HaidenGoodman

quality posts: 10 Private Messages HaidenGoodman
Jestik wrote:ya know, Poe wasn't just a one-trick pony. He wrote a lot more poems than just "The Raven".

Why is it always "The Raven"? Can't we celebrate some of his other works for a change?

because the bells sucks.

HaidenGoodman

quality posts: 10 Private Messages HaidenGoodman

So. How is a raven like a writing desk?

timclauson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timclauson

sucks they ran out. I want an XL.. Now What.. DO a second run Woot!

bhcompy

quality posts: 14 Private Messages bhcompy

Too much gray for the goths, but should be okay with the newer twilight influenced emo-vampire-zombie crowd

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

timclauson wrote:sucks they ran out. I want an XL.. Now What.. DO a second run Woot!

This shirt will continue to be for sale starting tomorrow (at midnight central time), at the regular after-first-day-of-sale price of $15. Here's the link. All shirts continue to be sold after the first day, sell out or not, for at least a week. Please read the FAQ for further information.

alfbo

quality posts: 12 Private Messages alfbo
HaidenGoodman wrote:So. How is a raven like a writing desk?

Because Poe wrote on both.

Imposter Pete was Unprepared for the Almost Human Nightmare Cuckoo Clock. The Walrus and Eggmen were the Height of Envy at the Monkey Bar. See the DJ spinning records on a Flora Phonograph while simultaneously playing Rock, Paper, Scissorhold.

CaptainTr1pps

quality posts: 15 Private Messages CaptainTr1pps
jacoba666 wrote:Wow. The first time I try to buy a shirt, I get a message that Paypal didn't go thru, try again. So I go back to try again and it says SOLD OUT! That just sucks. I got robbed by your lousy payment system. Tee Fury has never f'd me over like that.

You know that probably happened BECAUSE they ran out, don't you?

I got mine earlier, yay!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
chbc423 wrote:We already have a lovely, indomitable Raven shirt here. Less creepy (and not in the good Poe way) too.
Poe wrote things BESIDES the Raven you know. Arguably better things. Do we really need so many shirts to honor that particular one?

1) Less creepy because it's less visible after a wash or two. this isn't great, but it's hard to argue that a sloppy cobbling of a poem stuffed into an outline is better than a shred of actual composition.

2) I don't think it's arguable. The Raven is classic because it is so saccharine singsongy that people remember it. It is not remotely one of Poe's best works. It's just the easiest to connect to without having to actually read. It's sonorous like a foreign song, but also like a foreign song, if you really dig into the real words, it's potentially less impressive.

demhaqehsa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages demhaqehsa

Isn't it interesting that the Baltimore Ravens are named after his poem?

thor1066

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thor1066

John Belushi? It looks more like early Johnny Cash, if not E.A. Poe.

rnssally

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rnssally

Anyone else notice their delivery time is super long? I expect to get this package on the 25th. A two and a half week wait is too long for this awesome shirt!

urien

quality posts: 0 Private Messages urien
rnssally wrote:Anyone else notice their delivery time is super long? I expect to get this package on the 25th. A two and a half week wait is too long for this awesome shirt!

Same to me, im waiting since 8 Feb :S

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

urien wrote:Same to me, im waiting since 8 Feb :S

Alas, alack, forsooth, good new customer! That's about standard with free shipping. Woot isn't lying when they say shipping can take from five to one hundred days. Of course, generally (basically, mostly always) it's much, much closer to five... like this two and a half weeks. But them's the perils of free shipping via SmartPost. Please do keep that in mind and either be patient or shell out those $5 for overnight. Me, I suggest patience--not only is it cheaper, but you can let yourself forget about your purchase so that when it comes, you'll be all surprised and it'll be like an un-birthday present!

renkenr

quality posts: 7 Private Messages renkenr

Ordered another 3 since it will no longer be with us after tonight.

This is one of those special Woot Shirts that my little bro, my fiance, and I all like and will wear. Heck, my fiance was proudly wearing her Poe-etic shirt yesterday. (She loves the literary Woot Shirts.)

And yes, silly hitchhiker Wooter. Free shipping comes with a price: you gotta wait for it.

We now return you to your regularlly scheduled Woot already in progress.

natediggadoggity

quality posts: 1 Private Messages natediggadoggity

The write-up reminded me of this past XKCD comic referencing the Tell-Tale heart:
http://www.xkcd.com/740/

urien

quality posts: 0 Private Messages urien
goldenthorn wrote:Alas, alack, forsooth, good new customer! That's about standard with free shipping. Woot isn't lying when they say shipping can take from five to one hundred days. Of course, generally (basically, mostly always) it's much, much closer to five... like this two and a half weeks. But them's the perils of free shipping via SmartPost. Please do keep that in mind and either be patient or shell out those $5 for overnight. Me, I suggest patience--not only is it cheaper, but you can let yourself forget about your purchase so that when it comes, you'll be all surprised and it'll be like an un-birthday present!

hahaha ;D

Well... I'm still waiting. 1 month and a half passed since the bought.

whitogreen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whitogreen

So sad I missed it!

Anyone have a size small they'd be willing to sell??

smallville824

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smallville824

Staff

urien wrote:hahaha ;D

Well... I'm still waiting. 1 month and a half passed since the bought.

I'm sending you a private message. If you have any questions about any order, please contact us at service@woot.com.

hereistandi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hereistandi

I just wanted to say that I bought this shirt not long ago for $15.00 because I love Poe and I love PUNS. I love the way you used ravens to make his likeness. I also like the fact that Poe lived in Baltimore and now the RAVENS are going to the Super Bowl tomorrow - well, later today. I use this as my RAVENS fans shirt and I think it is funny how so many people come up to me and say,
"Nice Einstein shirt." or "Nice Lincoln shirt."