jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: beard magic!

Haha awesome! What is it about beards?;) Love the kooky viking dude, style and colors - sweet design meg!

Vote!

jasneko

Re: TaDaa!

Love that bunny! Adorable fella and cute idea

Vote!

derkis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages derkis
paigeg wrote:MHO, why on earth would a cat look to a humanoid genie??
This works, and the halftones are decent - not excellent, but really good representation of vaopr. Good job - and nice concept!

Because genies and lamps are human creations, not cat ones.

It's also far more clever to have a human genie perplexed by the fact that he has been stirred by a cute kitten who just wants a cheeseburger (ugh), than a cat genie looking sternly at his feline master. Why is he stern? Does he not understand how to communicate with other cats, was he unfamiliar with how magic lamp bonds work?

No, more likely the author was just dialing-in the fact that people think cats are cute and putting more cats in your design raises the probability of printing.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
megsck wrote:i think the movie was mocking the fantasy genre, this is putting that ridiculous non horrifying scenario back into a more realistic perspective. so i guess it is mocking the holy grail as much as the holy grail was mocking it. o_O

The movie is mocking fantasy? Really? (Seriously, not being sarcastic.) It's been a while since I've seen it, but I don't remember any fantasy-esque elements. It seemed to be more parodic of the "quest" genre. I'm not a huge fan, though, so I could be wrong.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

graffd02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages graffd02
Re: Dragonfire

Although I love the colors of my first submission... I decided to post again with these colors, which were my first choice, before I changed them.

enjoy.

derkis

Re: Big Bad Voodoo Bunny

Wow, that is just too many speculars.

kylemittskus

This shirt reminds me of wearbeard.com. I like it!

derkis

I love the design, but I wish there was some suggestion that it was the beard making the magics. It'd make my beard seem that much cooler when I wore it.

Voted anyways.

jayarek

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jayarek

dooomcat

quality posts: 11 Private Messages dooomcat

There's something off about her right hand, I think the thing underneath is her thumb? The shape is a bit weird. But the movement and pose in this is so dynamic and lovely! Color choice is really interesting too!

D3lusional

quality posts: 2 Private Messages D3lusional
Re: Create life

Booooooo! To this being out of the fog.
Seriously, wonderful illustration.

renegadetim

quality posts: 12 Private Messages renegadetim
derkis wrote:This is really cool, reminds me of a some pulpy sci-fi and/or fashion illustraions. Got my vote.

I think the girl's face looks a little large, maybe if you shrink her eye and move it closer to the nose, just slightly. Also her back leg looks thicker than the one in the foreground, and it's as long as it too despite the fact that it's receding.

I like the styling and coloring and would LOVE this if not for some issues. I don't think the face is too big, but I definitely noticed the back leg right away and just can't figure it out nor really like the design because of it.

I don't get why it's not flesh colored to begin with, but it definitely is thicker than the other leg and the start of the leg. It's just too much for me to overlook. Other than that and what Dooomcat said about her right hand, it's amazing. I just can't get over those two things and don't really see the need for them to be like that.

Not trying to be a sourpuss, just trying to be constructive since everyone else is in love with this and it's so close to being amazing to me.

locustpr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages locustpr
Re: How to levitate a llama

More love for this please!

renegadetim

Re: Harry the potter

This design is different than the other ideas, but this idea has already been done and printed anyways. So, don't think this submission is what was stopping you.

It's already been printed at ript a couple months ago.

kaseyfleming

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaseyfleming

Thanks for the feedback guys. I usually take suggestions like these and keep them in mind for future reworks outside of comments from those like be10der2me, I find it all very constructive, thanks!

renegadetim wrote:I like the styling and coloring and would LOVE this if not for some issues. I don't think the face is too big, but I definitely noticed the back leg right away and just can't figure it out nor really like the design because of it.

I don't get why it's not flesh colored to begin with, but it definitely is thicker than the other leg and the start of the leg. It's just too much for me to overlook. Other than that and what Dooomcat said about her right hand, it's amazing. I just can't get over those two things and don't really see the need for them to be like that.

Not trying to be a sourpuss, just trying to be constructive since everyone else is in love with this and it's so close to being amazing to me.

aswati

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aswati
Re: Dorothy is a fool for Wizardry!

She is a strange one, that Dorothy. Instead of following directions (a map!!) and finding her way home to Kansas, she falls for magic. She is lured by the wizardry of Oz. The enchanting Emerald City beckons her to follow the yellow brick road and fall into the trap of a world of witches, confused and yearning animals and tin fellows. Thus, she is part of a mysterious story that eventually gets her home, but, only after completely plunging herself into magic!

renegadetim

loveengrey wrote:Yeah I totally agree with this. It needs a little more color to be a complete design to me. Also, this is a little gross but it looks like the girl is just bleeding on the rose. Just an observation but yeahhhh. Otherwise I think this is a pretty solid design

I'm pretty sure the concept is that she is bleeding color into the woods. But I guess with Magic as the theme maybe not.

