pearlysepta

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pearlysepta
Re: Time for Tea

I think this shirt is very cute! I only have 4 comments:

1.The tea cup lines need to be cleaned up a bit as they are a little shaky.
2. It would look more awesome if the steam swirlies floated up a little higher from the cup.
3. The tea bag tag is a little small...I would make it a little larger for accuracy of actual tea bags.
4. The color of the tea in the cup seems a little too grey colored. Chai tea is more of a creamy caramel color.

Just some suggestions! I really love the idea of this shirt!

Lorena Newsome

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
gerardson wrote:He he he well its from a friend u see
http://www.sofurry.com/page/122537/user

Blammoe! Got blocked as "tea". Bad boy!

Lagbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert
thatrobert wrote:Great idea and fun character. The night-time colors make sense but there is something unpleasant about the combination. Sorry if that sounds vague! I think a color change would improve this immensely.

Thanks for the input. Any suggestions regarding a new color combination?

I was aiming for a club atmosphere. Harsh colored lights against darkness. I tried a monochromatic color set going from navy to cyan, but it just felt flat.

adanabbett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adanabbett
Re: Thermal Tokyo 2.0

I didn't see this before the resub. Boo! I hope it does help as my son would love this.

Nightshooter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Nightshooter
Nightshooter wrote:Turtle’s don’t have teeth... Also I have a hard time believing that you spent a lot of time on this. It looks like you made this (sketch) in your spare time.

If this was made to go against Ramyb's then my bad... Nice work. but if not then i mean what is above =]

frik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frik
Re: Awkward Turtle

No. Yes.

cherylfrancis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cherylfrancis
npromero wrote:on a quick side note.
I saw somewhere that you needed help adding a picture into the text. Well I searched everywhere last night and couldn't find it.

And than I felt Jatravartid. There's a formatting guide link on the bottom right of these little boxes. It tells you how to do everything and its pretty clear.

Im new here too by the way. Here's to learning. :D

Hope this helps.

Thank you! I don't know how to find you on here. I would love to check out what you're doing. I need a tutorial.

perry111

quality posts: 0 Private Messages perry111
Re: Tic Tac Tron

maybe if you had them turn instead of crossing for the Xs. it would probably work for that

Lagbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert
Re: turtle tutoring

This design violates intellectual property rights, but it does not violate copyright. Copyright only protects specific implementations of an idea, concept, etc.

This design violates the TMNT trademark. It is an obvious attempt to profit from the TMNT franchise without permission and clearly dilutes* the brand.

*legal term not a comment on the artist technical abilities.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Toast and Tea
SkekTek wrote:Another killer design, jas! Way to go!

(Though I must say, scones work better with tea)

Thanks Skek!

You prefer scones to toast eh.. fancy schmancy! Kidding;)

joemail11

quality posts: 34 Private Messages joemail11

In response to Adder:

I will not dispute the quality of this design, but your main fault is the assumption that shirt designs must be masterpieces. My theory proposes that, at times, mediocrity is preferable over perfection.

To begin with an example: While at home, I regularly grace my ears with the sound of classical (or more specifically, Romantic) music. Classical music is difficult to match in its intricacy, depth, and overall quality of composition. However, when I am in my car, I find myself listening to ZZ Top, which hardly compares to the complexity of classical music, yet, it fits the situation better than a masterpiece of music which requires careful listening to fully enjoy.

One can clearly see the direction I am taking this. Much like my preference of ZZ Top in my car, I WANT my shirts to be mediocre, consisting of a cheesy picture and a cheap laugh. A masterpiece on a T-shirt is completely out of place, as classical music is out of place while driving down the road.

So, while your analysis of the quality of shirt art is correct, your basic assumption that shirts need a beautiful design is misplaced.

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Re: Transilvanian trucker

sad this was rejected.
I would have love to have bought it and it was totally parody. sub it elsewhere after the 60 day chokehold over @ teefury or ript.
Would love to get one.

Lolyer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lolyer
Lagbert wrote:This design violates intellectual property rights, but it does not violate copyright. Copyright only protects specific implementations of an idea, concept, etc.

