npromero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npromero

I had a last min idea and no way Im working on it now, but I made a quick sketch for you all to see. Here's a thumb nail. If you follow the link you all can see Voldamort.

I was thinking something like Harry Totter (giggle giggle, that name sounds funny) -Eh maybe it's too much of a stretch anyways.

Sorry for the light colors. I had the idea as I was driving home and just sketched it really quick.

Have a great night everybody.

:D,
Stinko- Man

7anya

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 7anya
Re: Toast! (v2 - super edit)

Oh!!! I love this! I want to buy it!! Come oon! Toast is my nickname, it would be a perfect shirt. And super adorable.

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
jhartmus wrote:Funny....until you go walking during your lunch hour one day...

This is something I weighed up when I drew it. Trauma can be associated with just about anything, and I hope it does not come off as insensitive. The focus here is on the unlikely outcome and the 'what if' absurdity implied by textbook diagrams.

Spiritgreen wrote:Very nice job, PixelPants! The joke and styling are brilliantly executed.

Thanks very much Spiritgreen. Someone's fallen foul of that trigonometry diagram. This looks like a job for toast.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
CapSea wrote:Your turtle is upside down.

Oops. Oh well. One could also say that I should have put a headband on it too...

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
fishbiscuit5 wrote:I'm with you. Thomas is one scary choo choo and I have no doubt he currently resides at the base of Mount Doom. Even more frightening is Blaine the Mono from Stephen King's Dark Tower books. He scares me.

That guy isn't nearly as scary cuz he's trying so hard. Another parent friend said he thinks the humans on Thomas are all tiptoeing around trying to be polite to the demon-possessed trains that they're so terrified of.

dooomcat

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dooomcat

I love this, it's cute and unique and original and I really like grey shirts and I'm so sad to see it so far behind that turtle one... sometimes I feel like giving up on the derbies

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
Re: True Love

Thanks for all your comments! I'm so Happy with this one!

bcaff510

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bcaff510

i would rock that shirt

leprechaungirl

quality posts: 2 Private Messages leprechaungirl
sTyLeS wrote:Wow. That is the exact turtle used.
If you overlay it onto the shirt, it's an exact match which means this design is a trace of a copyrighted photo. And for woot, that's a big no-no.

And Now it's REJECTED! Why couldn't you draw your own turtle? They really aren't that difficult. This probably would have printed. You were home free! This sucks!

skaake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skaake
goldenthorn wrote:Except that one does not put advertising for one's derby entries within one's comments. Advertising derby entries belongs in your signature, NOT in your comment. Images will not show up in your signature as you have not yet bought anything from any woot site. That's too bad, but please be aware that advertising in comments is considered spam and will be treated as such after fair warning. If you look around at the comments of all other artists on this site, they advertise within their signatures as well. You have a quote within your signature, so you know how to edit it, which is good. As you can't have images until you are a woot-purchaser, why not try some text links?
Thanks.

Oops! Thanks for letting me know. I had no idea I wasn't supposed to post my shirt. I just saw other people doing it and thought that's how they did it. Yeah, that makes sense. I wondered why when I tried to put my picture in my signature it wouldn't appear– hence the quote. Though, that's my fav. quote, so that'd probably stay anyway . Thanks again!

Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
~Henry Van Dyke

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
marinacookie wrote:Not to be a tattletale, but ticks have 6 legs?

"Ticks belong to the class Arachnida, which includes spiders, scorpions, and mites. Ticks go through four life stages: egg, larvae, nymph, and adult. The larvae have six legs while the nymphs and the adults have eight. Ticks are divided into two families, "soft" ticks and "hard" ticks. The only source of nutrition that ticks use is the blood sucked from their hosts."

Source: http://www.lawestvector.org/tickbiology.htm

lotuspixie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lotuspixie

so glad to see this in the fog

astyrfan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages astyrfan
brisky86 wrote:I really like this one.
If it's not made I must know if it goes to another site!

Keep an eye on my newly-resurrected blog:

astyrfan.blogspot.com

-Ast

cherylfrancis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cherylfrancis
Re: Turtle Tshirt Jealousy

hehe,,,I'm new here. I'm so excited to be part of such a passionate community. Great piece!

jakyra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jakyra

Feed me Seymour!

Re: Treacherous Test Tube Specimen

tdallinger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tdallinger
Re: Taters Gonna Tate

I smell the Rejectionator for use of a character and possible use someone else's intellectual property. A friend came up with the idea but when I searched, someone else had illustrated the concept:

I drew it for my bud and figured I would sumbit it anyway. Rejectionator, I'll see you soon.

thurdl01

quality posts: 11 Private Messages thurdl01
Re: turned-over turtle

This t's totally terrific. Totally trumps tamer turtle touring top-nine territory. thurdl01 thinks this took tantamount talent. Ta.

