WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

If high school taught us anything, it's that life is easily defined by groups into which some things just do not fit. This week we want you to use your artistic talents to recreate that horrible day in gym class; show us examples of one person, animal, plant, or object that just doesn't belong in the group. If you need further inspiration, the annals of Sesame Street history might prove useful. Of course even when showing which of these things is not like the other you need some rules:

• No text.
  • No video games.
  • No Star Wars.
  • No bunnies. No penguins either. We've already had that shirt.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 112 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

Heh, ah a derby theme modeled on my life. This sounds like fun.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg

Wow. The very first and obvious thought that came to mind is so very, very inappropriate.
>sigh<
How many platypus shirts will there be, I wonder?

lumpyspaceprincess

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lumpyspaceprincess

Can u find the one thing that does not match... fun times remember those find it books?

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert

Fun!

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Reminds me of that time I went to school with crimped hair.

Nobody thought I was cool...

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

W...

T...

H???

Dunno what we're gonna get out of this one.

shaunesay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shaunesay

I can't wait to see what you all do with a theme like that!

Lagbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert

Stup1d no text rule. If it weren't for that I was going to do a base ball, a basketball, and d20.

Hmmm... this has given me another idea though.

jboshaw

quality posts: 10 Private Messages jboshaw

should have said no turtles, either. :\

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
shaunesay wrote:I can't wait to see what you all do with a theme like that!

something shiny, halftoney, cutesy, and covered in blood and gore!

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
SkekTek wrote:W...

T...

H???

awwwww, look at those cute cows. OH NO! one of them is eating a hamburger!!!! +1..voted

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
jboshaw wrote:should have said no turtles, either. :\

Beat me to it... can we get a ban on terrapins too, tgentry?

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock

actually had an idea cooking for sometime that would fit this theme. Anybody familiar with the show Fringe? You know those non-descript guys called "observers"? Imagine Where's Waldo with one of those observers in the pic? What do you think? Not seeing any issues w/ copyright because bald guy in black fedora and black suit should pass legal. and crazy scene with this guy in there seems to fit the theme. Thoughts? Comments? Neh? Yeah?

MrsJamesCho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MrsJamesCho
jboshaw wrote:should have said no turtles, either. :\

I have it on good authority that somebody else would want it that way, too.

For the love of horses, Shirt.Woot ppl, have you learned nothing?

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

Oh I know what's gonna win! A cute shiny turtle (using only 6 colors instead of 7) on it's back wiggling it's primitive nubby feet awkwardly in the air while another turtle which looks exactly like the first but on it's feet is assumed to be confused because it has a slight O.o look.

HAHA what an oddball turtle, that's hilarious!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Make sure your oddball is in a group. I think that was clear in the write-up, but I want to stress that one thing compared to just one other thing will be considered off topic. A group consists of, but is not limited to, at least three, including the oddball.

Now get going! Those balls won't odd themselves.

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck

they should have said no turtles!

bluejester

quality posts: 560 Private Messages bluejester

Ah, the pre-taco--I mean derby thread.

Ooooooh, I'm flattered woot that you would make a derby about me.

bluejester

megsck wrote:they should have said no turtles!

Please, don't give him ideas.

walmazan

quality posts: 63 Private Messages walmazan

This is the first think to come to my mind:

mmm

markh27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages markh27
midgerock wrote:actually had an idea cooking for sometime that would fit this theme. Anybody familiar with the show Fringe? You know those non-descript guys called "observers"? Imagine Where's Waldo with one of those observers in the pic? What do you think?

I like this idea.

theindifferentone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theindifferentone

Has shirt.woot ever done an anti dictator themed woot? Anti authoritarian, anti fascism, whatever.

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea
SkekTek wrote:W...

T...

H???

You're going to get 3 turtles and one squirrel dressed as a turtle.

mindputtee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mindputtee

Got two ideas I'm thinking about right now, the first involves a set of shapes, 3 triangles, 4 squares, 5 pentagons, and 6 hexagons and then a sad single circle off away from the group.

