steph157

quality posts: 0 Private Messages steph157
Re: Tesla the Time Lord

Yes! Tesla & the Tardis! I would not only buy this but buy more than one and give them to all my geek/nerdy friends!

watcher2001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages watcher2001
Re: its a trapezoid

I am confused as well. They say this looks too much like ackbar yet the character in the "Poker Game" shirt looked way more like him.
http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=15862
And lets not forget the classic "It's a trap" shirt
http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=15862

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
kylemittskus wrote:Specifically, one of the "Primary Rights" of IP is Copyright. Any questions, class?

jessibot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jessibot

I love Discworld! Nice work!

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
Re: turtle tutoring

Whatever it is, it's not a particularly clever take on an existing idea.

jenthefangirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenthefangirl
Re: Tesla the Time Lord

I need this. I need this like WHOA! Tell me where to buy it and I will purchase right now!!

kinzoku

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kinzoku
Re: turned-over turtle

Context or no, I would definitely wear this. That is the best frustrated turtle face ever.

scrotor451

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scrotor451

This shirt needs to win.

fishstix56

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fishstix56

Although this turtle was posted as a dig at you-know-who, I really liked this design. The childlike drawing and the emotion in it really appeals to me. I wish it could win. Sigh.

bonezz322

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bonezz322
Re: Trilobite

Trilobite T-Shirt!

Hope you like the design.

{{volmod edit: advertising belongs in your signature and not in your comments. To edit your signature, please click on "my account" found under your username at the top of any woot page. Thanks.}}

gnusnap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gnusnap
Re: Thermal Tokyo 2.0

Resubmission with different design thumbnail to show more of the design.

T is for Thermal Vision and how useful it might have been in historical Tokyo.

...ninja

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan
Re: The Tallest dino

Congrats in your firs sub here! looks so nice!

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
Re: Tame Tiger Shark: Re Sub

nice resub, the background is still reminicient of the previous version. this would also be neat using the same dots you have here, but instead of horizontal lines, put them into moderately wavy lines

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: Awkward Turtle

I am going to address a few issues that have been brought up as it is only fair to do so. I am going to be a succinct as possible.

1) Most of us don't know RamyB at all and have no personal feelings outside of this site against him.
2) No one is jealous of his success. Prove it? Most artists here are praised and we want them to succeed because we want to buy their stuff!
3) We want to click because we realize that there is $1,000 plus more at stake here.
4) The main problem most of us have is when a submitter (any submitter!) uses images or ideas that have already been done. The reason that this thread is so long is because he has done it soooo many times. I don't like 95% of the designs on this site, but if the design is an original idea or an original take on a common idea, GREAT! This shirt, for example, is neither.
5) I think that the fact that these threads end up in ad hominem attacks (I am guilty of this as well) is frustrating. We should be able to have a civil discourse about a shirt and its merit to print or not. Hence, this response to some of the comments that have been made, not in support of this shirt but against those of us who don't think it deserves to print.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
paigeg wrote:I do like the way the blacks are registering on the gray. I wonder what a sepia tone on cream would look like? GMV either way.

Thanks! I tried cream and yellow shirts with the yellow knocked out from the colored version, but it didn't look as good.

Thanks for the vote!

skaake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skaake
runnerfrog13 wrote:nice resub, the background is still reminicient of the previous version. this would also be neat using the same dots you have here, but instead of horizontal lines, put them into moderately wavy lines

I had thought of trying to use wavy lines, but I'm using photoshop 3 and I couldn't get the curves even. I just found out about the free program, "inkscape" from a thread on the "Triceratops" entry. Maybe if I have time I'll try uploading my picture to inkscape and play around with the background.

{{volmod edit: advertising for your derby entries belongs in your signature, NOT in your comments. Please refrain from advertising within your comments. Note that images will not show up in your signature until you have made a purchase from any woot site. Thank you.}}

Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
~Henry Van Dyke

melquam

quality posts: 1 Private Messages melquam
walmazan wrote:Jalapeño popper it's my fav!

Love the idea!

Thanks! Getting a positive comment from you is very exciting. I can scratch one item off of my shirt.woot derby bucket list!

melquam

quality posts: 1 Private Messages melquam
carmelpixie wrote:I absolutely love tater-tots. This makes me want to go out and get some. I also am not entirely digging the black shirt. But I like it enough that I'd wear it anyway. :P +1

Thanks for the vote!

What color do you think would work better?

I did one on brown, and made the image a bit smaller on the shirt, but I didn't bother to resub because I didn't really think it had a chance to win.

For now, I'm just happy people like what I'm doing. I'll get to the top one day.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow
jboshaw wrote:i really think you need to make a cookbook with all of your recipes for tacos and taco-related foods. and draw them in fun scenarios.

If you and Walmazan collaborated on a cookbook, I'd be in for one.

celticcat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages celticcat

I want this shirt so bad!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
odysseyroc wrote:I like that the parody versions end up being infinitely more charming than the original.

This is both ironic and sad. This shirt is seriously funny, both in and out of context. And it seriously is better than the [one] that's in the fog. +1 fo' sho'!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

npromero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npromero
Re: Talkie Walkie with Better Lines :D

Hey guys,

I know that there's a lot more important things going on in here.
I just wanted to let you all know that my Tablet just came in the mail! I can finally start sketching and painting with something other than my mouse!