InkWiz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages InkWiz

derkis wrote:This is not bad, but the opacity and sharp edges of the shadows doesn't gel well with the thickly brushed background you have going on. If you blend them in as the shadow recedes it'd look more natural.

The halftone shading on the figure also seems kind stylistically out of place since the background dominates so much of the image, and is rendered in a completely different manner. And shouldn't there be some light on his face, his arm holding the cane, his hand, etc?

Well glad you like it. Yeah your right about the lighting I am honestly not that good with the whole light source thing, but I an working on it.

http://threadless.com/submission/323515/Blue_Books_Of_Sorrow

renegadetim

ignorant wrote:"we can't do it" - why not??

"not appropriate for our audience" - that makes even less sense, how is this inappropriate?

You must be being sarcastic.

Do you not see what prints here on a regular basis?

For one they can't do it because it's way too close to actual characters.

Second, it definitely isn't appropriate for woot. With the title alone, you clearly broke the appropriateness for this site. And the drawing clearly points out the pun. Do you expect a kid to wear this? Yes, there are two potential jokes and kids COULD look at it innocently, but not likely with the way "Size matters" is advertised and plastered everywhere in reference to men.

I personally did laugh, and like the idea, it's just not appropriate for this site. And they can't really print images that are so close to actual characters anyways. Look at the Harry the potter design, same reason for rejection.

renegadetim

lunadust12 wrote:certified bunny free!

(don't look under the hat)

Love the changes! And it has enough colors to get my vote and a purchase if it were printed. I like how subtle it is and doesn't have to have the magician or rabbit.

I'd definitely buy it!

ApeLad

quality posts: 37 Private Messages ApeLad
Re: Expecto Catronus

I haven't read enough Terry Pratchett to know the reference. Where would I find it? Is there a good Discworld jumping on point?

snowfreeze

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snowfreeze

How do we vote???

manniedex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages manniedex

Kinda what I was thinking, too. Thanks for your defense! Oh well; there's always next week. :-)

manniedex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages manniedex
Spiritgreen wrote:I really like your illustration Manniedex. I wonder if you've tried it on a brown shirt? For me it'd have more energy without the box.

Nice design!

Thank you! I played with the shirt color a lot and went back and forth but ultimately the green evoked the natural feeling I was going for best. Without the box, the hand is disembodied. Also, I thought the terra cotta color unified the image really well and allowed me to increase the emphasis on the sprout by picking up that color on the shirt, as well.

locustpr

Re: I Attack the Darkness!

Sometimes it works.

jasneko

Re: Magic Gathering FAIL

lol!! Quite hilarious, and well done characters.

Vote!

embersglow1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages embersglow1

Wow... gorgeous.

locustpr

Re: Finders Keepers...

Adorable, I hope we see more from you two.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987

In this awful, awful derby, this design being fogged is a rare saving grace. Please print.

heartflux

quality posts: 5 Private Messages heartflux
Re: magic lamp

I can haz ICanHas awesomeness? In for one if it prints.

I woot, therefore I am.

viscosity2004

quality posts: 7 Private Messages viscosity2004
ApeLad wrote:I haven't read enough Terry Pratchett to know the reference. Where would I find it? Is there a good Discworld jumping on point?

It's pretty well covered in the first book that centers around Death, the character (Mort). And maybe in the Color of Magic (first book in the series).

I started reading the Discworld series and would personally start with The Color of Magic and then follow the series based on publishing dates.

kylemittskus

snowfreeze wrote:How do we vote???

To vote, you have to purchase something from one of the 6 woot sites (woot.com, shirt.woot.com, moofi.woot.com, sellout.woot.com, kids.woot.com, or wine.woot.com (the best of all)).

snowfreeze

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snowfreeze
kylemittskus wrote:To vote, you have to purchase something from one of the 6 woot sites (woot.com, shirt.woot.com, moofi.woot.com, sellout.woot.com, kids.woot.com, or wine.woot.com (the best of all)).

OK, thank you!!!

benjythebold

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benjythebold
graffd02 wrote:Although I love the colors of my first submission... I decided to post again with these colors, which were my first choice, before I changed them.

enjoy.

The very epitome of awesomeness, these colours are.

benjythebold

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benjythebold
Re: Sea Witch's favor... or curse?

Ditto all above me.
Very cool shirt, sir. If it comes up, I will probably buy!

Doonyal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Doonyal
Re: THE WIZARD OF GORE

this scares me/creeps me out, and i'm 20 :P nice work though

oreocookiesp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oreocookiesp
locustpr wrote:Sometimes it works.

Are there any girls there?!?! If there are I want to DO them!

NameyMcName

quality posts: 10 Private Messages NameyMcName
Re: The Weasel and the Owl

I would want this shirt with just the weasel.

justmiller87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justmiller87
Re: Grimoire Ver 2

Voted on this again, and I'm happy to do so. I hope this wins, the artwork is amazing.

jacroe

quality posts: 21 Private Messages jacroe
Re: Abracadammit

The title of this made me chuckle. Awesome.