drinkingthesea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drinkingthesea
Re: You Weren't Invited

I would buy this shirt x100!!

"Oh, for a horse with wings!!"

elysesy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elysesy

Very cute idea. I think it would go over better if it were on blue...at first glimpse it looks the sea urchins are on ice, not underwater... change the colors and I'd want one!

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
Re: Failure to Launch

You have a nice clean style. I've been jaded on phoenix designs, but I can see the potential here in your style.

Just a few tips, if you're willing. The birds look as though they've been copy/pasted. Usually, this is going to make a design look stale unless there's an obvious reason the designer is using it (to make a point/to make a repeating design). Otherwise, if you *do* want to copy/paste, one of the tricks I do is to go back over it and change a few things. It keeps the design engaging.
Aaand, that's really all I have. The rest is mostly my own opinion. The message is a little muddled to me(out of context, it's hard to figure out what the little guy is or isn't doing in the middle), and it might be nice to have one more color somewhere.

marzipanapple

Re: SILLY HAT

I really like your style here, but I'm not sure what's going on. I can see that the white bird has the crest tied around his head...but is he another crow(just white)? I guess he's not a chicken, because his beak is really big. If he's a crow though, I think it either would've been more funny to keep him black (and still wearing the hat, possibly proudly) or to have a bucket of white paint (implying that he *wants* to be a chicken).

I really like the line weight and the style, I'm just confused about the oddball.

marzipanapple

Re: The Smart Cookie

That cookie isn't just smart, she's cute too! I want to be this cookie.

rouxheart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rouxheart

walmazan

quality posts: 63 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Poo-too-weet

This is so awesome and looks terrific on the tee! please return to the fog!

walmazan

Re: Newcomer

You are so clever, it's fantastic! +1

walmazan

Re: Feathered Friends

Hahahaha! you make my day! I'm almost fall over my chair!

So good!

+1

hookajoe

quality posts: 11 Private Messages hookajoe
Re: Odd Crab Out

+1 for randomness.

elizarose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elizarose

Got my vote! This is great!

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
potsy356 wrote:Ahhhh! Love this. Im a clown so i could totally wear this. My friends talked me out of buying your last shirt, Henna, on the grounds i would be shunned as a homophobe >_>

If this prints im getting it for sure tho. Great job once again Boots!

Some friends you have! Grr! (but thanks) ;)

jb2colorado

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jb2colorado
Re: The Smart Cookie

haven't we seen enough of the cupcake characters? I'm getting tired of recycled characters. Unless the idea is to win enough so that someone could wear your shirts like 3-4 days in a row and it would look like a comic strip. Outside that notion I think new characters are in order, not just dressed up differently cupcakes. Sorry, just my opinion.

dooomcat

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dooomcat

Thanks guys! This theme was really fun, I had a ton of ideas I wanted to do

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 59 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus
Re: The Bus Stop

is the first one picking his nose or thinking? And I thought the wolf was a regular pig wearing some kind of weird mask at first...lol

+1, but I'd want 12. ;D

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

jb2colorado

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jb2colorado
jb2colorado wrote:haven't we seen enough of the cupcake characters? I'm getting tired of recycled characters. Unless the idea is to win enough so that someone could wear your shirts like 3-4 days in a row and it would look like a comic strip. Outside that notion I think new characters are in order, not just dressed up differently cupcakes. Sorry, just my opinion.

I just noticed that the "Nuuude" cupcake in the Top 20 is by a different artist, but I never would've noticed it if I wasn't looking for an artist's page. Again, I can't do what ya'll can with a pen and paper, it's amazing. I'm just tired of seeing the same kinda things I guess. Cheers all the same.

juliaL719

quality posts: 0 Private Messages juliaL719
Re: Poo-too-weet

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS DOING OUT OF THE FOG

walmazan

MathUhhhSaurus wrote:is the first one picking his nose or thinking? And I thought the wolf was a regular pig wearing some kind of weird mask at first...lol

+1, but I'd want 12. ;D

Absolutely he's picking his nose!

kebryan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kebryan
Re: The Wrong Place at the Wrong Time

Isn't this Ted's third lineup this month?! He must do it for the money. Cute aliens!

walmazan

So cute and hilarious!

BootsBoots

endangeredomega wrote:I doubt it was the artist's intent, but as someone with ties to the transgender community, I can't help but see this as insensitive at best, and insulting at worst.

I guess it depends on how you look at it. I see her more as a tomboy. I think, knowing my LGBT friends, a lot of the L's would get a huge kick out of it and I could definitely see them loving it, but it would certainly take on a different connotation to the T's. ;)

Plus, I've never been very girly myself, so I'd personally wear it for the tomboy aspect.

zekecatz

quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz
kinzoku wrote:Wow, very cute, very cool. It doesn't make sense to me that the first cat is thinking of cheese, though. Wouldn't it make more sense if it were thinking of something like catfood or a bird? I've never heard of cheese-eating cats.

