melquam

quality posts: 1 Private Messages melquam
Re: turned-over turtle

Looking at this more closely, there seems to be a speck of green on the turtle's face. I'm not sure I could wear this. :P

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
goldenthorn wrote:I'm sorry, but this has way too much character, charm, and whimsy. Please try harder at being soulless.

One more gargleblaster you're an artsy-fartsy who hates all funny shirts! Woot already printed an artsy shirt for you this year and it didn't sell out, so u should shut ur artsy mouth!

cherylfrancis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cherylfrancis
penichillin wrote:The design is very creative and you did quality work. I just feel like this would not be a very wearable shirt; at least I can't see myself wearing it.

I'm just looking for some help here when I ask...Can you tell me why? I get it if it's a personal taste thing, but if I'm doing something wrong, can you help me out? Please? I'm new here.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987

In all seriousness, I could actually see myself wearing this and getting a lot of laughs from my friends (none of whom are Wooters, so they wouldn't know the reference). It may be snarky, but hell, in its own terms it's funnier than a lot of the shirts woot prints.

cherylfrancis

penichillin wrote:The design is very creative and you did quality work. I just feel like this would not be a very wearable shirt; at least I can't see myself wearing it.

Thank you for the kind words! I am completely lost on this site. I don't understand the threads. I don't know how to communicate. Please be patient with me.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

If you copped to your 2 year old art-savant child (niece? neighbour? some kid you grabbed at the supermarket?) having drawn this, I guarantee you'd get, like, 300 votes by the morning. GUARANTEE, I said.

Also? I genuinely like it. It radiates adorable RAGE. It's like Angry Day's differently-abled cousin.

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
ittybittyx wrote:That's pretty damn funny! They look so happy!

Thanks! Yeah, making trilobites look happy...obviously required some anthropomorphizing.

cutie3pnt1415

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cutie3pnt1415
Re: Tick..Tock..

If you can find a clever way to get rid of the text (I assume the Roman numerals), then you have at least 1 vote. This is awesome.

rabbitintheweb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rabbitintheweb
Re: Trollin

nice shirt!

megadog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megadog

i could really go for this if it was not for that little speck in its right eye i feel i need to dust it off lol

cherylfrancis

marzipanapple wrote:This is what I realized after a long time of resentment. Whether or not people agree that the artist is in the 'right', *they don't care*. This is the most important part! THEY DON'T CARE. You can rant until your fingers cramp and they will continue doing what makes them money. Some of them are even having fun doing it! Have you ever drawn a cutesy, meaningless picture? It's FUN. It can be relaxing. These people are having fun and making money. I'm sure they see no reason to stop.

I am in no way condoning the creation of meaningless, cute pictures in a contest where a lot of artists are putting forth their best. In fact, it still infuriates me when I see it in the fog when I know the artist could've done better. Especially when something I *know* was worked on falls out of the fog to make room for it.
I AM saying that if you have something legitimate to say (a critique or a notice that it's off topic) then say it.
Otherwise, please understand that you are probably wasting time that could've been better spent elsewhere on other entries encouraging artists who work hard. Give those who need it and are willing to listen help/advice. You might make a bigger dent.

Wow. I'm not exactly sure how to get in on this thread, so I'll just type here at the bottom. I am new to this site, new to the whole tshirt business. I've submitted 2 designs that have gone absolutely nowhere. You guys are ruthless, and I love it. It's good to be in a community where people stand up and shout. I know now to bring my a-game. Thanks!

elais

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elais

Re: Tummy Teeth

Now this would look awesome on a t-shirt!

cherylfrancis

megadog wrote:i could really go for this if it was not for that little speck in its right eye i feel i need to dust it off lol

I'm just gonna copy and paste what I wrote on the other turtle thread:
Wow. I'm not exactly sure how to get in on this thread, so I'll just type here at the bottom. I am new to this site, new to the whole tshirt business. I've submitted 2 designs that have gone absolutely nowhere. You guys are ruthless, and I love it. It's good to be in a community where people stand up and shout. I know now to bring my a-game. Thanks!

