Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Zapdos used T-Shirt.

It's super effective!

teknomls

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teknomls

IN MY OPINION, this doesn't seem to be worthwhile.
It reeks of that 5-13 year old appeal towards some generic tough looking animal doing something "cool". I'd put this shirt in a similar category with those button-up shirts that teens wear unbuttoned. You know, the ones that have flame designs covering the entire thing (with the occasional dragon/ beast somewhere on the front/back).

With this said, though, I understand that shirt.woot has a lot of nerdy shirts, and being a nerd isn't bad (at least I hope not!). I just wish my fellow nerd's typical flair didn't all lie in the similitude of designs in the shirt they wear...

8ate8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 8ate8
Bacondoggy wrote:since I have a very rare and heavily modified ford thunderbird SUPERCOUPE (engine was supercharged from stock as well as a LOT of other things), I cant pass this up.

They're not THAT rare… unless you have a 95 5-speed. I got a 93 5-speed with a 1.7 Autorotor making 391 rwhp. Might pick this shirt up, too.

linksdeity

quality posts: 22 Private Messages linksdeity

Talk about a hard boss fight, especially if you only have enough magic for the thunder spell!

And then you have to fight Dark Link!

johnthehurdler

quality posts: 1 Private Messages johnthehurdler

Isn't it more of a lightning bird?

thesteampunk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thesteampunk

Zaptos' Uncle?

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan

Congrats patrickspens! You are in a roll!

michmck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michmck
johnthehurdler wrote:Isn't it more of a lightning bird?

No. Google "thunderbird mythology."

Puggsy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Puggsy

this came to mind

http://5secondfilms.com/watch/the_ballad_of_truck_thunders/

I can appreciate good art, not add to it.

Neotacha

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Neotacha

THIS is the kind of design I expect from patrickspens -- crisp design with limited color, not being silly. So much nicer than the disappointing hotdog.

chelseajaccard

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chelseajaccard

I don't get it... am I missing something?? This is the least attractive and cheesiest shirt I've ever seen woot put out. Looks like something my trailer trash side of the family would wear with their wolves howling at the moon sweatshirt over it...

Woot, what's going on?

mkentosh

quality posts: 308 Private Messages mkentosh

HA! That's no thunderbird!

mrsbeck2006

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrsbeck2006

Wait, shouldn't this be call "Lightnightbird"? ...Or are you saying thunder happens when this dumb bird explodes from electrocution?

goochwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goochwoot

It's cool but shouldn't it be called lightning bird?

sawbones84

quality posts: 7 Private Messages sawbones84
CaptainWes wrote:This will go perfectly with my three wolf moon shirt.

yea, the wolves shirt was the first thing that came to my mind when i saw this

DrakeVenix

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DrakeVenix

Methinks more people should read previous posts before commenting, this is regarding all the "shouldn't it be lightning bird" posts.

michmck already said to google "thunderbird mythology". It's generally always associated with lightning in one or more ways. Do it, you might learn something ;p

Orannis0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Orannis0

IT'S THE STOOOORRRRMMMM CROOOOWWWWW!!!

I refuse to believe Bard is a useful class.

JPMallon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JPMallon

It really ought to glow in the dark. I'd be sold! As it is, though, not so much.

DonInKansas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DonInKansas
sawbones84 wrote:yea, the wolves shirt was the first thing that came to my mind when i saw this

Three Wolf Moon shirt + Thunderbird shirt = So much awesome the planet explodes.

thevance777

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thevance777
xxchange wrote:THUNDERCATS!

Should be a thundercat XD
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

felopez

quality posts: 1 Private Messages felopez

I already bought "Discovery of Fire." I felt like I needed to have this one. I WILL COMPLETE THE ELEMENTS.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

chelseajaccard wrote:I don't get it... am I missing something?? This is the least attractive and cheesiest shirt I've ever seen woot put out. Looks like something my trailer trash side of the family would wear with their wolves howling at the moon sweatshirt over it...

Woot, what's going on?

Woot? Talk to the voters. They liked it, they're buying it.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

eastcobbler

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eastcobbler
chelseajaccard wrote:I don't get it... am I missing something?? This is the least attractive and cheesiest shirt I've ever seen woot put out. Looks like something my trailer trash side of the family would wear with their wolves howling at the moon sweatshirt over it...

