smithsonia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages smithsonia
Re: Tabula rasa RESUB!

Voted for original and resub b/c it's such a wonderful design. However, I think the original placement would be better for me, and other ladies... I get the feeling her face would end up in my armpit if she were on the side. Hey, let's just print both! ^_^

good luck-- I hope you get printed.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 10 Private Messages cdrewlow
melquam wrote:Looking at this more closely, there seems to be a speck of green on the turtle's face. I'm not sure I could wear this. :P

Plus the leg perspective is off...

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan
odysseyroc wrote:Carnitas?

Very tentative, but No, until friday!

Los viernes hay un lugar donde hacen carnitas estilo Michoacán cerca de mi casa, mmmm, pero solo viernes-domingo. I can't wait!

walmazan

Re: Trio of Takoyaki

This is so cool!

usopp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages usopp
Re: Trio of Takoyaki

it's a very good design and looks good on a shirt. oh man i wish you'd get even MORE votes. this is the only design this week I really like. I want this shirt !! what other designs have you done? I wish this site had an easy way to check out the artists.

frik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frik
fuzznarf wrote:THEN DON'T CLICK!!! Quit the QQ lol. Every time he submits it turns into a QQ session of people crying they don't like his turtles and penguins, and they work harder, and they do this better, and they are more elite, and QQ, QQ, QQ, QQ.. He does turtles. If you don't want 20 turtle shirts, don't click. Its hilarious reading how upset people get over a turtle! For real.

I didn't see anyone crying about the 200 elephants, of which many looked nearly identical last week, or the bazillion "falling star" and "p*rn star" submissions the week previous... Where was the "its not creative enough for my epeen" then? People just being haters. If you can do better then do better. If you can get more votes, then get more votes. Its a shirt!!!!

ramyb? is that you?

No. Yes.

mindputtee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mindputtee
laughalot wrote:You wouldn't want to be too close to the real TARDIS anyway, just in case the hammer gets rejection happy.

That's true, it is kind of hard to tell what makes the hammer strike. It's a very well drawn shirt though, and I voted for it, I just wouldn't buy one.

mindputtee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mindputtee
fuzznarf wrote:THEN DON'T CLICK!!! Quit the QQ lol. Every time he submits it turns into a QQ session of people crying they don't like his turtles and penguins, and they work harder, and they do this better, and they are more elite, and QQ, QQ, QQ, QQ.. He does turtles. If you don't want 20 turtle shirts, don't click. Its hilarious reading how upset people get over a turtle! For real.

It's more than a "just don't click" issue though. If shirt.woot were more like threadless and there were tons of designs to choose from every day, I'd have no issue with ramy's shirts continually printing, but I do take issue when a shirt like this continually beats out shirts that I would actually want to wear.

The point of these threads is so that people can lobby for or against shirts they want and don't want. It can sway people's minds in voting, and that's what we're here to do. For that reason, I also think that attacking an artist himself is wrong. I won't deny that if I could draw a design like this every week and people would love it I would continue to do that, but this isn't quite my style. I like to draw things I enjoy not just things that I think will win. So what if my average votes is low? For me, art is about an expression and fun, and if I'm not enjoying what I'm making, I'll just stop working on it.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
walmazan wrote:Very tentative, but No, until friday!

Los viernes hay un lugar donde hacen carnitas estilo Michoacán cerca de mi casa, mmmm, pero solo viernes-domingo. I can't wait!

Is there a reason why most Mexican spots only have carnitas and Menudo on the weekends? Is that just a traditional thing, or what? Because, 9 out of 10 times I really want carnitas like on a wednesday or something and end up have to spend several hours making them myself.

My neighbor wants to try out this new Mexican restaurant that just opened near us. Being in St Louis, I don't know what to expect. It'll probably either be mediocre or dog food. But I'm up for the adventure, then again I was the time I got a tamal that tasted like play-doh, in Sprinfield IL.

FullTangHalo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FullTangHalo
Re: Transgalactic Turtle

Reminds me of the old Japanese folk story named "Urashima Taro" and the anime Urusei Yatsura 2

doctorhiggenbotham

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doctorhiggenbotham
Johndis5 wrote:Just..... ugh... just stop.

