blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
NightGhost wrote:Question for the ladies: do you want someone to stare at your chest and ask "what is that?"

They do that anyway. The only way not to give an excuse is to buy a back print and keep your front free of lint.

sabru8

quality posts: 54 Private Messages sabru8

I love the Judith Viorst reference in the write up and this shirt. I'm in for one and I think Alexander would be too.

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
NightGhost wrote:Question for the ladies: do you want someone to stare at your chest and ask "what is that?"

Yes, yes I do. ha!

joemail11

quality posts: 34 Private Messages joemail11
joemail11 wrote:Hmph. Should be .0006944444444444 RPM. With even more fours. And that would be a rotation per 24 hours, when the sun would come out. Unless this is in Alaska.

Had to restart my computer once I remembered a day wasn't 24 hours, but 23.93447 hours long. Therefore, it should be .000696346 RPM. .000696346 gorgeous, brilliant, RPM, I might add.

profbrendan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages profbrendan

Funny that the vote total for this music themed shirt is 808, the name of a drum machine.

sparrowhawk69

quality posts: 65 Private Messages sparrowhawk69

I predict that this will be available for sale all day long so those that procrastinate will still be able to get it for 10 bucks right up until 11:59 p.m. tonight.

Sparrowhawk69 is in therapy for seeing bunnies everywhere & is currently a member of R.A.B.B.I.T. : "RamyB All Bunnies Because I'm Trippin" anonymous.

bluejester

quality posts: 566 Private Messages bluejester
Assassin15 wrote:It's just you. I'm getting a radiomode vibe, personally. =P

If you don't have the money to lend, just say so.

Hey woot shirt staff! I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for an awesome radiomode shirt today.

easysailor

quality posts: 25 Private Messages easysailor

Glad to see everyone in better spirit today.

I live paycheck to paycheck thanks to woot.

weasalbalwarrior

quality posts: 7 Private Messages weasalbalwarrior

I've been waiting for quite some time for another shirt like this ...definitely in for one

sparrowhawk69

bluejester wrote:If you don't have the money to lend, just say so.

Hey woot shirt staff! I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for an awesome radiomode shirt today.

just think of how much faster they would ship if they took C.O.D.

Sparrowhawk69 is in therapy for seeing bunnies everywhere & is currently a member of R.A.B.B.I.T. : "RamyB All Bunnies Because I'm Trippin" anonymous.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Just want to say how much I enjoyed your posts tonight talking about the design instead of cracking jokes/puns. It was refreshing and interesting.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

minutewalt

quality posts: 2 Private Messages minutewalt

Ooohh... it's a record needle! For some reason, all I could see in the negative space of the starfield was the "berserker" from "The Doomsday Machine" episode of ST:TOS

:p

sparrowhawk69

ThunderThighs wrote:Just want to say how much I enjoyed your posts tonight talking about the design instead of cracking jokes/puns. It was refreshing and interesting.

I and many others come here for a little humor & then if I see something I want I'll buy it. The humor brings me back more than the merchandise. I've worked in sales & happy smiling people always buy more than anal analytical types. To each their own, but if the jokes go away I'm sure the sales will follow.

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 59 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus
blanked wrote:They do that anyway. The only way not to give an excuse is to buy a back print and keep your front free of lint.

Or you could just wear it backwards. It would be obvious that it's on backwards, but the way you can tell is by looking at the neck line and not the chest area :D

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

MathUhhhSaurus

bluejester wrote:I'm worried that if I wear this shirt, some one might grab me and spin me right round, like a record, baby.

woah! wait a minute, is that the official music video? I thought it might have been fan made.

What Bindle of Carrots?

MathUhhhSaurus

Woot wrote:joemail11 corrects his own math on RPMs.

I'll be the judge of that! Ok...the math checks out :D

What Bindle of Carrots?

thaskaman

quality posts: 15 Private Messages thaskaman

Tiahaar

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Tiahaar

Love the Woot shirt!

Hate the psycho $6 shirt ad human that's Very Frequently Staring At Me Off Of This Site...Geez, get a decent ad already from them Woot, you're scaring me.