Cheezburger!

zekecatz

penichillin wrote:It's always tough being the weird one in school. One color (greenish) on lemon.

I decided to go with a very minimal design this week. As always, I crave feedback. Thanks for looking, I hope you like it.

Eschersque - nice.

viscosity2004

quality posts: 7 Private Messages viscosity2004
Re: Duck, Duck, GOOSE!

Out of all the "duck duck goose" themed shirts so far, I definitely like this one best. It's a simple cute print that's perfect for a kid's shirt. And none of the characters look like they feel bad about the situation. :3

zekecatz

Re: 4 Luck

Glad to see this in the fog; looking forward to buying.

tomatosan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tomatosan

Love the heather gray coming through the cats!

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Feathered Friends

LOVE!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

bottlehed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bottlehed
Re: Rock Scissor Paper ... Carrot?!?

Rock, Paper & Scissor never never included poor 'ol Carrot in any of their activites...

BootsBoots

jb2colorado wrote:I just noticed that the "Nuuude" cupcake in the Top 20 is by a different artist, but I never would've noticed it if I wasn't looking for an artist's page. Again, I can't do what ya'll can with a pen and paper, it's amazing. I'm just tired of seeing the same kinda things I guess. Cheers all the same.

This one's a collab between Walmazan and me. He did the linework on the characters. Confusion over!

I'm with you on the repetitive designs thing, but I think the cupcakes have to be in this one. No other dessert is paranoid androidier than a cupcake. This is a proven fact.

Thanks everyone for the liking. It was such a pleasing thing to work with Walmazan. I'm glad it's at least somewhat of a success. Huzzah.

darrentf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages darrentf
Re: a monster in disguise

Wait a minute...is that a little chip on the ground behind the cookie that *knows* what is about to happen? Did he chip his pants?

1st Burgandy Olfactory Center 12/1/2010! w00t!!11!!
2nd Burgandy Olfactory Center 12/6/2011! w00t!!11!!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Werewolf Astronaut (V2 - resub)

I wasn't happy with my original sub so I'm replacing it with this new version. Color changes make it easier on the eye and I made some line and lighting upgrades too.

Thanks to everyone who commented before! If you already voted, then please vote again.

Here are some details:

You can see a BIG VERSION here.

Thanks for looking ! And special thanks to everyone who's supported my designs and given me feedback, help and votes over the past year. I've really enjoyed my time designing on Woot. This is my 52nd entry in a row, so I am 1 year old today. ^__^

This is six colors on black. Please vote if you like this design!

Your pal,
---Spiritgreen

ilovedoodle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ilovedoodle

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
endangeredomega wrote:I doubt it was the artist's intent, but as someone with ties to the transgender community, I can't help but see this as insensitive at best, and insulting at worst.

This design was not made with the LGBT community in mind. If it was an obvious affront to the LGBT community, I'm sure one of my facebook friends who are a part of that community would have said something when I posted it there.

Maybe it's about the Tom Girl that just wants to hang with the boys.

Maybe it's about that grizzled old lunch lady with the hairy lip from the elementary school cafeteria.

Or maybe it's an off season halloween shirt.

Many things are possible here, but jumping to the conclusion that it's an insult to any person of any walk of life is a bit of a reach. Although, some people are a little overly sensitive and look for things to be offended about.

PEPSI19

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PEPSI19
Re: Edible Pirates

I would buy it!

FlyingMouse365

quality posts: 5 Private Messages FlyingMouse365
fishbiscuit5 wrote:Love it! You are a designing machine, so many great designs this derby. :D

Thanks for the kind words

FlyingMouse365

kinzoku wrote:Wow, very cute, very cool. It doesn't make sense to me that the first cat is thinking of cheese, though. Wouldn't it make more sense if it were thinking of something like catfood or a bird? I've never heard of cheese-eating cats.

Oh yea, my mistake. I think I should remove this and resubmit again. Thanks for the input

FlyingMouse365

walmazan wrote:You are so clever, it's fantastic! +1

Cheers man!

FlyingMouse365

Re: Werewolf Astronaut (V2 - resub)

Nice use of halftone!

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 112 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
Re: The Hot Chick Version 2

Gah fixed.

"The Hot Chick Version 2 resub"

The super sketchy peep version. This is actually my rough for the final shirt but my friend really liked it. He wanted me to post this version as well since it reminds him of old fashioned Warner brother's cartoons.

That's one tall curvy chick! She really stands out from the crowd. What did I tell you some chicks just mature faster then others.

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
Re: Cats of a Feather

I know cutesy is sometimes a bad thing, but I really wanted to do owls and cats and they ARE cute. Plus I went with my retro style... we'll see. Lots of great entries this week, the artists here just keep getting better. I already found a bunch I want! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!