64%
6%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

heartflux

quality posts: 5 Private Messages heartflux

Nice! Congrats on a great design, radiomode!

I woot, therefore I am.

chrisprender

quality posts: 312 Private Messages chrisprender

*Love* the use of negative space to imply trees in the foreground. Awesome technique, fantastic design.

doodahbtfcc13

quality posts: 20 Private Messages doodahbtfcc13

I'm 21 years old and have a record player/listen to vinyl records.
That must mean I'm awesome! :D

radiomode

quality posts: 3 Private Messages radiomode

hoo - ray !

wootchawant

quality posts: 67 Private Messages wootchawant

i really love this design, but i just don't think i'll be able to handle having people stare at my chest long enough to appreciate the full picture. no purchase for me, but i'll recommend it to my male friends like crazy! (and i guarantee it will be my desktop image for at least a week--it's enthralling.)

so wootchawootchawootchawant?! you're so funny with that money that you flaunt...

Marcuslweger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Marcuslweger

Not what I was expecting Woot, you spun me right round.

• ASCII Nightx2 / Acquired Taste/Audio Mythos/Willing to endure scientific research/Nevermore/Just The Two Of Us (one of each)/Night Owl/Cthulhu BBQ/DON’T stop to smell the roses!/Poe-etic
• Random x3 (9 shirts)
• +12 WooTs

sparrowhawk69

quality posts: 66 Private Messages sparrowhawk69

so Earth really is the center of the universe.

Sparrowhawk69 is in therapy for seeing bunnies everywhere & is currently a member of R.A.B.B.I.T. : "RamyB All Bunnies Because I'm Trippin" anonymous.

lonelypond

quality posts: 463 Private Messages lonelypond

View from Mars? Or just beyond the asteroid belt? Like the way the arm looks like it just swung in. Going to go dust off my single crate record collection now and have a touch of vinyl nostalgia.

Merry Christmas shirtwoot!

bluejester

quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester

I'm worried that if I wear this shirt, some one might grab me and spin me right round, like a record, baby.

NightGhost

quality posts: 1908 Private Messages NightGhost

Question for the ladies: do you want someone to stare at your chest and ask "what is that?"

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15

Ahhh, another excellent radiomode winner. I love how it looks like only about two colors at first glance, and then you notice the others a second later... if I was from the pre-cassette era of music I would buy this.

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

chrisprender

quality posts: 312 Private Messages chrisprender

Whoa, a five-color shirt? The design gives the impression of having two or three times that many colors. And that's a good thing.

lauradzlg

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lauradzlg

The author writeup cracked me up.

Beautiful design!

PixelPants

quality posts: 70 Private Messages PixelPants

Replicate this shirt when your boss at the hardware shop isn't around and you have free run of the paint mixer.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

That was a beautiful write-up, sir woot-writer.

ragebassmasta

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ragebassmasta

I love looking at the moon, and I love listening to vinyl...sadly my budget doesn't allow it at the moment.

heartflux

quality posts: 5 Private Messages heartflux
NightGhost wrote:Question for the ladies: do you want someone to stare at your chest and ask "what is that?"

This happens to me regularly.

I woot, therefore I am.

etripoli

quality posts: 18 Private Messages etripoli

La de da de da de da de da,
la de da,
la de da.
la de da de da de da de da,
la de da,
la de da.

jacroe

quality posts: 21 Private Messages jacroe

This is one of the most beautiful designs I've seen on shirt.woot! Congratulations, dude.

tornib13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tornib13

This shirt is Beautiful.. I was waiting to get this one out of the derby! Got my wish!

amh

quality posts: 2 Private Messages amh

This is a wonderful shirt, very creative and artsy.
I predict a sellout...

doctorclark

quality posts: 9 Private Messages doctorclark

Haven't followed the shirt design derbys in awhile, but this design is fantastic, and I am in for one. Consider this my reminder to myself to vote more in the derbys and to support the shirt colors I like most (dark..the darker the better...)

