's comments don't appear before the image, but that is good marketing on Woot's part to make sure they don't lose customers. Only a few people actually scroll down to watch the epic forum battles that are waged across work like ramyb's. Unfortunatly, derby's aren't only about who has the best art. It's also about who can appeal to the large pool of wooters through the use of common themes and interesting artistic tequniques.

radiomode

quality posts: 3 Private Messages radiomode
Re: The Tea Party

ctrl s + ed

sarrenee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sarrenee
mindputtee wrote:Haha I hadn't even realized, I just like the color combination.

uniique

quality posts: 2 Private Messages uniique
Re: Toast and Tea

beauty! GMV

Lagbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert
MacTheHero wrote:I can see what you mean, especially since it was reduced at a slightly off percentage.
For a cleaner preview you can see it on my DA page
http://macthehero.deviantart.com/#/d38vil2

The preview on your Deviant Art page looks a lot better. I highly recommend you start halftoning at an angle of 22.5 or 67.5 degrees. This will prevent the problem in the future and will make your shirts when they print look a lot better - woot does a scaled down version of the print for the ladies sizes and if you don't halftone correctly for the full size the women's prints get a bit jacked up.

FlyingMouse365

quality posts: 5 Private Messages FlyingMouse365
Re: Thunder Attack

The Karate Thunder!

aliceinwootland

quality posts: 5 Private Messages aliceinwootland
Re: turtle tutoring

Yeeeeahhhhh this is definitely a pop culture reference.

FlyingMouse365

Re: Thunder Attack

The Karate Thunder. Hope you enjoy this

aliceinwootland

quality posts: 5 Private Messages aliceinwootland
Re: Transilvanian trucker

Count Von Count is copyrighted. No dice.

amh

quality posts: 2 Private Messages amh
walmazan wrote:This is so nice!

Well done!

Thank you walmazan, it means a lot coming from you

gelka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gelka
kylemittskus wrote:I have ZERO idea why my comment was deleted. This is obvious copyright infringement and it should be pointed out as such.

It's obviously not copyright infringement because there are no copyrighted characters used.

Chumpy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chumpy

Konsteh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Konsteh
Re: Trollin

Great work! I so hope I can get one :O

...Any chance of a wallpaper-sized version of the design, once the derby is over?

carmelpixie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carmelpixie
Re: Tabula rasa RESUB!

Beautiful. I really like the size and placement here much better than the first one. +1

carmelpixie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carmelpixie

Love it. I had a book with all these stories in it when I was a kid and I read that book over and over and over. I think this turned out great in spite of you not being able to finish it how you wanted. +1

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
Re: Team Tetherball

These birds are always taking advantage of Giraffe. But it's ok, I think he likes to feel useful.

faultylogic83

quality posts: 2 Private Messages faultylogic83
lilaviel wrote:Okay, NORMAL people won't look at this shirt and say, "EW One more gargleblaster lookit that awful rendering of perspective! It looks horrible!" They'll look at the cute turtle. And honestly, the perspective issue is barely noticeable to a normal eye.

Also those wondering why there's a fannie pack and glasses must have never watched Nickelodeon back in the '90's. ;)

Hooray for Rocco's Modern Life. Thanks for catching the reference, I completly missed it because I'm too caught with Ramy's clip art.

clynn101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clynn101
Re: Tooth's Bad Friend

wish it was on a different shirt color than gray...or blue...still got my vote because I do like the design

FlyingMouse365

Re: Public Toilet

Hope you guys love this, cheers

FlyingMouse365