And..umm...how do I get my tshirt image to show up on my comments?

MacTheHero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MacTheHero
Re: Tummy Tuck

That doesn't even fit within the constraints for where the image can go

melquam

quality posts: 1 Private Messages melquam
cherylfrancis wrote:
And..umm...how do I get my tshirt image to show up on my comments?

The easiest way is to go to your design's page and click add a comment. Then, copy everything from the "open bracket symbol url" to the "slash url close bracket symbol." THEN paste that into your signature under your account settings. If you don't want the title to appear above the thumbnail image, you can delete that from the code. Good luck!

baseballjf14

quality posts: 0 Private Messages baseballjf14
Re: Awkward Turtle

a few things...

I've posted a few designs on this site, and obviously I'm not really very good at this, however I do it for fun when I have free time, and usually get a vote from me, and a vote from my girlfriend, and maybe 5 or six sprinkled in from other people who it speaks to... no harm no foul right?...

now just a little change of pace (don't mean to offend anyone who actually likes Nickleback as crappy as I feel they are,) but I hate Nickleback, I feel they are no where near as talented as say Radiohead. Nickleback, from what I've heard of them, tends to take proven formulas and somewhat tailor them to their strenghts (as few strengths as they possess, ok I'll stop piling on lol) and continues to turn out hit songs across multiple platforms and stations. i.e.: top 40, Rock, Mix, alternative, etc.
However Radiohead never ceases to amaze me with their fresh new stuff that feels original and (as a fellow muscial artist myself) heartfealt.

Now with that being said, I am really not into mainstream art, persay, on my t-shirts. I love Drakxxx's drawings, and when coupled with Crescendebris' colors, I typically, but not always, seem to vote for them. Yet, I rarely find myself not voting for Ramyb. Nothing against Ramyb (I guess.) Just not my style, yet for some reason the colabs' stuff doesn't seem to print as much as Ramyb's does....

I guess this post ended up being a bunch of rambling, however I just wanna know, are these personal attacks at Ramyb as a person, or as an artist, b/c he is like Nickleback to me, but I can not fault the guy for using a tried and true formula to win, but if he is just a bad person I'd just like to know for my own edification...

P.S. I drank a little bit tonight... lol

cherylfrancis

melquam wrote:The easiest way is to go to your design's page and click add a comment. Then, copy everything from the "open bracket symbol url" to the "slash url close bracket symbol." THEN paste that into your signature under your account settings. If you don't want the title to appear above the thumbnail image, you can delete that from the code. Good luck!

Oops...That didn't work! Lemme try again...Thanks!

cutie3pnt1415

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cutie3pnt1415

I know it'd probably get rejected, but I still wish that crayon was purple...

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
cherylfrancis wrote:Oops...That didn't work! Lemme try again...Thanks!

The image won't show up until you make a purchase form any of the woot sites. Its just how they work the sig.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 7 Private Messages cdrewlow
Re: The Turkey always gets the girl

Poor turtle doves, they bring tulips, teddy bears and tickets to the opera, but the girl only has eyes for the turkey...typical.

chumpmagic

First off, let me just say that I laughed pretty hard when I saw this.

Secondly, you inspired me to do a mockery as well But, I just deleted the link... its a little too mean in my opinion.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages odysseyroc
chumpmagic wrote:First off, let me just say that I laughed pretty hard when I saw this.

Secondly, you inspired me to do a mockery as well I apologize in advance to the artist in question and all his fans... Feel free to make fun of my artwork in return, but I could not pass up on the fun.

