thatrobert

quality posts: 23 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: One does not simply

• Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • I'm very shallow and empty and I have no ideas and nothing interesting to say.

akirahatesyou

quality posts: 1 Private Messages akirahatesyou
Re: Distant Panel

I *really* like this. It's certainly not the type of thing you see on shirt.woot. It's rare to find a design that is focused exclusively on how well it works as a shirt, rather than a comic strip.

(Don't get me wrong - I love the cutesy or funny shirts too, but it's refreshing to see something like this.) ;)

The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. -Paul Fix

thatrobert

quality posts: 23 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Poo-too-weet

For anyone considering reading "Bluebeard", I heartily recommend it. It's one of my favorites and I would argue one of Vonnegut's best (or at least most accessible) in terms of telling a structured story with a satisfying ending.

akirahatesyou

locustpr wrote:Jaw-droppingly beautiful.

^^ This!

The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. -Paul Fix

jerberry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerberry
Re: Slow Seeped tea

"Tea" is for Turtle! Love your work so much!

akirahatesyou

Ooh! I want a cup shaped like a turtle! :D
And I agree, the coloring on the shells are superb! <3

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
thatrobert wrote:

• This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • I'm very shallow and empty and I have no ideas and nothing interesting to say.

thanks for the nod and love!

cdrewlow

quality posts: 7 Private Messages cdrewlow
renegadetim wrote:
However.... I still don't get the title. Any help with that?

It's the last line from "Slaughterhouse Five". Two birds are talking and one of them says it to the main character, who's walking by.

mindputtee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mindputtee
tjost wrote:This is a nice concept. Has a very A-HA take on me vibe to it One thing to watch that I see many people do when they draw a figure in the form you did with a bent leg, is to make sure that the two leges are of even legth even though one is bent. Right now it appears that one of the legs is longer then the other. Goog job though and keep it up +1

Thanks! That's kind of funny though, I actually used a direct copy of the layer of the leg to make sure it was the same and then did some photoshopping. Looking at it now, it does look a little bit like her bent leg's shin is longer than the other. Thanks for the critique!

Thanks everyone for looking and the positive comments!

juanoc74

quality posts: 0 Private Messages juanoc74
elizaleo06 wrote:Really, I thought it was a vague Harry Potter reference with the basilisk being from a chicken egg hatched beneath a toad.

Thank you for your vote guys.
My design was base in an old episode of the simpsons were the talked about the Bolivian tree lizards, a type of lizard that steals and eats a bird’s eggs and leaves their own eggs to be watched after by the mother bird.
Sadly or gladly for many bolivian birds this particular reptile doesnt exist.

mindputtee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mindputtee
Re: Sticking Out

If this doesn't make it to a print, please sub this somewhere else and let me know, I would vote it a 10/10 and be in for a print. I must have it.

Salinga

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Salinga
Re: Black Swan

Why is this out of the fog?! D:

PixelPants

quality posts: 67 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: Moustache Club

Each one a little shadier than the next. That one on the right would make a lot of dairy intolerant people very uncomfortable. I really like these subtle takes on the theme Boots.

PixelPants

quality posts: 67 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: Another Dimension
thatrobert wrote:

Thanks ThatRobert and LocustPR. Best Losers are always a welcome surprise and another level of recognition within the woot community. It's also a way of discovering good designs I might have missed otherwise.
The way people have supported this design has been much appreciated.

tjbarahona

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjbarahona

This shirt is so awesome. I really hope it wins! I will buy one if it does. Good luck!

tjbarahona

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjbarahona

The polar bears on Lost should have done this. It would've confused the hell out of everyone. Confused them even more, I mean.
Awesome shirt, by the way! I hope it wins. I will buy one if it does. Good luck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 08673585

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 105 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
logomachinist wrote:I have some concerns about this cup. Normally I wouldn't have much trouble tracking the lethargic li'l guy down, but since I'm most likely to be drinking tea when I'm sick, I could see this getting pretty frustrating.

LOL, well the little guy could be running toward you, not away from you. But yeah being sick and chasing down your cup of lukewarm turtle tea... maybe not so fun. =D

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Odd Bear Out
mtrhoades wrote:As a vegetarian, this is a must have. So cute!

Nice, glad you can identify with it - thanks mtrhoades!

lonelypond wrote:very cute...nice worried expressions.

