Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15
midgerock wrote:saved!

I like turtlez and they start with the letter T. This one is turned-over for the double t! I hope everyone likes it and I spent a long time on it. There's 3 colors used on green.

I don't think you spent much time on this at all. It looks like a 3-year-old drew it.

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

jadeirene

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jadeirene
megsck wrote:this ones for you midge ;)

This is an awesome design. It's the best turtle design in the derby. Even if you took out the text, it would still make sense and still be hilarious.

lkackman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lkackman
Re: Toucan Sheds His Tint

Nice use of a yellow shirt. This may be my second one ever.

mindputtee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mindputtee
Re: Tesla the Time Lord

Likelikelikelike.

This really makes me hope for a doctor who Tesla episode, it would be awesome.

palookaboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages palookaboy
musicshark32 wrote:that being said, rush job or not, this design is still probably the best out of all of those.

I don't even know about that. It's got the most polish, but it's also got dead eyes and a bizarre expression.

brisky86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brisky86
Re: Technologic.

I really like this one.
If it's not made I must know if it goes to another site!

zekecatz

quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz
palookaboy wrote:I don't even know about that. It's got the most polish, but it's also got dead eyes and a bizarre expression.

Would that be Turtle Wax polish?

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
cherylfrancis wrote:Thanks for the advise everybody. I'm thinking I need to steer more to the cutesy, even artsy subjects.

Creepy can work just fine IMO, see Edgar or Drakxxx for example. Shirt.woot has cutesy in spades already IMO.

Just no clowns, ack!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

anameicanget

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anameicanget
bassanimation wrote:This is really cool! I wish it was a bit bigger on the shirt, but it's way nice!

Thanks bass. Sorry it took me so long to get to responding. Graphics masters takes more time for projects than I ever thought... Thanks for the support and I love your work.

nsomniotic

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nsomniotic
Re: THE TRUE father TIME

As soon as I saw the Cuckoo clock in the thumbnail I knew I wanted it. Then I saw the beard and I was sold.

And here I was, saying I absolutely would not buy a turtle shirt!

I love all of the details, the expression & just pretty much everything over all. I would love to own it & probably get one for my sister. Great job!

wootastical.

nsomniotic

Re: THE TRUE father TIME

Just had to add - I just noticed the scythe. I just keep finding more things to love.

wootastical.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
bluejester wrote:I believe that you meant to say paramount

Also, other people have stated more eloquently, more kindly, and more succintly than you have the problems with this shirt.

You want Ramyb to stop posting stuff here or to try harder? Then stop insulting every other person on this website who doesn't agree exactly with your tastes. Yes, this design has numerous flaws. Yes, it does show laziness in both artistry and concept. But know this, you will never come across as more than a common internet troll, despite your essay length verbosity, if you don't tone down your rhetoric and vitriol towards not just Ramyb, but towards your fellow human beings.

Tantamount implies that nothing should be higher, as well. You can have other beliefs which come up to and meet quality, but that should never supersede. Quality can be paramount, and I feel that is a sound way to judge, but it should always be at least as important as any other justification for voting. There is no excuse for anything else. No one should be voting for designs which do not have quality equal to any other positive element. Ideally, quality should also be the top element.

Nothing I do will get rid of Ramy. That needs to be woot's job. But if you cannot grasp how that is wrong, I have nothing to say to you. If people are wrong, and if people are wrong in ways that no educated person can justify, they do not deserve respect. If you believe the world is flat, I am not going to coddle you, and this is no different. There are facts at play, and people ARE WRONG. It is not my opinion. I have stated over and over again all the myriad reasons. And what it all boils down to is simply this: there is no excuse for Ramy to be here. Factual. Based on huge evidence. Irrefutable evidence. And by irrefutable, I mean like how climate change is irrefutable: there's always going to be someone who insists otherwise, but the evidence is so overwhelmingly against them that they should be ashamed.

