specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine

I like this layout better than the simplified version, but I voted for both anyway.

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine

Twharting evildoers with his deadly butter-beam!

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: Awkward Turtle

One more gargleblaster, I had to laugh when I saw this, it just got me going: In the Wall Street Journal online today.
Kinda kills the 'awkward' a bit.

dwayri

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dwayri
Re: Tiger mom

I like your work. I am a bit surprised that more of it doesn't reach the fog. I thought for sure that Chicks in Costumes would have printed as well as Late Afternoon in the Pointillism derby. Keep up the good work.

cutie3pnt1415

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cutie3pnt1415

Damn... I didn't want any shirt in this derby as much as this one.

Do a redraw and submit it in another derby.

wootfast

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wootfast

Staff

Re: True Love

mmmm, this makes me hungry!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 223 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Tequila

Great design. :^) This is the first time I've wanted to be a worm.

Well, 2nd. Lowly Worm from the Richard Scarry books was my childhood idol. Tied with that gorilla with all the watches. :p

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan
wootfast wrote:mmmm, this makes me hungry!

It's lunch time! Go for it!

StealthyCow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages StealthyCow

finally, a shirt I'd have to stay up till 1 AM to buy in fear of it being sold out before I wake up.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
paigeg wrote:One more gargleblaster, I had to laugh when I saw this, it just got me going: In the Wall Street Journal online today.
Kinda kills the 'awkward' a bit.

This would have been hard to draw on a turtle.

:P

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
amh wrote:Thanks! Maybe I'll see you around Davis

I live in Davis, too. Village Grill wearing Woot shirts next week?

keemo0102

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keemo0102
Re: turtle tutoring

wow, seems this design caused some controversy!

no matter, just wanted to pop in and mention that there is no purple in the design, i added a close up to my submission to show that it is actually red boxes on a blue band

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Toast and Tea

Thanks for the support tea and toast lovers! It's not going to make it this time, but it was fun!:D

fellizzz wrote:sooo cute! when is it available for order?

Unfortunately it's not going to print this derby... if it gets an Honorable Mention, it will get another shot of printing here though. Thanks fellizzz!

rogerrogerroger

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rogerrogerroger
mjmuna wrote:Rogerrogerroger is the most under-appreciated artist on Woot. Just sayin.

Love this. +1

Thanks friend!! <3

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
fuzznarf wrote:Yeah, I see that now looking at the shirt image. But still, regardless, the limit is 6 colors. and 7 > 6

he's using halftones, there is no purple only red and blue

EDIT: oh looks like it got answered before me!

i just wanted to add, because i noticed it, everyone is complaining about this breaking copyright rules because its four turtles in masks, but i dont see any turtles in masks, i see four turtles and a rat in headbands. like it or not, you cant get him for copyright, because these turtles arnt ninjas, they just like to work out. ^_^

cherylfrancis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cherylfrancis

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Toucan Sheds His Tint

Looking forward to buying this!

qdibble

quality posts: 0 Private Messages qdibble
Re: Tabula rasa

I like the size and placement of your first submission better. I'm disappointed this didn't fog.

emberdione

quality posts: 3 Private Messages emberdione
Re: TIKI

None of the shirts I voted for made it, but man I was really hoping this one would.

My office is tiki themed and I really wanted to send the link around and get everyone to buy it.

kagtha

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kagtha

Is it possible to purchase this shirt?

teacookie

quality posts: 4 Private Messages teacookie
Re: Tiny Troubles

I'd vote I want this if for some reason woots vote was not down. thought I could vote tell thursday midnight.

paigeg

kagtha wrote:Is it possible to purchase this shirt?

I'm not sure which shirt you mean. But in general, if it wins, places or shows in the Derby (Fri-Sat-Sun), then yes. Otherwise no, unless it gets a second chance down the road (that's up to Woot eds giving it an honorable mention, then competition in yet another derby).
Or, the artist could sell it elsewhere after Woot's 60-day hold on it expires.
Whew!

paigeg

teacookie wrote:I'd vote I want this if for some reason woots vote was not down. thought I could vote tell thursday midnight.