This design violates the TMNT trademark. It is an obvious attempt to profit from the TMNT franchise without permission and clearly dilutes* the brand.

*legal term not a comment on the artist technical abilities.

You seem awfully assertive. Can you share with us the particular trademark that is being diluted? You can search them online here: http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=tess&state=4008:e9bbpl.1.1

I don't find one similar to this.

slysionnach

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slysionnach
Re: Trio of Takoyaki

This is absolutely adorable. GMV and would be an instant buy.

thatrobert

quality posts: 29 Private Messages thatrobert
Lagbert wrote:Thanks for the input. Any suggestions regarding a new color combination?

I was aiming for a club atmosphere. Harsh colored lights against darkness. I tried a monochromatic color set going from navy to cyan, but it just felt flat.

I'd start with a purple/cyan and experiment with saturation levels.

Nightshooter

cmdixon2 wrote:"Ticks belong to the class Arachnida, which includes spiders, scorpions, and mites. Ticks go through four life stages: egg, larvae, nymph, and adult. The larvae have six legs while the nymphs and the adults have eight. Ticks are divided into two families, "soft" ticks and "hard" ticks. The only source of nutrition that ticks use is the blood sucked from their hosts."

Source: http://www.lawestvector.org/tickbiology.htm

I looked up ticks after reading this and just decided I dislike ticks as much as I dislike spiders... And thats a lot

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
thatrobert wrote:

• Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • I think that I'll save the world as a fun afternoon activity.

Woohoo! Thanks ThatRobert!

tjbarahona

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjbarahona
Re: Teddy Bear Teammate

Ninjas are awesome! And so are teddy bears
Why aren't more people voting for this shirt?

uniique

quality posts: 2 Private Messages uniique

thanks Robert :D

Nightshooter

JesseBYAH wrote:This is amazing... it's not even an obvious reference unless you take a close look at the characters. The drawing is just so epic even without the reference, great job!

what reference?

SanitaDiva03

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SanitaDiva03
walmazan wrote:Hi guys, this time I did something about TRUE LOVE! No matter if is tabasco, or cholula, tapatio or other spicy sauce…

I hope you enjoy it together.

I WANT THIS SHIRT! I can't wait to buy it! :-)

mmmm....makes me want a taco now...

bottlehed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bottlehed
bweedy wrote:Great shirt! howd that tin man get so big tho?

Haha, it's probably a symbolic representation of his rage..

bottlehed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bottlehed
thatrobert wrote:

• Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!

Awesome, I guess that's better than nothing! Thnxx!

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Transilvanian trucker

HOO, very sad its was rejected, I love it!

umoriara

quality posts: 0 Private Messages umoriara

Awww! I want a teddy just like him!

paigecm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paigecm
Re: Tesla the Time Lord

Awesome! I'd buy this.

swammi1203

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swammi1203

While Adder may not be the most cordial of commentators, he doesn't fail to make good points. For that, he is a valuable contributer, and his knowledge of past derbies is important in putting events in perspective.

Eventually, I hope that the market will become saturated with this level of work to the point that wooters are no longer interested. However, until that time comes the artistic community here have limited power against the majority vote. We can only encourage Ramy to raise his level of work instead of copping out week after week in order to appeal to buyers. He is capable of so much more than his work let's on. In every aspect of art, the quality of work diminishes immediately once the artist begins to pander to the audience. So, Ramy, I urge you to have the courage to break free of the constraints of demand. You have the power to drive culture here, you need only to take the reigns.

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan

I love the ninja bear!

Nice expressions!

kellie22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kellie22
jasneko wrote:Thanks for the enthusiasm kellie22, hope you can get it!

me too me too!!! I dont know how this derby thing works, or how long it takes until its a short for sale, but I WANT IT!
please please please! ;)

kylemittskus

quality posts: 234 Private Messages kylemittskus
musicshark32 wrote:isn't this shirt just a reference to the awkward turtle?
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=awkward%20turtle

there's no copyright infringement here. it's just a pop culture reference. but i do agree that this design should be rejected for the reason that "similar shirts exist".

that being said, rush job or not, this design is still probably the best out of all of those.