Second idea: A bunch of grey, black, and white dancers and then in the middle a girl in a shocking yellow dress dancing.

ressamac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac

Um, those turtles are kinda cute. ;)

I was thinking of another woot.meme. Two phoenixes looking at a pile of ashes (that used to be a phoenix).
Rough sketch. Should it be more cartoony or more chibi?
Thanks for your input!

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

A herd of giraffes with one striped one.

A pile of vegetables and a tomato.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

odysseyroc

bluejester wrote:Ah, the pre-taco--I mean derby thread.

Ooooooh, I'm flattered woot that you would make a derby about me.

mmm oddball tacos (smoked tri-tip and onion). I have no ideas for this week's derby, but these tacos sure are good.

bluejester

odysseyroc wrote:mmm oddball tacos (smoked tri-tip and onion). I have no ideas for this week's derby, but these tacos sure are good.

Odyseeyroc, this one's for you.

skaake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skaake
midgerock wrote:actually had an idea cooking for sometime that would fit this theme. Anybody familiar with the show Fringe? You know those non-descript guys called "observers"? Imagine Where's Waldo with one of those observers in the pic? What do you think? Not seeing any issues w/ copyright because bald guy in black fedora and black suit should pass legal. and crazy scene with this guy in there seems to fit the theme. Thoughts? Comments? Neh? Yeah?

We love Fringe. If it won, I'd buy it!

Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
~Henry Van Dyke

skaake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skaake
mindputtee wrote:Got two ideas I'm thinking about right now, the first involves a set of shapes, 3 triangles, 4 squares, 5 pentagons, and 6 hexagons and then a sad single circle off away from the group.

Second idea: A bunch of grey, black, and white dancers and then in the middle a girl in a shocking yellow dress dancing.

I am intrigued by the dancers. It sounds beautiful.

Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
~Henry Van Dyke

paigeg

odysseyroc wrote:mmm oddball tacos (smoked tri-tip and onion). I have no ideas for this week's derby, but these tacos sure are good.

Damn you, man, STOP IT!!! :D

paigeg

walmazan wrote:This is the first think to come to my mind:

mmm

Lol! Nice. I love how the one pig is picking his nose. Ewwww!

paigeg

mindputtee wrote:Got two ideas I'm thinking about right now, the first involves a set of shapes, 3 triangles, 4 squares, 5 pentagons, and 6 hexagons and then a sad single circle off away from the group.

I like the dancer idea. Hmmmm. It gets me thinking, tooo.....

odysseyroc

bluejester wrote:Odyseeyroc, this one's for you.

That started out like it was going to be interesting, but then they just ended up making slop.

odysseyroc

paigeg wrote:Damn you, man, STOP IT!!! :D

Did you ever make those steak tacos?

bluejester

I like the second idea more, but I'm curious what you would use for a background color i.e. shirt color to compliment the dancers without causing the yellow dress to from a cool focal point into a bad distraction. I don't mean this in a mean way, just that using yellow in a prominent way in t-shirts seems to be like playing with fire. It looks cool when well done, but if it gets fumbled slightly you end up well done.

bluejester

odysseyroc wrote:That started out like it was going to be interesting, but then they just ended up making slop.

Meh, you may have a point there. I think I like that particular episode becuase of the line, "Come here vegan, these nachos will change you."

mindputtee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mindputtee
bluejester wrote:I like the second idea more, but I'm curious what you would use for a background color i.e. shirt color to compliment the dancers without causing the yellow dress to from a cool focal point into a bad distraction. I don't mean this in a mean way, just that using yellow in a prominent way in t-shirts seems to be like playing with fire. It looks cool when well done, but if it gets fumbled slightly you end up well done.

I know what you mean, I was thinking about doing it on navy to add a little bit of a compliment to the yellow, and then have the other dancers in cool greys. Once I'm home with my tablet I'll put up some sketches of my thoughts.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

One order of Werewolf Astronaut coming up. Time to blow the lid off the Apollo XIII cover-up. You'll be able to tell which one is the lycanthrope, I think. I'll post a sketch later... :^)

This is my 1 year anniversary, 52 straight weeks of Wooting, so I'd better make it a good one.