So without further ado...
{{volmod edit: link edited out}} enjoy

wait, I was told that nobody else on this site was capable of doing that style and that's why everybody is so jealous. Hmmm

Llen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Llen
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=49745]The Tiger

Aaaw!! So adorable, I love it!!

omnitarian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages omnitarian

This masterwork speaks to the everpresent ennui of bourgeois society. I see a dadaist rejection of the duality of our society's affect-based dialectic.

fortinbras79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fortinbras79
AdderXYU wrote:If it will make him money, it is long enough. I give you about an hour before his sycophants (and also the sycophant brigade of the pre-derby thread) comes in to say IF IT MAKES MONEY IT IS OK. I mean hell, it obviously didn't take so little time that people won't vote. Though anyone with a shred of discernment could tell you that it's incredibly poorly composed and staggeringly uncreative.

At least it has a T in it, I guess. Unlike his other piece. Now where is that confounded piece?

Seriously? What is with all the negativity? This guy created a funny image with ties to contemporary memes. Why would length of time (or god forbid) correct perspective matter?

Haters gonna hate

Personally I like it...for whatever that's worth.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages odysseyroc

I wish there was an "I'd want 1,000,000,000" button.

PixelPants

quality posts: 67 Private Messages PixelPants

This gets my vote because I would actually buy and wear this shirt. Not all topsy-turvy turtles are drawn the same. Maybe Woot would fast track an Editor's Choice.

jackiebot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jackiebot
Re: Tesla the Time Lord

This... is f'n brilliant. I want it on my chest NOW.

chumpmagic

odysseyroc wrote:wait, I was told that nobody else on this site was capable of doing that style and that's why everybody is so jealous. Hmmm

I guess I didn't delete my link soon enough, haha. I got quoted!

Yeah, I was told the same thing! I had to bite back a little for that one since it seemed like the comment was directed at me and two other artist in the thread at the time.

lennievee333

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lennievee333
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=49875]

oh my despair. Dashed hopes against the rocks. Does this mean I won't win the contest?

penichillin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages penichillin
dalekempress wrote:Very nice then. Looks a bit wide on the shirt but I like the general idea.

Thanks for the compliment. And I think you're right about it being a tad wide in the comp.

JRWorkshop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JRWorkshop

Amazing!!!! At least this one has some honesty and fun attached to it!!! +1 for sure!!

MacTheHero

ellethom wrote:So if this does not win, wear can i buy it. thanks for submitting something that does not have cutesy duckies or bunnies

Keep an eye on my DA page if I have to find somewhere else for it.

MacTheHero

JRWorkshop wrote:Thanks woot!!!
This was a perfect case of parody!!!How the F(xx)k am I gonna make a fair parody design without using some resemblance to the original character????

there was no rule saying it HAD to be a parody

Nekkochan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Nekkochan
Re: Return of the Thylacine

Vote, people! Help me out! I want a thylacine shirt! As Adder says, maybe a little more background would add a little more spice, but this is such a cool drawing of a thylacine and I'd love to wear it.

devium

quality posts: 0 Private Messages devium

I think is interesting that Ramyb chooses to use this turtle so much. It kind of fits his persona. I mean, even though there is an army of people on here every week bashing his work for being consistently repetitive and uninspired(which it usually is), he usually gets the last laugh on all of them because he knows what gets votes and has no problem persistently riding that Jatravartid turtle(or mouse, or kitten etc.) to more paychecks than just about anyone else on this site.

Nekkochan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Nekkochan
Re: Tiger Tiger Rawr Rawr!

If I can't get another "Angry Day" shirt, this is probably the next best thing... Seriously, cute tigers, I like the style!

kbloomq1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kbloomq1
Re: Tweedy Bird

Cute idea and nice execution!

trekkiebeth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trekkiebeth
Re: Time Travel

This would be great if it was on black and had something nerdy like the first two instead of the hot tub.

Ultracellodude

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ultracellodude
Re: Technologic Terra

Don't be too proud of this Technological Terra you've constructed. The ability to create a wireframe planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force.

;) Awesome job! gmv