Thanks lonelypond=)

kinzoku wrote:Very cute! Looks like a winner to me. I especially love the panda's expression.

Two years without missing a derby? Really? I admire that dedication. I tried not to miss any derbies for a long time, but eventually decided not to force it when I had no ideas or not enough time... But that's really cool that you stuck to it, I love looking through your archive on shirt.what.

The panda's expression is my favorite part too: )
Yup, apparently 2 years. Usually I have too many ideas (not necessarily good ones;), but there were a few times I struggled for one. And entering every derby didn't always mean I entered in a timely way - sometimes not till the mid-week. Thanks very much kinzoku, and glad you enjoyed going through my archive!

emberdione wrote:o.m.g. I have to have this shirt.

*goes to find friends who are on woot that can vote*

Finding friends who can vote would definitely help increase your chances of getting it. Thanks emberdione!

@Assassin15 - I can see that.

@sTyLeS - These are little kid cubs sitting on a bench. I figured their haunches/legs will almost entirely be on the bench, and hidden by the table because of the angle we are viewing them.

@curiousme - thanks!

ittybittyx wrote:One more gargleblaster - love this!
Totally reminds me of being the "healthy lunch" kid in elementary school! Why no twinkies, mom? Why? Now I'm often the only vegetarian out at group dinners, and it feels very much the same.

And I echo the congrats on 2 years of designing! I just discovered woot a little while ago, but your work is always extremely well-done.

I hope this prints! Good luck!

I've felt like an oddball like that too, many a time - and definitely no twinkies in my lunch!

Thanks so much on the congrats and kind comments about my work! Much appreciated.
Now that I think about it... it would be neat timing if this printed at the 2nd year - my first print was right around my one year anniversary! Thanks again

@iceburgdesign - I wasn't totally expecting that, but I think it's neat. Thanks!

@phd2001 - Nope, just cautiously munching his bamboo ;) Thanks!

genericsmith

quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith
DJ9975 wrote:I think several of the negative posts have disappeared now, but I will say my piece regardless...

While I am quite happy to see Ramy NOT in the fog for yet another similary drawn and overly cutesy submission, I have to say lets at least keep the criticism sensible. If we are going to attack every detail like 'those hands could never hold a weapon' then we have to attack similar silliness in half the shirts submitted. Its a cartoon drawing for cryin out loud- its not expected to have the anatomical prowess of a Marvel comic. (Heck, Veggie Tales is a hiliarious and well done cartoon with characters that live their whole lives sans appendages. But I digress...) Speaking of comics- TMNT was a comic long before it was a video game, so that kills the no-video game references argument as well. The list of Ramy complaints goes far beyond these two examples, but they stand out most in my mind.

Again, I am not really attempting to run to Ramy's defense here since I tend to cringe at most of his submissions. But lets at least attempt to keep our annoyance aimed at something legit about the submission itself (there is generally plenty of good material), and stop throwing our anger around in silly ways making ourselves look like butts.

//end rant

I don't know if I'd agree that Veggietales is well done but I think the items floating in midair is possibly better than floating on arm numbs.

I don't really think I'm being nit-picky either... I'm not asking for Marvel quality... I can't even think of any cartoon style things that have weapons or objects just floating on non-hands.

At least most of the other designs that feature cartoony animals/people holding objects look like they have a legitimate way of holding them... or at the very least position the objects at a behind the hand view (probably a better way to put it) so that it doesn't look like it's just floating there.

*shrug*

//end non-rant :D

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.

jacobwratten

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jacobwratten
lorzod wrote:As a member of the LGBT community, I DO find this offensive. I've met met a bunch of Lesbians and Transgendered people that would find this insulting. And no, it has no explanation. It's just a picture, so people can draw from it what they WANT. Most people aren't going to spend an hour thinking about it. They're going to go with their initial response and my initial response is that this is making fun of girls who either want to be boys or boys who want to be girls. That can be viewed in a number of ways, but at the very least it's insanely insensitive to those who are transgendered on both sides. It is insulting for male to female and female to male.