You note something very important: problems with this shirt. But this shirt is not the problem. It is one more symptom. This shirt should be rejected, and people have noted this. But if it doesn't, they'll move on. And that is why nothing changes. That is why we've gotten to the point of this. I am no less eloquent, but far more angry, because I care about this stopping. Not rejecting this shirt so much as rejecting the sort of mediocrity and laxness and all-around ignoring of rules that allows this. Rejecting the culture of "if it makes money, it is good" and the culture of "I know it's lazy and I don't care." If this shirt gets rejected, and it should, it is not a victory. It starts again next week. the same disrespect for theme, the same disrespect for quality, the same disrespect for originality.

That is why I respect those who deserve it and disrespect those who do not (and if you haven't seen both, and often to the same person, you have had intentional blinders on). If you are a parent, you don't not scold your kid when they're wrong, and that is someone you're supposed to care about deeply. Strangers, not so much. This is a huge cultural flaw, and we as a culture need to fight it. Glorifying and respecting a culture of artistic mediocrity leads to accepting all mediocrity. It leads to us seeing a problem and saying "that's how it is" instead of fixing it. It leads to people who consider education elitist, because education opens our minds and fosters our creative endeavors. It leads to a death of culture: art has always relied on money, but never before has the money trumped the actual art to such a degree.

Trolls exist to stir the pot. I exist because the world deserves more, and if it cannot be brought about in a small community, it is futile. I refuse to believe that. It's very simple to understand. The majority of artists here understand what I am here for. You do not. And it is clear why. You see this as one design, and I see this one design as one more reason there needs to be HUGE reform here, because it's one example in hundreds, for this user alone, let alone the derby at large, let alone in his "artistic career" in general. There is far more at stake here. You don't care about that bigger picture. You care about this, maybe, but you are ignoring what it means, and what needs to be done to prevent it from happening again. You may never understand that, and it is not my job to change your mind or anyone's. That is not how change works. It requires the boldness to do what is right, even at the risk of offending people who will never understand, for the sake of producing a generation that can say "I can't believe we ever really believed that people did that." Will our society ever care about woot in 50 years? I doubt it'll even still exist by the time I'm dead. But again, this is about the bigger picture. If we can fix it at woot, we can make strides to fix it throughout the arts, and if we can do that, we can begin chipping away at the culture of mediocrity and greed inherent in our modern world. In our current economy, it is insulting to everyone to allow people to make scads of money with no work involved.

anameicanget

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anameicanget
chumpmagic wrote:This is definitely something I would rock with pride! I am kind of curious to see how it would work as an oversize print.

Awesome job!

Thanks chump magic. Love your father time illu. It has a lot of personality. Hope to have time to put out another piece next week

bluejester

quality posts: 558 Private Messages bluejester

Happily voted for this, and even happier to see this hop up to the fog. I like the way that you've used an entirely different color scheme than one might expect to pull this off.

nsomniotic

Re: Return of the Thylacine

I love this & I think you did an amazing job. I don't know if I'd wear it as a tshirt (I'd kind of love to just have you draw animals to frame on my walls as print to be honest - the anatomy is amazingly well-done!) However, I still put in my vote because it is fantastic & you deserve the recognition

wootastical.

dgshinkle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dgshinkle
anameicanget wrote:Thanks bass. Sorry it took me so long to get to responding. Graphics masters takes more time for projects than I ever thought... Thanks for the support and I love your work.

CRUD! My room mate was signed in on my Mac again... the past few coments from anameicanget are actually from me dgshinkle...

Edison Plays Dirty STAFF: Well, I tried. Looks like the image won't stay until you buy something. Still, please don't post your derby entry in the body of posts.

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea
SkekTek wrote:Jealous of all the turtle tshirts? Well, show your pride proudly!

Your turtle is upside down.

palookaboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages palookaboy
musicshark32 wrote:i'm sorry, but this is just downright mean.

I know, laughing at the poor, deranged turtle. It's not his fault he's capable of expressing emotion. Shame on you people!

lizardbits

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lizardbits
Re: turned-over turtle

lol. love this so much. angry awkward turtle.

