NightGhost

quality posts: 1906 Private Messages NightGhost
sittle wrote:... *sigh*... I'd rather buy a Ramyb shirt, than ANOTHER pie themed shirt...

3.141592653589BUNNY793238462643383279502884197169

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

amarti67 wrote:I can't believe this shirt is sold out already! I want one!

uffdababe wrote:I WANT ONE!!!

phanoflife wrote:Please make more. I don't want one; I NEED one.

This shirt will be for sale again starting tomorrow--HERE--at $15. ALL shirts continue to be sold after the first day of sale. Every single shirt provides a link to its next-day-sale page in the first comment of its shirt-specific forum thread. A shirt will remain for sale (at $15) until reckoned.

To find out what shirts are available for sale on any given day--other than the obvious "shirt of the day" on the front shirt.woot page--please click on the "reckoning" link found in the top right corner of any shirt.woot page. All the shirt thumbnails in the reckoning are shirts that are still for sale. Click on the thumbnail or title and you will be taken to the shirt's order page.

Mod edit:

ajoohoo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ajoohoo
jmmbell1987 wrote:I have

I'm not calling this a ripoff, but I've seen the concept before.

Oh gods! Perusing the Threadless site has not shattered my feeble hold on reality. There are so many crossovers! Even a Pandamonium! o.0

waybeyondsoccermom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages waybeyondsoccermom

I need this shirt for my kids!! Please let us buy it!!

broncplaya

quality posts: 1 Private Messages broncplaya

Epic, now I know why they call it pi. I hope they woot it again. Though I'll probably end up being forced to pay fifteen.

eco2geek

quality posts: 51 Private Messages eco2geek
sparrowhawk69 wrote:I love the thought that goes into the good long palindromes. This is my favorite.

No, son, onanism's a gross orgasm sin: a no-no, son

Before the Internets, the longest one I was aware of was "Go hang a salami, I’m a lasagna hog." Now, you can find a bunch of long ones online. A lot of thought must've gone into some of those!

We have met the enemy and he is us. -- Pogo

degrawj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages degrawj
chrisprender wrote:More fun with pi:

A pizza with radius "z" and thickness "a" has a volume of pi*z*z*a .

I totally have that shirt! Probably my favorite Pi shirt because one thing I love more than Pi is pizza!

joemail11

quality posts: 34 Private Messages joemail11
degrawj wrote:I totally have that shirt! Probably my favorite Pi shirt because one thing I love more than Pi is pizza!

Lest you forget, pizza is a pie.

JenDupre

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JenDupre
Assassin15 wrote:Other Pi shirts, to make you angry that you didn't buy them to complete the collection:

Cake or Pi?

Zu Chongzhi's Estimate

Nerd Life, Baby

What am I missing?

http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=7030
Tastes like Excel!

ADDED BONUS! The write up for said shirt contains bonus "jerkface" callout!

eco2geek

quality posts: 51 Private Messages eco2geek
greeksteam wrote:colinlowyc is right by the way

You are correct in that I did not initially clue into the fact that adder acknowledged in his post that he was "obviously biased" because it was his own idea.

However, I disagree that his design was more "artfully excuted" than the one on display here.

We have met the enemy and he is us. -- Pogo

degrawj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages degrawj
jgreen0101 wrote:Show'off... cut n paste? :P

I don't know about nightghost's post, but this ain't cut and paste:

IrishLass622

quality posts: 5 Private Messages IrishLass622
NightGhost wrote:Ya' mean

3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971693993751058209749445923078164062862089986280348253421170679
8214808651328230664709384460955058223172535940812848111745028410270193852110555964462294895493038196
4428810975665933446128475648233786783165271201909145648566923460348610454326648213393607260249141273
724587006606315588174881520920962829254091715364367892590360011330530548820466521384146951941511609

Please continue...

IrishLass622

quality posts: 5 Private Messages IrishLass622
jmmbell1987 wrote:Also, I think that pie is filled with .

Mmmm...Aero bars!

NightGhost

IrishLass622 wrote:Please continue...

too much pie

RevBobMIB

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RevBobMIB

I really wish I could get this on a 5X-Tall shirt. I love pi, but unfortunately my love of pie makes me bigger than 3XL.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

I'm looking forward to wearing this shirt on March 14th. My students will get a kick out of it while they are eating pie and learning about pi.

mikegberg

quality posts: 56 Private Messages mikegberg
eco2geek wrote:Before the Internets, the longest one I was aware of was "Go hang a salami, I’m a lasagna hog." Now, you can find a bunch of long ones online. A lot of thought must've gone into some of those!

There's even a song about them.

Wow, that's my second posted link to a Weird Al video. People might think I'm a creepy stalker or something.

"There are more old wine drinkers than old doCTors." -François Rabelais

Teneniel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Teneniel

The ONE DAY I don't log in to woot until 3pm Pacific Time. The good news is, it's worth $15 to me.

-Valerie

SeanFishsticks

quality posts: 2 Private Messages SeanFishsticks
jmmbell1987 wrote:I have

I'm not calling this a ripoff, but I've seen the concept before.

This is a complete ripoff. Just do a google image search and a ton of these come up.
Here is one example

Apricottarte

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Apricottarte
SeanFishsticks wrote:This is a complete ripoff. Just do a google image search and a ton of these come up.
Here is one example

You're just pie'd off cuz you didn't get one.

lauriebananahammock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lauriebananahammock

Who ate all the Pi? and it's plain silly that a shirt "sells out"... and then costs more tomorrow.... What's up with that?