Seriously.

Oh, yay, this is beating out some truly great designs. /sigh

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
frik wrote:Meant to post this with my original:

http://www.animalshabitshabitat.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/gex_greenseaturtle.jpg

Wow. That is the exact turtle used.
If you overlay it onto the shirt, it's an exact match which means this design is a trace of a copyrighted photo. And for woot, that's a big no-no.

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: Tame Tiger Shark

I'm going to guess those mermaid bewbs are going to get you in trouble.

Really like the colors, tho!

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

fuzznarf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fuzznarf
mindputtee wrote:but I do take issue when a shirt like this continually beats out shirts that I would actually want to wear.

So the contest is good as long as something that you want to see win actually wins??

I've just taken notice that it just seems like its more of a beat up on Ramyb thing every time he submits. Like I said, he does turtles, its not that hard to understand. People like turtles, and he's smart enough to keep rehashing the same old theme (and penguins, bunnies, etc). And it IS as simple as "just don't click". Obviously someone is clicking. So what if it not you (not YOU in particular). Click what you like and what happens happens. Life goes on. They are shirts.

@Frik
I am not Ramyb, nor do i know him/her. I just think its silly that people are getting this upset over a turtle ON A SHIRT.

katiejay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages katiejay
Re: Tame Tiger Shark

I LOVE it Sarah! Great Job

ZandersZa

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ZandersZa
Re: Toucan Sheds His Tint

Shocking. Chris with another amazing design. Two designs in the fog, neither on black or asphalt? What have you done with the old cmdixon2?

GMV.

doctorhiggenbotham

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doctorhiggenbotham
Re: Tesla the Time Lord

I really want to buy this. This is pure awesome.

skaake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skaake
Mavyn wrote:I'm going to guess those mermaid bewbs are going to get you in trouble.

Really like the colors, tho!

Yeah, I was wondering that. Hopefully, since there's no, er, detail, they'll be o.k. with it. After all, she is a mermaid, so I'm not trying to make something obscene :D

I'm so glad you like the color! I have a hard time with color, so I've really been trying to improve. Thanks so much!

Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
~Henry Van Dyke

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
Re: Tick-Tack-Toe

Can't believe this is still fogging. I certainly didn't expect it. It was just a silly idea I wanted to try out. Thanks for the votes, everyone!

HansonMcCrotch

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HansonMcCrotch
Re: Taxidermed Two-headed Tramp

Very cool! I just saw this design and I think it's a very clever take on the theme. I hope you get at least an HM out of this - you deserve it!

NickMaksy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NickMaksy
cutie3pnt1415 wrote:If you can find a clever way to get rid of the text (I assume the Roman numerals), then you have at least 1 vote. This is awesome.

Thank you!!
I tried several things that all worked, but I like it the way it is too much, Im just going to enter it into another derby when a good fit comes up /=

effiew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages effiew
Re: Transgalactic Turtle

Must own!

dtce21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dtce21
melquam wrote:"Are you not entertained?!?!" - Crispus Maximus

Awesome! Lol! Just pure awesome. Love it!

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
Re: Technologic Terra

walmazan wrote:Look awesome! +1

Thanks mate!! (o;

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
Re: Technologic Terra

Ultracellodude wrote:Don't be too proud of this Technological Terra you've constructed. The ability to create a wireframe planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force.

;) Awesome job! gmv

Thanks a lot , appreciated man!! (o;

skaake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skaake
katiejay wrote:I LOVE it Sarah! Great Job

Thanks Kathy! I really enjoyed doing this one.

Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
~Henry Van Dyke

zekecatz

quality posts: 202 Private Messages zekecatz
megadog wrote:i could really go for this if it was not for that little speck in its right eye i feel i need to dust it off lol

cdrewlow wrote:Plus the leg perspective is off...

What about the light source and shadows?

shakensparco

quality posts: 5 Private Messages shakensparco

Like the ripple effect

darrentf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages darrentf

[quote postid="4340299" user="fuzznarf"]So the contest is good as long as something that you want to see win actually wins??