Im so excited!

Had to get that out there.

:D,
Stinko-Man

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 218 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Trigonometree

Very nice job, PixelPants! The joke and styling are brilliantly executed.

+1 ^__^

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
kylemittskus wrote:This is both ironic and sad. This shirt is seriously funny, both in and out of context. And it seriously is better than the [one] that's in the fog. +1 fo' sho'!

Here's the thing about it, some people learn to draw by doing nothing but drawing, and they end up developing a personal style. Some people learn to draw by copying other people's drawings and that's all they can really do. Meg, Chump and Midge can draw in any style and you'd still see their personal sensibilities come through, that's why it's so great. It's also why TGentry's piece in the Kawaii derby was great.

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
kylemittskus wrote:I am going to address a few issues that have been brought up as it is only fair to do so. I am going to be a succinct as possible.

1) Most of us don't know RamyB at all and have no personal feelings outside of this site against him.
2) No one is jealous of his success. Prove it? Most artists here are praised and we want them to succeed because we want to buy their stuff!
3) We want to click because we realize that there is $1,000 plus more at stake here.
4) The main problem most of us have is when a submitter (any submitter!) uses images or ideas that have already been done. The reason that this thread is so long is because he has done it soooo many times. I don't like 95% of the designs on this site, but if the design is an original idea or an original take on a common idea, GREAT! This shirt, for example, is neither.
5) I think that the fact that these threads end up in ad hominem attacks (I am guilty of this as well) is frustrating. We should be able to have a civil discourse about a shirt and its merit to print or not. Hence, this response to some of the comments that have been made, not in support of this shirt but against those of us who don't think it deserves to print.

Well said.

wotto

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wotto
Re: Thunderbird

Incredible energy in this design. Should win.

wotto

Re: Toucan Sheds His Tint

love this

wotto

Re: True Love

Hilarious +1

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine

I'm a sucker for food shirts. Will definitely have to buy.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg

I think I'd say it's as least as fun and clever as anything in the Life Is Good line, or the better Rage Face meme comics. Take that as you will. At the very, very least, this shows a much better sense of color than the fogging sub. I would definitely wear this with a secret smile, knowing it was more than met the eye.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 37 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Totally added my vote and honestly, I would love to wear this! You captured the turtle's frustration perfectly. Cute, funny, hidden message... my kind of shirt for sure.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 37 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: Thermal Tokyo 2.0

Very clever idea! I hope this thumbnail helps out with votes. +1

npromero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npromero
npromero wrote:Hey guys,

I know that there's a lot more important things going on in here.
I just wanted to let you all know that my Tablet just came in the mail! I can finally start sketching and painting with something other than my mouse!

Im so excited!

Had to get that out there.

:D,
Stinko-Man

Okay last time to bother.

But i just did a 2 sec sketch on my new Tab.
The "T" words are
Terrifying TB (Tuberculosis)

http://i.imgur.com/TBrvX.jpg

I wanna sit here and play with it but work is calling.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: TREX THROUGH TIME

Yay! I knew this was a DCD sub from the thumb, Reminds me of stuff like Time Tunnel.

coolestghoul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coolestghoul

My favorite part about woot is that for every shirt printed that I don't like, there are still 6 other days in the week.

I don't like this shirt. But I don't like a lot of shirts either. Thankfully, there are 365 days this year (366 next year FTW).

Anyhow, 'Tofu' is totally going to kick this contest's butt. And I'm dropping $15 on that bad-boy the minute it does.

SunnyLea0

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SunnyLea0
Re: Trio of Takoyaki

For some reason, I want to eat these. They just look like tasty little morsels to me.

zizzyb123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zizzyb123
Re: Whoa i just realized the little fish by the toucan's foot. Did everybody else notice that?Toucan Sheds His Tint

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic

I don't think it's shocking that people like this and aren't just voting because its funny, meaning they are voting because they would actually buy and wear it. This piece is over flowing with emotion, and on top of that, it's regarding subject matter that we can all understand. It's art that strikes both the mind and heart. I would wear it too.

odysseyroc wrote:Here's the thing about it, some people learn to draw by doing nothing but drawing, and they end up developing a personal style. Some people learn to draw by copying other people's drawings and that's all they can really do. Meg, Chump and Midge can draw in any style and you'd still see their personal sensibilities come through, that's why it's so great. It's also why TGentry's piece in the Kawaii derby was great.

Well most people probably didn't see mine since it was only up for about 3 minutes. I kind of wish I didn't delete my link, but I did not have the heart to leave it up. It was too mean and possibly offensive. I apologize.

I just got mad when that person started attacking the artists in that thread. I had to retaliate. I should stop reading the main thread so I don't come across those Jatravartid comments, but the main thread is great way to see what members of this community would like to see... research and whatnot.

anyhoo, I think this piece makes Midge a living legend here at woot

juliaL719

quality posts: 0 Private Messages juliaL719

I'm sorry, but this simply isn't shiny enough.

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Thomas, the Eye of Sodor

Thanks Meg and Ressa!