quality posts: 0 Private Messages gerardson

He he he well its from a friend u see
http://www.sofurry.com/page/122537/user

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Toast and Tea
SunnyLea0 wrote:Yay!

Yay!=)

skaake wrote:Wow, this is so cute! Now you've got me craving toast and tea... yum!

Thanks skaake! I encourage you to have some toast and tea... since creating this design, I've been having them with increased frequency:D

carmelpixie wrote:It's just killing me to see this going in and out of the fog! Needs more votes! I really want this shirt! <3

Aw, thanks! Me too! It does need more votes, it's dropped another 2 places:/ Glad you like it carmelpixie.

Vote!

alfbo

quality posts: 12 Private Messages alfbo
coolestghoul wrote:My favorite part about woot is that for every shirt printed that I don't like, there are still 6 other days in the week.

I don't like this shirt. But I don't like a lot of shirts either. Thankfully, there are 365 days this year (366 next year FTW).

Anyhow, 'Tofu' is totally going to kick this contest's butt. And I'm dropping $15 on that bad-boy the minute it does.

It's only $10 the first day of sale. Send me the other $5 for saving you some dough!

Imposter Pete was Unprepared for the Almost Human Nightmare Cuckoo Clock. The Walrus and Eggmen were the Height of Envy at the Monkey Bar. See the DJ spinning records on a Flora Phonograph while simultaneously playing Rock, Paper, Scissorhold.

jasneko

Re: Tanned face

Love your style Naolito... I find myself drawn to what I see in your thumbnails.

Vote!

Rhoswen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rhoswen

Tis' as if the Universe gave me a hug. This shirt design is a Fantastic idea.

jasneko

Re: Tempest in a teapot
ryleek wrote:Love the design, colors, all of it!

Thank you ryleek!

Vote!

jensblackeyedsusan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jensblackeyedsusan
Re: turned-over turtle

So, I was definitely one of the people who came to the other artist's defense, but I would SO take this shirt over the other one. This parody is hilarious and has just enough character that I would TOTALLY wear it. Plus I love that the shirt is green. Thanks for making me laugh tonight!

dm19925

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dm19925
Re: TriceraTops

wow. there are alot of better shirts out there. its nice n ot saying no but there are coller and better shirts

jensblackeyedsusan

Re: Taxidermed Two-headed Tramp

It's also unfortunate placement for some of us females....if you understand my meaning.

The design is a tad on the creepy side, particularly because most people haven't gotten over their fear of IT. But I love the way it was executed (no pun intended). I like your clear lines and the shapes of the faces. I just personally wear a shirt with dead clowns on it. Keep it up, though!

palookaboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages palookaboy
kylemittskus wrote:[succinct, well pointed post]

OMGAWWWWL then don't vote for it! Also, you're obviously jealous of his success.

There, now that that's out of the way, nobody else has to say it.

Well put, Kyle.

What really bothers me about this is that it hasn't been rejectionatored despite explicit examples that similar shirts exist. Shirts are knocked out for this on a regular basis. Ramy's cliche entries? Nope.

skaake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skaake
cherylfrancis wrote:I'm just gonna copy and paste what I wrote on the other turtle thread:
Wow. I'm not exactly sure how to get in on this thread, so I'll just type here at the bottom. I am new to this site, new to the whole tshirt business. I've submitted 2 designs that have gone absolutely nowhere. You guys are ruthless, and I love it. It's good to be in a community where people stand up and shout. I know now to bring my a-game. Thanks!

And..umm...how do I get my tshirt image to show up on my comments?

Here is what I do:

To explain (hopefully):

1. The part where it says "website goes here"(see above): Go to your shirt's page– you know, the one where you have a picture of your design on a t-shirt. Copy the web address of that and past it– delete "website goes here" just in case that wasn't clear ;D P.S. This part is set up so that people can actually click on your box and it will take them to your derby entry.

2. The part where it says "image goes here" (see above): On the same page that you copied your web address on, there is your large t-shirt preview, and then to the right a little box showing your thumbnail. "Control" click on this thumbnail and a list of options pop up. Choose– "copy image location." Then, past this where it says "image goes here" and delete "image goes here."

If you notice up at the top I have the dimensions set at 90x90. You can make your image bigger or smaller by upping or lowering that number.

