arroth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arroth
Re: Awkward Turtle

I like how even with 6-7 sites proving that this is copy right infringement even a site with a shirt with the same name and design, that this is still up. Ramy has to be cheating some how at this point. have a shirt that is a clear cut copy of someone elses design, even down to the name, and to still have this design in the fog? just saddens me

npromero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npromero
Re: TP has a Tough Job

Wow the rejected stamp is on a rampage today.

Is not toilet humor a general rule?

Or is somebody just having fun on the Woot side of things?

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
npromero wrote:Wow the rejected stamp is on a rampage today.

Is not toilet humor a general rule?

Or is somebody just having fun on the Woot side of things?

Toilet humor is a no no at shirt.woot.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks
profbrendan wrote:As weird as it can be sometimes, the rules for derbies and dailies are often mutually exclusive. That's why you'll see Star Wars, text, or more than six colors on a daily shirt once in a while.

This was a derby shirt.

Heck. I was falling behind on my rejection stats anyways ;)

npromero

parrotworks wrote:This was a derby shirt.

HA HA HA!

Who wants to win a Jatravartid derby anyways?
Im here to collect rejection stamps.

:P,
Stinko-Man

dalekempress

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dalekempress
Re: Tesla the Time Lord

LOVE it! Love Tesla, his genius was shocking. GMV

dalekempress

Re: The Tallest dino

I like this one, it's sweet and colorful without being cutesy. Good job. GMV

dalekempress

penichillin wrote:No paigeg, this was all pen work. And it took some time since I don't have a tablet.

Very nice then. Looks a bit wide on the shirt but I like the general idea.

nblottie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie
bluetuba wrote:Color me surprised that this didn't get rejected for potty humor, but I'm not disappointed, I think it's funny.

Well, it happened. Not unexpected. I figure they're just covering their bases. Even though it got rejected, I'm glad people liked it. Thanks.

dalekempress

JRWorkshop wrote:Wow!!! THIS is a turtle!!! (Some other 'artist' should take note)
I'm digging your style more and more.

Couldn't agree more. Beautifully done and wearable too!

RageXKage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RageXKage

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD I NEED THIS SHIRT

profbrendan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages profbrendan
parrotworks wrote:This was a derby shirt.

Excellent point. :D
*tail tucked, cursing quietly*

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx

I've drawn my ass off for these contests for some time now, and while I totally agree it can really break it off to see some of the stuff that wins win, in the example of Ramy's work, I personally find it tough to get mad at Ramy the guy all things considered.

If he does what he does, and it keeps winning, it just doesn't make sense for him to stop. While it's certainly a sad thing to come to terms with, there are those who enter these contests with the sole intention of cashing in, and unfortunately there aren't any rules against using that as you main motivation in entering these things. The voters vote on what they want, and thats how it works. We all knew that more or less going in. If someone comes across a winning formula, it might be hard to put that aside in favor of a certain perception of artistic integrity.

If vote duping and other shady things are happening, which I don't believe there has ever been any concrete evidence to support, it's up to this website to stop it obviously.
And if that is whats been happening, and it's been left unfixed all this time, well damn.

Pyro1910

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pyro1910
Re: Awkward Turtle

+1 so it can print and woot/ramyb can face some awkward questions about copyright infringement

ellethom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ellethom
Re: Tesla the Time Lord

So if this does not win, wear can i buy it. thanks for submitting something that does not have cutesy duckies or bunnies

CVBrennan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CVBrennan
Re: Toast! (v2 - super edit)

The thing I miss most from the original was the shock and awe of the on looking common bread... because obviously this super toast is beyond the norm. I also miss the sense of depth given by the city backdrop. The new grey is nice but i liked the blue with the white city... so i'm pretty torn between the two. Nice art.

ddarkssoul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ddarkssoul
Re: NINJA TURTLE ..REALLY!?

its so cool and fun

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Re: turned-over turtle

saved!