What's it going to be then, eh?

loaba

quality posts: 31 Private Messages loaba

No penguins = in for the win! Yeah, be that as it may, I'm still not buying this shirt.

joemail11

quality posts: 34 Private Messages joemail11

The star that traced the needle arm needs to take a long look at its life and reconsider what it deems normal behavoir.

NightGhost

You can get this effect with time-lapse photography, or if you don't want to bother with the equipment, a whole lotta coffee.

Star Trails

garrison4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages garrison4

I'd hate to run into the record player that plays that album...

nainebel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nainebel

In silico what now?

Go take a camera out to the woods. Aim it at the stars. Turn it on 'bulb'. And then hold down the shutter. Better yet, get an extended shutter release so that you don't actually touch the camera. And leave it there for about an hour. This is what will result*. Minus the vinyl arm, of course.

That album just stole what photographers have been doing for years with extended shutter speeds.

*YMMV on actual exposure of the picture if you attempt to capture the moon in the same frame.

darkinc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages darkinc

+2 for the writeup, -1 for not being cutesy or about penguins...

sparrowhawk69

quality posts: 66 Private Messages sparrowhawk69

Radiomode has now switched to out of this world phonograph mode.

Sparrowhawk69 is in therapy for seeing bunnies everywhere & is currently a member of R.A.B.B.I.T. : "RamyB All Bunnies Because I'm Trippin" anonymous.

joemail11

garrison4 wrote:I'd hate to run into the record player that plays that album...

It's all about the speakers, man.

vivbot

quality posts: 29 Private Messages vivbot
wootchawant wrote:i really love this design, but i just don't think i'll be able to handle having people stare at my chest long enough to appreciate the full picture. no purchase for me, but i'll recommend it to my male friends like crazy! (and i guarantee it will be my desktop image for at least a week--it's enthralling.)

seriously, I just spent a couple minutes staring at it, thinking "whoaaaa..." so mesmerizing, but I'd rather have my guy friends get their moobs stared at than my chestal area >.>

joemail11

I wish real stars were as multicolored as this shirt...

No Science about blue, white, yellow, or red stars either. I know about those. I WANT GREEN STARS!

bluejester

quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester

Who wants to lend me 10$ so I can buy this shirt? I get a Daft Punk vibe from the semi-circles and color choice of the artist. Anyone else sensing Daft Punk-ness in this, or is it just me?

doctorclark

quality posts: 9 Private Messages doctorclark
colinaquila wrote:Looks like somebody just discovered Photoshop and made a really unoriginal *spin-off* of Pendulum's "In Silico" album.

I can be unoriginal too, you know.

That album cover resembles the sacred labyrinth more than this shirt design...labyrinth example

This design is more remniscent of an LP and stylus...as most of the people buying it surely realize.

What's it going to be then, eh?

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15
bluejester wrote:Who wants to lend me 10$ so I can buy this shirt? I get a Daft Punk vibe from the semi-circles and color choice of the artist. Anyone else sensing Daft Punk-ness in this, or is it just me?

It's just you. I'm getting a radiomode vibe, personally. =P

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

amh

quality posts: 2 Private Messages amh

I just realized that the shirt is considerably more complex than it first appeared.

The needle arm ends in two shooting stars.
The bottom of the image isn't just faded-out, it's subtle tree shadows, and the moon actually has a pattern on it.
I'm hypnotized.

NightGhost

This keeps reminding me of the movie "2001".

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
doctorclark wrote:That album cover resembles the sacred labyrinth more than this shirt design...labyrinth example

This design is more remniscent of an LP and stylus...as most of the people buying it surely realize.

Wow both the album cover and the labyrinth designs mentioned above even more closely resemble a derby entry I did a few weeks ago...and I've never seen either of the two.

Anyway, loving this Star Trails shirt and buying this shirt!

joemail11

Hmph. Should be .0006944444444444 RPM. With even more fours. And that would be a rotation per 24 hours, when the sun would come out. Unless this is in Alaska.