I hope that was helpful!

Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
~Henry Van Dyke

jensblackeyedsusan

jensblackeyedsusan wrote:It's also unfortunate placement for some of us females....if you understand my meaning.

The design is a tad on the creepy side, particularly because most people haven't gotten over their fear of IT. But I love the way it was executed (no pun intended). I like your clear lines and the shapes of the faces. I just personally wear a shirt with dead clowns on it. Keep it up, though!

I just WOULDN'T personally wear a shirt with dead clowns on it**

Curse my horrible typing skills. :P

skaake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skaake
skaake wrote:Here is what I do:

[ url=website goes here][/url]

To explain (hopefully):

1. The part where it says "website goes here"(see above): Go to your shirt's page– you know, the one where you have a picture of your design on a t-shirt. Copy the web address of that and past it– delete "website goes here" just in case that wasn't clear ;D P.S. This part is set up so that people can actually click on your box and it will take them to your derby entry.

2. The part where it says "image goes here" (see above): On the same page that you copied your web address on, there is your large t-shirt preview, and then to the right a little box showing your thumbnail. "Control" click on this thumbnail and a list of options pop up. Choose– "copy image location." Then, past this where it says "image goes here" and delete "image goes here."

If you notice up at the top I have the dimensions set at 90x90. You can make your image bigger or smaller by upping or lowering that number.

I hope that was helpful!

Oops, it wasn't showing the formula. If you notice, at the very beginning between the bracket and the "U" of URL there is a space. I added this space so the formula would show up. When you use this formual, take out the space. Sorry about that

Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
~Henry Van Dyke

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: Thomas, the Eye of Sodor

I'm with you. Thomas is one scary choo choo and I have no doubt he currently resides at the base of Mount Doom. Even more frightening is Blaine the Mono from Stephen King's Dark Tower books. He scares me.

Rhoswen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rhoswen

Two cents: Stay with the black color. I like it because it looks as if our Tater-Tot Hero is fighting its way out of the dungeon of despair. If this wins, I plan to wear it to the State Fair.

spinachwrap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spinachwrap

Parody aside, I really would wear this. It is so angry!

krystlesue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krystlesue
Re: time-travelling t-rex!

Most adorablest tees ever! Teehee

clarinerd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages clarinerd
TheChaoticFlame wrote:I like the tetrahedral terrarium, and the viney bits!

I think it could be improved by using flowers that are more appropriate for the woody vine. If not 100% biologically realistic, I would suggest using something that's at least not as readily recognizable as daisies.

Thanks! and I see what you mean about the vine. I was going for something clematis like, but it did turn out more like daisies. Maybe it's a rare daisy/clematis hybrid?

justice180482

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justice180482
Re: French Toast Tower

I love french toast, the more the better. The idea of a Eiffel tower made out of French toast just kind of just popped into my head so I thought I would put it up quick as a late submission. Feedback is always welcome. :>)

miststlkr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages miststlkr
dalekempress wrote:If this gets rejected, just focus on the luggage. Think: Thousand Toed Trunk Trounces TSA.
There are so many wizards, if they don't recognize the luggage they're not going to get it anyway.

What the Dalek said.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Turtle Tshirt Jealousy

Jealous of all the turtle tshirts? Well, show your pride proudly!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
palookaboy wrote:OMGAWWWWL then don't vote for it! Also, you're obviously jealous of his success.

There, now that that's out of the way, nobody else has to say it.

Well put, Kyle.

What really bothers me about this is that it hasn't been rejectionatored despite explicit examples that similar shirts exist. Shirts are knocked out for this on a regular basis. Ramy's cliche entries? Nope.

This is really the crux of the insult.