NightGhost

lauriebananahammock wrote:Who ate all the Pi? and it's plain silly that a shirt "sells out"... and then costs more tomorrow.... What's up with that?

It encourages people to buy early.

Of course, it also encourages people not to buy late, which only goes to show that I really have no idea what I'm talking about.

Don't try to stop me. I'll take you down with me.

Apricottarte

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Apricottarte

I got one for me and one for my SO; he said he would NEVER wear his/her tees. We'll see. Muahahahahaaa! ;D

zachr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zachr

Sold Out!?! No!!!

Sadness.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
ajoohoo wrote:Oh gods! Perusing the Threadless site has not shattered my feeble hold on reality. There are so many crossovers! Even a Pandamonium! o.0

I'll give you three guesses who did most of those "crossovers" first.

I'll even give you a hint: it doesn't rhyme with boot, but it might rhyme with headless.

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

zachr wrote:Sold Out!?! No!!!

Sadness.

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

lauriebananahammock wrote:Who ate all the Pi? and it's plain silly that a shirt "sells out"... and then costs more tomorrow.... What's up with that?

Think of it this way: all woot shirts are $15. That is their price. $15 is regular price. But on the first day of sale for every shirt there is a discount, and so on that first day the shirt is only $10. Because it is an introductory sales price, there are limited quantities for that first-day sale. That quantity of $10 shirts is 3,000. If you don't get the shirt on the first day, within that 3,000 shirt sale limit, then you have to pay full price.

And that's what's up with that.

Superfranki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Superfranki
Assassin15 wrote:Other Pi shirts, to make you angry that you didn't buy them to complete the collection:

Cake or Pi?

Zu Chongzhi's Estimate

Nerd Life, Baby

What am I missing?

Infinite Pi perchance

beaterbar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beaterbar

there are other numbers you could put on t-shirts you know.

dman410

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dman410

Bring it back i want one.... I'm mad it was sold out in like 8hrs... sigh.

lauriebananahammock

NightGhost wrote:It encourages people to buy early.

Of course, it also encourages people not to buy late, which only goes to show that I really have no idea what I'm talking about.

Don't try to stop me. I'll take you down with me.

oh yeah.... I'll go down... I'm not buying late.. or not until I change my mind... but maybe not... instead I'll bake a pie, a really good pie... really really good pie...

santos1998

quality posts: 0 Private Messages santos1998

Sadness came upon me when I noticed yesterday that this shirt was sold-out. Happiness bestows me today as I was able to purchase the shirt.

My boyfriend is a math teacher, and is going to get a kick out of this shirt.

dshadle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dshadle

I encourage everyone to get this shirt and break it out on March 14th.

lauriebananahammock

lauriebananahammock wrote:oh yeah.... I'll go down... I'm not buying late.. or not until I change my mind... but maybe not... instead I'll bake a pie, a really good pie... really really good pie...

ahhh.. failure.. bought one for $15 for a kid.. but not three like I would have.. resist, resist.. save the temptation for the Pie....

Now telling you all.. if you still want one.. just do it so I don't feel so impulsive....

minjoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages minjoo

My first woot!

radicalchemist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages radicalchemist

I really the idea of this shirt!! The last shirts I got were the Edgar Allen Poe 'The Raven' and 'Computer Club!' These shirts rock and I love them!!

In other news, shirt.woot = awesome!

angryrooster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angryrooster
goldenthorn wrote:This shirt will be for sale again starting tomorrow--HERE--at $15. ALL shirts continue to be sold after the first day of sale. Every single shirt provides a link to its next-day-sale page in the first comment of its shirt-specific forum thread. A shirt will remain for sale (at $15) until reckoned.

To find out what shirts are available for sale on any given day--other than the obvious "shirt of the day" on the front shirt.woot page--please click on the "reckoning" link found in the top right corner of any shirt.woot page. All the shirt thumbnails in the reckoning are shirts that are still for sale. Click on the thumbnail or title and you will be taken to the shirt's order page.

Mod edit:

Ok, so I'm still confused? This shirt is #1 in The Reckoning, and is listed as sold out? (I'm sure it went through a period where it wasn't sold out, I'm just saying it's sold out *again* and I haven't seen it in stock yet.) The #2 Reckining shirt is also sold out. Is there some sort of limit on these shirts? I was led to believe (by information similar to that in your post) that shirts in The Reckoning would not sell out, since that is the point.

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

angryrooster wrote:Ok, so I'm still confused? This shirt is #1 in The Reckoning, and is listed as sold out? (I'm sure it went through a period where it wasn't sold out, I'm just saying it's sold out *again* and I haven't seen it in stock yet.) The #2 Reckining shirt is also sold out. Is there some sort of limit on these shirts? I was led to believe (by information similar to that in your post) that shirts in The Reckoning would not sell out, since that is the point.

There was/is a problem with coding that is being taken care of (or may have already been fixed), where certain kinds of links to shirts work and certain kinds don't. If a shirt is listed in the reckoning, it is definitely still for sale--there's just a current problem with the linking to the sales page that makes it show up as reckoned when it's not.

Just checked and it seems fixed now.

MachineAmbition

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MachineAmbition

I'm doubtful that any shirts including pi should ever be called clever. They are an easy sell, though, so carry on, I suppose.

elgordo42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elgordo42

iP, A?