Woot, what's going on?

yeah, i just thought cheezy airbrushed wolf or eagle shirt when I saw this one in the fog. not that I have the skill to get more than 10 votes on a design at shirt woot, but i don't get the wide appeal here.

NitsuaKun

quality posts: 49 Private Messages NitsuaKun

This bird isn't satisfied with just bombing its victims with droppings...

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who can read binary and those who can't.

Armagedon

quality posts: 106 Private Messages Armagedon
eastcobbler wrote:yeah, i just thought cheezy airbrushed wolf or eagle shirt when I saw this one in the fog. not that I have the skill to get more than 10 votes on a design at shirt woot, but i don't get the wide appeal here.

I got 11 votes once

loyaleagle

quality posts: 2 Private Messages loyaleagle

Really a "power animal"? This belongs in a fantasy weapons store!

My blog: Science Is Magic
On Twitter: Loyaleagle

Woots Purchased: Rainy Souls, Altec Lansing Expressionist Plus 2.1 Speaker System, 1985 BC, Random Shirt (The Quick Brown Fox), Chance of Scattered Showers, Random Shirt (I Wish...), It Came Out of Nowhere

StarBob

quality posts: 14 Private Messages StarBob

I bought this. I couldn't decide if it was a cheesy kind of hipster ironic thing (which would annoy me) or a really awesome artistic rendition of an awesome thing happening.

Then I looked at it for a while and decided it was the latter. I do live in WV though so I don't think anyone would ever consider it hipster style. It feels very 80s with the bird looking the way it is, but I think on a shirt on my chest it will instill me with badassity.

I've been looking for a geek shirt lately but this will take the place until I find a really good one.

smurfage

quality posts: 3 Private Messages smurfage

I bought this too. 50/50 toss up between cheesy-cliche effect, and quality "thats awsome" artwork. Guess I won't know how I feel until I first put it on.

nanaejt

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nanaejt

Woot, what's going on?

Jeez Muffy lighten up, no need to insult the artist and your family because you don't like the shirt.

tylersawyer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tylersawyer

this really is more of a lightning bird is it not?

Jasontheperson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Jasontheperson

What's the word?
Thunderbird.
How's it sold?
Good and cold.
What's the jive?
Bird's alive.
What's the price?
Thirty twice.

jermaniac

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jermaniac

Can someone please send this bird to my neighborhood to deal with our pigeon problem. I will provide clouds and rain, wait I live in Arizona, so I probably can't provide those things.

bluejester

quality posts: 557 Private Messages bluejester

Ooooo. Bouncing button time!

Nice work Patrickspens.

bluejester

Just realized that when an artist here has three shirts up for sale, you could say that they are "in sync" with the wooters?

Get it? Because, they have buy buy buy in their sig line...

Okay, I'm tired and not on top form this evening.

vixro

quality posts: 8 Private Messages vixro

Woot, what's going on?

Sold out.

NinthMaeglin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NinthMaeglin

I'm just waiting for the Firefox shirt to go along with it.

bluejester

vixro wrote:Sold out.

Couldn't have put it better myself. But what are you to go now that it is sold out?

It's easy!

Just follow either this link after midnight central time to purchase the shirt at the new, premium price of $15.

Or, simply go to the reckoning page after midnight central time and there will be a tiny image of this awesome bird which will link you to the same "I want one" page.

(Hint: All the cool wooters who want to support t-shirt artists buy three. But don't let them know I told you this little secret ;) )

echinsuocha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages echinsuocha

I totally forgot to check shirt.woot yeasterday so I missed the $10 deal; however, I did not hesitate to click Buy to purchase this shirt for an instant this morning.

So freaking good!

mousemuffins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mousemuffins

Is anyone else waiting for this shirt to ship? I ordered it on the first day and it hasn't shipped yet, but the shirts I ordered on Monday's Reckoning already have.

LordJacknife

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LordJacknife
mousemuffins wrote:Is anyone else waiting for this shirt to ship? I ordered it on the first day and it hasn't shipped yet, but the shirts I ordered on Monday's Reckoning already have.

Yup, I got the tracking number, but I can't see that it's even shipped yet.