WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Remember that cereal "Triples?" It was basically Rice Krispies, but it had this ridiculous ad campaign centered on people being so impressed with the cereal that they would do triple takes after eating it. Well this week we're- Wait, this is a double-take derby; boy that's a terrible segue. Never mind. Anyway, this week we're re-upping Honorable Mention shirt designs from Derbies 174 - 186. If you found yourself lamenting a shirt not printing before but celebrating its honorable mentionedness, his would be the part where you start your own campaign on Facebook or Twitter to see your fave print.

Designers: if in the meantime you've opted out of including your design in the Double-Take Derby, or sold/submitted your Honorable Mention design somewhere else, email us at shirt@woot.com by noon tomorrow and let us know. Any design found submitted for voting to another site, sold on another site, or for sale on another site will not be eligible for the Double-Take Derby and will be removed from consideration. Because we're jealous like that.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Oh thank beejeezus! I'm so beat this week, this is perfect timing.

Yes! ^_^

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Doubletake...! I wasn't expecting it this week, but I'm relieved, it's been a rough week... could use one less thing on my plate.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Spiritgreen wrote:Oh thank beejeezus! I'm so beat this week, this is perfect timing.

Yes! ^_^

you are SO right... I am gonna be so busy this week, all I gotta do is watch the fun! I hope it goes to ELEVEN....

zosai

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zosai

Hooray! my first double-take.

I have "Dancing with the Stars" up for re-vote.

Looking forward to seeing some of the others get another chance, like cmdixon's toucan and pixelpants's Escher fish.

CrescentDebris

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CrescentDebris

Double Take already? Craziness. Maybe the last one seems so recent because it scarred me so terribly. 4th, 7th and.... "Noooooo Ducky... not again!" 10th

EDIT: (Hold the bandwagon... here I come)

Drakxxx & CrescentDebris

CrescentDebris

Misskari

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Misskari

Dang, and here I was, ready to work on another entry again finally! ;) Oh well. I'll have two entries in this derby, I believe.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

I have two this go round.

iBadBoy

Karni Rata

nathanwpyle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages nathanwpyle

I remember so many good designs from the last few months. Looking forward to it!

My design up for double take: EPIC FIRE SAFETY DIAGRAM

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

Hey, Travis, how about telling us next week's theme? It's not like anyone is going to be drawing anything for this week...

kevlar51

quality posts: 46 Private Messages kevlar51

This is a huge relief! I've been way too busy lately--

I've got two up this go-around:

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Josephus wrote:Hey, Travis, how about telling us next week's theme? It's not like anyone is going to be drawing anything for this week...

Could always work up some dailies :D.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
bassanimation wrote:Could always work up some dailies :D.

I have one pretty close to ready, and another one sketched.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

I'm sure I already see some winners above me. :^)

I have 3 HMs in the mix:

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert

Pretty sure I only have one horse in this race:

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic

Me got one...

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240

I have one. It had 220 votes and not a single comment last time so I am not sure how it will do a 2nd time. ;)

kinzoku

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kinzoku

Ooh, I thought this would be the next derby, not this one...

Anyway, I'm proud to say that I have four entries this round. Each one would sure love your votes!

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Andy47240 wrote:I have one. It had 220 votes and not a single comment...

That seems very odd. That's got to be a record (most votes with zero comments).

I will try to leave a random comment for you once it goes up

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2

I've got four this time around.

Edit: Found one more!

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Hey...pssst...you're missing a 't' in the description.

'his' should be 'this'.

I hink, anyway.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

uniique

quality posts: 2 Private Messages uniique

Wow, I've been waiting for this for awhile. Got 4. Always a brides maid, never a bride.

I wonder if woot would let me re-color a sub, like this?...

justice180482

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justice180482

I am new to this whole Double Take thing. Can you guys tell me, are designs that are resubmitted allowed to be edited/changed or do they have to be submitted exactly like they were the first time?

Mavyn

justice180482 wrote:I am new to this whole Double Take thing. Can you guys tell me, are designs that are resubmitted allowed to be edited/changed or do they have to be submitted exactly like they were the first time?

I suspect the answer is no. To the best of my understanding, the artists don't resubmit. Woot already has the submissions, and woot posts them when the derby opens. The artist could ask to swap, but it would really be up to woot to determine if the change was accepted or not, since they gave the honorable mention to the design 'as is'.

