Zenverse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zenverse
Re: turned-over turtle

Ahahahaha! Glad I read the comments in the other one. Love the facial expression. Cracks me up every time. XD

redaxelrod

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redaxelrod
Re: Tori, Torii, Tortoise

I appreciate the Tori/Torii concept, but I'd love to see a design with just the awesome turtle. I'd buy the shirt if it was just the turtle!

redaxelrod

Re: Its T-Shirt Time

epic fail.

redaxelrod

Re: Team Tetherball

LOVE this one!

tjsynkral

quality posts: 15 Private Messages tjsynkral
Re: Awkward Turtle

This T-shirt is Terrible

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
cherylfrancis wrote:Thanks so very much! I haven't received much feedback on any of my designs. I'm really wondering if I fit in here or not. I'll keep trying. Honestly, I do appreciate it.

Clowns personally creep me out so I can't stand this one specifically, but please don't give up! The more artists the derby has participating the better and though I may not like this subject you do seem to have some talent so I certainly look forward to seeing more from you!

Just keep drawing what you like, plug away at the derby, and keep interacting with the community and you'll fit right in.

Siax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Siax

L....O....L XD!!!!!!!!
I cant tell you how much better this looks!
+1 and a buy if it makes it!

Siax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Siax
chumpmagic wrote:No, I was talking about the person you were responding to. He/ she was attacking artist for no reason it seemed.

Ok thank you

ambergreen

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen

I need a new kelly green shirt, and this will be it. Backyard Brawl is ready to be retired, and a topsy-turvy turtle is exactly what I need.

wl551

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wl551
Re: Talons

I love this; so cute and funny. Definitely GMV!

reipsadeus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages reipsadeus
Re: Transgalactic Turtle

I would love to wear this while reading Small Gods.

Doe not call up Any that you cannot put downe; by the which I mean, Any that can in turn call up somewhat against you, whereby your powerfullest Devices may not be of use. Ask of the Lesser, lest the Greater shall not wish to Answer, and shall commande more than you.

- H.P. Lovecraft

redaxelrod

Re: Shirt Tails

I would not think twice about buying this! Hilarious, well done, and I love the muted color palette.

aliceinwootland

quality posts: 5 Private Messages aliceinwootland
Re: Tic Tac Tron

I love the concept, but.... you can't cross each other in Tron. :\

Maybe if you made it look as though they were in a layered arena, like in the movie. But you def. can't do this in the game.

laughalot

quality posts: 6 Private Messages laughalot
mindputtee wrote:I'm usually a sucker for a TARDIS shirt (I own at least a few from both woot and teefury) but I can't get behind this one for a couple of reasons.

A. The hordes of Genghis Khan couldn't get through the TARDIS doors, yet a measly dinosaur can crush it? Nuh uh.
B. The TARDIS has a wood outside, it would not crunch like that but rather splinter. (see series 5)

EDIT: Also, that's not even a proper TARDIS, the TARDIS has 3 wood panels (on each side) below the windows.

You wouldn't want to be too close to the real TARDIS anyway, just in case the hammer gets rejection happy.

bm13953

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bm13953
megadog wrote:to be more specific
central point of fulcrum = ^is the middle of the shell
1 head + 2 feet ^ 2 feet
causes imbalance
unless of course it is feeling light headed lol

or something heavy is in the fanny pack

acrylix91

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acrylix91
Re: Tech Tungsten T-Rex

This is the awesomeness

kcloveschocobos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kcloveschocobos
Re: Transgalactic Turtle

Absolutely gorgeous! I really hope this makes it and if it does, I'll be buying it for sure! *also a Discworld fan*

mhlyle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mhlyle

I think that if he allowed his designs to go through a typical cycle on the reckoning, or even stay there for a month or two, people would be a lot more forgiving. Instead, we see more and more of his designs winning while the old ones are rescued at the last second. So perhaps it isn't even so much the design itself that bothers people as it is the way his shirts never quite manage to go away. The current reckoning episode with Imposter is a perfect example of this. No matter how great of a design Ramy might come up with, all people can think of is how Imposter was pulled from the Reckoning after the deadline.

npromero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npromero
Re: Hi-five!

HELL YEAH HI-FIVE!

Im gonna give you a +1 before they pull this.

Oh man Im laughing so hard over here.

ryleek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryleek

Love the design, colors, all of it!

npromero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npromero
Re: Hi-five!

I think my favorite part is the the duck/pigeon, or maybe all the text.

Damn I dunno but that shoe is pretty good too.

kit010

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kit010
Re: Tesla the Time Lord

I would buy this. I think all my friends would buy this.

kophia

quality posts: 10 Private Messages kophia

I truly appreciate the time you spent on this design. ;)

Although I do not like turtles so much, the emotional frustration pouring out of this little guy resonates to deep within my soul.
I too wish I had a + 1,000,000 button.

Fog on!!

thewronggrape

quality posts: 48 Private Messages thewronggrape

Love this as much as I love The Umbrellas!

blk909 wrote:Beautiful, but what is he holding in his left claw?

He is on a reed.

kaedex99

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kaedex99
Re: Tori, Torii, Tortoise

@dalekempress: Thanks for that. -:]

@redaxelrod: Thanks for the feedback; I'll take it into consideration! Maybe someday, he'll ditch his luggage and fly solo.

