meh3884

quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884
Re: Phoenix on a wire

excellent. this is shaping up to be the first derby that produces a shirt i want to buy in over a year.

well, that is, until the community blows it by voting for pointless designs, like turtles. again.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

AkuX

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AkuX
genericsmith wrote:I don't think wanting the creature to have a viable way to hold it's weapons is trivial though.

Especially with the thumb nubbins at the top of the weapons... they'd just fall out of his hands.

I didn't say anything about wanting him to get less votes... I don't think I really complained either.

I apologize for annoying you... I don't usually rally against ramy that much (except maybe in the reckoning threads) and I really like your designs, so I'm a little sad you decided to rip into me. You could of at least picked the guy that just said he hated him... Jeez.

I still don't see why everyone is so critical about the "thumbs". It's a cartoon, use your imagination, maybe his thumbs have massive gripping power. It is, after all, a mutant.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Re: happiness

I cannot imagine a better venue for this shirt to print.

mindputtee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mindputtee
megsck wrote:im sorry for making my comment seem directed to just you, im more annoyed at the whole thing, im tired of seeing tons of negative posts everytime ramby decides to enter a derby. im pretty sure he knows what some people think of him here so constantly saying it over and over i think is pointless. if his submissions have something valid to respond to, then fine, but just saying mean things is itself mean. there are always some designs in every derby that arnt top quality, but people dont go around tearing them apart. this site has different experience levels so you just have to put up with some submissions not being up to par. i feel that if you dont like it, just dont click on it. again sorry it felt i was picking you out specifically i dont have any negative feelings toward you, just toward the mob like mentality that ramby threads tend to turn into.

I think this is very well put, and I agree with you completely. Offer constructive criticism or keep your mouth shut.

Personally, I would prefer if you could see some of the turtle that's hiding in its shell. My first thought when I saw this that the empty looking shell belonged to the mutant turtle and I was confused.

The other concern I have is that the turtle on the left doesn't look quite as frightened as the middle turtle, it looks more zombish to me. If it had movement lines maybe to indicate it was backing away or startled at least it would work better for me.

These are both little fixes that I doubt will occur, but just thoughts I would like to put out there, I hope that they might be useful in the future.

Also, about the concerns of this getting rejected on the grounds of TMNT and video games, that's total crap, this design doesn't reference TMNT at all, yes it's a mutant turtle but that concept is not owned by TMNT. This is a completely independent idea, even if it does play on people's nostalgia for TMNT.

auntiesash

quality posts: 0 Private Messages auntiesash

Ah---d20 cries himself to sleep at night...

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15
Re: BAD MOTHERDUCKER

Ahh... I now understand this guy's feelings. He was just a victim of a defective society.

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

lifeiskumquat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lifeiskumquat
Re: Odd Bear Out

I love it. GMV =)

mindputtee

Re: The Girl in the Yellow Dress

I wanted to do a more positive take on the whole oddball thing, so I imagined someone standing out in a good way. I will post some larger images a little later. Thanks for looking!

bluejester

quality posts: 564 Private Messages bluejester
AkuX wrote:I still don't see why everyone is so critical about the "thumbs". It's a cartoon, use your imagination, maybe his thumbs have massive gripping power. It is, after all, a mutant.

For me, the thumb problem isn't that they are suppossed to work with the holding up of the weapons, but there seems to be a few of them missing at first glance. Second glance, you can see them, but they are barely there. It's the same problem I and many others had with the smile on the Christmas turtle, it's barely there and without it more defined, the whole thing takes on a different meaning. Same here, it looks less like the turtle is holding some of the weapons than they are just floating there of their own accord.

blkh2bio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blkh2bio
Re: badger badger

I think I see, Snaaaaaaaaaake! Ohhhhh it's a snake! Nice, I wish you luck.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Re: Sticking Out

This is probably your best in a while. Great style, and legitimately adorable. Not only that, but in a derby full of obvious relationships, this was a shred unexpected.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: The Smart Cookie

Walmazan and Boots collab.

bluejester

Re: The Girl in the Yellow Dress

Ah, there it is. Nicely done, and very much voted for.

stardusties

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stardusties

xD If this wins, I can't wait to rock it during HvZ (and of course when ever else I can)

kinzoku wrote:This might actually make a good joke shirt if the lone zombie had a picture of some grains instead of a sandwich.

haahahaha <3 it. But it wouldn't really make food sense because we don't eat grains straight from the field as zombies eat brains straight from the....brains.

mindputtee

BootsBoots wrote:Walmazan and Boots collab.