I like turtlez and they start with the letter T. This one is turned-over for the double t! I hope everyone likes it and I spent a long time on it. There's 3 colors used on green.

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
Re: Transformation

So, so good.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 128 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
profbrendan wrote:CURSE YOU SPRINKLE!!
I'm on to your little game!

LOLOL! I'm totally not posting to make people look me up on the archive, I swear!

Actually looking at my own archive there are tons of missing removed entries by me from before shirt.what started archiving artists. Most of the time I put a "Ver. 2" on the resubs so you can see where the missing entries should be.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Taco Tuesday and the Terrified Toilet

Noooo I jinxed it!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan
Re: TriceraTops

Come one! the fog is waiting for you! go!

joemail11

quality posts: 34 Private Messages joemail11

Um...I like this one better...

joemail11

DianaSprinkle wrote:LOLOL!

Department of Redundancy Department.

joemail11

I almost die of laughter every time I see this. The story behind it is too funny.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: Ticking Time V2

Thanks!

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
Drakxxx wrote:
If he does what he does, and it keeps winning, it just doesn't make sense for him to stop.

This is what I realized after a long time of resentment. Whether or not people agree that the artist is in the 'right', *they don't care*. This is the most important part! THEY DON'T CARE. You can rant until your fingers cramp and they will continue doing what makes them money. Some of them are even having fun doing it! Have you ever drawn a cutesy, meaningless picture? It's FUN. It can be relaxing. These people are having fun and making money. I'm sure they see no reason to stop.

I am in no way condoning the creation of meaningless, cute pictures in a contest where a lot of artists are putting forth their best. In fact, it still infuriates me when I see it in the fog when I know the artist could've done better. Especially when something I *know* was worked on falls out of the fog to make room for it.
I AM saying that if you have something legitimate to say (a critique or a notice that it's off topic) then say it.
Otherwise, please understand that you are probably wasting time that could've been better spent elsewhere on other entries encouraging artists who work hard. Give those who need it and are willing to listen help/advice. You might make a bigger dent.

tizbazua

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tizbazua

into the FOG!!!

dannidoll

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dannidoll
Re: Treat on a trap

Dood... don't eat the cupcake man... it may be a trap!

Coffeesloth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Coffeesloth

Interesting choice of composition.

npromero

A HA HA HA!

What a jackass thing to do! I love it.

Im still laughing.

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Technologic Terra

Look awesome! +1

graffd02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages graffd02

Thanks for all of the support.

charleswallace12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages charleswallace12
Re: Toast! (v2 - super edit)

I think this version is much less confusing than the previous(Although, I saw this one first), I wish I could vote

"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" -Albert Einstein

megadog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megadog
npromero wrote:A HA HA HA!

What a jackass thing to do! I love it.

Im still laughing.

what no fanny bag and glasses -- looses my vote lol

Aerrow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Aerrow
DrPepperSpray wrote:Hate to tell you, but I think this one has been done http://www.birdorable.com/blog/category/uvulae/ -- and pretty much exactly like the one sold minus the text to clue you into the joke.

That shirt is one bird and it looks a lot different so at least it's not identical. I created the bird from scratch so all I can hope from here is that people like my version of the design. I know it's not as original as some others but that's only because everyone thinks the same thing when they hear the name... oh well. Thanks for commenting though

http://derbyimages.woot.com/1903279/af8fa716-5310-485e-ac0a-7f115e06e648.jpg

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

I'm sorry, but this has way too much character, charm, and whimsy. Please try harder at being soulless.

melquam

quality posts: 1 Private Messages melquam

On its own, this is pretty strong. I'd buy one.

dfurman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dfurman
Re: (Tentaclus Table-Tennious)

haha awesome, love it.

megadog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megadog
goldenthorn wrote:I'm sorry, but this has way too much character, charm, and whimsy. Please try harder at being soulless.

i agree and i really dont like turtles with teeth gums yes