DianaSprinkle


quality posts: 112 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
bassanimation wrote:What's up, Papa Doc! <--famouse vodoo practitioner

This one is super cute, I am glad to see him up!



Heh heh, I'm really happy with how this little guy came out. I might try a slightly smaller brush size the lines still seem a little thick.

paigeg


quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: magic lamp



MHO, why on earth would a cat look to a humanoid genie??
This works, and the halftones are decent - not excellent, but really good representation of vaopr. Good job - and nice concept!

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
paigeg wrote:Wow. Really? They can't be that far off, of you folks would have broadcasted the changeup. I can't imagine the small difference would phase a buyer... Would it? If so, it's on Woot to make sure we're up to date with any changes in the colors of the AA blanks. MO. But - I'm right.



actually, it seems a LOT darker than the template color (R:121 G:10 B:40 on my monitor), and the color they provide for the daily (Pantone 202 C).

wootvan


quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan
Drakxxx wrote:Now available for your child's birthday party! Book early!



I booked WoG for my child's birthday and, while his "tricks" were spectacular, the cleanup was horrific (in more ways than one). We're still finding pieces of internal organs in our rumpus room and rabbit droppings are everywhere. On the plus side, the kids adored his goody-bags (fresh rabbits' feet, butterfingers, googoo clusters) and his spike-through-the-hand trick was over 60% successful.

+1

mirumeiku


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mirumeiku
Josephus wrote:I think the two racks of ribs, as well as the knobby bones, would have to fall over, as there's nothing to hold them in the positions they are in. It does look wrong, but as you say, the people who like this kind of cartoony design don't care that it looks wrong. I can't imagine intentionally drawing something that looks so obviously impossible, myself, but I guess people in that sort of business know what works for them.



Thank you, this is exactly what I meant. Once I noticed them, I just couldn't unsee them. :p

In response to megsck's comment, with regard to the anatomy, I'm well aware that cartoon bones aren't drawn the same as real human bones, and I don't expect them to be. However, these ribs don't even look like they'd form a ribcage/chest-like shape if put together, and that's what bothers me.

taternuggets


quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
ignorant wrote:At this time taternuggets has been fire from his role of unpaid spokesperson for this shirt. We are now accepting votes from all taternuggets haters.



I am no longer affiliated with Ignorant.


Nothing follows.

tizbazua


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tizbazua
Re: magic bathmat ride.



the fact i even participated this week amazes only me. I am very sick, and everyones got really really good entries! But hope you enjoy my public service anouncement, something had to be noted about those sneaky Arab bathmats...

kylemittskus


quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
megsck wrote:i think the point of parody IS to reference something. the bunny wasnt made of flames in the movie right? so its not the bunny from the movie



Putting the reject or not argument aside, this is not parody.

Parody is "a work created to mock, comment on, or make fun at an original work." This isn't mocking Holy Grail; it isn't commenting on it (usually done by making some political or social commentary); and it isn't making fun of it.

Whatever this is -- fan art, reinterpretation, etc. -- it is decidedly not parody.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

mdmbunny


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdmbunny
chumpmagic wrote:The glow around the characters makes it look a tad fuzzy. I assumed you did it to make your line-work more visible (maybe not...), but I think it would work better without it.

Regardless, I dig this design.



well, thanks for the comment!

You're right, that glow makes it a bit fuzzy, but I think it makes it magical as well (:

I mainly added it because the design was too flat to me and, like you mentioned, the outline was not so visible.

In any case, I recognize I should use less gradients in my designs.

thank you very much for digging my work (:

mirumeiku


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mirumeiku
jmmbell1987 wrote:Honestly, I think this would've been a lot funnier with a normal, humanoid genie. The cat genie is just overdoing the... catness? I dunno. I guess I'm just up to my gills in cat and rabbit-based designs this derby.

Just my $1/50th. Take it as you will, no malice intended.



I agree with this as well, and I actually do like the overall concept.

Also, I'd suggest looking more carefully at references. When a cat's sitting down, the bottom of its tail hits the floor; it's not slightly above it. Just a little thing that bugged me. I have two cats and see their backs/butts all the time, so it's hard for me not to notice that.

