aggie4life13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aggie4life13

Matt Smith looks so happy to be the center of attention!

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod

rufus323

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rufus323

This shirt is so fantastic that I bought 2!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 209 Private Messages Spiritgreen
alephnull2k1 wrote:I'd think the obvious treatment here would be to replace the pencils with screwdrivers, and instead of drawing each other, have an access panel on Luke's forearm open, exposing the mechanical workings within...

But it would take an artist to render that, and I am not he...

Sounds like this (only more Star Warsy)

(link)

queenmob

quality posts: 7 Private Messages queenmob

That's pretty amazing. There is also this by Ian Leino:

illustration: www.jung-comics.com
shirts: www.jung-shirts.com

lethargicmass

quality posts: 10 Private Messages lethargicmass
Marcuslweger wrote:Torn! I'm a huge Whovian, but I despise the cartoony depictions. Tell my why I should change my mind.

Because gender-reorientation surgeons need money too, and the only way you're likely to start liking this cartoon-ey style is if you become a woman.

I love bacon!

lethargicmass

quality posts: 10 Private Messages lethargicmass
dreamingstar213 wrote:We have a hidden TARDIS, now where's the sonic screwdriver?

And Eleven should have a fez!

"Fezzes are cool."

I love bacon!

bluejester

quality posts: 557 Private Messages bluejester

I believe the troop from the BBC program did a kinda funny spoof of what would happen if the 10th Doctor had himself over for Christmas.

clarinerd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages clarinerd

I'm really on the fence as to whether I should buy this or not.

On the one hand, I usually don't get pop culture shirts (with the exception of it came out of nowhere) and I might like some more detail in the characters and background.

On the other hand, it looks like what you would get if someone made potter puppet pals style doctor who characters and that makes me laugh. This David Tennant actually bears an uncanny resemblance to PPP harry. I actually thought it was a Harry Potter shirt before I looked at it closely.

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15

I love Escher, but somehow I just can't stand the cheesy cartoon characters on there at all. Would have been an easy buy if there were no people.

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

arcade-art

quality posts: 1 Private Messages arcade-art

Doctor Who's never been so cute!!! thought this might have sold out by now.
congrats on the print!

............ Video Game Art and Custom Sprites ............

i8alldpie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages i8alldpie

I want to buy the shirt so bad, but it's hard when you make someone as hot as David Tennant look like Harry Potter.

fretlessman71

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fretlessman71
fuzznarf wrote:Is this a spoof or a ripoff?? it looks nearly identical to Escher's Reality. right down to the person sitting on the stoop (#5). I dunno, maybe I just don't get it.
But either way, the artist could have spent a little more time on the archway in the middle that looks mangled.

You mean "Relativity". (There's nothing real about this! C'mon!...)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relativity_%28M._C._Escher%29

chbc423

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chbc423
robio wrote:I've been a huge "Doctor Who" geek since 1979. I made my own version of a Baker scarf and wore it to school regularly in junior high. Whichever Doctor I happen to me watching is my favorite Doctor at that time, save for McCoy, who I can't watch at all without someone restraining me from punching my television.

But I can't buy this tee shirt. The likenesses are not close enough to the characters. I'll stick with my "It came out of nowhere" TARDIS-DeLorean collision Woot shirt.

/I'm sorry...I'm so sorry.

I can sympathize. I would generally prefer better likenesses, but I ordered one because I think they're still recognizable to fans, thus providing adequate geek cred, poses a little bit of fun (which is which!), it's pretty cute, and can serve as a cool MC Escher tribute to your non-Who friends. Plus, it includes 11, which is nice.

theCan

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theCan

I really should start checking woot when the new stuff gets posted. That way I can make the David Bowie and other past pop culture references that I don't care about.

lol; w00t

NightGhost

quality posts: 1905 Private Messages NightGhost
i8alldpie wrote:I want to buy the shirt so bad, but it's hard when you make someone as hot as David Tennant look like Harry Potter.