I've just taken notice that it just seems like its more of a beat up on Ramyb thing every time he submits. Like I said, he does turtles, its not that hard to understand. People like turtles, and he's smart enough to keep rehashing the same old theme (and penguins, bunnies, etc). And it IS as simple as "just don't click". Obviously someone is clicking. So what if it not you (not YOU in particular). Click what you like and what happens happens. Life goes on. They are shirts.quote]

fuzznarf, I think you need to read a bit more in the thread.

If the clicking is being done by the artist to drive votes, drive the shirt into the fog, drive it to print which will result in money for the artist, that is a problem.

If the art itself isn't original, and by that I mean stolen not just "bad" or "not my style", then some other artist somewhere is being harmed. Some other artist's work is being used to generate an actual monetary gain.

This is all a bit deeper if this artist is using alternate accounts to "create" votes for his own entry, and if this artist takes designs from other artists. It isn't about the 50 or 100 or 200 votes that are actually individuals who like cute turtles. There can be fans of this artist's work, but it isn't fair at all to the other entries and entrants if this artist's work comes out pre-packaged with a large number of votes from the artist's own accounts, nor is it fair if this artist took someone else's work and made it his/her own.

BTW, the Calvin & Hobbes issue really drives this home for me. I'm a huge C&H fan, and just read the Retrospective book last night. Bill Watterson worked very hard to protect his art, and he deserves to have his creation stand as he wanted it to.

1st Burgandy Olfactory Center 12/1/2010! w00t!!11!!
2nd Burgandy Olfactory Center 12/6/2011! w00t!!11!!

SunnyLea0

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SunnyLea0
Re: Tori, Torii, Tortoise

Wow... lovely!

TheChaoticFlame

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheChaoticFlame
Re: Tattered Tetrahedral Terrarium

I like the tetrahedral terrarium, and the viney bits!

I think it could be improved by using flowers that are more appropriate for the woody vine. If not 100% biologically realistic, I would suggest using something that's at least not as readily recognizable as daisies.

SunnyLea0

Re: Thunderbird

Johndis5 wrote:Looks like a terrible Harley-Davidson shirt.

While I'd take umbrage with the "terrible" part, I can't help but agree with the rest.

This makes me think of my heavy-metal-listening, redneck uncle in the 80s.

linedel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages linedel
specsmachine wrote:I had those, too! The series was called "Dinosaurs Attack!" from 1988 and it was a spinoff of the "Mars Attacks" cards (the ones that Tim Burton based his movie on) from the 60's. You can check them out HERE.

And if anyone wants a stack of those Dinosaurs Attack cards, free, I'd love to get them out of my condo...

obligatory slightly more topical comment: I still want to buy Duck and Cover.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: Angry Turtle

Does remind me a bit of Gamera. This would benefit from some context; not just background, but why is the turtle angry?

SunnyLea0

Re: Toast and Tea

Yay!

paigeg

Re: Shedding Tears

Wow. This is - odd. Totally unexpected, and wonderfully - odd.

walmazan

odysseyroc wrote:Is there a reason why most Mexican spots only have carnitas and Menudo on the weekends? Is that just a traditional thing, or what? Because, 9 out of 10 times I really want carnitas like on a wednesday or something and end up have to spend several hours making them myself.

My neighbor wants to try out this new Mexican restaurant that just opened near us. Being in St Louis, I don't know what to expect. It'll probably either be mediocre or dog food. But I'm up for the adventure, then again I was the time I got a tamal that tasted like play-doh, in Sprinfield IL.

I think is because tacos de carnitas are more like breakfast-lunch dish, so is more usual to sell during the weekends when the people don't work, but I just guessing. A lot of places in mexico open all week too.

Good luck with the new restaurant! I hope is good!

Saludos amigo!

paigeg

Re: Tail, BLue tail

Is this a character of yours? It'd be great if you could post a link to a larger image we could look at.

paigeg

Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=49730]T-Bucket

Well, a re-title with a take on T=2=Duece would take care of that. But, I agree the 't' shape really isn't working.