nuclearwalrus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nuclearwalrus

Is it a brain sandwich?

roysterer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages roysterer
Re: Laugh while you can.

Hurray for IT Crowd references!

But it does have its own internal logic.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
clynn101 wrote:LOVE the colors! I hope it makes it :-)

Really nice colors. Agreed.

Hawleigh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hawleigh
raerae104 wrote:wasn't there a movie about vampires who drank ketchup instead of blood?

Yes. It's called the Ketchup Vampires. there's a sequel, too.

akirahatesyou

quality posts: 1 Private Messages akirahatesyou
megsck wrote:not liking sloppy work as in the last one is one thing. but he took the complaint and took the time to make a clean image. the way he draws his turtles is a style choice and he has the right to draw in it. its a cartoon, it doesn't have to have perfect anatomy. if you want people to stop voting for him for valid reasons fine, but making up trivial things to complain about is just annoying. as he said in his comment, he made an effort this time. if you want him to get less votes all you have to do is stop complaining in his thread and less people will come here to look at it.

^^ This.

The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. -Paul Fix

genericsmith

quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith
DoublEE wrote:So you're being critical of a four-headed, four-armed, two legged, weapon-toting turtle beacuse of the radioactive mutation timeframe and lack of thumbs? This place never disappoints...

Mostly just the thumbs... If the hands looked like they could hold weapons I probably wouldn't of said anything.

The timeframe comment was more for use of my earlier (modded) green globs are diareah comment

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.

nblottie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie
Re: Rise of the Machines

Yet another late in the game entry. I really need to work my ass off on Thursday night to get this stuff up as soon as possible.

Hope everyone likes it!

reieram21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reieram21
midgerock wrote:I like the concept I just want that spade to be more maniacal or emo and dark maybe no smile at all and gloomy.

That's a good idea! I might try to make a second version with an emo spade on it!

Thanks for the feedback ^^

melquam

quality posts: 1 Private Messages melquam
Re: Imitation Chocolate Chip Cookie

Love the shirt, but it seems to me that CM's feet are on backwards. Either the way the shadows were made, or the shape of them, or both, just looks like his heels are in the front.

rklineuga

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rklineuga
Re: You Weren't Invited

This IS my dog. Even looks like him :D love!

D3lusional

quality posts: 2 Private Messages D3lusional
juliaL719 wrote:WHAT THE HELL IS THIS DOING OUT OF THE FOG

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks
blk909 wrote:Everything in the room is round except the patient and what he has to say.

Yeah. I totally failed the three second rule though: If someone can't get it in under three seconds, it hasn't a chance.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
jmmbell1987 wrote:Brown is a great color for this design. It's on brown because Boots no doubt thought it was a good color for this design. This is silliness. Artists don't make their shirt color choices at random or at the whims of picky customers.

Yeah! You tell 'em!

amhi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages amhi
Re: Self-Expression

This is a beautiful shirt, and I'd love to see it print, but is it perhaps too similar to "Class Time Used Effectively"?

http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=9599

I haven't tattled on it because I'm not sure if it is similar enough. But I thought I should mention it. Sorry. The artists have different names, so presumably not the same person, they just had the same idea.

viscosity2004

quality posts: 7 Private Messages viscosity2004
wcsae wrote:No as an avid TMNT fan, I've paid attention to this. Not that the shirts have won, but on no video game derbys (which is almost every derby now) I've seen a clearly tmnt design stay in the whole time. Granted, I'm sure the woot rejectors have differing opinion, but I think they have internally clarified what constitutes a video game design and what doesn't.

I think the thing is that when people think of TMNT they think of the movies & cartoons first before the video games.

FlyingMouse365

quality posts: 5 Private Messages FlyingMouse365
lucky1988 wrote:excellent!

Thanks man, nice to see you here

FlyingMouse365

quality posts: 5 Private Messages FlyingMouse365
clcren wrote:Absolutely awesome dude!

THANKS!

penthus

quality posts: 3 Private Messages penthus
Re: The Fifth Element?

Lol. By your powers combined! Nice job.

hedgehogg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hedgehogg
Re: Creepiest Triplets Ever

Love this! Every baby is *somebody's* darling!

sarahlav

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sarahlav
Re: badger badger

Wearing this shirt in Wisconsin would confuse all the badger fans, I want one!

nblottie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie
Re: Baa Baa Bad Sheep

Love it, love the dark humor. I'm a sucker for dark humor.

locustpr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages locustpr
manikx66 wrote:The orignal design has thought bubbles above the wolf and sheep. if you think you might like it better please go check it out

YAY!

travisharben

quality posts: 0 Private Messages travisharben
asmit207 wrote:I kind of like the eyes on the shadows, it gives the wolf shadow a more sinister look. Haha
Just sayin'

Haha thanks, was what I was going for. Though I know it doesn't really male sense it's supposed to be cartoony so I figured it worked. *shrug*

unstated

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unstated

Has everyone seen those painted hermit crabs in the pet store? Well this is what happens when they make it back to their real home.

locustpr

nblottie wrote:Yet another late in the game entry. I really need to work my ass off on Thursday night to get this stuff up as soon as possible.