There is plenty that can be said about why pure democracies don't work. Every time someone casts a vote that is uneducated and makes a huge difference, even if that vote is for something positive, it proves where it is broken. This is true of all things. And in the world of shirts THIS COMPETITION IS A HUGE ISSUE. There is only one major site that has remotely similar sales and a larger base payout. There is $1000 on the line. If you make $1000 during a single work week, you have a right to laugh at how important that is. No one else does. This is a big deal for the mostly amateur designers who enter here. Ramy is amateur in his overall oeuvre, not just his professional artistic standing, but most of the most popular users here are not professional artists either, and those who ARE pro are regularly engaged in totally different artistic pursuits, where you wouldn't ever know the shirt art from the "pro" art. And when this is a big deal, you should be voting with that deal in mind. There is a lot that needs to go into a print, and quality should ALWAYS be tantamount. You can analyze quality without liking something... I don't think I own any of the shirts I've believed to be the absolute best done here. I own many great ones, but the truly great pieces that printed are not always my taste. And yet, I have cheered those pieces, because they are of an undeniable merit. This only has "popularity". So does the Biebs. He is not a musician any more than Ramy is an artist. If in 2010, a poll of influential musicians had come out and people had voted bieber #1, over the Beatles, let's say, or Michael Jackson, or Nirvana, or anyone of similar stature for song quality and relevance, they would never have published it, or would have mocked the choice and the people who chose it. People are faulty, and some honors should not be bestowed by the masses alone. Especially when there is money involved. Especially when the recipient has strong ties to frauds involving fake internet handles and falsified names increasing exposure in real life as well. These are facts.

But even if we pretend that democracy ISNT broken by necessity, and that woot doesn't prove it in these situations, there is the BASIC inequality. This has similar shirts exist. Many of them. And is not rejected. And yet great designs are rejected for slightly imperfect shades of the tee in the mock-up. There are strong, well-spoken and well-evidenced opinions that can be offered as to why his work is inferior, which are only ever countered with "UR JELLIS I LIKE THIS SO I VOTE JUST DONT VOTE BECUZ I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY VOTES MEAN SOMETHING QQ WHATEVER THAT MEANS." But at the end of the day, what happens to him more than anyone is that a design will exist which is CLEARLY in violation of BASIC rules anyone else would get the axe for, and yet no one dodges these basic bullets more than he does. And no one at woot has the cojones to respond to it. There needs to be a dialog if woot is going to make these choices out of nowhere. It needs to be continually open so we know all of what they are thinking, and know they are listening to our responses and responding back. There cannot be such huge discrepancies of enforcement of rules that have so little room for interpretation. And that should be an offense anyone can understand. If they do not, they have no right to argue, because that is no longer opinion. There are facts here. And those facts are being ignored when things like this are ignored.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

skaake wrote:Oops, it wasn't showing the formula. If you notice, at the very beginning between the bracket and the "U" of URL there is a space. I added this space so the formula would show up. When you use this formual, take out the space. Sorry about that

Except that one does not put advertising for one's derby entries within one's comments. Advertising derby entries belongs in your signature, NOT in your comment. Images will not show up in your signature as you have not yet bought anything from any woot site. That's too bad, but please be aware that advertising in comments is considered spam and will be treated as such after fair warning. If you look around at the comments of all other artists on this site, they advertise within their signatures as well. You have a quote within your signature, so you know how to edit it, which is good. As you can't have images until you are a woot-purchaser, why not try some text links?
Thanks.

zekecatz

quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz
Re: Turtle Tshirt Jealousy

Yea! Turtle Power.

SkekTek

Re: Tape Terrorism

This is awesome. It's a well executed piece with perfectly chosen colors. Got my vote!

lancerc07

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lancerc07

Excellent Pew Pew. I'd wear it.

SkekTek

Re: Toast and Tea

Another killer design, jas! Way to go!

(Though I must say, scones work better with tea)

k8edid3

quality posts: 2 Private Messages k8edid3
sTyLeS wrote:Wow. That is the exact turtle used.
If you overlay it onto the shirt, it's an exact match which means this design is a trace of a copyrighted photo. And for woot, that's a big no-no.

agreed. so why hasn't this been rejected yet?

sodalite

quality posts: 11 Private Messages sodalite
Re: Tesla the Time Lord

this is awesome! rock on this is the coolest ever!! tesla and tardis why didn't i think of it :p

bluejester

quality posts: 557 Private Messages bluejester
AdderXYU wrote:This is really the crux of the insult.