SpeedyGonz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpeedyGonz

http://www.designbyhumans.com/shop/detail/2428

Don't know if this is the same artist. Different names at least. Bought this shirt a couple years ago. Thought of it immediately. Same basic design. Even uses negative space to imply trees. Granted, this one is called "Star Trails Remix", the one I thought of it called "Chasing Star Trails". Just thought it was interesting.

phylhrmnix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phylhrmnix

Apologies if some other pedant pointed this out already, but for star trails to center on the moon, it would need to be above one of earth's poles -- the tiny smudge in the center of most star trail photos is the North Star.

...and if this shirt weren't completely wonderful, that small detail would be enough for me to pass on it -- I'm not just a pedant, but I'm a science teacher, too! But considering all the other fine details (like the lunar surface!), I'm conceding this would-be scientific inaccuracy to artistic necessity, in order to depict the record's label.

I regret that I have but one torso to give to this shirt. Very, very well done

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

ThunderThighs wrote:Just want to say how much I enjoyed your posts tonight talking about the design instead of cracking jokes/puns. It was refreshing and interesting.

quoted you twice because I agree so much. Since the advent of the "Quality Post", dialogue about the actual design is pretty rare.

I miss those days.

btw, I really enjoyed today's design. I didn't have time to follow the derby alot this week, so I hadn't looked closely at this one. Very nice, and I'm always a sucker for black shirts.

congrats 'mode!

lovepuff

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lovepuff
phylhrmnix wrote:Apologies if some other pedant pointed this out already, but for star trails to center on the moon, it would need to be above one of earth's poles -- the tiny smudge in the center of most star trail photos is the North Star.

While we're pointing out inaccuracies with the shirt, we might as well note that it's impossible for two shooting stars to perfectly form the shape of a record needle.

Of course the design isn't scientifically accurate. It's a work of semi-abstract art.

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan

Congrats radiomode, its an amazing shirt!

Well deserved!

lilzombie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilzombie

I love the fire on the needle arm, it's like a derelict ship in a decaying orbit but still quite beautiful.

This was a really creative take on the theme, congratulations Radiomode.

^__^

kierara

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kierara
thaskaman wrote:

is all he was sayin...

That was my first thought too. Not that it was unoriginal, but that it looked like In Silico. Still like it either way!

Laureenmt

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Laureenmt
goldenthorn wrote:That was a beautiful write-up, sir woot-writer.

I hope our esteemed woot writers are working on other projects like novels or stories. Let us know when they print. You all really are good.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 217 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Awesome work, Budi! I bet this will look very cool printed on a tee.

(sometimes I wish the front page image had a more realistic style to help us visualize the actual product better)

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
Spiritgreen wrote:Awesome work, Budi! I bet this will look very cool printed on a tee.

(sometimes I wish the front page image had a more realistic style to help us visualize the actual product better)

Totally agree on both counts.

Laureenmt

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Laureenmt

Wow! I had never realized that radiomode is in India! Woot really brings together an international group of people.

meh3884

quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884
Laureenmt wrote:Wow! I had never realized that radiomode is in India! Woot really brings together an international group of people.

Same here, that's pretty awesome. I have never bought a black shirt off woot, but one this is making it a tough decision

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

meh3884

quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884
thaskaman wrote:

Are these seriously supposed to look similar? Common people.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

HolyMythos

quality posts: 48 Private Messages HolyMythos

It's just so.... Pendulum;

http://www.how2skate.com/des_img/music/Pendulum_InSilico.jpg

Boo, someone beat me to it.

NightGhost

quality posts: 1906 Private Messages NightGhost

Oh, that's what it is!

Starblind

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Starblind

Absolutely beautiful. Design of the year (so far) for sure!

deadboy619

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deadboy619

Grabbing this shirt some liquid love and heading out to the woods.

nsenese2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nsenese2

Love this design, more like this please!

blandzilla

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blandzilla

Dag. That's one sharp shirt. It's a shame I don't wear black shirts. I think I do, but they just sit there unworn.

wootleey

quality posts: 5 Private Messages wootleey

Very nice! I love this one! Under normal circumstances, I would not buy another black shirt, but this one is exceptional.

jeff1872t

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeff1872t

Great design. I'm broke but I still had to pick one up. I'll just skip a meal or two.

jeanerz13

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jeanerz13

Have those "share" buttons always been there below the sizes? If so, I really need to brush up on my skills of observation...