Hope everyone likes it!

Love it!

therabbit86ed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages therabbit86ed
Re: Meanwhile Back at the Bar

Thank you for Looking! I hope you enjoy

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: Another Dimension

The urge to break free of conformity can inspire dramatic change. Thanks go to the inspiration of M.C.Escher and the Beastie Boys.

locustpr

Jaw-droppingly beautiful.

zekecatz

quality posts: 202 Private Messages zekecatz
Re: Meanwhile Back at the Bar

Is that Gene Shalit?

merzzie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages merzzie

Wow. I want this on a poster (and a t-shirt of course).

D1C0M

quality posts: 0 Private Messages D1C0M
Re: This Guy Just Aint Right

Bah, REJECTED!?

Rejection reasoning was that it wasn't in a group, which I guess I failed to realize was the intended key to this derby. I read the woot description, but I also looked up the definition of "oddball" and the merriam webster definition was "one that is eccentric". A definition that has nothing to do with being in a group or not, so I ran with an eccentric type character. Sure he's a little creepy, but he's wearing a monocle! *figuratively laughing out loud* How much more eccentric or oddball than that, can you get? *rhetorical question*

Oh well, it wasn't doing well anyways, so thanks for the rejection. You saved me the humiliation of having a possible on topic design up there with single digit votes.

Moobi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Moobi
manikx66 wrote:The orignal design has thought bubbles above the wolf and sheep. if you think you might like it better please go check it out

Better without bubbles, definitely.

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
getshighoncocacola wrote: Even if the designer had intended it to be about such people, which s/he has clearly stated they did not, where in the shirt does it indicate any sort of disdain?

I thought about that as well. If this design was geared in that direction, it could easily be sold by a transgendered support site as a pride shirt, not unlike rainbow flag shirts.

All in all, any negativity one might take from this shirt comes from within that person's self. Some people want to see negativity anywhere they can. Some people want to see the positive anywhere they can.

Judging by the comments, the positive people seem to have a slight edge, and for that, I am glad.

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
D1C0M wrote:Bah, REJECTED!?

Rejection reasoning was that it wasn't in a group, which I guess I failed to realize was the intended key to this derby. I read the woot description, but I also looked up the definition of "oddball" and the merriam webster definition was "one that is eccentric". A definition that has nothing to do with being in a group or not, so I ran with an eccentric type character. Sure he's a little creepy, but he's wearing a monocle! *figuratively laughing out loud* How much more eccentric or oddball than that, can you get? *rhetorical question*

Oh well, it wasn't doing well anyways, so thanks for the rejection. You saved me the humiliation of having a possible on topic design up there with single digit votes.

Directly from the derby write-up: "...show us examples of one person, animal, plant, or object that just doesn't belong in the group...."

Sorry, dude, you have to read the whole write-up, and not just the derby title.

notacat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages notacat

And this fits the theme "Oddball" how?

D1C0M

quality posts: 0 Private Messages D1C0M
Johndis5 wrote:Directly from the derby write-up: "...show us examples of one person, animal, plant, or object that just doesn't belong in the group...."

Sorry, but I did read the derby write up as I wrote in my original post that you're replying to.

But, as with the derbies, you try and think outside the box so that your design stands out from all the rest. Well, as much as you can, anyway. So, with my design, I was trying to go with, what I thought, was the official dictionary definition of the word "oddball".

So, thanks for the reply anyway.

I'm just a little upset at the failure of thinking I was being clever with the derby theme. I'll just give it another go next derby.

-Cheers

viscosity2004

quality posts: 7 Private Messages viscosity2004
Re: The Only Sad Balloon

Is that kid going to stab the sad balloon...?

funkysmama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages funkysmama
Re: One does not simply

Not only would I want one, I want one NOW! Actually, more than one -- I can think of several people who would love these as gifts.

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01

Here a resub version with two cymbals and some fixes on drums and drummer, please if you like it vote on the new one not on this.

Thanks

This metal band is auditioning for a second guitarrist but they are quite selective so theres no room for pop romantic plastic heads, meet the band: Stanley "The Monkey" Wrench on Vocals, Kirk Hammer on the Guitar , Johnny Knifeville on the Bass & Tommy "The Anvil" Rodriguez on Drums, 4 colors on asphalt, hope you like it, thanks.

(o;

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
Johndis5 wrote:Directly from the derby write-up: "...show us examples of one person, animal, plant, or object that just doesn't belong in the group...."

What I don't get is why this is rejected but chumpmagic's "Self Portrait" still stands. I think both are equally off topic, but I guess that's how rejections go around here.