There is plenty that can be said about why pure democracies don't work. Every time someone casts a vote that is uneducated and makes a huge difference, even if that vote is for something positive, it proves where it is broken. This is true of all things. And in the world of shirts THIS COMPETITION IS A HUGE ISSUE. There is only one major site that has remotely similar sales and a larger base payout. There is $1000 on the line. If you make $1000 during a single work week, you have a right to laugh at how important that is. No one else does. This is a big deal for the mostly amateur designers who enter here. Ramy is amateur in his overall oeuvre, not just his professional artistic standing, but most of the most popular users here are not professional artists either, and those who ARE pro are regularly engaged in totally different artistic pursuits, where you wouldn't ever know the shirt art from the "pro" art. And when this is a big deal, you should be voting with that deal in mind. There is a lot that needs to go into a print, and quality should ALWAYS be tantamount These are facts.

I believe that you meant to say paramount

Also, other people have stated more eloquently, more kindly, and more succintly than you have the problems with this shirt.

You want Ramyb to stop posting stuff here or to try harder? Then stop insulting every other person on this website who doesn't agree exactly with your tastes. Yes, this design has numerous flaws. Yes, it does show laziness in both artistry and concept. But know this, you will never come across as more than a common internet troll, despite your essay length verbosity, if you don't tone down your rhetoric and vitriol towards not just Ramyb, but towards your fellow human beings.

Coffeesloth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Coffeesloth
Re: Size matters

I really don't understand why this one would be rejected because of copyrighted characters and the poker game made it through...

moravianqueen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moravianqueen
MacTheHero wrote:Behold Nikola Tesla the Transient Traveling Time Lord.
His Tardis is a tribute to Nikola's Wardenclyffe Lab and screwdriver to the Tesla Coil.

If you enjoy please vote.

I want this shirt so badly! My two favorite science-related people COMBINED.

lobstahfi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lobstahfi

agreed with carmelpixie, I really would love if this shirt got printed

KWildman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KWildman

As an mechatronic engineering student, I'd love to wear this!

KWildman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KWildman
KWildman wrote:As an mechatronic engineering student, I'd love to wear this!

Oops - as a* mechatronic... XD

ryleek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryleek

I'm confused. The two images in the comp look different, one with the media players and one without. Which one are we voting on?

Thanks.

Yourkiddingright

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Yourkiddingright
Re: Awkward Turtle

I know links were posted before for shirts but here's some more evidence

Very similar body and head shape, although with more detail skill and feeling of course.

I really like this one since it appears to be licensed goods Yeah lawsuit!

More shirts

I'll post more as I find them. If this isn't enough evidence I don't know what it will take.

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15
kylemittskus wrote:I am going to address a few issues that have been brought up as it is only fair to do so. I am going to be a succinct as possible.

1) Most of us don't know RamyB at all and have no personal feelings outside of this site against him.
2) No one is jealous of his success. Prove it? Most artists here are praised and we want them to succeed because we want to buy their stuff!
3) We want to click because we realize that there is $1,000 plus more at stake here.
4) The main problem most of us have is when a submitter (any submitter!) uses images or ideas that have already been done. The reason that this thread is so long is because he has done it soooo many times. I don't like 95% of the designs on this site, but if the design is an original idea or an original take on a common idea, GREAT! This shirt, for example, is neither.
5) I think that the fact that these threads end up in ad hominem attacks (I am guilty of this as well) is frustrating. We should be able to have a civil discourse about a shirt and its merit to print or not. Hence, this response to some of the comments that have been made, not in support of this shirt but against those of us who don't think it deserves to print.

Did someone hack your account? Because does NOT sound like anything you've said before.

I agree with every word^

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

musicshark32

quality posts: 3 Private Messages musicshark32
Johndis5 wrote:http://www.cafepress.com/doonidesigns.333498386

http://www.etsy.com/listing/22013708/upsidedown-turtle-t-shirt-sizes-12mo-5t

http://www.redbubble.com/people/rajee/t-shirts/5525208-1-upside-down-turtle

http://www.zazzle.com/upside_down_tshirt-235188208546031433

edit: http://www.wearyourstory.com/awkward-turtle.html

isn't this shirt just a reference to the awkward turtle?
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=awkward%20turtle

there's no copyright infringement here. it's just a pop culture reference. but i do agree that this design should be rejected for the reason that "similar shirts exist".

that being said, rush job or not, this design is still probably the best out of all of those.

• Random Crap - 11

musicshark32

quality posts: 3 Private Messages musicshark32

i'm sorry, but this is just downright mean.

• Random Crap - 11