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 59 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus
Re: True Love

oh my gosh, Walmazan. This is so darn adorable!

+1 (would vote more if I could)

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

GTAcrimelord

quality posts: 2 Private Messages GTAcrimelord
Re: Tofu, Food's Master of Disguise

Freaking brilliant. Good luck to you.

Day of Glory: 1/31/07 3:22pm cst
Random Brick of Carbonite (x3)

GTAcrimelord

quality posts: 2 Private Messages GTAcrimelord
Re: Tick-Tack-Toe

Superb execution of your idea. Well done sir, well done and GMV.

Day of Glory: 1/31/07 3:22pm cst
Random Brick of Carbonite (x3)

cherylfrancis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cherylfrancis
Re: Taxidermed Two-headed Tramp

Really...THANKS!! everybody!! I'm excited about tomorrow. I'm gonna put all of your advise to good use. I hope I hope I hope I can get into the groove of doing this on a weekly basis.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
garnetfirebird wrote:

Parody does not have to be specifically humorous or ironic or involve some form of commentary. It can be as basic as making something purposefully cuter than its original.

er. yes it does. otherwise it's not parody. This has nothing in it but representations of TMNT.

To that end, it should be rejected for being exactly like The Epic Begins, a similar shirt that was printed here and ALSO should have been rejected for IP infringement.

And it's still blatant pop culture with no further input, which woot said "don't do". Arguing this shouldn't be rejected goes against three very basic woot rules. And you really can't say "well woot doesn't care" as an argument. Woot is just as much at fault for not enforcing those rules.

bluejester

quality posts: 560 Private Messages bluejester
guitarrocker89 wrote:This. Is. Brilliant.

If it places, I'm ordering one so fast that it'll make woot's servers crash as hard as an eight year old experiencing a sugar coma on Halloween night.

This. Is. TESLA! ::kicks fellow wooter:: ;)

Joking aside, I too want to snatch this up opening day if it prints, but the funds are too low. So I am counting on a print of this and for it to stay in the reckoning for a while.

thatrobert

Re: The Mystery of the Bermuda Shorts Triangle

• Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • I think that I'll save the world as a fun afternoon activity.

thatrobert

Re: The Tsar's Treasures

• This is not SPAM.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.

thatrobert

Re: Tofu, Food's Master of Disguise

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: THE TRUE father TIME

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: The Tin Man's Broken Heart

• This is not SPAM.

royalsampler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages royalsampler

Great job. Great concept, beautiful art. Sorry it got the axe, keep up the good work and better luck next time!

npromero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npromero
cherylfrancis wrote:Really...THANKS!! everybody!! I'm excited about tomorrow. I'm gonna put all of your advise to good use. I hope I hope I hope I can get into the groove of doing this on a weekly basis.

on a quick side note.
I saw somewhere that you needed help adding a picture into the text. Well I searched everywhere last night and couldn't find it.

And than I felt Jatravartid. There's a formatting guide link on the bottom right of these little boxes. It tells you how to do everything and its pretty clear.

Im new here too by the way. Here's to learning. :D

Hope this helps.

thatrobert

Re: tentacular trap

• This is not SPAM.

Nightshooter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Nightshooter
Re: turned-over turtle

Turtle’s don’t have teeth... Also I have a hard time believing that you spent a lot of time on this. It looks like you made this (sketch) in your spare time.

thatrobert

Re: Tattoo Girl Goes for a Ride

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: Two Turntables and a Triceratops

Great idea and fun character. The night-time colors make sense but there is something unpleasant about the combination. Sorry if that sounds vague! I think a color change would improve this immensely.

Nightshooter

Re: NINJA TURTLE ..REALLY!?

raphael had sai's not a sword and stars. this would do much better if you had that correct.

Nightshooter

kylemittskus wrote:I have ZERO idea why my comment was deleted. This is obvious copyright infringement and it should be pointed out as such.

With the poorly drawn shells you cant be sure they are turtles.

kevlar51

quality posts: 45 Private Messages kevlar51
thatrobert wrote:

• This is not SPAM.

Thanks ThatRobert! And many thanks for the nomination, Brockart!!!

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: Turtle Tshirt Jealousy

Sadly, you cannot hide your skill. It plainly shows up in how you outlined your stick dude with the shirt.
I'm glad I probably won't have to buy all these turtle shirts, but this sure is fun.

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129
Re: tentacular trap

Really cool! Love the texture.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
Re: Two Turntables and a Triceratops

I agree with thatrorbert about the color. In my opinions the color combination is a little odd to begin with, but then you have similar vaues and saturation levels and it gets a a little hard to look at. I did a quick overpaint to show some areas where I think you can improve this. I also added a third color to sort of round things out a little bit.