No, sorry. It's Thursday at noon, Central. They need time to actually tabulate and verify the results, get the Webpage up... The winner goes on sale Thursday at midnight (Friday AM).

paigeg

SkekTek wrote:It was actually easy- you copy the shape you want to knock out and paste it behind the art but in front of the background. Color all of it the same fill and stroke (something NOT in the design itself. I tend to use a stroke thickness that is really big to get a good block on the background (10-20 pts). Then, select all and flatten transparency on the layers (do this last, because it'll vectorize everything in the design down to shapes). This should convert the shape into one big blob. Apply a merge filter, and that should get rid of a lot of extra lines. Then, select the color of the blob (should now be an outline around your shape), and delete it. Done!

Ahhhhh. Actually, you answered more questions than I asked. More light bulbs going off! One simple question and I now have the answer to a few more I hadn't thought to post. THANKS!

samiitiger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages samiitiger
Re: Thunderbird

I like it! Luck!

alfbo

quality posts: 12 Private Messages alfbo
shanesny wrote:Cute... but, why does this Dino also have a dreidel?

He's part Jewish on his daddy's side.

Imposter Pete was Unprepared for the Almost Human Nightmare Cuckoo Clock. The Walrus and Eggmen were the Height of Envy at the Monkey Bar. See the DJ spinning records on a Flora Phonograph while simultaneously playing Rock, Paper, Scissorhold.

yutt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yutt

It is so frustrating each week to see amazing shirts like this lose, and garbage constantly win.

I wish on-demand shirt printing was cheap enough that I could order whatever I wanted. Instead I have to rely on the failure that is direct democracy.

shirt.woot - where amazing shirt designs go to die

ocdboy777

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ocdboy777
npromero wrote:Ah nuts your'e right! I must have lost count as I was playing with different Shirt colors and never corrected it.

I feel a big rejection stamp coming up.

BRING IT! IM NOT SCARED OF YOUR BIG CRAPTASTIC RED STAMP!!!!!!!

Anywho, it's not like like im in the fog or anywhere near it. Hell Fry only has six votes. lol

Thanks for the six of you out there who understood the shirt. Say bye to our little friend.

Not that this really matters... but I probably didn't get it since Fry isn't a time traveler...

tnfreak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tnfreak
Re: Thunderbird

i love this shirt i want this!

Hectic

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Hectic
Re: Technologic.

This is the only one I voted for, but unfortunately, it looks like it didn't make it. What now? I'm still in for one if printed somewhere else!

chengui

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chengui
Re: True Love

LOVE it!

astyrfan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages astyrfan
Re: Technologic.

Blog updated.

astyrfan.blogspot.com

sarahlav

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sarahlav
kellie22 wrote:I WANT THIS SHIRT NOW NOW NOW... IT WOULD BE PERFECT TO WEAR ON VALENTINES DAY!!!

One more gargleblaster it would have been so perfect for V-day! Sad.

usopp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages usopp
Re: Trio of Takoyaki

well pixie, looks like this one isn't quite popular enough this time. please find another opportunity to post this design so we can vote again.

minutia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages minutia
expo01 wrote:Thanks to all for the votes , appreciated!

(o;

Would have bought, had it printed. Expo, would you be willing to part with a higher res version? I'd love to set it as my wallpaper, at least.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
Coffeesloth wrote:I really don't understand why this one would be rejected because of copyrighted characters and the poker game made it through...

I was wondering this myself. The Poker shirt didn't even make an attempt to hide Ackbar's and Vader's identities.

glandry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glandry

Totally awesome

ginaf20697

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ginaf20697

Need this to go with my YAY TACO shirt. Can't you tell I love tacos?

guitarrocker89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guitarrocker89
bluejester wrote:This. Is. TESLA! ::kicks fellow wooter:: ;)

Joking aside, I too want to snatch this up opening day if it prints, but the funds are too low. So I am counting on a print of this and for it to stay in the reckoning for a while.

Are the two not synonymous?

wingnut99

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wingnut99

I've always been a math geek and my family owns a tree service. I'll buy 3 if they make it.