bluejester

quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester
Re: How low can you go?

Hey, I know that last guy! He's sitting behind me on my t.v. stand.

uniqlo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uniqlo
Re: Hungry Egg

what about a different color background...not feeling the hunter green

ApeLad

quality posts: 44 Private Messages ApeLad
jjhatch wrote:Awesome!

But I guarantee you there will be someone who says "But only two of the fellowship walked into Mordor!"

Who said anything about Mordor? ;)

genericsmith

quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith
Re: Poo-too-weet

This is a very cool design but I don't know... Maybe it's just a smarter take on "Oddball" than I can grasp.

Sure the robot is mechanical, but so is the airplane. Guess I'm just not getting how this is on theme.

Love the shirt though.

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.

ApeLad

quality posts: 44 Private Messages ApeLad
Re: Acquired Taste

Nice work, as always!

kaseyfleming

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaseyfleming

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Mavyn wrote:The smiles on the badgers are totally creepy.

+1

thanks. they seemed to belong.

I find that them really actually having what look like sideburns is kind of awesome too.

bluejester

Now this, this is the kind of shirt that brought me to woot in the first place. I laugh, I feel sympathy for the little guy, then I say to myself,"Wait, what? They're zombies?!"

jewelwing

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing
Re: Sticking Out

Just chillin' with my spiny friends...

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
genericsmith wrote:
If it has JUST been hit with radioactive junk I doubt it'd of reached that size yet... plus where would it find ninja weapons.

Of course it's apparently not completely finished mutating because it hasn't developed thumbs yet (as mentioned by me above)

I don't know about rejecting it as a video game... it's possible others have in the past... hard to tell... I mean, there's plenty of zombie video games too... Transformers (of course only one good video game has come from it)

not liking sloppy work as in the last one is one thing. but he took the complaint and took the time to make a clean image. the way he draws his turtles is a style choice and he has the right to draw in it. its a cartoon, it doesn't have to have perfect anatomy. if you want people to stop voting for him for valid reasons fine, but making up trivial things to complain about is just annoying. as he said in his comment, he made an effort this time. if you want him to get less votes all you have to do is stop complaining in his thread and less people will come here to look at it.

kaseyfleming

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaseyfleming
Re: happiness

YES! double edgar submission week.

crmoyer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crmoyer
Re: Black Swan

BEAUTIFUL!

skirochester

quality posts: 4 Private Messages skirochester
Re: Black Swan

thanks for the votes!

capedcrusader514

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514

This is better than the other. Want.

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129
genericsmith wrote:This is a very cool design but I don't know... Maybe it's just a smarter take on "Oddball" than I can grasp.

Sure the robot is mechanical, but so is the airplane. Guess I'm just not getting how this is on theme.

Love the shirt though.

It's a bunch of living things, and the robot is the oddball. I guess the airplane could also be considered the same way, but the robot is kind of like a zombie or a marionette or something- it's alive but not alive. But the presence of the airplane does kind of (inadvertently) add emphasis to how the robot is not a living thing, so I think that's kind of neat.

bluejester

Re: Bullying the Old Floppy

It's funny and all, but the positioning of the arm of the thumb/flash drive by the water cooler made me think that he had weird hands and was flipping off the floppy. Maybe if the cup was lower from the nozzle?

profbrendan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages profbrendan
Re: Transform

"No Text" rule is gonna getcha.

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck

this. is. awesome. i love it. +1!

truffleshuffle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle
rglee129 wrote:The concept of painting living things as vertical beams of light comes from Rabo Karebekian, a character from two of Kurt Vonnegut's novels ("Bluebeard" and my all time favorite, "Breakfast of Champions"). And for those KV fans at home, the buildings are all part of old Dresden.