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea
Assassin15 wrote:I don't think you spent much time on this at all. It looks like a 3-year-old drew it.

WHOOOOOOOOSH

jazzaholic17

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jazzaholic17
Re: Toast is super bread

My favorite shirt ever was a Walt Disney writing shirt submitted but never made, about 3 years ago. This comes the closest.

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
mindputtee wrote:I'm a meat eater, but I also love tofu.

I'm totally with you, mindputtee. People who are ideological about their food need to just chill out. Meat is awesome. Tofu is awesome. FOOD is awesome.

Oh, and Robbie? This is great. I know a whole lot of people I'll be pointing to the site if this prints.

jazzaholic17

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jazzaholic17
Re: Tree-age

A bit too Stanford-y for my taste, but a good shirt.

Mancho

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Mancho
jmmbell1987 wrote:I'm not a fan of glowy shirts in general, and I share some of kyle's misgivings about how this will print, but major props for your use of negative space here. Good stuff.

This

wootvan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan
Re: Turtle Tshirt Jealousy

Should there be a little artist in the background gleefully counting his money?

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
nsomniotic wrote:Just had to add - I just noticed the scythe. I just keep finding more things to love.

Thanks. I am glad to hear that you really like it. I wanted to add the scythe, but I didn't know how at first due to a turtles limbs. I am glad I got it in there without it looking silly, but it is somewhat hidden.

Thanks again!

Lagbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert
Re: Two Turntables and a Triceratops

DJ Three horns spins some tunes on his two turntables.

I'm really happy with how the shadows came out on this design.

Comments and suggestions are appreciated.

ryleek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryleek

Really, as of right now, this is by far my favorite in the derby.

Siax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Siax
Re: Thunderbird

Patrick I have never been so impressed by your work then i am right now +1!

mjmuna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjmuna

Rogerrogerroger is the most under-appreciated artist on Woot. Just sayin.

Love this. +1

bluejester

quality posts: 558 Private Messages bluejester

Nice, was wondering if anyone would do up that old Beck song. I like the color choice, but am a bit leary over the chest looking a little too human. I think that it might be the line that suggests pec muscles looks a little too...umm... *coughs politely* "boob-like."

Other than that great execution. Now if only some one would do up the "Taco Thermostat" idea I had, this derby would be complete...

ladypandy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ladypandy

WANT. Yep, think that covers it.

guitarrocker89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guitarrocker89

This. Is. Brilliant.

If it places, I'm ordering one so fast that it'll make woot's servers crash as hard as an eight year old experiencing a sugar coma on Halloween night.

Lagbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert

DJ Three Horns is spinning the tunes on his two turntables.

This is the second posting of this design. I noticed shortly after posting it that the triceratops was missing one of his collar bones. The missing collar bone makes a triumphant return.

Comments and suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

umoriara

quality posts: 0 Private Messages umoriara
ryleek wrote:I'm confused. The two images in the comp look different, one with the media players and one without. Which one are we voting on?

Thanks.

I think when he made the image small enough to put on the shirt temp that the lines are so small you can't see them properly. Its the same image though

loveengrey

quality posts: 5 Private Messages loveengrey

This isn't a normal woot kind of shirt. Try subbing at threadless or DBH? After a few months of course haha

Jake1364

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jake1364

I really hope this moves up more. Either shirt color is fine with me but I'd prefer the green.

+1 Woot!

Jake1364

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jake1364

This really needs to print!!

Editor's Choice perhaps?!??!

Woot!!!!!

melquam

quality posts: 1 Private Messages melquam
Rhoswen wrote:Two cents: Stay with the black color. I like it because it looks as if our Tater-Tot Hero is fighting its way out of the dungeon of despair. If this wins, I plan to wear it to the State Fair.

Thanks for your 2 cents. State Fair worthy is a good thing.

npromero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npromero
Re: Taxidermed Two-headed Tramp

amazing art brother! I wish I had as much skill! :D