IgnatiusRiley


quality posts: 1 Private Messages IgnatiusRiley
paigeg wrote:This. Is SICK. If it doesn't print here, you NEED to print somewhere else. Just major bad news. I LOVE it.



THIS x 1,000,000. Sweet jebus this week's theme is meant for the beatific madness of you two.

The idea of submissions like this disappearing into the digital ether on a near-weekly basis is getting intolerable. I wonder how much it costs to get a silk screening business going...

ignorant


quality posts: 5 Private Messages ignorant
Re: Dark Side of Magic



Due to legal issues and a heated court battle over our last shirt, it was determined the best course of action would be to let taternuggets go at this time. I'm hoping we can work through this and bring taternuggets back on as a full time unpaid spokesperson for this shirt soon.

greystone9


quality posts: 0 Private Messages greystone9
Re: Big Bad Voodoo Bunny




Ooh...shades of Doctor Facilier!

greystone9


quality posts: 0 Private Messages greystone9
Re: Elf Nouveau



We need more art noveau designs. I love this!

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: The Terrors of the White Rabbit
fishbiscuit5 wrote:Cute and simple. Nice! And congrats on your first place win today, Jas!

Thanks fishbiscuit! Getting first was totally unexpected - and great!


Vote!


DivineAna


quality posts: 9 Private Messages DivineAna
Re: THE WIZARD OF GORE



Hahaha! Macabre, unique, and well-drawn-- three of my favorite things!

megsck


quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
kylemittskus wrote:Putting the reject or not argument aside, this is not parody.

Parody is "a work created to mock, comment on, or make fun at an original work." This isn't mocking Holy Grail; it isn't commenting on it (usually done by making some political or social commentary); and it isn't making fun of it.

Whatever this is -- fan art, reinterpretation, etc. -- it is decidedly not parody.



i think the movie was mocking the fantasy genre, this is putting that ridiculous non horrifying scenario back into a more realistic perspective. so i guess it is mocking the holy grail as much as the holy grail was mocking it. o_O

megsck


quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
mirumeiku wrote:However, these ribs don't even look like they'd form a ribcage/chest-like shape if put together, and that's what bothers me.



then how did you recognize them as a rib cage? im basically saying that im in the business of making a drawing look good, if my silhouette is off or i need to cheat something to make it more readable or just plain look better ill do it, because im not drawing for text books, im drawing for visual pleasure for my eye. if the bones were lying flat you wouldnt read them as bones as easily or as fast.

not saying that you shouldnt be bothered by it, im just trying to explain why he might of, or why i would have, drawn them the same way.

juliaL719


quality posts: 0 Private Messages juliaL719
Re: How to levitate a llama



The linework and execution here is brilliant.

I really don't even need to understand what it means, because it blows my mind.

Want.

penthus


quality posts: 3 Private Messages penthus
Re: magic bathmat ride.



This one made me giggle. Love her expression. :3

loveengrey


quality posts: 5 Private Messages loveengrey

love the use of the negative space

taternuggets


quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
ignorant wrote:Due to legal issues and a heated court battle over our last shirt, it was determined the best course of action would be to let taternuggets go at this time. I'm hoping we can work through this and bring taternuggets back on as a full time unpaid spokesperson for this shirt soon.



For the record, use of my name to promote this shirt was never authorized and I only agreed to come on board to try and assist Ignorant. I was then "let go" after my inability to get more votes for his "art."

Seems like sour grapes to me.


Nothing follows.

loveengrey


quality posts: 5 Private Messages loveengrey
derkis wrote:This is really pretty. Got my vote.

However again, I think it's a little confusing in terms of conveying the theme. If the girl magically infuses things with color, shouldn't she herself be colored? And perhaps if there was a suggestion of her path and other items scattered along it that had color, it would read better. You could also do some really neat things compositionally winding that path through the background.