Must be that polyjuice potion.

yeltrah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yeltrah
redyellowblu wrote:I'm joining the Who fans Woot group who boycott this shirt but wear their It Came Out of Nowhere weekly (or biweekly if it's not too dirty)

I absolutely agree that the likenesses are awful. It looks like they looked up pictures on the internet but never actually watched any of the older shows.

And the worst of it all is that Tom Baker looks like he's not wearing pants...

Pants are overrated. ;-)
"What is the point of being an adult, if you can't be childish sometimes." -Tom Baker, Dr. Who IV

Gilliam317

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gilliam317
tedzilla99 wrote:This shirt proves that Daleks can't climb stairs, which is why they are always saying "Escalate!"

Daleks don't need stairs. They just level the building floor by floor.

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
remisser wrote:if you saw my earlier comment - THREE shirt a day sites have a who shirt today (aside from woot -- qwertee and teefury)

heh thanks never even knew about qwertee B^)

rachelynnx3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rachelynnx3

you can't wear this shirt near a river..

doodahbtfcc13

quality posts: 20 Private Messages doodahbtfcc13

I like to think this would happen on February 29th.
Technically, that day isn't real. Since it doesn't exist, then gravity doesn't work on that day.
Right?

fyrwhin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fyrwhin

I was hoping to buy this shirt for a Song...
But I bet she already has one.

NightGhost

quality posts: 1905 Private Messages NightGhost
doodahbtfcc13 wrote:I like to think this would happen on February 29th.
Technically, that day isn't real. Since it doesn't exist, then gravity doesn't work on that day.
Right?

Tell that to Ja Rule.

dostone

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dostone

Would still love to have a shirt with Daleks and Borgs squaring off face to face in a heated exchange arguing "Exterminate!!" vs. "Assimilate!!"

smklung

quality posts: 9 Private Messages smklung

Escher is rolling over in his grave.

ladafi

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ladafi
kismatt wrote:It amuses me that one of the figures looks like Harry Potter...

Strangely, this was the first thing I thought too.

"It must be a part of Hogwarts, that one is Harry Potter!"

LDempstar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LDempstar
kismatt wrote:It amuses me that one of the figures looks like Harry Potter...

which is amusing since that is the 10th doctor, ie David Tennant, ie Barty Crouch Jr. from Harry Potter....

bonnieej

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bonnieej
bfr004 wrote:This made me think of 'Castrovalva' instead of 'City of Death,' but then I have a soft spot for Peter Davison.

Catrovalva was the first thing to come to my mind too.

bob12345swn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bob12345swn

Weird Al, anyone?

mblonde7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mblonde7
nvaine wrote:I love this shirt. Janis Joplin gave me this shirt.

This is great ^^ I may say that when someone asks where I got it (Well, when a Whovian asks. Otherwise it would be silly).

And I like the shirt; I know people are annoyed at the likenesses, but I enjoy it. I also enjoy Escher so that's a plus :D

tailsfox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tailsfox
dreamingstar213 wrote:We have a hidden TARDIS, now where's the sonic screwdriver?

And Eleven should have a fez!

Patrick Troughton/#2 has the sonic screwdriver, of course, as he's the first actor who used it.

(This is the detail that made it very obvious to me that an actual Who fan designed this.)

pteroswirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pteroswirl

My brother bought this for me, and he bought one for himself. It came today and it's epic. Yessss.

jugglingguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jugglingguy
sabru8 wrote:I like the phone booth placement and that the stairs seem to form a heart shape.

It's not a phone booth, its a Police Box. Phone booths are red.

lionesskeeper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lionesskeeper

Mine still hasn't arrived.
And the FedEx number isn't workng

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

lionesskeeper wrote:Mine still hasn't arrived.
And the FedEx number isn't workng

If you ordered your shirt more than five business days ago and your FedEx tracking number is still not working, then please email service@woot.com with your order number and question as to location. Thanks!

lionesskeeper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lionesskeeper
goldenthorn wrote:If you ordered your shirt more than five business days ago and your FedEx tracking number is still not working, then please email service@woot.com with your order number and question as to location. Thanks!

Oh thanks for that info :D

smklung

quality posts: 9 Private Messages smklung

poop