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck

this ones for you midge ;)

ruuu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ruuu
dalekempress wrote:I like this one, it's sweet and colorful without being cutesy. Good job. GMV

Thanks! This is my first submission here

TheChaoticFlame

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheChaoticFlame
Re: Taxidermed Two-headed Tramp

I concur with the comments about your style! The design is really creative, but as someone else said, it's not something I think I could wear. Is it a taste thing? Maybe. The idea that someone killed a two-headed hobo/clown and had his head mounted is just, well, creepy IMO.

A bit of an artistic critique (I guess) is that I had to do several double-takes before I realized that the heads were actually mounted to the thing that they're in front of. I'm not sure if you were intending for that to be subtle, but I had a hard time picking up on it (willful disbelief perhaps?).

Keep at it!

aichambaye

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aichambaye
Re: Tesla the Time Lord

I saw this on Wil Wheaton's twitter. I agree with him that it's brilliant.

cherylfrancis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cherylfrancis
Re: Taxidermed Two-headed Tramp

Thanks for the advise everybody. I'm thinking I need to steer more to the cutesy, even artsy subjects.

fuzznarf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fuzznarf

The more i read the more i get the impression that this is all sour grapes... its a lot of "I worked harder...", "I'm more creative", "I'm this", "I'm that", cry...

Ramyb does what he does well. He likes turtles, bunnies, etc, and in general anything 'cute'. He knows it works and wins for him. These are shirts, not high class elitist snobby art like some people want them to be. get a grip. Personally I think its funny watching people get flamed by something that isn't even intended to flame. The dude/gal submitted a shirt, you don't like it, you cry.. Its going to happen next week, and the week after, and the week after that, and on and on... and you are going to let it get to you all because someone submits a shirt design you deem not suitable from your high horse.

cherylfrancis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cherylfrancis
Re: Terrible Two-Year Old Toucan Tantrums

I love this! I love two year olds. It is the very best age ever! Great concept, nicely drawn.

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
redaxelrod wrote:LOVE this one!

Thanks!!

lovepuff

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lovepuff
Re: Public Toilet

"Rejected because: No"

How very informative.

renegadetim

quality posts: 12 Private Messages renegadetim
fuzznarf wrote:The more i read the more i get the impression that this is all sour grapes... its a lot of "I worked harder...", "I'm more creative", "I'm this", "I'm that", cry...

Ramyb does what he does well. He likes turtles, bunnies, etc, and in general anything 'cute'. He knows it works and wins for him. These are shirts, not high class elitist snobby art like some people want them to be. get a grip. Personally I think its funny watching people get flamed by something that isn't even intended to flame. The dude/gal submitted a shirt, you don't like it, you cry.. Its going to happen next week, and the week after, and the week after that, and on and on... and you are going to let it get to you all because someone submits a shirt design you deem not suitable from your high horse.

Honestly, you just don't get it. I'm not an artist, never will be. I buy shirts and this has gotten incredibly old.

He doesn't submit designs in derbies where he can't use certain gimmicks and has to come up with something new. Woot creates rules in derbies specifically so he won't bring back old used characters. He was missing from the last two derbies, wonder why? Couldn't use a cute turtle/animal design.

And frankly, why would anyone like to have a collection of 20 shirts with this same turtle on it? And what is the draw in this particular shirt at all? I mean, compared to all this turtle's other shirts this one simply makes no sense whatsoever.

Do people REALLY like cute cartoon turtles THAT much?

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg

Wow. See what happens when you miss a few days - the kids get out of hand. Oy! I'm SO glad Woot and everyone seems to be taking this in good spirit. And, honestly, I may go back and read the other thread to catch up, but I pretty much got the whole gist just from the thumbnail. You people are wicked, wicked I tell ya. ;D
Chump, you ought to post a linky to your pic in a separate community thread, just for us inquiring minds.

fuzznarf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fuzznarf
renegadetim wrote:Honestly, you just don't get it. I'm not an artist, never will be. I buy shirts and this has gotten incredibly old.

He doesn't submit designs in derbies where he can't use certain gimmicks and has to come up with something new. Woot creates rules in derbies specifically so he won't bring back old used characters. He was missing from the last two derbies, wonder why? Couldn't use a cute turtle/animal design.

And frankly, why would anyone like to have a collection of 20 shirts with this same turtle on it? And what is the draw in this particular shirt at all? I mean, compared to all this turtle's other shirts this one simply makes no sense whatsoever.

Do people REALLY like cute cartoon turtles THAT much?

THEN DON'T CLICK!!! Quit the QQ lol. Every time he submits it turns into a QQ session of people crying they don't like his turtles and penguins, and they work harder, and they do this better, and they are more elite, and QQ, QQ, QQ, QQ.. He does turtles. If you don't want 20 turtle shirts, don't click. Its hilarious reading how upset people get over a turtle! For real.

I didn't see anyone crying about the 200 elephants, of which many looked nearly identical last week, or the bazillion "falling star" and "p*rn star" submissions the week previous... Where was the "its not creative enough for my epeen" then? People just being haters. If you can do better then do better. If you can get more votes, then get more votes. Its a shirt!!!!

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
Re: True Love

I'm hungry!

jhartmus

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jhartmus

Funny....until you go walking during your lunch hour one day...and are the one that finds the guy under the tree like that. Believe it or not, that actually happened to a group of walkers from work a few summers ago.

carmelpixie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carmelpixie
Re: Trio of Takoyaki

Thanks for all the comments and votes! This is the most votes I've ever gotten. <3 <3 <3