If you don't see that fine, but don't tell other people they don't have a right to be offended OR that there are some ridiculously Sirius GPP and Jatravartid "explanations" as to why it's OK. If they feel offended or find it insulting, they have EVERY RIGHT to because it may not have meant to mean that, but there is nothing but pictures and the pictures speak to a minority community that tends to get ignored.

and BTW, many in the LGB community have issues with our tranny friends and may not accept them, so may not talk about that. The LGBT community is not as cohesive and all accepting as we all like to pretend and believe it is.

i think its funny that someone would come out and say that they are offended by the shirt design and say its not sensitive and then suggest that the group they are defending doesn't even accept its own. its hypocritical of to say respect us but we don't have to respect others. grow and realize that its not about you and not about LGBT either. i have a lot of friends in the LGBT community and i am glad to say they are not as closed minded. in the words of tyler durden you are not special. adding to that it is not everyone elses responsibility to accommodate you. be as you are but let everyone else in this word be as they are and stop picking out differences because thats what makes everything worse!

kaedex99

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kaedex99
Re: If Wishes Were Shurikens

@curiousme: Thanks! -:D

@Daruma42: With a name like that, I would think so! -xD If I ever print it, I think I may have to send you one for free, on principle alone. -:P

BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: Old School [Re-Sub]

This is so cute. I absolutely love the style.

Aerrow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Aerrow
Re: Spork

Thanks for all the spork support. I hadn't thought there'd be such a spork following. I will try and refine and improve my shirt designs for future spork shirts so that I get a print.

http://derbyimages.woot.com/1903279/af8fa716-5310-485e-ac0a-7f115e06e648.jpg

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
Re: oddball, schmodbball

besides needing to remove the '1' from the front ball; the stripe's stripes are too wide, they look like solids.

megadog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megadog
Salinga wrote:Why is this out of the fog?! D:

so sorry to see this come out of fog - i love it

zigsym

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zigsym
Re: Baa Baa Bad Sheep v2

This would be much better in black.

Behrial

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Behrial
Re: Creepiest Triplets Ever

So that's what Rosemary's baby really looked like.

keige

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keige
BootsBoots wrote:This is so cute. I absolutely love the style.

Thanks a lot!

amh

quality posts: 2 Private Messages amh
daniel164 wrote:I hope I will be able to buy this one. Saint Pattys day will be happening right when I get back from Kuwait and I would really like something to wear right when I get back.

Me too Daniel,happy St. Patty's day ahead of time.

lovelydream

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lovelydream
Re: You Weren't Invited

I LOVE this and the dog reminds me of my . . . .err "special" dog :D you have my vote

lovelydream

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lovelydream
Re: Acquired Taste

YOU NEVER cease to amaze me WEEK AFTER WEEK I LOVE YOUR WORK!!

killroy108

quality posts: 3 Private Messages killroy108
blanked wrote:Because it is too hard to get up off the ground. by the time you do the tagger has already completed the circle.

That's why you played it while you were still a kid!

killroy108

Re: Duck duck duck duck duck GOOSE

Please vote for this! My little sis would love it!

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 57 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus
Re: The Fifth Element?

no love for love D;

+1 :]

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

tigtig67

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tigtig67
jacobwratten wrote:i think its funny that someone would come out and say that they are offended by the shirt design and say its not sensitive and then suggest that the group they are defending doesn't even accept its own. its hypocritical of to say respect us but we don't have to respect others. grow and realize that its not about you and not about LGBT either. i have a lot of friends in the LGBT community and i am glad to say they are not as closed minded. in the words of tyler durden you are not special. adding to that it is not everyone elses responsibility to accommodate you. be as you are but let everyone else in this word be as they are and stop picking out differences because thats what makes everything worse!

Amen to that Johndis. As a member of the LGBT community and a tranny as some call us I also find it very sad and repulsive that some people in our community perform the same prejudice that they say they are fighting against. Some people need to stop talking and think before they speak.

killroy108

Re: There's always gotta be one

I usually get a regular fry in with mt curly fries.

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 08673585
Re: Hearts

VOTE for me, I need recognition!

npromero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npromero
killroy108 wrote:I usually get a regular fry in with mt curly fries.

A little secret for you. Jack in the Box curly fries + a side of sweet and sour sauce = a happy belly.

Enjoy,
:D

There's always gotta be one

MadamAtom

quality posts: 7 Private Messages MadamAtom
Re: Another Dimension

Man, this is getting robbed. At least it got a Best Loser. Holler if it prints elsewhere, 'kay?