I love the way this turned out, it's a wonderful blend of your styles. I would definitely buy one.

austin5454

quality posts: 1 Private Messages austin5454
austin5454 wrote:damn.. Probably because I am an human.

hahah...censored, let's see if this works: Probably because I am unintelligent.

stardusties

Re: The Bus Stop

oh my gosh....xD this is so hillar. I'm sorry that you got robbed . Life stories make art more fascinating :D.

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan

Aww Boots,Thanks so much, I'm so happy with this collab! you did and incredible work here!

Gracias Jamie!

mindputtee

bluejester wrote:Ah, there it is. Nicely done, and very much voted for.

Thanks! That means a lot to me!

lifeiskumquat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lifeiskumquat
odysseyroc wrote:I guess luck wasn't a lady tonight

I love this entry, I would definitely wear this. GMV =)

(Speaking of lady luck, Guys and Dolls is my favorite musical)

bluejester

borrin1 wrote:Looks like one of the faces from Guess Who

That's a win in my book.

"Does your person have facial hair?"

"Yes."
Fwap! Fwap! Fwap!

"Is your person evil?"

"Awwww man...."

sefjwm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sefjwm

Reminded me of that Pixar short For the Birds.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
walmazan wrote:Aww Boots,Thanks so much, I'm so happy with this collab! you did and incredible work here!

Gracias Jamie!

No, no. It's all about YOU!

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

I'd be interested in seeing this on baby blue, but regardless, really nice! Delightful illustration.

Vote!

stardusties

Re: Phoenix on a wire

AHHH >_< Those poor innocent birds!!! With their cutely flaming white feathers >_< gmv ^_^

EBOLAinfectedMonkey

quality posts: 3 Private Messages EBOLAinfectedMonkey
Re: AHH it's a mutant!

Though I probably wouldn't purchase a ramyb shirt, I do respect him as a designer.

1. Design shirts
2. ????????
3. PROFIT

mindputtee

Cute, whimsical, and a touch artsy. Love it.

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15
Re: Werewolf Astronaut

Why didn't the astronauts in 1969 bring golf clubs to the moon?! It'd be the best place ever to go golfing!

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

bellisperennis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bellisperennis
Re: Black Swan

Brilliant. I fold these all the time when I'm bored and there is paper around. Programs, gum wrappers, old post-it-notes... you name it. So should this print, I will buy it and wear it with these, with pride!

graffd02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages graffd02
Re: Deadly Weapons

All of these are deadly weapons

Seriously...

Deadly weapons
3 colors on black

magelord

quality posts: 0 Private Messages magelord
Re: AHH it's a mutant!

I actually do have a constructive comment, specifically about the weapon designs. The lower left hand has one of the standard grips on the sai-like weapon, but said weapon is colored in such a way that it looks like it has an edge, more like a dagger with massive, pointed quillons than a sai. A minor issue, but one that would make future drawings related to this subject (and, though I mean no offence, you do seem to like the TMNT) that much more interesting to those of us who practice stage fighting or martial arts.

stardusties

Re: What the... What Happened?

rofl evolution <3

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

One more gargleblaster, not only is this hilarious, but I love the statement it makes. One of my favorite Edgars ever!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Re: The Bus Stop

I really like this one, yet again with the walmazanian. The shadows of the nose in the bag are just a fine detail.

kharmazero

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kharmazero

have you punk friends?this work is magical :-)

stormygoddess

quality posts: 6 Private Messages stormygoddess

walmazan and bootsboots, the perfect pair! Love it, GMV

meh3884

quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884
Re: Odd Bear Out

Proof that cute shirts can also reflect artistic-ness and style. Facial expressions for the win! Voted.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

squirlin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages squirlin

love it, +1

stormygoddess

quality posts: 6 Private Messages stormygoddess
Re: Smell no Evil

Aww, adorable. But to me I'd always be snickering that he's picking his nose ;)

kharmazero

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kharmazero
Re: Black Swan

it's beautiful