-R

I totally love that part in "Breakfast of Champions"!! I've always wondered if Rabo Karebekian's painting was supposed to be a fictional parallel to Barnett Newman's "Vir Heroicus Sublimus" (or translated "Man, Heroic and Sublime"). Anyway, I've always liked that painting more after reading Karebekian's explanation of his own work. Very cool reference

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

Shadowhunter312

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Shadowhunter312

With Ramyb, it's turtles all the way down.

amh

quality posts: 2 Private Messages amh
Re: 4 Luck

- 2 colors.
- Halftones, no real gradients.
- The shading of the clovers are negative space.

Enjoy ;)

dsgnGrl

quality posts: 5 Private Messages dsgnGrl
Re: Poor Old Pencil

Entry by dsgnGrl and greystone9. Six colors on royal blue.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

So charming!

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

cindyscrazy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cindyscrazy
Re: Spike's Foster Family

My hedgie just passed away....this shirt just brought a tear to my eye :'(

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"--from a T-shirt

https://www.etsy.com/shop/cindyscrazyknits?ref=si_shop

flycat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flycat
dsgnGrl wrote:Entry by dsgnGrl and greystone9. Six colors on royal blue.

awe, poor little pencil...so left out

flycat

I don't get this shirt....

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
Re: the gentlemen

Thanks guys. I thought it was a pretty funny idea, I'm glad a few people agree.

aethera21

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aethera21

This is one of the hardest vote choices I've made so far, and I imagine I'm going to change my mind a lot in the next few days! Some really clever (and adorable) designs up there already. Coming after several weeks in which I haven't been motivated to buy anything, I'm excited by how many different shirts in this derby I would willingly spend money on.

bluejester

megsck wrote:not liking sloppy work as in the last one is one thing. but he took the complaint and took the time to make a clean image. the way he draws his turtles is a style choice and he has the right to draw in it. its a cartoon, it doesnt have to have perfect anatomy. if you want people to stop voting for him for valid reasons fine, but making up trivial things to complain about is just annoying. as he said in his comment, he made an effort this time. if you want him to get less votes all you have to do is stop complaining in his thread and less people will come here to look at it.

In fairness, this does seem more polished than the last one, but there are still things in it that feel like errors. And in my opinion, I just don't like the design choices really. I did like the suggestion that some one made of instead of cowering turtles, a warthog and rhino would have been better. Also, the green goup around it's feet are off putting without a canister of some sort visible--it really could be that the turtle hit Taco Bell before showing off for his friends. And yeah, some one mentioned the lack of thumbs on some of the appendages. Yes, technically a turtle doesn't have thumbs to begin with, but this is supposed to be a witty design so that part is mute. However when were supposed to see them mutant holding weaponry and they just seem to float in convient locations, it still doesn't work for me.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

Re: badger badger

I *so* understand the plight of the mushroom.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

Johndis5

Re: The Bus Stop

This is great! Are you still going to do the jail yard one?

genericsmith

quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith
megsck wrote:not liking sloppy work as in the last one is one thing. but he took the complaint and took the time to make a clean image. the way he draws his turtles is a style choice and he has the right to draw in it. its a cartoon, it doesnt have to have perfect anatomy. if you want people to stop voting for him for valid reasons fine, but making up trivial things to complain about is just annoying. as he said in his comment, he made an effort this time. if you want him to get less votes all you have to do is stop complaining in his thread and less people will come here to look at it.

I don't think wanting the creature to have a viable way to hold it's weapons is trivial though.

Especially with the thumb nubbins at the top of the weapons... they'd just fall out of his hands.

I didn't say anything about wanting him to get less votes... I don't think I really complained either.

I apologize for annoying you... I don't usually rally against ramy that much (except maybe in the reckoning threads) and I really like your designs, so I'm a little sad you decided to rip into me. You could of at least picked the guy that just said he hated him... Jeez.

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.

flycat

Re: The Black Sheep

Wow, love the artwork

Jestik

Re: Midnight OddBall

excellent work!

MysticHead

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MysticHead
Re: How low can you go?

I love this! Clever enough that it takes a second to see it but quick enough to read well on a t-shirt.

Johndis5

Cute. And not in a bad way either!

Jestik

this WILL print. Sometime. Somewhere.

why not this week?

Jestik