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24

I've got one, from #180 Complementary Colors:

getshighoncocacola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages getshighoncocacola

hey guys, I may just be being kind of ignorant here, but does someone want to clarify a bit?

I know that these are designs that were subbed for previous derbies, but are they only the ones that made honorable mention? If so, are they ALL of the ones that made honorable mention? If one particular artist should, say, have four honorable mentions during the given period and all are permitted entry into the double-take derby, would all four be put in the derby or would the artist have to pick two?

Just looking for a bit of clarification here as I'm a touch confused. Thanks!

"No man is sane who does not know how to be insane on the proper occasions."~Henry Ward Beecher

kevlar51

chumpmagic wrote:That seems very odd. That's got to be a record (most votes with zero comments).

I will try to leave a random comment for you once it goes up

And ruin a perfectly good record!??!

Mavyn

getshighoncocacola wrote:hey guys, I may just be being kind of ignorant here, but does someone want to clarify a bit?

I know that these are designs that were subbed for previous derbies, but are they only the ones that made honorable mention? If so, are they ALL of the ones that made honorable mention? If one particular artist should, say, have four honorable mentions during the given period and all are permitted entry into the double-take derby, would all four be put in the derby or would the artist have to pick two?

All shirts that received an honorable mention in their original derby AND that the artist hasn't submitted elsewhere or withdrawn for other reasons are entered. Doesn't matter how many they have (as with the regular derbies, there isn't a limitation on how many designs can be submitted).

kevlar51

getshighoncocacola wrote:hey guys, I may just be being kind of ignorant here, but does someone want to clarify a bit?

Yep, all honorable mentions go in (and nothing else). If you had four, all four go up.

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan
Andy47240 wrote:I have one. It had 220 votes and not a single comment last time so I am not sure how it will do a 2nd time. ;)

I love how look on the tee! I will support and comment yours Andy!

parrotice

quality posts: 6 Private Messages parrotice

What puts a shirt into this derby? Just a guess, but is it shirts that were in the fog but dont print? Does woot have the option to put in shirts that just missed the fog, but got lots of votes?

ETA: It would be nice if part of the first post, artists put in what derby it was originally from. Sometimes I can figure it out, but not always.

Where's the crap?

walmazan

cmdixon2 wrote:I've got four this time around.

I'm sure I going to buy a least one for your awesome tees at the end of the week!

Mavyn

parrotice wrote:What puts a shirt into this derby? Just a guess, but is it shirts that were in the fog but dont print? Does woot have the option to put in shirts that just missed the fog, but got lots of votes?

ETA: It would be nice if part of the first post, artists put in what derby it was originally from. Sometimes I can figure it out, but not always.

After each Derby, Woot identifies the honorable mentions. Some are from the fog, some aren't. Just ones they like and want to recognize. The list of honorable mentions are in the Derby forum.

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost

Hot dang I have 6 for this derby Personal record for me. Here they are in no particular order (actually a very particular receding chronological order)

Monkey Business

Binary

Concerts will never be the same

Trimming the hedges

Will maul 4 ice

You are the butter to my bread

walmazan

Wach out guys, I have tree and one collab!

lindaabd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lindaabd

Yaaay! There are so many shirts I've loved that didn't make the print cut. Just this last week, Feathered Friends and You Weren't Invited were total disappointments. I see the Feathered Friends has been re-entered and it will get my vote! But, so many others will, too. I have a feeling, I will be out some money next week! And not just shirts for me...I buy through the year for kids' Christmas organizations 'cause you guys print some dandies .

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01

Cool!, also expecting it till next week, i see some really nice ones so far that i hope does better this time, all will be great for sure since they were choosed for double take so will be a hard one, i think i have 3 or 4 need to check, all the best to all ... (o;

jboshaw

quality posts: 10 Private Messages jboshaw

i really think i'm going to be spending $30 next weekend or nothing at all. haven't made a purchase in quite some time.

kevinfhuntley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevinfhuntley

Me wants that Scoville shirt real bad. I can't remember who designed it but I'm looking at you.

omnitarian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages omnitarian

I will have this many entries in the double take:

(Specifically, this and this)