There is certainly no copyright since it is just a take on the "Awkward Turtle." It should be rejected based on the "Similar Shirts Exist" rule as there have been now 15ish similar shirts. No matter how good this shirt is compared to the others, the rules should be followed. And when not, enforced.

About Adder: Yes, he's caustic. That doesn't change the fact that he is right. You may not like the delivery system of a message, but you can't disregard the message because you didn't like the words, tones, etc. used.

Edit: THIS!
[quote postid="4341784" user="swammi1203"]While Adder may not be the most cordial of commentators, he doesn't fail to make good points. For that, he is a valuable contributer, and his knowledge of past derbies is important in putting events in perspective.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

veravanwhoop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages veravanwhoop

I'm speechless . . . sort of. I can barely draw but I think my Tadpole in a Top Hat looks pretty good. It's my first time. Yes, I am a virgin shirt.wooter. Took me like a whole week to make that damn tadpole. Now, I see this. Dangit! All those wasted hours. I am so jealous, I'm turning kelly green. But this somehow has a deeper meaning. The turtle is a metaphor for the futility of life and the plight of the common man. It screams "help me" while at the same time giving your the finger.

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
Re: Taloned Tiger Tribal Tattoo Taunting Thumper

Can someone more experienced in critiquing t'shirt, explain why this shirt isn't garnering more votes?

jxchen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jxchen
kylemittskus wrote:you can't disregard the message because you didn't like the words, tones, etc. used.

Anyone is free to disregard any message they want, regardless of tone.

One is far more likely to deliver a trustworthy message if the tone is not abusive and disparaging.

jxchen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jxchen
Re: Tweedy Bird

Wonderful work with detailing and textures.

utterdamnnonsense

quality posts: 0 Private Messages utterdamnnonsense
brockart wrote:I heart this triangle / non-triangle.

i heart/non-heart this

darrentf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages darrentf
Re: turned-over turtle

To the fog with you! +1 for all sorts of reason, not the least of which is that this turtle tee has soul!

1st Burgandy Olfactory Center 12/1/2010! w00t!!11!!
2nd Burgandy Olfactory Center 12/6/2011! w00t!!11!!

kylemittskus

jxchen wrote:Anyone is free to disregard any message they want, regardless of tone.

One is far more likely to deliver a trustworthy message if the tone is not abusive and disparaging.

Literal battle? Of course you can, but if your logic is "the message delivery sucks, therefore the message is erroneous," then your logic is flawed.

Further, your assumption that a politely delivered message is more trustworthy, i.e.: more accurate, is absurd. The delivery system has nothing to do with the inherent message. You may be turned off by one or the other, but that fact does not change the message being delivered.

swammi1203

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swammi1203
jxchen wrote:Anyone is free to disregard any message they want, regardless of tone.

On the contrary, pure politeness does not a trustworthy message make. Trustworthiness doesn't even have much merit in this debate; persuasiveness has much more merit. To be persuasive, more fire and passion is needed. Niceties are often not particularly convincing.

That's not to say that courtesy has no place, there is a limit. However, Kyle is only partially correct in saying that "The delivery system has nothing to do with the inherent message." The delivery system may have nothing to do with the inherent message, but it has everything to do with how that message is perceived and received, which is equally as important.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU

Yes. Flatterers are known for their total trustworthiness. Throughout history, it has been sycophants who are known to be straight shooters. The language of poetry is beautiful in how clearly it elucidates truth, without masking, without leading astray.

In other words, have you heard of history?

kylemittskus

swammi1203 wrote:YoThat's not to say that courtesy has no place, there is a limit. However, Kyle is only partially correct in saying that "The delivery system has nothing to do with the inherent message." The delivery system may have nothing to do with the inherent message, but it has everything to do with how that message is perceived and received, which is equally as important.

One cannot control how another receives a message. I realize that I am in the minority here, but political correctness, politeness, etc. are all subjective terms and have no place in logical discussion, IMO. I suppose we should not start an ideological debate here, though. Do you drink wine?