Yeah I totally agree with this. It needs a little more color to be a complete design to me. Also, this is a little gross but it looks like the girl is just bleeding on the rose. Just an observation but yeahhhh. Otherwise I think this is a pretty solid design

loveengrey


quality posts: 5 Private Messages loveengrey

haha this is good. perfect expressions on your characters.

asmadasrabbits


quality posts: 3 Private Messages asmadasrabbits
Re: How to levitate a llama



This is amazing.

SeedUvPain


quality posts: 10 Private Messages SeedUvPain
Re: Death Rain 2



Details to come. Thanks for looking!

NameyMcName


quality posts: 10 Private Messages NameyMcName
Re: The Great Bear-dini!


The bears' bodies are pretty uneven, and the shoulders seem to be set at different levels. I think it would also help to add more detail around the nose area because with the outline of the faces alone, the heads look a bit misshapen.

blanked


quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
areca77 wrote:o no i wasn't sure if numbers count



They go with if you can find it on a keyboard it is text. (and Possibly more than what is there too, non-USA money symbols and whatsits)

megsck


quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
SeedUvPain wrote:Details to come. Thanks for looking!



this is the most amazing thing ive ever seen. there is just so much magical awesomeness going on it blows my mind....forget a t-shirt, this is getting airbrushed on the side of my car. +1!

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
megsck wrote:then how did you recognize them as a rib cage? im basically saying that im in the business of making a drawing look good, if my silhouette is off or i need to cheat something to make it more readable or just plain look better ill do it, because im not drawing for text books, im drawing for visual pleasure for my eye. if the bones were lying flat you wouldnt read them as bones as easily or as fast.

not saying that you shouldnt be bothered by it, im just trying to explain why he might of, or why i would have, drawn them the same way.



well, they could have been drawn like this. this took about 5 minutes, but I think you can tell it's a rib cage and one of those accepted icons for real bones. With a little shining up, it would have been more identifiable than the thing that's there now, and not defied gravity at all.

Jullianagrey


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jullianagrey
paigeg wrote:This. Is SICK. If it doesn't print here, you NEED to print somewhere else. Just major bad news. I LOVE it.



Don't think it'll be printing here. It's too awesome.

+1 regardless. The work you guys enter is one of the few reasons I even bother checking the site.

tidus755


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tidus755
Re: The wrong rabbit for the show



I want this t-shirt. Please.

explodedwhale


quality posts: 5 Private Messages explodedwhale

+1. I have more Woot shirts from SeedUvPain than any other Woot artist. Keep it up.

be10der2me


quality posts: 0 Private Messages be10der2me
Re: MAGIK



I think I have seen this majorette before, the boots are a dead give away. The top hat is cinched FAR too tight and the birds and skull...well... Not original.

be10der2me


quality posts: 0 Private Messages be10der2me
Re: magic lamp



LOVE! One question, if he wishes for a triple burger does that still count as one wish?

mirumeiku


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mirumeiku
Josephus wrote:well, they could have been drawn like this. this took about 5 minutes, but I think you can tell it's a rib cage and one of those accepted icons for real bones. With a little shining up, it would have been more identifiable than the thing that's there now, and not defied gravity at all.



This. Exactly. Props for the perfect illustration. I recognized ramyb's ribs as being ribs because that's the only place in the body where bones are lined up like that. Doesn't mean it couldn't have easily been done better. Not too long ago, someone gave me a stuffed animal with a mashed face, misaligned eyes and whiskers, and a crooked nose. It looks not just a little Lamuellan. I recognized it as a cat, but that doesn't mean there's nothing wrong with it.

*edit* LOL, didn't realize I would get automatically censored for calling my stuffed cat mentally r*****ded.

leroo15


quality posts: 0 Private Messages leroo15
hooligandave wrote:TWINKIE GUTS!!! Mmmmmmmmm...
Love the freaked-out cupcake!



Thanks!

k8edid3


quality posts: 2 Private Messages k8edid3
Re: Magic Gathering FAIL



ha! love it!

leroo15


quality posts: 0 Private Messages leroo15
katrinabean86 wrote:Love the shirts that explain themselves without text. This is great!



Thank you : )

annr11


quality posts: 0 Private Messages annr11
Re: Elemental Magic



I like how crisp the colors look against the black shirt. Nice work.